Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

I own a PS4.

It will sell most on the switch unless there are some big surprises for the Switch since the big title lineup for this year on it so far is pretty poor.

Whereas unless there are some major delays. The Xbox One and PS4 will almost certainly have a very packed Christmas season. 

.... But if there's a sudden fire deal on PC then... yeah all bets are off...

Yeah it really depends on what's coming out during the holidays. 

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

Yeah it really depends on what's coming out during the holidays. 

Have absolutely no idea when these are due. Just know they have a year og 2017 currently targetted.

Red Dead Redemption 2.

New call of duty.

New Fifa.

New FPS from EA.

Maybe FF7 episode 1.

Knack 2.

Marvel vs Capcom. 

Spiderman.

To name a few.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I own a PS4.

It will sell most on the switch unless there are some big surprises for the Switch since the big title lineup for this year on it so far is pretty poor.

Whereas unless there are some major delays. The Xbox One and PS4 will almost certainly have a very packed Christmas season. 

The PS store does also have the occasional flash sale, but your prediction makes sense. If the switch continues to fly off the shelves as it has, it'll have an install base large enough to comfortably rule Forces sales. PS4 second due to the sheer volume of units in the wild.

Just now, Scar said:

The PS store does also have the occasional flash sale, but your prediction makes sense. If the switch continues to fly off the shelves as it has, it'll have an install base large enough to comfortably rule Forces sales. PS4 second due to the sheer volume of units in the wild.

They will never drop a newly released third party title by anything to compete with a retail copy until a few months later.

Well, since we're on the topic of consoles... For all the people planing to buy Forces, what console are you buying it for? I'm gonna get for Switch for the portability.

13 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

They will never drop a newly released third party title by anything to compete with a retail copy until a few months later.

Well, keep in mind SEGA's current obsession with the digital market, you never know.

Could get something up to 50% off at most to get folks to buy the game. SEGA is in that kind of position with the franchise at the moment. If it means more copies out there being played, a digital sale no matter how soon post-release is definitely possible.

So did anybody ever figure out the clue that Aaron gave us yesterday?

C_bWt87VYAAIcap.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So did anybody ever figure out the clue that Aaron gave us yesterday?

C_bWt87VYAAIcap.jpg

What do you think it is a clue of? Something soon before E3 happening, maybe?

P sure slapping the sequence into a Youtube URL leads to a Monstercat video with another sequence of numbers in the description. Don't recall the specifics. 

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

I own a PS4.

Well if it comes out when we expect, it could be out just in time for a Steam Sale~

Anyway, for me? I'll probably get it twice. One for either my future PS4 or future Switch and the other for PC. Because mods.

Xbox One for me, since that's where the bulk of my games are.

However, there's every possibility I'd get it for the Switch further down the line as well.

1 hour ago, blazefan519 said:

Well, since we're on the topic of consoles... For all the people planing to buy Forces, what console are you buying it for? I'm gonna get for Switch for the portability.

If I buy it, then PC for me. Mods make everything better... I look forward to replacing modern Sonic with Blaze. Unless Forces has a OC Maker that'll allow me to make Blaze & anybody else.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Have absolutely no idea when these are due. Just know they have a year og 2017 currently targetted.

Red Dead Redemption 2.

New call of duty.

New FPS from EA.

Maybe FF7 episode 1.

Knack 2.

Marvel vs Capcom. 

Spiderman.

To name a few.

2017 is and will be so fire, that good games are being buried under good game. 

This was a hell of a time for this game to think it could release

Then again, sonic adventure one game out in 98

That was a hell of a year

14 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

2017 is and will be so fire, that good games are being buried under good game. 

This was a hell of a time for this game to think it could release

Then again, sonic adventure one game out in 98

That was a hell of a year

There's a lot of game coming out this year but Sonic Forces is going to do just fine. The advantage of Sonic games is that they can be played in short bursts. This is useful as it allows gamers to buy Sonic Forces alongside a RPG or open-world game, alternating between that game and Sonic Forces on whim.

I still find myself pondering the inclusion of Classic Sonic in Forces. While Izuka has said "it's not Generations 2", clearly it must be related in some aspect. Did he mean its not Generations 2 in the respect its mostly new content and that not all stages are revisiting all old levels like Generations?

If Classic Sonic is there it must continue on from Generations story wise if they even care about that, they did it with Colours kind of, was the messing with time/space in Generations causing issues in the past perhaps? Or is he purely there as a selling point because Generations was so successful? Considering Izuka said it was a one off inclusion and now it's...not.

Was he added when they green lit Mania as a way of cross promotion? Seems unlikely when his level seems just as far along development wise as the modern one tho I'm no expert on development cycles etc.

Until we get a glimpse of the story etc it just seems like such an odd choice.

9 minutes ago, Tenko said:

I still find myself pondering the inclusion of Classic Sonic in Forces. While Izuka has said "it's not Generations 2", clearly it must be related in some aspect. Did he mean its not Generations 2 in the respect its mostly new content and that not all stages are revisiting all old levels like Generations?

If Classic Sonic is there it must continue on from Generations story wise if they even care about that, they did it with Colours kind of, was the messing with time/space in Generations causing issues in the past perhaps? Or is he purely there as a selling point because Generations was so successful? Considering Izuka said it was a one off inclusion and now it's...not.

Was he added when they green lit Mania as a way of cross promotion? Seems unlikely when his level seems just as far along development wise as the modern one tho I'm no expert on development cycles etc.

Until we get a glimpse of the story etc it just seems like such an odd choice.

I think it was a matter of...

"W-Wait a moment, they DON'T want a Generations 2? Uhhhh..."

And then there you go. Kind of a saving face moment.

12 minutes ago, Kintor said:

There's a lot of game coming out this year but Sonic Forces is going to do just fine. The advantage of Sonic games is that they can be played in short bursts. This is useful as it allows gamers to buy Sonic Forces alongside a RPG or open-world game, alternating between that game and Sonic Forces on whim.

We will see

its a different time, one where another sonic game is coming out this year. 

We will see. 

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

We will see

its a different time, one where another sonic game is coming out this year. 

We will see. 

This is hardly the first time that multiple Sonic games have been released in the same year. So long as both Sonic games aren't being released on the same day I don't think there will be any problem. If anything I expect most Sonic fans will buy both Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania in the end. Multiple copies of each even as time goes on, the Sonic fanbase needs little prompting to rebuy the same Sonic game on another platform.

Speaking of which, Sega could almost get away with a HD remaster of Sonic Generations on PS4 and Xbox One. It wouldn't seem out of place with all the other HD remasters lately.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nepenthe said:

If Sonic 06 is Sonic Adventure 3, then this shit is Generations 2. Damn an Iizuka.

Sonic Mania is Sonic 4. Damn a Dimps. 

• Thumbs Up 6

6 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Nope, sorry. It's definitely Sonic 5. Y'all taking that one to the grave.

tenor.gif

But if Sonic 4 is clearly Rush HD, what else if not Mania could be Sonic 4 as you truly imagined it?

• Thumbs Up 4