Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

16 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Right.

We also seen Thanos before "Infinity War". In 3 different movies. Wasn't that enough to get a clear opinion on him?

We've seen enough of their design and background information to gleam enough of their personality.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here’s the other 2 preview pages of IP #1

Oh ok, their personality is just Sonic and Tails. My impression of other materials suggested otherwise. Hopefully they have more to show or, more likely, get some character development.

Also "Kitsunami" is a bit cringe imo so I am going to ignore canon and assume "Kit the Fennec" is his real name (is this first time Sonic used an Asian name?)

11 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Oh ok, their personality is just Sonic and Tails. My impression of other materials suggested otherwise. Hopefully they have more to show or, more likely, get some character development.

Also "Kitsunami" is a bit cringe imo so I am going to ignore canon and assume "Kit the Fennec" is his real name (is this first time Sonic used an Asian name?)

Dodon Pa. 

46 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I think the idea is that their personality and dynamics is more "Sonic & Tails, but twisted". They have some elements of them, but in a version that isn't good for them and/or for others. Surge seems to be pretty dismissive to Kit for the moment, and I'm pretty sure that she basically have completed the challenge without him. Like many character like that, they certainly serve to characterize a lot Sonic and Tails.

TBH I feel that it is pretty in line with what we have been shown ?

• Thumbs Up 4

They feel like they're designed to be corrupted versions of Sonic & Tails; all of their strengths, but with none of their virtues and I think that's gonna be the main hook of their conflicts with each other. All that fits in line with what we've seen so far.

Speaking of which, breaking down the schedule, the milestone issue won't be out until at least June of next year and that's assuming there are no delays, which there undoubtedly will be. So schedule should be as follows based on what we know...

• Impostor Syndrome #1 - Tomorrow
  • Trial by Fire Part 3 - December
  • Impostor Syndrome #2 - January 2022
  • Issue #48 - February 2022
  • Impostor Syndrome #3 - March 2022
  • Issue #49 - April 2022
  • Impostor Syndrome Part 4 - May 2022
  • Issue #50 (Milestone) - June 2022.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

I think the idea is that their personality and dynamics is more "Sonic & Tails, but twisted". They have some elements of them, but in a version that isn't good for them and/or for others. Surge seems to be pretty dismissive to Kit for the moment, and I'm pretty sure that she basically have completed the challenge without him. Like many character like that, they certainly serve to characterize a lot Sonic and Tails.

TBH I feel that it is pretty in line with what we have been shown ?

Imo the cover & concepts showed Surge as more feral/brash and Kit as more gloomy/creepy, so I was surprised how normal/tame/similar to Sonic & Tails they were.

So Surge is Sonic fused with a Lightning Shield and Kit is Tails fused with Chaos.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

Speaking of which, breaking down the schedule, the milestone issue won't be out until at least June of next year and that's assuming there are no delays, which there undoubtedly will be. So schedule should be as follows based on what we know...

• Impostor Syndrome #1 - Tomorrow
  • Trial by Fire Part 3 - December
  • Impostor Syndrome #2 - January 2022
  • Issue #48 - February 2022
  • Impostor Syndrome #3 - March 2022
  • Issue #49 - April 2022
  • Impostor Syndrome Part 4 - May 2022
  • Issue #50 (Milestone) - June 2022.

IDW, whyyyyy???

10 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here’s the other 2 preview pages of IP #1

Woah, art style shift?!

Looks like Kit takes after Archie Ray as well.

Lol at Starline

6 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Kit Tsunami sounds like a beach themed metal band. That or something you might want second guess at a hibachi restaurant.

5 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Imo the cover & concepts showed Surge as more feral/brash and Kit as more gloomy/creepy, so I was surprised how normal/tame/similar to Sonic & Tails they were.

Yeah, got that vibe for Kit as well, but I guess that's at least not entirely the case.

Huh. Another parallel with the Skunk Bros.

3 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

So Surge is Sonic fused with a Lightning Shield and Kit is Tails fused with Chaos.

You know what, I never thought about her in that context.

9 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Pretty much, although of course we also have the movie sequel tie-in comic. The current US release date of the movie is early April, so I mean I would assume they'd try and get the tie-in comic's first issue out by then, I would assume at least. Do we know if the 50th issue is meant to be any bigger than a usual comic? Just wondering if they'd try and  do a double sized issue or something considering how much they are hyping it up, and it apparently meant to be a big finale to Trial by Fire, Imposter Syndrome, and the story arc of issues #48 and #49.

I mean, it has been said so many times, but I really do wish they'd just make a second monthly book like Sonic Universe. I mean, Archie ran Sonic X, which then got replaced by Universe, concurrent with the main book for over 11 years. I guess we can hope such a thing materialises before we hit issue #100, but would be nice to get a bit more regular content.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Silvereyes said:

Pretty much, although of course we also have the movie sequel tie-in comic. The current US release date of the movie is early April, so I mean I would assume they'd try and get the tie-in comic's first issue out by then, I would assume at least. Do we know if the 50th issue is meant to be any bigger than a usual comic? Just wondering if they'd try and  do a double sized issue or something considering how much they are hyping it up, and it apparently meant to be a big finale to Trial by Fire, Imposter Syndrome, and the story arc of issues #48 and #49.

I mean, it has been said so many times, but I really do wish they'd just make a second monthly book like Sonic Universe. I mean, Archie ran Sonic X, which then got replaced by Universe, concurrent with the main book for over 11 years. I guess we can hope such a thing materialises before we hit issue #100, but would be nice to get a bit more regular content.

In a few years I could see them doing a spinoff book, but IDW Sonic is still pretty young, and I can understand the hesitation.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CertifiedNobody said:

In a few years I could see them doing a spinoff book, but IDW Sonic is still pretty young, and I can understand the hesitation.

I'm pretty ignorant of the comic world, but honestly, isn't reaching 4 years and 50 issues, plus successful mini-series and annuals enough success already? Not to mention, like I say, the fact Archie managed to sustain it for so long. I'm just saying my opinion really, I've got no basis in fact, but I'm not sure what more they would need to do to prove that a second monthly book is feasible.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

I'm pretty ignorant of the comic world, but honestly, isn't reaching 4 years and 50 issues, plus successful mini-series and annuals enough success already? Not to mention, like I say, the fact Archie managed to sustain it for so long. I'm just saying my opinion really, I've got no basis in fact, but I'm not sure what more they would need to do to prove that a second monthly book is feasible.

I agree that this comic book series is still new, so they probably wouldn't do a second monthly series like say "Sonic Universe" and "Sonic X" for Archie Sonic.  However, if they eventually do a second series for Sonic, I imagine it would center around Classic Sonic and his friends.

I enjoyed the first issue of imposter syndrome with Starline struggling to reign his new enforcers in

plus nicely done existationalism I don’t know how to spell with surge not knowing why she hates sonic so much despite never meeting him and kit not knowing why he wants to help surge

5 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree that this comic book series is still new, so they probably wouldn't do a second monthly series like say "Sonic Universe" and "Sonic X" for Archie Sonic.  However, if they eventually do a second series for Sonic, I imagine it would center around Classic Sonic and his friends.

I wonder if Sega would be against the idea. It's one thing having Classic Sonic specials, but having two different comics about Sonic The Hedgehog running at the same time might create confusion for the series. Given that the miniseries usually outsell the main comic, they might just do another Sonic universe and end the miniseries. They did a Sonic Universe-esque comic called Transformers Galaxies not too long ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Impostor Syndrome has started and with it, Surge and Kit's formal introduction...

Spoiler

The title kind of makes a bit more sense now, they're basically Sonic & Tails but without a real identity of their own since Starline manufactured them to serve a purpose as opposed to being individuals with their own motivations. Starline using his mind control to keep them in check also adds a layer of instability as even Surge and Kit don't really understand why they have to beat Sonic & Tails, plus it makes Starline look like more a bastard for manipulating them like this. So really, its a matter of when Starline's control over them breaks. 

That said, given they're blatantly being treated as Pawns, I don't see them remaining evil sadly.

21 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

So Impostor Syndrome has started and with it, Surge and Kit's formal introduction...

Hide contents

The title kind of makes a bit more sense now, they're basically Sonic & Tails but without a real identity of their own since Starline manufactured them to serve a purpose as opposed to being individuals with their own motivations. Starline using his mind control to keep them in check also adds a layer of instability as even Surge and Kit don't really understand why they have to beat Sonic & Tails, plus it makes Starline look like more a bastard for manipulating them like this. So really, its a matter of when Starline's control over them breaks. 

That said, given they're blatantly being treated as Pawns, I don't see them remaining evil sadly.

Spoiler

When starline woke them up for his final test, I thought he was gonna make up a reason for them to hate sonic like, "Sonic attacked! Go destroy him!"  but he didn't lol. They could still turn out to be anti-villains.

36 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

I don't see them remaining evil sadly.

I really hope that's not the case. I'm all for redemption arcs, but we really need a bigger rogue's gallery for Sonic. Maybe things will change during the miniseries though.

• Thumbs Up 2

They were specifically created because the crew wanted more evil characters. They may break away from starline but it's safe to say Surge will always hate Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Imposter Syndrome #1 is pretty good read.

First of al, I wonder if Surge and Kit were meant to be robots, but Starline decided to change that after talking with Zavok. Because a lot from that conversation comes up here. Our imposters have passion and ingenuity but lack in efficiency and obedience.

Surge so far is less psychotic than I assumed. She's kinda like Scourge, but closer to Sonic. More hyperactive, impatient, big ego.
Meanwhile Kit (yeah, I kinda dislike his full. Fun pun, doesn't roll the tongue. Then again, it's similar to "Miles Prower" in a way I guess?) is waaay different. I thought he's gonna be cold emotionless type or maybe a bit of sad emo. Instead he's kinda shy and nervous. I know, to reflect Tails, but... why would Starline want a those traits in his enforcer? He looks like he would panic if Omega goes after him. Or even angry Amy. (Also, I'm a little confused how his powers work. Does he even has powers or it's just the backpack?)

Starline himself.

Spoiler

Despite all his calculations and carefulness, keeps being dumber than he thinks. He's already loosing grip on his Imposters, but he goes with the plan anyway.

After his failure with Bad Guys he should learn most important lesson and make his team blindly loyal to him. Metal Sonic isn't very smart, but he's loyal and passionate about serving Eggman. Maybe the problem is that Eggman actually cares for his robots, in his own twisted way? I guess Starline didn't considered putting "love" in their code. Kit clearly cares more for Surge than for their boss.

I will say that being Starline's puppets adds necessary depth to Kit and Surge. I'm not madly in love yet, but so far I like them. My long-term guess is that Imposters will break free, but remain villains. In the end they are programed to hate Sonic.

I don't have any strong criticism, just concerns.Cliff hanger for next issue sounds really boring. I really hope that.

Spoiler

Eggman already figure out Starline and this is a trap. Preferably Metal Sonic and other big name robots are waiting. I'll take a fight with Sonic and Tails, but it's probably too early for that.