Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Spoiler

Really sucks, cuz I would love to see Ian and the team work on fixing Infinite.

Edited by Zaysho
Speed Battle datamine speculation

On 11/11/2021 at 9:24 PM, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

I still think he's available on on the road to becoming available. His addition to the game is a sign that gears are turning at Sega.

Edited by Zaysho

On 11/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, CertifiedNobody said:
Spoiler

I still think he's available on on the road to becoming available. His addition to the game is a sign that gears are turning at Sega.

Spoiler

I wouldn’t doubt it, but the earliest I’d expect him would be years at best. 

Edited by Zaysho

On 11/11/2021 at 9:30 PM, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:
Spoiler

I wouldn’t doubt it, but the earliest I’d expect him would be years at best. 

Spoiler

Assuming Infinite is available now, He'll probably be brought in sometime after the Imposter Syndrome/War Of Empires storyline.

Edited by Zaysho

On 11/11/2021 at 9:24 PM, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, I think that if anyone could give Infinite more depth, it would be Ian or Evan.

Edited by Zaysho
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Boss Bird CC14 said:

Vol. 11: Zeti Hunt! trade out on June 7th. Not up for pre-order yet, but should be soon.

That's cool!  Although, I'm waiting on the Sonic the Hedgehog IDW Collection Volume 2 to come out.  I already got the first collection and now I'm looking forward to the second collection!

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

1) I'm pretty sure Infinite isn't coming to IDW, but whatever. I don't see point discussing, leads are too vague. We can always hope.

2) New characters for Speed Battle is quite a mystery. Flynn said it's not Sally, then who? Starline? Sticks? Bean? Mr Tinker costume for Eggman? I guess it just might mean a crossover with something cool, we'll see.

Although after Baby Sonic and Teen Sonic, I still think they might add Gorgeous Sonic

Edited by Zaysho

22 hours ago, Jack-al said:
Spoiler

It's 100% Lunar Whisper. Ian said he saw a datamine screen, and he knows some people already know. 

Oh... this is slightly underwhelming.

This is exactly why I'm against @knowingmile by Flynn

Edited by Zaysho

21 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Oh... this is slightly underwhelming.

This is exactly why I'm against @knowingmile by Flynn

Yeah, normally #knowingsmile has an implication about spoilers and changes for the series.

Spoiler

This is literally just a Whisper alt.

22 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:
Spoiler

1) I'm pretty sure Infinite isn't coming to IDW, but whatever. I don't see point discussing, leads are too vague. We can always hope.

Spoiler

There's a lot we don't know, but that's never stop us from theorizing before. There's reason to discuss because after four years of not being allowed in mobile games or comics, Infinite is suddenly being added. This is extremely weird and implies that changes are going on at Sega regarding what Infinite can be used for, and looking into it means we might get some answers from the Bumblecast or maybe even the official Sonic streams, since they'll likely discuss the Speed Battles update when it releases.

Edited by Zaysho

18 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Yeah, normally #knowingsmile has an implication about spoilers and changes for the series.

Honestly nope, it's far from the first time that a "knowing smile" was more just of a "nice thing" and that we believed it was far more (and I'm not counting all time it's not Sonic-related, as it's a whole other subject).

That's the issue with this whole idea of "knowing smile", as we don't know what it is, we tend to project on it stuff that we want. In a way, it's on us, but I understand why thus it makes people kinda annoyed by the hashtag when Flynn use it (even if personally, it doesn't bother me).

Edited by Zaysho
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe I've mentioned it before, but "knowing smile" was something Ian used to do on Bumbleking too, but on there it was usually in response to something that essentially meant "there are plans for the thing you're talking about so I can't talk about them yet". On Twitter it's much more vague, Ian essentially saying "there's something I'm really excited about that I can't talk about yet". Which is fine, he's allowed to share his excitement, we just shouldn't read anything into it because it lacks the context that once made it significant. 

• Thumbs Up 8

He's also used knowing smiles for non-Sonic projects and then Sonic fans twist themselves into knots when they find out it's Drogune or another IDW book he got to work on.

• Thumbs Up 4

Even going farther than just the knowing smiles, it's something quite common in the fandom, the idea that every hint of announcement from someone related to Sonic is/should be about Sonic. I kinda remember each time that SEGA is somewhere and will announce something, we also have that xD

• Thumbs Up 1

I think some people jump to conclusion cuz of the wording. Like a knowing="I know what you guys want"  + smile="you guys will like it" kinda way. Which isn't what he means and I'm totally fine with him being super ambiguous but he could perhaps use a different wording.

I already learned my lesson long ago so I try to ignore or stay as far away as possible.

None of this bothers me. I just wait until the actual product comes out before I make any assumptions, even if Ian worded his excitement for certain surprises in the franchise.

18 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:
Spoiler

Yeah, normally #knowingsmile has an implication about spoilers and changes for the series. This is literally just a Whisper alt.

There's a lot we don't know, but that's never stop us from theorizing before. There's reason to discuss because after four years of not being allowed in mobile games or comics, Infinite is suddenly being added. This is extremely weird and implies that changes are going on at Sega regarding what Infinite can be used for, and looking into it means we might get some answers from the Bumblecast or maybe even the official Sonic streams, since they'll likely discuss the Speed Battles update when it releases.

Was he not allowed in mobile games or was it that they just didn't include him until now?

Edited by Zaysho
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Was he not allowed in mobile games or was it that they just didn't include him until now?

I don't know if there's been anything official said, but it's very suspicious that the Deadly Six, Excalibur Sonic, and comic-exclusive characters were added to Sonic Forces: Speed Battles long before him.

7 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I don't know if there's been anything official said, but it's very suspicious that the Deadly Six, Excalibur Sonic, and comic-exclusive characters were added to Sonic Forces: Speed Battles long before him.

Spoiler

Deadly Three

And to be fair, each of those had either relevance or convenience on their side. Infinite being added now likewise has a feeling of finality and timing to it.

Edited by Zaysho

7 hours ago, DabigRG said:
Spoiler

Deadly Three

And to be fair, each of those had either relevance or convenience on their side. Infinite being added now likewise has a feeling of finality and timing to it.

Spoiler

I guess it would make sense for Infinite to be like the final boss that Sonic and friends have to defeat or maybe his return in Sonic Forces is a sense of ending the "Boost" era of the franchise?

7 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Deadly Three

Spoiler

Sure, but we know they weren't planning four years ahead when they originally kept him out.

Edited by Zaysho

7 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:
Spoiler

I guess it would make sense for Infinite to be like the final boss that Sonic and friends have to defeat 

Effectively

7 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Sure, but we know they weren't planning four years ahead when they originally kept him out.

When they originally just didn't use him. Point is sometimes an omission is as simple as not doing it, rather than having to deal with an obstacle or any other particular reason.

Edited by Zaysho