Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

4 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Nope, sorry. It's definitely Sonic 5. Y'all taking that one to the grave.

Nah, go crazy with the Final Fantasy style naming conventions.

Sonic Mania - Sonic CD & Knuckles II

Sonic Forces - Sonic Unleashed IV: Forces

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

Well actually Sonic Advanced 1 is the real Sonic 4 sooooo

You're thinking of Sonic Pocket Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Hey. Hey, listen. Hey hey. Listen. Alright. Hey. What kinda bosses do you think we'll get? Or what kind of bosses would you like to see?

If Green Hill Zone is now a desert, I was thinking that near the end Classic Sonic has to fight a giant Sandworm Badnik.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:

If Green Hill Zone is now a desert, I was thinking that near the end Classic Sonic has to fight a giant Sandworm Badnik.

Ehhh...

That would be too expected, thus very dull for me.

But instead of this...

s4e2sandworm.jpg

it's actually more like the train from Sunset Park Zone or Rail Canyon...

latest?cb=20130808154958

and in order to take it out, you have to run across each of the cars or its body segments and take it apart like the Ghost Whale from Blizzard Peaks?

latest?cb=20101017230206

• Thumbs Up 8

Man how often has Modern Sonic done anything as cool as CD's opening/ending animations, though.

It's Sonic Team that's dull as dirt and that transfers to everything they touch.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Man how often has Modern Sonic done anything as cool as CD's opening/ending animations, though.

It's Sonic Team that's dull as dirt and that transfers to everything they touch.

The Sonic Unleashed opening...eh?

Just now, StaticMania said:

The Sonic Unleashed opening...eh?

Eh. One of the better Modern Sonic action scenes, but the stunts and style don't nearly compare, and turning Super actually makes for a weak ending IMO since it just reduces his actions to "fly into things".

• Thumbs Up 5

33 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I would forgive Green Hill's umpteenth appearance if they have this guy destroy it before our eyes and we have to defeat him as tiny wee Classic Sonic

HID0Z5z.png

Shame they're too worried about making him look cute instead of cool.

Don't talk about division marketing...

Don't talk about division marketing...

5GJld.gif

...Soooooo...

...Cool Classic is good, Cute Classic is corny...

...I'd step out and feel the sunshine if only it wasn't dark here at the moment.

I wonder what the boss for that Modern Sonic stage will be?

I still like my idea of a colossal dragon type machine showing up and bombarding the town requiring the Tornado to take it down. At least it would make other characters like Tails somewhat more active than Navi on the phone.

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Eh. One of the better Modern Sonic action scenes, but the stunts and style don't nearly compare, and turning Super actually makes for a weak ending IMO since it just reduces his actions to "fly into things".

There's not really other modern scenes to compare it to. Like actually action, they don't last long and don't have him really doing much other than homing attacking.

9 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I'm talking about Classic Sonic.

Also what Diogenes said.

Unless cut scenes get more action packed, I don't see Classic doing anything cool.

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

There's not really other modern scenes to compare it to. Like actually action, they don't last long and don't have him really doing much other than homing attacking.

Well, that really just supports my original point, that Modern Sonic don't do shit worth shit.

Really though what we need is Sonic (any Sonic) actually being able to do cool things in gameplay, so comparing cutscenes doesn't really get to the heart of the matter.

I don't know if anyone have seen or played Dc Universe Online, but if the Sonic Team can make a action scene like the opening scene of DC Universe Online, that would be amaze-balls. Just all the heroes fighting in one big open area, that doesn't sound too far fetch due the overall arching theme of the game. However it is Sonic, so I don't expect anything in that scale, although Sonic Unleashed did get close somewhat. 

59 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

just saying

• Thumbs Up 5

Already said my piece on Unleashed's opening, as for '06's, literally the only thing Sonic does that's any good is tipping that one robot over with his foot. In the entire game, I mean. '06 Sonic worst Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Already said my piece on Unleashed's opening, as for '06's, literally the only thing Sonic does that's any good is tipping that one robot over with his foot. In the entire game, I mean. '06 Sonic worst Sonic.

Sonics ending in 06 as also good. If you have hate for the game noting will change that but 06 cgi openings and ending movies were some of the best

• Thumbs Up 1

Generically pretty is about the best I could say about any of '06's CG, but it's still boring and soulless, and as far as doing cool things goes, there's really nothing there of note.

• Thumbs Up 1

If we're just throwing random cool cutscenes out there, this one, while short, is still one of my top favorites.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Classic Sonic as of Generations looks cute, and does not do cool stuff; likely to force a contrast between his old design and the more 'radical' Modern one.

He did give Metal the boot after the rival showdown in Generations which was pretty cool to see that first time. I agree tho, since CD, which has the best showcase of his attitude and moves in an animated form, he has been turned into the more "cute" Sonic. Hopefully Mania fixes this as even that small snippet of a potential animated cut scene seems to give him back some attitude.

• Thumbs Up 7