Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, DabigRG said:

That's better.

Still, the "Evil Ancient Snake in a cybernetic life system support who wants to destroy all organic life"  isn't exactly the most easily comparable with the "Existential Sorceress who wanted to make her kingdom live forever."

That's true.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Beth was definitely a pleasant character, especially when compared to most of the other villagers. Helps that she got decent amount of focus in two episodes.

True. Beth is funny in that she looks and seems to be on a similar level as the other Boom original characters in terms of her aesthetics, and yet she's always been played as endearingly awkward/rustic.

1 hour ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Honestly, most of the villagers were pretty unlikeable. Heck, a good half of them became villains during the show's run. I can't really think of any minor characters I particularly liked.

I mean, they were all FUNNY in their own ways; I can't think of one character who didn't make me chuckle at least once. But I didn't really LIKE any of them. *shrug*

Hmm...that's fair. Boom's more cynical tone at times has been something I've seen a lot of people have complained about.

I just realized that Belinda never got to use her wings on Team Sonic. Weird...

Oh yeah, that is a little weird. If a third season does happen, she'll likely return with a special outfit and arnements to got with her jetpack.

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

True. Beth is funny in that she looks and seems to be on a similar level as the other Boom original characters in terms of her aesthetics, and yet she's always been played as endearingly awkward/rustic.

Hmm...that's fair. Boom's more cynical tone at times has been something I've seen a lot of people have complained about.

Oh yeah, that is a little weird. If a third season does happen, she'll likely return with a special outfit and arnements to got with her jetpack.

Yeah, she was one of the few likable villagers

Given that some of the writers did the Simpson's, this is possible.

Hopefully because it seems like a waste to have her gain those wings without using them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lookin over my list made me remember something. I intended to mention this when I got caught back up on the show after learning that episode was a thing, but I don't recall ever actually doing so:

Did anyone else get the vibe that Vector Detector was originally a Tommy Thunder episode while watching it?

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Lookin over my list made me remember something. I intended to mention this when I got caught back up on the show after learning that episode was a thing, but I don't recall ever actually doing so:

Did anyone else get the vibe that Vector Detector was originally a Tommy Thunder episode while watching it?

Well, given that both of them are TV stars I see the resemblance. However, while Tommy was a sham, Vector was a legitimate detective. Plus, the plot probably would've been very different with Tommy.

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Well, given that both of them are TV stars I see the resemblance. However, while Tommy was a sham, Vector was a legitimate detective. Plus, the plot probably would've been very different with Tommy.

Okay, so I just rewatched a shitty upload of the episode and while there are a few points where the voice direction and flow of the plot would've been different, it definitely feels like that might've been the case. 

• Sonic's tone in response to Vector showing up and Vector posing after Dixon tells Sonic the "proper" reaction.
  • Amy contacting him in the first place and being confident that he'll succeed(in contrast to Game!Amy being dismissive of Vector).
  • Also, the fact that Sonic apparently knew Vector personally, but Amy only cites his show.
  • Vector openly stating that he's in it for the money(which would probably be a more broad motivation with Tommy, like good publicity).
  • Sonic wanting to outdo Vector in finding out who took Amy's hammer.
  • The instances where you'd be forgiven for thinking Vector is pulling clues out of his ass: the footprints leading to the ViP card(which he seemingly knew about before actually looking at them and Tommy is the character who was used to introduce the concept in the first place), the wrecked Comedy Chimp poster(in which he just turned up out of nowhere), the donut'd pie(which Dixon found and quite frankly, it's kind of a random/dumb clue anyway), and the chest where Amy's hammer was found(which Vector approached before calling out Wolfie). 
  • The look Vector gets after seeing Wolfie get hit with the pie(which almost seems devious, though admittedly that's probably because Vector's kinda scary looking).
  • Sonic's reaction to Amy glomping Vector with an exuberant squeal.
  • The look Vector after Amy thanks him and stresses how important her hammer is to her(which I mistook as a sign of guilt on the first viewing).
  • Sonic being surprised when Vector shows up without his camera crew.
  • Sonic's expression when Vector admits he needs his help(which led into a hilariously random cut).
  • Vector specifically highlighting that he's the one who found the hammer before moving onto given Sonic credit for helping him find the real culprit.
  • The fact that Dixon, the show's producer, was the one truly responsible.

• Thumbs Up 2

Any new character I could take them or live them, really. The only exception is Sticks. I kinda like her more then she deserves, considering she's one joke.

But Lyric, Perci, Comedy Chimp, Dave... big arm shrug.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I was looking at some RoL cutscene, and it bothered me how ungrateful Sonic's friends were when he tried to save them from Eggman's robot by opening the tomb.

So I was looking at some RoL cutscene, and it bithered me how ingrateful Sonic's friends were when he tried to save them from Eggman's robot by opening the tomb.

At least they kind of realized how wrong it was, towards the climax of the game. Eventually, they were put in Sonic’s shoes, and ignored his assurance of being able to fend off Lyric’s robots. It kind of allowed the gang to understand how Sonic felt earlier, when he saw they were in danger, and wanted to help them with a drastic measure.

Could it have been handled better? Sure, but Sonic was kind of ungrateful throughout the middle of the game as well,  and very self absorbed, but it did end pretty well for them. They grew stronger and more supportive as a team, and Sonic learned to be less of a glory hog, and started giving his friends the credit they deserve.

So I was looking at some RoL cutscene, and it bithered me how ingrateful Sonic's friends were when he tried to save them from Eggman's robot by opening the tomb.

Keep in mind that Sonic was supposed to be something of a loner in Rise of Lyric. Them getting mad at him was because he decided to do things his way rather than trust that they could fight off Metal and the Destruction Troops together. Unfortunately for the writing, doing things his way just so happened to involve getting them to safety. By locking them in an old tomb with an evil Snake Ancient in fragile stasis, but still.

Also, it's "ungrateful."

• Thumbs Up 2

@SpongicX @DabigRG Fair points. 

13 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

It kind of allowed the gang to understand how Sonic felt earlier, when he saw they were in danger, and wanted to help them with a drastic measure.

If only this was openly acknowledged.

@SpongicX @DabigRG Fair points. 

If only this was openly acknowledged.

I thought it was one of those moments where it showed enough, without needing any explaining. The scene took it's time to show how unsure Sonic's pals looked when they saw Sonic surrounded. It would have felt too forced to have one of them blurt out "now I know why Sonic locked us in the tomb." It didn't look easy for Tails, Knuckles, or Amy to give in to Lyric, in hopes of saving Sonic. They definitely looked shocked and sorry when their plan backfired, and nearly killed Sonic in the process. Not everything needs to be spelled out to the viewers in entertainment, as long as it can leave enough to let the viewers interpret it in their own way. (I know it sounds crazy to be talking about Rise of Lyric this way, but I'm one of the few who wasn't offended by the game, like so many others. It wasn't perfect, but I honestly had some fun with the game. I honestly had more fun playing Rise of Lyric than Sonic Forces, there, I said it!)

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So which were your favorite moments of Season 2?

SonAmy moments and teases
Knuckles In Space
 "The Biggest Fan"
Knuckles getting swim lessons mixed up with prison
Sonic and pals going underwater
Dreamcaster
"Multi Tails"
Knuckles posing as a daughter to lady Walrus
Sonic's mech suit
Amy going nuts on T.W. Barker and his stunt bears.
Sonic and pals journeying through a blizzard and temple to restore the town's power
Sticks naming the village after Amy
Sticks's "I Told You So Victory Dance", and partnering with Dave to save everyone from Eggman's Meh Burger trap.
"Give Bees A Chance"
Morpho
Knuckles imitating "One Punch Man"
The action in Robots From The Sky
Mighton and Bolts and Team Cybonic
Sonic and pals fighting each other and Eggman to get rid of the flea bots.
Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles singing, and Sonic getting a speeding ticket.
Eggman fighting Amy's Sonic decoy, and Belinda roasting the villagers.
Sonic VS Eggman in mech suits
Sonic and pals breakdancing and acting unpredictable in a soccer game
Morpho failing to impersonate Sonic.
Vector
Sticks and Orbot working to get out of Eggman's lair
Team Sonic VS Shadow, Sonic VS Lord Eggman, and Sonic and Shadow VS Metal Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/27/2017 at 1:12 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Any new character I could take them or live them, really. The only exception is Sticks. I kinda like her more then she deserves, considering she's one joke.

But Lyric, Perci, Comedy Chimp, Dave... big arm shrug.

That's probably because she actually feels like she could work as a game character. 

In fact, she's practically a Hop Skip and a Jump away with World's Unite, Mario & Sonic 5, and apparently these series of game character focused manga according to Ian Flynn.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

these series of game character focused manga according to Ian Flynn.

Where did you read about that?

Edit: NVM I remembered about the anniversary mangas

Guys, I have some bad news. Sonic Boom is not on xFinity on Demand anymore. And the last 5 episodes of season 2 of Sonic Boom didn't even get a chance to be on xFinity on Demand yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, SonicBoomFan101 said:

Guys, I have some bad news. Sonic Boom is not on xFinity on Demand anymore. And the last 5 episodes of season 2 of Sonic Boom didn't even get a chance to be on xFinity on Demand yet. 

Bummer, at least it’s on Hulu. It takes longer for shows to expire from Hulu, compared to on demand.

11 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Bummer, at least it’s on Hulu. It takes longer for shows to expire from Hulu, compared to on demand.

You know what? I'm just kidding. Sonic Boom is still on xFinity on Demand. The Don't Make Me Angry episode is up on demand now. You really thought Sonic Boom would disappear on xFinity on Demand, but no, it's still here.