Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Just now, blazefan519 said:

Hold up, was the tweet saying that Not Green Hill would be the dialouge or that the dialouge taking place after would be them saying it's not Green Hill. I need to check back again to make sure real quick.

From what I understood, the first tweet says "It's not Green Hill", then the second says "It's a dialog"

So really you can interpret it either way, I see it as more plausible that the dialog is the sentence from the first tweet, because what would it even mean for the zone to be a dialog?

Can someone else clarify this? If anybody understood what the tweets were supposed to mean lol.

5 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

Hold up, was the tweet saying that Not Green Hill would be the dialouge or that the dialouge taking place after would be them saying it's not Green Hill. I need to check back again to make sure real quick.

The first tweet reads "It's not Green Hill..." (note that with the unreliability of auto-translations, it might turn out to not be the exact wording, but I digress).

And the second tweet just says that that's a line in the game--not sure how else to interpret "it's dialog".

Seems pretty straightforward to me?

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Auroxen said:

From what I understood, the first tweet says "It's not Green Hill", then the second says "It's a dialog"

So really you can interpret it either way, I see it as more plausible that the dialog is the sentence from the first tweet, because what would it even mean for the zone to be a dialog?

Can someone else clarify this? If anybody understood what the tweets were supposed to mean lol.

I looked at the tweet again and it says that it not being Green Hill is what a character says, which then leads into the tweet saying that Not Green Hill must be part of a-- Then it cuts off. Then we learned that it is a dialog, which made me think that Not Green Hill (the stage is a dialog). I could easily be wrong tho

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

The first tweet reads "It's not Green Hill..." (note that with the unreliability of auto-translations, it might turn out to not be the exact wording, but I digress).

And the second tweet just says that that's a line in the game--not sure how else to interpret "it's dialog".

Seems pretty straightforward to me?

Oh OK. It was just me being dumb then.

Heck when will E3 come, I really want to have a better idea of what this game even is.

Seriously, what is this game?

There is Modern Sonic, there is Classic Sonic.
Ok then, it's Sonic Generations 2 more or less.
But then there is a strange third character that looks bland.
And there is the possibility of a character creator being in the game.
And the first stage shown looks one way and the other looks like the opposite, I like the idea of fusing artstyles but I'm worried they don't know how to do it, I want to be hopeful but it's turning out to be hard.
We know that Eggman conquered the world, but then Green Hill is pretty much ok, just with sand.
But that's not Green Hill? Or is it?

See what I mean? What is this.
I want to be hopeful damn, but I really fear we are looking at the birth of another really divisive, if not outright panned, game.

Never before did E3 seem like the promised day to me as much as today.
I can't wait for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well you have only seen it from behind in shadow so....

• Thumbs Up 5

Heck when will E3 come, I really want to have a better idea of what this game even is.

Seriously, what is this game?

There is Modern Sonic, there is Classic Sonic.
Ok then, it's Sonic Generations 2 more or less.
And there is the possibility of a character creator being in the game.
And the first stage shown looks one way and the other looks like the opposite, I like the idea of fusing artstyles but I'm worried they don't know how to do it, I want to be hopeful but it's turning out to be hard.
We know that Eggman conquered the world, but then Green Hill is pretty much ok, just with sand.
But that's not Green Hill? Or is it?

See what I mean? What is this.
I want to be hopeful damn, but I really fear we are looking at the birth of another really divisive, if not outright panned, game.

Never before did E3 seem like the promised day to me as much as today.
I can't wait for it.

I know right, it's painful for me. As one of the very little amount of people that still has hope in this game, E3 is either where I get immensely hyped or look my head down in shame. I want to know as much as possible about this game but it kinda feels like we've gotten nearly nothing ever since the teaser trailer back in 2016.

E3 is June 13th. and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

Just now, Mayor D said:

Well you have only seen it from behind in shadow so....

But pretty much all the Sonic character would have some features standing out in silhouette form, even from behind.

To be honest I'd be glad to be proven wrong though, I really don't like the character creation theory and every thing that can help disprove it will be good for me.

Just now, blazefan519 said:

I know right, it's painful for me. As one of the very little amount of people that still has hope in this game, E3 is either where I get immensely hyped or look my head down in shame. I want to know as much as possible about this game but it kinda feels like we've gotten nearly nothing ever since the teaser trailer back in 2016.

E3 is June 13th. and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

Yeah, it's really a make or break situation.
I can't wait for the revelation and the subsequent 600 pages added to this thread in one night.
I hope not 600 pages of hate.

Could it mean that the level is part of a brief playable cutscene? For example, a wordless explanation from Classic Sonic as to how he got there? (I don't know about the sand though). It could explain the linearity and lower then normal detailing, if it was only supposed to show up briefly. Maybe not, it's just the quote seems to refer to the stage it's self as the 'dialogue', although context through auto-translate is never a good way to tell.

Can we please ask someone fluent in japanese to clear this? It could very well be a slang bad translated by Google... We have members here who are fluent. Please I summon thy!

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe he's saying that there'll be a line in the game that references that the stage looks a lot like Green Hill?

1 minute ago, Kellan said:

Maybe he's saying that there'll be a line in the game that references that the stage looks a lot like Green Hill?

If a character were to say that, I'd want another character to go," GEE, I WONDER HOW YOU COULD HAVE POSSIBLY COME TO THAT CONCLUSION. WOW! GENIUS"

1 minute ago, blazefan519 said:

If a character were to say that, I'd want another character to go," GEE, I WONDER HOW YOU COULD HAVE POSSIBLY COME TO THAT CONCLUSION. WOW! GENIUS"

No, I meant in the sense that it'd be relevant to the plot. Like, it's not Green Hill, but it looks a lot like it, so that adds some mystery. Or something. Basically, just anything that could possibly justify this level being in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kellan said:

No, I meant in the sense that it'd be relevant to the plot. Like, it's not Green Hill, but it looks a lot like it, so that adds some mystery. Or something. Basically, just anything that could possibly justify this level being in the game.

Oh, I see then. Though,it'd be pretty hard to give me a good enough reason for Green Hill to be in this game when it really shouldn't, tho

8 minutes ago, Kellan said:

Maybe is some kind of virtual reality... And turns into the real place afterwards....

I really don't know

13 minutes ago, Kellan said:

Depending on how that line is interpreted "it's not Green Hill" could really mean "It's not Green Hill anymore", that Eggman has twisted the land so much that very little of the original Green Hill remains. Assuming of course that the characters have actually made the connection between Eggman and the disastrous changes in environment yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Yeah but characters, especially cartoon characters, should have strong, recognizable silhouettes.

Certainly. However, it's a distinct possibility that they deliberately set up that shot to keep the character's most defining features hidden. Y'know, tease us, but don't give everything away before the big reveal. I'd probably do the same in their shoes.

2 minutes ago, Bowbowis said:

Certainly. However, it's a distinct possibility that they deliberately set up that shot to keep the character's most defining features hidden. Y'know, tease us, but don't give everything away before the big reveal. I'd probably do the same in their shoes.

There's no reason to hide details we wouldn't have any context for, and they'd be more successful showing a character that looked interesting and mysterious than one that looks like a background character. It's not like a silhouette is ever going to give everything away anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

There's no reason to hide details we wouldn't have any context for, and they'd be more successful showing a character that looked interesting and mysterious than one that looks like a background character. It's not like a silhouette is ever going to give everything away anyway.

Timing is everything; the full reveal of the third character is best left to the right moment. Sega probably wants a much bigger stage then a mere Nintendo Direct can provide for that reveal. Maybe at E3, live at the Sony or Microsoft conference, we'll finally have this mystery solved.

Assuming of course that the silhouette we've seen so far isn't just a placeholder for something more player driven...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

Or maybe...

the destroyed city level is the beginning of Eggman's attack 

Sonic and friends try to help the city

But then something happens to Sonic

Eggman conquered the world

Sonic appears (Here is where the concept art fits)

Classic Sonic appears

Tails is gone.

Maybe the new character will be Sonic's partner?

I don't believe this is the narrative, because again, there are like... 5 other people who could give eggman work, if one of the other 5 people just vanished. I'm relectant to believe this is the actual narrative. 

6 minutes ago, Kintor said:

Timing is everything; the full reveal of the third character is best left to the right moment. Sega probably wants a much bigger stage then a mere Nintendo Direct can provide for that reveal.

Then why reveal the silhouette at all? It seems to have caused more worries than anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Then why reveal the silhouette at all? It seems to have caused more worries than anything.

A silhouette gets people talking. Better now to establish the idea that the third character isn't a version of Sonic. This way nobody paying attention is going to be shocked by the full reveal.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Mere Nintendo Direct"

Sonic Lost World was kept under wraps until a Direct announced it fully; they aren't just some side thing in SEGA's eyes, lmao

Those clips were for the direct and they haven't made a single move to show them outside the direct yet, including an entire character tease. The direct was the main platform for the tease, no other way around it.

• Thumbs Up 9

Forces also noticably wasn't announced to be at the direct beforehand. They just expected to catch enough people with it to be worthwhile enough to nail down a slot.

Not saying a Direct is as big a deal as a Sony/MS conference but lol Sonic's not getting on stage at one of those any time soon.