Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Kellan said:

I've just had this pointed out to me: At the end of the Team Chaotix story in Sonic Heroes, Dr. Eggman tells the Chaotix that he will pay them once he's conquered the world. So, now that Eggman has won, the Chaotix might finally get paid for their services. Heh.

lol, like they'd remember that.

Man, I totally forgot about this. It's frightening how this customized character is sounding more and more plausible. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Man, I totally forgot about this. It's frightening how this customized character is sounding more and more plausible. 

Honestly I think sonic team needs to spend a bit more time on deviantart if they want to make a good character creator.

Wasn't that merely a pitch which never actually got picked up by SEGA?

30 minutes ago, Kellan said:

I've just had this pointed out to me: At the end of the Team Chaotix story in Sonic Heroes, Dr. Eggman tells the Chaotix that he will pay them once he's conquered the world. So, now that Eggman has won, the Chaotix might finally get paid for their services. Heh.

28 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

lol, like they'd remember that.

Well, that and I seem to remember Vector rejecting the offer anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, if they really wanted to use the Green Hill checkerboard, why didn't they just apply it to a new zone? Frozen Factory did this in Lost World and they could have done the same in say, a desert level (or maybe a jungle zone if it needed to be a green). Maybe it's there to quickly signify that Classic is in his world (or part of it) at that point in the story but why not show something fresh to get people excited?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

I've never even heard about this before. Probably because I was on that cancer ridden Sega Boards mostly before this and it was never brought up.

But wow. Goes to show there are worse ideas out there.

4 minutes ago, Zoroark & Flare said:

What if they're just copying Emerald Hill Zone?

MINDS BLOWN

Nah, this one has totem poles, waterfalls, and checkerboards on more surfaces than not. They are very specifically copying Green Hill, nothing else. It's not like it really matters, anything that side of Seaside Hill aesthetically speaking needs to take an extended breather.

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

Well, that and I seem to remember Vector rejecting the offer anyway.

More like they took it out of Eggman's hide after they realized they'd been had.

1 hour ago, Kellan said:

And since the Chaotix doesn't have many clients from the world of "good guys", they will become Eggman's allies and work for him, getting a nice amount of payment. Would be an interesting twist, and would also fit the "end of the world and everyone's against everyone" atmosphere of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, JosepMelloZSM said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/17/sonic-forces-gameplay-eyes-on-impressions

Too bad that IGN already confimed Tails alongside Amy.

The rumor was that Tails gave up after Sonic went missing.
The level IGN played was Modern Sonic fighting Eggman, so he wasn't missing yet.
So Tails wouldn't have given up yet.

It's possible that that level leads up to Sonic dissapearing and THEN Tails gives up. So rumor's not KO yet.

The Green Hill zone is not called Green Hill zone? Oh, then everyone will be magically okay with it, obviously it was the specific name people had an issue with, not the art style and imagary.
By the way guys, ALERT! A COMET IS FALLING TO EARTH! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
Oh wait, never mind, it isn't a comet. It's an Asteroid that'll crash into the earth. Well alrighty, no worries then. Carry on.

Seriously, what's with Sonic fans/ staff and their obsession with sementics? As if technicalities in terminology will ever change people's minds or emotions.

• Thumbs Up 4

22 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Seriously, what's with Sonic fans/ staff and their obsession with sementics? As if technicalities in terminology will ever change people's minds or emotions.

It's like Mike Pollock said on that one guy's podcast: We're very detail-oriented.

• Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

The rumor was that Tails gave up after Sonic went missing.
The level IGN played was Modern Sonic fighting Eggman, so he wasn't missing yet.
So Tails wouldn't have given up yet.

It's possible that that level leads up to Sonic dissapearing and THEN Tails gives up. So rumor's not KO yet.

But there's a problem, the world is already in ruins during that stage, and Tails hasn't given up.

It's confusing but I think it goes like this:
Sonic disappears -> Eggman conquers the world -> Sonic returns and finds out what happened -> Stage 1 -> Tails is still there

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

But there's a problem, the world is already in ruins during that stage, and Tails hasn't given up.

It's possible the level they saw was one we haven't seen yet. If that's the case, maybe the destroyed city isn't the first zone, or it is but there's a flashback afterwards?

If the rumor was true, I think it'd probably go like this:

Player start the game --> Sonic disappear (story explanation or flashback) --> Cutscene shows everyone fighting, but Tails gave up --> Players starts playing as whatever the 3rd character is --> Sonic returns (cutscene), Tails joins the resistance --> The gameplay footage of Modern Sonic starts here

or something similar

Or maybe...

the destroyed city level is the beginning of Eggman's attack 

Sonic and friends try to help the city

But then something happens to Sonic

Eggman conquered the world

Sonic appears (Here is where the concept art fits)

Classic Sonic appears

Tails is gone.

Maybe the new character will be Sonic's partner?

• Thumbs Up 3

Tails giving up would explain why there's a "new ally", but I just don't want to believe the character creator rumor, just because we have seen a silhouette.

The more I think about it the more I really like the idea of Tails giving up.

Like just imagining that cute little guy being all "Hello darkness my old friend" and slipping into the ether all curled up by his lonesome. He'll get Vietnam flashbacks of being cold and alone back on Westside Island and then he'll submit to Eggman-Palpatine and go insane and then he'll actually become the Riddler like in that picture I drew of Tails being the Riddler.

tails_as_the_riddler___superhero_series_ HE'S TOTALLY THE RIDDLER GUYS! COME ON! THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Wasn't that merely a pitch which never actually got picked up by SEGA?

It was one of two things.

1: Random pitch from a guy looking for work.

2: Sega have done work with uni and colleges with designers. They present a 'fake' idea and see what people can come up with.

Usually the reward is money or a job.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JezMM said:

It's not about semantics.  When he says "It's not Green Hill Zone" he's not literally saying "we're calling it something else", he is suggesting "it's not Green Hill Zone as you know it", which was clear from all the desert stuff in the background already.

So what you're saying is...It's not Green Hill Zone as we truly imagined it?

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

So what you're saying is...It's not Green Hill Zone as we truly imagined it?

It's Sand Hill Emerald Green Seaside Ridge Zone you fucking moron!

Get it right!

• Thumbs Up 2