Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Uprising - A Multiversal Adventure Beyond Fiction and Reality (Please Read First Page Before Joining)

Failinhearts

Star looked over the report. "Reading? Ugh, do we have to?"

Robinson perched onto a table and peered over the report as well. "Look, it's best we read it over and find out what Ants-in-my-pants has been doing with Riku, otherwise we'll be going in blind!"

Star just sat down, hoping someone would read it aloud.

• Thumbs Up 2

"You might be disappointed, this seems to be an old report..." Edgeworth said, as he grabbed it and began reading it out-loud.

"The boy's heart has finally given itself fully to the power of the darkness. It appears that witch Maleficent began grooming the boy to accept the darkness and control the heartless with it's power. But she hasn't studied the nature of one's heart, what the true essence of darkness is, the true power that it holds. She's tricked the boy into believing that he's weak, and hated, that his own friends have abandoned him and replaced him like a broken toy. It was so very simple to tell him what he wanted to hear, to trick him into fully giving in. He's mine now, I have successfully managed to steal his body and use it as my new vessel. I won't allow my body to be destroyed again". 

"...This...is sick..." Edgeworth said.

• Thumbs Up 4

"V-V-V-Vessel?!" Voidica gulped, her pupils shrinking. "D... does that mean Andy was a ghost all along?!"

"More importantly," Lumina said in contemplation, "Riku's gonna lose his mind to some evil creepo! What are we gonna do?"

"Erm... panic?" Robnson asked. He looked around the room in search of anyone who agreed with him, to no success. "Well, it's not like we can beat the creep out of him!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Hearing the report, it's like the life was sucked out of Sally's eyes. That hit a little close to home for her...

"So we may be too late?" asks Nicole, worried. This was just baaaad news. "I really hope not."

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

Robinson perched onto a table and peered over the report as well. "Look, it's best we read it over and find out what Ants-in-my-pants has been doing with Riku, otherwise we'll be going in blind!"

"Heeeey, you stole my pun! I can sue, you know!" Kyubey pouts before directing his attention to the notes.

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"You might be disappointed, this seems to be an old report..." Edgeworth said, as he grabbed it and began reading it out-loud.

"The boy's heart has finally given itself fully to the power of the darkness. It appears that witch Maleficent began grooming the boy to accept the darkness and control the heartless with it's power. But she hasn't studied the nature of one's heart, what the true essence of darkness is, the true power that it holds. She's tricked the boy into believing that he's weak, and hated, that his own friends have abandoned him and replaced him like a broken toy. It was so very simple to tell him what he wanted to hear, to trick him into fully giving in. He's mine now, I have successfully managed to steal his body and use it as my new vessel. I won't allow my body to be destroyed again". 

"Wait, this Riku guy's completely controlled? That's no good... AND an invasion of privacy! This jackass is going down!" Kyubey growls through gritted teeth.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Guys, please calm down. These are old entries. We might still have time to save him". Trunks shouted.

"There's more papers here, but these seem to be...old diary entries..." Edgeworth said, picking up a few more of them.

Riku's Journal - New World.

"...It's been a few hours since it happened. Destiny Islands was swallowed whole by the darkness, and I'm stuck in some world with a giant castle and floating air bubbles. If only Sora had the guts to follow me into the darkness! If only he was strong enough to-" 

"...No, this isn't his fault. I...sprung it all on him too quickly. Some woman named Maleficent found me, told me she would care for me until I knew how to move on my own. I didn't trust her as far as I could throw her, but I don't have much of a choice, I need to figure things out and find Sora and Kairi. They're my best friends. I won't give up til I find them". 

Riku's Journal - Abandoned.

"...I...don't know what to say. It's so surreal. It's so...it can't be happening. Not him". 

"Maleficent told me she found Sora in some world called Traverse Town. I demanded she take me there, I had to find him. I had to apologise for what I did, for not helping him during the island's destruction. But more importantly, I just had to be reunited with my friend. We could find Kairi together, and be one happy family, like we always were. But that's when Maleficent revealed...Sora replaced me. She took me to Traverse Town, and that's when I saw him, surrounded by other people, his new "friends". 

"...Fine. If he's going to betray me like this, I'll find Kairi on my own...I don't need help anyway, M-my heart's strong enough, stronger than his. I will take hold of the darkness, I won't let it control me, I'll control it". 

• Thumbs Up 3

"Replaced?" Shuichi squints his eyes, grabbing the paper from Edgeworth to verify his readings before looking back at the others. "Is... Is he talking about... us?"

He hands the paper back to Edgeworth.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"...I...don't know what to say. It's so surreal. It's so...it can't be happening. Not him". 

"Maleficent told me she found Sora in some world called Traverse Town. I demanded she take me there, I had to find him. I had to apologise for what I did, for not helping him during the island's destruction. But more importantly, I just had to be reunited with my friend. We could find Kairi together, and be one happy family, like we always were. But that's when Maleficent revealed...Sora replaced me. She took me to Traverse Town, and that's when I saw him, surrounded by other people, his new "friends". 

"...Fine. If he's going to betray me like this, I'll find Kairi on my own...I don't need help anyway, M-my heart's strong enough, stronger than his. I will take hold of the darkness, I won't let it control me, I'll control it". 

"Mh-hm," Robinson chirped, looking through the entries, "I'm sure things turned out juuuuuust peachy for him."

Voidica felt sorry for Riku, even though she'd never met him. "Th...things got better for him eventually, though, d-didn't they?"

• Thumbs Up 1

"Someone with jealousy, huh? I can tell this isn't gonna end well, is it?" Hiyoko crosses her arms, listening to Edgeworth's story. 

Kyubey gets closer down the table. "So... these files. Are we gonna use these to save him or something?" He asks.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"Replaced?" Shuichi squints his eyes, grabbing the paper from Edgeworth to verify his readings before looking back at the others. "Is... Is he talking about... us?"

He hands the paper back to Edgeworth.

Edgeworth shook his head. "No, as I said, these are old reports. I believe Sora mentioned events like this at one point or another, so it's likely from that point in time. Regardless, it would be likely Ansem's researching to attempt to take over Riku's body once again". 

He picked up another one of the journals, beginning to read it. 

Riku's Journal - Strength 

"...I found her. I finally found her. Kairi was found in a strange world named Neverland, filled with flying ships, pirates, fairies, and so much more. I tried to wake her up, but...she remained inanimate. That's when Maleficent revealed the truth to me. Sora had held Kairi's heart hostage, and was keeping her in this state. Even now, it wasn't enough for him to replace us, he had to keep Kairi like this forever..."

"...I-I feel strange. I feel these...feelings of self-doubt. It's all so surreal. I've known Sora for so long, this doesn't seem like something he would do, b-but Maleficent showed me the evidence, she granted me my power, m-my strength. B-But I'm sure if I just talk to him and try to sort all of this out, then maybe I can..." 

"No, NO, Why do I keep thinking these weak, pathetic thoughts?! I was replaced, I was abandoned, a-and I've got to be stronger, I've got to have the strength to do what's right! This is right! Sora has to be stopped, I will save Kairi, and I will prove to him that I am stronger".

"I'll prove it to all of them, my heart is strong enough to survive through the darkness..."

"It...has to be". 

• Thumbs Up 2

"This sounds quite a lot like corruption." Hiyoko comments. "I kinda know how that feels... in a sense."

Hiyoko, surprisingly invested in the story looks up to Edgeworth. "What happens next?" She asks.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Ansem. All this time. He was there. Just watching and waiting...to take over Riku", Sora said. The very thought of how Riku had slowly began to turn against him, only to culminate into his friend succumbing to darkness. To say it haunted him would be an understatement.

"Sora?", Phoenix asked to check and see what was up.

"If my suspicions are Mr. Wright, this was back from our first venture. Back when our home Destiny Island, had been swallowed by the darkness. Me, Kairi and Riku were flung across the Disney multiverse.....Kairi, she-"

"I lost my heart during the attack of the heartless", Kairi interjected, "But Sora....somehow he kept it safe within himself!"

"Unfortunately, it sounds Riku didn't see things that way....let alone even know he was being set aginst his friends....like an involuntary pawn. How disgusting these manipulators are", Undyne remarked.

26 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Hearing the report, it's like the life was sucked out of Sally's eyes. That hit a little close to home for her...

"So we may be too late?" asks Nicole, worried. This was just baaaad news. "I really hope not."

"No, no! These seem to be documenting the events that happened years ago,", Kairi reassured, "After which, we came out fine...relatively speaking anyway", she said looking away on the last bit.

• Thumbs Up 3

"There seems to be only one journal entry lying on the table left". Edgeworth said, picking up the last one. 

Riku's Journal - Darkness

"...I lost. I...lost. I.....LOST"

"I was waiting for Sora when he got here, Maleficent knew his next target after Neverland would be Hollow Bastion, our own home. He was going to continue his destructive path all over the place. I had a plan. I had a plan to keep Kairi safe and stop Sora". 

"I forced my rightful place as welder of the Keyblade and took his keyblade from him. I made him experience the same pain he forced me to go through when his pals decided to follow me after I got my hands on the keyblade...and still he wouldn't stop. He just kept following me, determined to save Kairi". 

"Why was he so determined to save someone he left behind!? Why does he want to "save me?" Is it to one-up me? To prove some kind of stupid victory over Maleficent? I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't even know what's right and wrong anymore. Maleficent showed me evidence, she showed my multiple times that Sora was against me and Kairi, and still, I keep having doubts and suspicions in my own mind, in my heart that this is wrong..." 

"But it can't be. It just can't be. He stole the keyblade back from me, he had his stupid friends helping him, and he beat me, and I just wasn't strong enough. I'm NEVER strong enough".

"It feels like every single part of me is at war with myself. My brain tells me what I'm doing is right, Sora has backstabbed me, hurt me, and is trying to hurt Kairi, but my heart just keeps telling me that I'm wrong wrong wrong!". 

"...I have only one option left. A voice in my head. It's telling me to give into the darkness, to let it consume me completely, that my heart is strong enough to do it, and then I can stop Sora once and for all..." 

"...I have to. Kairi, I will save you. No matter what". 

"S-So this Riku...he was being manipulated the whole time..." Sonia asked. shocked.

• Thumbs Up 4

"He just gave in... like that? Into the darkness?" Shuichi asks, hand to his chest. "...I-I suppose he couldn't control it after all, right?"

Alter-Ego turns to Shuichi, concerned. "I... think so. Is that true, Edgeworth?"

• Thumbs Up 3

Voidica was now distraught over this. She turned to the others. "P-p-p-p-please tell me Riku got better!"

Unfortunately, even Lumina wasn't entirely sure of his well-being, moreso now than back then.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ray felt sick to his stomach after Edgeworth read all that. He couldn't begin describe the pain and rage he was feeling but to be duped into despair. Now that, that was low.

"You O.K. Ray?" Flame asked. "You're not going to go ham again?"

"I-I'm fine." he told Flame in a whisper pitch.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"Guys, please calm down. These are old entries. We might still have time to save him". Trunks shouted.

"There's more papers here, but these seem to be...old diary entries..." Edgeworth said, picking up a few more of them.

Riku's Journal - New World.

"...It's been a few hours since it happened. Destiny Islands was swallowed whole by the darkness, and I'm stuck in some world with a giant castle and floating air bubbles. If only Sora had the guts to follow me into the darkness! If only he was strong enough to-" 

"...No, this isn't his fault. I...sprung it all on him too quickly. Some woman named Maleficent found me, told me she would care for me until I knew how to move on my own. I didn't trust her as far as I could throw her, but I don't have much of a choice, I need to figure things out and find Sora and Kairi. They're my best friends. I won't give up til I find them". 

"Riku...why didn't you just tell me...that's what you felt", Sora said, his eyes darting a bit back and forth as he thought back to how Riku had begun to act unlike his usual self when he'd found that Sora was along with Donald and Goofy. It had only gotten worse from that point on.

12 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Edgeworth shook his head. "No, as I said, these are old reports. I believe Sora mentioned events like this at one point or another, so it's likely from that point in time. Regardless, it would be likely Ansem's researching to attempt to take over Riku's body once again". 

He picked up another one of the journals, beginning to read it. 

Riku's Journal - Strength 

"...I found her. I finally found her. Kairi was found in a strange world named Neverland, filled with flying ships, pirates, fairies, and so much more. I tried to wake her up, but...she remained inanimate. That's when Maleficent revealed the truth to me. Sora had held Kairi's heart hostage, and was keeping her in this state. Even now, it wasn't enough for him to replace us, he had to keep Kairi like this forever..."

"...I-I feel strange. I feel these...feelings of self-doubt. It's all so surreal. I've known Sora for so long, this doesn't seem like something he would do, b-but Maleficent showed me the evidence, she granted me my power, m-my strength. B-But I'm sure if I just talk to him and try to sort all of this out, then maybe I can..." 

"No, NO, Why do I keep thinking these weak, pathetic thoughts?! I was replaced, I was abandoned, a-and I've got to be stronger, I've got to have the strength to do what's right! This is right! Sora has to be stopped, I will save Kairi, and I will prove to him that I am stronger".

"I'll prove it to all of them, my heart is strong enough to survive through the darkness..."

"It...has to be". 

"He truly did think.....that he was doing all for me", Kairi said sadly. "It all started with good intentions, but look where they lead".

"Ms. Kairi, if I may. I've heard many sayings in court, but if there's one thing an old acquaintance of mine, heck many of the opponents I've faced in my profession, it's that the road to hell is paved with good intentions", Phoenix said, "But considering how it seems that your friend escaped the fate that ANsem had planned for him initially......I think he put to work, well, good deeds".

"Getting him back from Ansem wasn't easy though", Sora said. "It was such a calculated ploy too. To have Riku be dropped onto Hollow Bastion, for the villains lurking there to twist into their own mold. All based on his determination..... and desperation to set things right."

"Desperation?", Shantae said overhearing...... Could my determination to save Roxas....lead me down the wrong path? Might I take it too far someday?, she thought gloomily to herself.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

"He just gave in... like that? Into the darkness?" Shuichi asks, hand to his chest. "...I-I suppose he couldn't control it after all, right?"

Alter-Ego turns to Shuichi, concerned. "I... think so. Is that true, Edgeworth?"

"Y-Yes, he did. It's time I tell the truth to you all..." Edgeworth said, as he sat the papers down silently. 

latest?cb=20130630173831

"This...is my fault. With Nagito's new found identity issue, I began seeking a way to help. Roxas came to me, and he told me that a Riku could help us. So..." 

"I convinced Sonic of the plan, we contacted L.O.G, and we convinced him to make Kingdom Hearts a challenge so we could track Riku down. He had combated the darkness in his heart before, so I thought he could've helped".

"...It's my fault Roxas has been captured. It's my fault that Riku has been captured....and it's my fault the multiverse could potentially be facing destruction".Edgeworth said, as he slammed his fist onto the table.

• Thumbs Up 4

"Oh, bravo, good sir!" Robinson chirped sarcastically. "Why don't we put THAT on your gold statue?"

Star walked up to Edgeworth and leaned over to him, looking him in the eyes. "Hey now," she said, "you say YOU'RE responsible for all this?! Well, guess what? You can be responsible for putting an end to it, because I'm not gonna let some loser named Aspen destroy the multiverse over this!"

Voidica turned to Edgeworth as well. "Y-Yeah! Don't give in, we can fix this! If-If I could be brought back against all odds, we can still save the day now!"

"Oh, can we?" Robinson asked. A sharp glare from Lumina prompted him to follow up with, "Er, uh, y-yes, of course we can! H-Heck, I can take on Antsy all by myself!"

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

"This...is my fault. With Nagito's new found identity issue, I began seeking a way to help. Roxas came to me, and he told me that a Riku could help us. So..." 

"I convinced Sonic of the plan, we contacted L.O.G, and we convinced him to make Kingdom Hearts a challenge so we could track Riku down. He had combated the darkness in his heart before, so I thought he could've helped".

"...It's my fault Roxas has been captured. It's my fault that Riku has been captured....and it's my fault the multiverse could potentially be facing destruction".Edgeworth said, as he slammed his fist onto the table.

"Well, we can still fix it...right?" Flame nervously tried to sound upbeat. Ray on the other hand was not HAPPY if anything he was pissed off that his headmaster would do this, he didn't say a word, he just kept his head down low, not making eye contact with anyone. Thank the heavens Sarge wasn't here or he'd be losing his shit.

Mia just sighed, oh corporate meddling... was there anything you couldn't screw up.

"Like Flame said, let's just get this mess fixed." Mia wearily told Edgeworth.

• Thumbs Up 4

"I... I see..." Shuichi mutters, unsure what to say. He simply puts his cap further down his eyes.

Kyubey, determination in his eyes jumps up to Edgeworth. "Hey, pal! So you're responsible for this game? So what? We still have a chance to fix this, so let's stop moping and set things straight!"

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Spin Attaxx said:

"Oh, bravo, good sir!" Robinson chirped sarcastically. "Why don't we put THAT on your gold statue?"

"I'm well aware of the situation failing, your sarcastic attitude is not helping the situation at all". Edgeworth said bluntly to Robinson.

"Look, we can't fight amongst ourselves now, let's just keep going and stop those two psychos as quick as possible" Trunks said. "What happened doesn't matter, we have to just focus on fixing the future". He added, as he began walking towards the exit on the second floor.

• Thumbs Up 3

"That's what I'm talkin, Boxers!" Kyubey smiles. "Onwards to victory! Let's not dwell on what we did wrong, but what we're gonna do right!" He cheers, jumping off the table and making his way to the exit.

• Thumbs Up 2

"I don't know about you Flame but I think Edgeworth may have lit a fire in Ray...either that or he'll go silly again." Mia whispered to the dragon.

"Nah, I think it's a fire. I just hope that the principal saves the day or else we're all boned." Flame whispered, groaning internally.

Ray just kept his head down, he was going to help Roxas and Riku for their sake and not for anyone else's whims.

• Thumbs Up 2

As Trunks flung open the doors, suddenly a small portal opened up in front of the Skylanders, along with a small note lying on the ground. "The audience doesn't want to see the main characters farting around trying to get up stairs. Just consider this a gift from your old arch-nemesis. - CF". 

• Thumbs Up 3