Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Effectively

When they originally just didn't use him. Point is sometimes an omission is as simple as not doing it, rather than having to deal with an obstacle or any other particular reason.

With how much they were hyping him up, it's impossible for me to believe that they simply chose not to use him, especially when it's confirmed he was banned from the comic.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, CertifiedNobody said:
Spoiler

He's essentially been barred from appearing in anything post-Forces since 2017. This could mean that Sega either no longer considers Infinite "new" (They don't want stuff from recent games being plot points in the comics), or that they've changed the rules. Either way, we might see Infinite get used in good stuff now.

This could be big...

IanSpoilz.PNG

If you actually look at the datamine that you're so easily spoiling, you'll see that he's very obviously not reacting to that character.

EDIT: yeah he confirmed that, so there you go. It's super obvious what it is, but again, it's a leak, so he's not saying it outright.

EDIT EDIT: Wow if I actually cared about not being spoiled for the game I'd be super pissed off at this thread right now, all right. Yeah no it's very obviously the thing that was mentioned openly in the last page and that I won't repeat in case someone chances on this page and doesn't want to be spoiled.

Edited by Zaysho
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mauro Fonseca said:

If you actually look at the datamine that you're so easily spoiling by posting Infinite around, you'll see that he's very obviously not reacting to Infinite.

EDIT: yeah he confirmed that, so there you go. It's super obvious what it is, but again, it's a leak, so he's not saying it outright.

EDIT EDIT: Wow if I actually cared about not being spoiled for the game I'd be super pissed off at this thread right now, all right. Yeah no it's very obviously the thing that was mentioned openly in the last page and that I won't repeat in case someone chances on this page and doesn't want to be spoiled.

At the moment, the only info on the datamine I had was the one post on Tails Channel's instragram.

And no offense, but are there actually people who care if they find out early that a character is coming to Speed Battles? It's just a mobile game, and being spoiled doesn't really detract from the game in any meaningful way. If the game had a story, I'd understand wanting to prevent spoilers, but it's just Sonic Dash: Racing.

Edited by Zaysho

I mean, that's for people to decide, isn't it? And while the argument can be made that it's unreasonable to spoil, say, new official additions to the game, we're talking about datamines, here. It's not unreasonable to not want to be spoiled on things that haven't been announced yet, are just represented in data that's being breached through. I imagine if I just started telling you about what's happening in Imposter Syndrome people wouldn't be happy, but are there people that really care, etc etc?

EDIT: Especially in a forum that's got spoiler tags? You could've posted it, just in spoiler tags. Would that have been so hard? I don't particularly care about the game myself, it's just a bit shocking and rude to see it posted so brazenly, especially in contrast with Ian trying hard to not spoil people in that tweet lol

• Thumbs Up 2

In fairness, there's an article on the forum index and a news thread that says it outright lol. I didn't really see it as an issue at the time since no one seems to really care about the mobile games--which have no story compared to, say, an ongoing serial comic book but whatever. It is a fair enough point that a datamine of off-topic material should be subject to spoiler tags. I'll go back and edit the posts related to it. Going to suggest that discussion on the subject move to the respective topic. I'm not editing that topic, though.

If there are future issues about this, report the post and ask moderators to fix it instead of picking fights over it.

Thread's temp-locked so I can edit without interruptions.

EDIT: Done. Thread re-opened. Clarifying that all posts related to the Speed Battle datamine (though I forgot to append a note to some of them) have been edited or directly spoiler tagged. This is only being done in this thread because it's technically off-topic discussion of a datamine that got out of hand with speculation about the comic. This is not being done in the thread linked above.

Now let the comic thread move on altogether. If it's really necessary to talk about the Speed Battle datamine again in this thread before an official announcement (and it really isn't at this point), please spoiler tag your own posts in the future or contact a moderator to fix it if there's an issue.

And remember "knowing smiles" don't always mean what you think. And that's okay. Let Ian be hyped.

• Thumbs Up 5

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

So with Belle due to take a backseat and Starline's trio officially being in the book, where do you think things will go following Imposter Syndrome and what would you like to see?

• Thumbs Up 1

I expect Belle to still be central to Imposter Syndrome since artificial life seems to be a big core idea. 

• Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I expect Belle to still be central to Imposter Syndrome since artificial life seems to be a big core idea. 

True. But after that, she's set to bow out for a bit according to Stanley

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

So with Belle due to take a backseat and Starline's trio officially being in the book, where do you think things will go following Imposter Syndrome and what would you like to see?

We already discussed Infinite being a possibility. I'd love to see Ian utilize him, since he has so much potential as a villain in the comic.

Post-Imposter Syndrome will be the War of Empires & issue 50. Maybe they'll try and make it a big event like they did in Archie. After that,, Ian confirmed that there's a Knuckles arc coming at some point, and that's really all I want.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

True. But after that, she's set to bow out for a bit according to Stanley

In general, I'd to see less focus on IDW-original heroes and better utilization of the existing game cast. Though, that doesn't apply to the villains since they have the opposite problem, too many heroes, not enough reoccurring villains.

Ian expressed interest in using the SA1 Silver Sonic, Chaos Gamma  and Metal/Mecha Knuckles, and I'd love to see them return for a few issues.

Well, Surge and Kit have to fight someone.

My first though was Knuckles and/or Blaze. But judging by the 'replace heroes' angle I suspect they will fight Eggman. Hopefully not smashing boring badniks yet again.

Or you know, Sonic and Tails. That's no brainer.

• Thumbs Up 3

Surge and Kit are clearly meant to be rivals for Sonic and Tails. I don't really expect anyone else to play a huge part. It's already looking like a pretty crowded story. 

Well beyond this arc focusing on Amy, Tangle, and Jewel; I'm anticipating Imposter Syndrome and the climax of Issue 50 to primarily focus on Sonic/Tails against Surge/Kit, with Eggman and Starline looming in the background and Belle is kind of at the center of it all. So anyone beyond them I'm mostly just expecting them to play supporting roles. 

After that however is anyone's guess, and it depends entirely on the fall out of Starline's plan. Obviously he isn't going to succeed in taking over, but I'm curious on where this arc will end with him either fucking off to plan another day or being imprisoned and Surge and Kit are on their own. 

I'm still not exactly seeing what Starline's strategy is in correlation to his endgoal, which seems to be counterintuitive BTW. It's like one of those plans where the steps go 

Step 1 Establish a base

Step 2 Create at least two enforcers

Step 3 Replace Eggman vs Sonic&Tails status quo with myself vs said enforcers

Step 4 ???

Step 5 Profit

Like, is he planning on fighting them to an eventual stalemate, where they "reform" him and they work together to change the world with  totally not the Eggman Empire?  Isn't that encouraging them to potentially consider fighting him for real and then betraying him? How does he even plan on fighting them when he doesn't have any more than 1% of the resources to do so?

6 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Post-Imposter Syndrome will be the War of Empires & issue 50. Maybe they'll try and make it a big event like they did in Archie. After that,, Ian confirmed that there's a Knuckles arc coming at some point, and that's really all I want.

Knock knock, baby. 

Though you gotta wonder if the movie might have something to do with that

In general, I'd to see less focus on IDW-original heroes and better utilization of the existing game cast. Though, that doesn't apply to the villains since they have the opposite problem, too many heroes, not enough reoccurring villains.

Same as the games, then?

Ian expressed interest in using the SA1 Silver Sonic, Chaos Gamma  and Metal/Mecha Knuckles, and I'd love to see them return for a few issues.

Really now? Man, I need to keep catching up.

4 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Well beyond this arc focusing on Amy, Tangle, and Jewel; I'm anticipating Imposter Syndrome and the climax of Issue 50 to primarily focus on Sonic/Tails against Surge/Kit, with Eggman and Starline looming in the background and Belle is kind of at the center of it all. So anyone beyond them I'm mostly just expecting them to play supporting roles. 

What exactly would be Belle's role in all this?

She can have interesting reactions and even interactions to the Glitches, I can buy that. But what beyond that?

Especially when their connection was just something they worked in as a convenience rather than a core?

4 hours ago, Kuzu said:

After that however is anyone's guess, and it depends entirely on the fall out of Starline's plan. Obviously he isn't going to succeed in taking over, but I'm curious on where this arc will end with him either fucking off to plan another day or being imprisoned and Surge and Kit are on their own. 

Spoiler

I imagine Surge and Kit'll be exposed as villains, then he'll have to retreat to plan their next move with two ignorant mouths to endure.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, Belle is kind of the main thorough line here; she's Eggman's creation which makes her valuable to Starline, who researched her design to finish Surge and Kit. 

As for what role she is going to play in all of this, your guess is as good as mine, I'm just pointing out the thematic connection she has to all of this. 

• Thumbs Up 3

So Starline's plan is to replace Sonic&Tails vs Eggman --> Surge&Kit vs Starline, right.

I'm curious what Surge & Kit's (current) alignment/relationship with Starline is. Do they know Starline's plan and is obeying him, or are they oblivious and easily manipulable enough so Starline can control the situation without making it feel unnatural?

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

So Starline's plan is to replace Sonic&Tails vs Eggman --> Surge&Kit vs Starline, right.

I thought the plan was to get people to endorse Starline by turning Surge and Kit into celebrities.

19 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I thought the plan was to get people to endorse Starline by turning Surge and Kit into celebrities.

Was it? Based on his quote: "By controlling the 'hero-versus-villain' dynamic, I will be able to shape the world and its people with the very theatrics  they've become so accustomed to."  I assumed he wanted to remove the main three (Eggman, Sonic and Tails) but still play by "the Sonic Cycle" to avoid potential resistance. Meaning it's Starline vs Surge&Kit, but he is in full control. The plan is called "Operation: Remaster" after all. Kind of like how the cover for Imposter Syndrome #2 looks like the IDW exclusives replaced the game cast.

59 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

More info and Surge and Kit 

I am amused at how violent they are.

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

More info and Surge and Kit 

Kit Tsunami? ...Oooh!

Also, wow, if you thought the final design was a bit much at first.

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

Kind of surprised how early they were planned./ 

I mean, we knew they would've shown up near the end of Year 1, but yeah, he apparently planned them from before the beginning! Makes me wonder when Rough and Tumble were initially conceived.

56 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

That's what makes the phrasing weird 

• Thumbs Up 1