Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Any other little details you found?

Not quite, but there is one thing I can point out about Eggman the Video Game Part 1, but it wasn’t too hard to find. During the part where everyone is in line for Tommy Thunder’s new game, you can see a poster of Tommy giving  a pose that resembles Sonic’s pose from the original Sonic The Hedgehog box art.

It’s not hard to find, but I don’t recall anyone pointing that out yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Is it just me or did it seem like Wally Wingert (Cubot's VA) did the most voices in the show?

Hard to say, I felt most of the cast had a lot of voices. I will say Wally played most of the newcomers from season 2. I’d say Sticks’s and Tails’s voice actresses had the least amount of voice extras. Roger, Bill, Mike, Travis, Wally, Cindy, and Kirk played a lot of minor characters. Cindy practically played almost every female voice in the show, with a few exceptions from Nika and Tails’s voice. Roger played practically every announcer or robotic voice in the show.

It’s funny how some voices are easy to recognize, while others are shocking to find out. I never would have guessed Orbot, Shadow, and Barker were the same voice for instance, yet it was obvious that Amy and Mombot, or Eggman and Bolts were the same voice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SpongicX said:

Hard to say, I felt most of the cast had a lot of voices. I will say Wally played most of the newcomers from season 2. I’d say Sticks’s and Tails’s voice actresses had the least amount of voice extras. Roger, Mike, Travis, Cindy, and Kirk played a lot of minor characters. Cindy practically played almost every female voice in the show, with a few exceptions from Nika and Tails’s voice. Roger played practically every announcer or robotic voice in the show.

It’s funny how some voices are easy to recognize, while others are shocking to find out. I never would have guessed Orbot, Shadow, and Barker were the same voice for instance, yet it was obvious that Amy and Mombot, or Eggman and Bolts were the same voice.

Yeah, I think Nika only did like 4 or 5 characters throughout the entire show.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, I think Nika only did like 4 or 5 characters throughout the entire show.

It’s funny how radically different all her characters were, compared to Sticks. I never would have guessed Staci shared the same voice as Sticks. There were times where you could somewhat hear Tails’s voice in Beth the Shrew for instance. Beth basically is a girly sounding Tails with a southern accent. Oddly enough, it’s Beth who sounds more identical to Tails, and not Zooey. For looking a lot like Tails, you’d think Zooey would have sounded more like Tails, since both characters shared the same voice actress. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

It’s funny how radically different all her characters were, compared to Sticks. I never would have guessed Staci shared the same voice as Sticks. There were times where you could somewhat hear Tails’s voice in Beth the Shrew for instance. Beth basically is a girly sounding Tails with a southern accent. Oddly enough, it’s Beth who sounds more identical to Tails, and not Zooey. For looking a lot like Tails, you’d think Zooey would have sounded more like Tails, since both characters shared the same voice actress. 

Plus, Diane the Aardvark had a pretty different voice. You've got a point about Zooey; her voice was very high and squeaky.

20 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Plus, Diane the Aardvark had a pretty different voice. You've got a point about Zooey; her voice was very high and squeaky.

I liked Zooey’s voice, I was just pointing out how interesting it was for Zooey to sound so different from Tails and Beth, despite being the same voice actress. Belinda and the teenage rabbit girl also sounded different from the others as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I liked Zooey’s voice, I was just pointing out interesting it was for Zooey to sound so different from Tails and Beth, despite being the same voice actress. Belinda and the teenage rabbit girl also sounded different from the others as well. 

Yeah, honestly you have to give Colleen some credit for her performances in the Staycation episode.

For Cindy, I didn't know how to feel about Perci's voice since she sounded similar to Amy and she was previously voiced by Erin Fitzgerald.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, honestly you have to give Colleen some credit for her performances in the Staycation episode.

For Cindy, I didn't know how to feel about Perci's voice since she sounded similar to Amy and she was previously voiced by Erin Fitzgerald.

I didn’t think she sounded that much like Amy, but I will admit I liked her better in Rise of Lyric. I still like her voice in the show, but we barely hear her, or see her in the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I didn’t think she sounded that much like Amy, but I will admit I liked her better in Rise of Lyric. I still like her voice in the show, but we barely hear her, or see her in the show.

I think Staci got more focus in Season 2 than Perci.

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Hard to say, when the show does a terrible job at making them more than just clone background characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Hard to say, when the show does a terrible job at making them more than just clone background characters.

That's true. It's kind of jarring given how popular Perci was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whilst I've enjoyed both seasons, I think the odds of a 3rd are slim due to it being the only Boom related part of the franchise still going.  The only way I can see it getting a 3rd season might be with a online provider such as Hulu or Netflix. The writing in the show has been very good, especially in the 2nd season. They were able to take some aspects of the franchise and poke a bit of fun at it, that made me chuckle. Animation and Voice Acting was also very good as well. Just a pity Cartoon Network treated it the way it did.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

On 11/13/2017 at 1:27 PM, RedFox99 said:

What's sad is that Lyric could've turned into a pretty complex villain like Merlina.

...You could? :confused:

18 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...You could? :confused:

What I mean is that It's implied that Lyric was poisoned by the Crystals and that the Ancients possibly used him as a guinea pig to test out the effects. What could've helped is seeing him before that incident.

Also, here's another fanfic

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12576115/1/All-for-the-Love-of-Boom

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2017 at 4:37 PM, RedFox99 said:

On 11/20/2017 at 4:43 PM, SpongicX said:

I know went over this in the past, but that's likely because Perci is kind of a relatively unfulfilled artifact of Rise of Lyric that was held over for the show for some reason. And that makes it a little hard to work her into the TV Show's more sitcom-esque tone. It's telling that her one episode of true relevance is mostly filled with biased image spots with the Team's interpretations of her until she sets them straight on how things went down near the end.

Staci, on the other hand, (who I'm pretty sure was created for a quick sight gag into hot twins and then just stuck around with a name for the sake of it) is a character they "created" that they can get away using in comedic and even negative ways(the one time they used her at least). 

I also recall bringing up Perci's concept art as well as someone else's screenshot of her with her shirt off to discuss how they can tweak her design to distance her from Perci..

40 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What I mean is that It's implied that Lyric was poisoned by the Crystals and that the Ancients possibly used him as a guinea pig to test out the effects. What could've helped is seeing him before that incident.

Also, here's another fanfic

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12576115/1/All-for-the-Love-of-Boom

I know what his backtory was. What I mean is that, despite my thoughts on certain things that's been brought up here, I simply don't imagine Lyric being anywhere near comparable to Merlina inherently.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, do a barrel roll said:

CN didn't treat Sonic Boom very well but if it makes you guys feel any better Teen Titans GO! may be ending after it's 4th season

Yeah, I did see a thumbnail about that. Aw well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I might've asked this before, but I don't think it'd hurt to put this out there repeatedly: Who are/were some of your favorite characters in this show and the bigger sub-series?

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I might've asked this before, but I don't think it'd hurt to put this out there repeatedly: Who are/were some of your favorite characters in this show and the bigger sub-series?

Beth was definitely a pleasant character, especially when compared to most of the other villagers. Helps that she got decent amount of focus in two episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, most of the villagers were pretty unlikeable. Heck, a good half of them became villains during the show's run. I can't really think of any minor characters I particularly liked.

I mean, they were all FUNNY in their own ways; I can't think of one character who didn't make me chuckle at least once. But I didn't really LIKE any of them. *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 2

I just realized that Belinda never got to use her wings on Team Sonic. Weird...

53 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Honestly, most of the villagers were pretty unlikeable. Heck, a good half of them became villains during the show's run. I can't really think of any minor characters I particularly liked.

I mean, they were all FUNNY in their own ways; I can't think of one character who didn't make me chuckle at least once. But I didn't really LIKE any of them. *shrug*

I have to agree. The few likable ones were normally just background characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

To answer my own question here, Boom!Knuckles, Sticks, Eggman, TW Barker, Wily Walrus, Charlie, Belinda, and Steve/Morpho.

Fastidious Beaver, Mayor Fink, Doc Ginger, Comedy Chimp, Lady Goat, The Gogoba Chief, W-tailed Marmoset, Swifty the Shrew, Nominatus, Tommy Thunder, Og, and Vector are also worth noting for one reason or another.

There are probably a few I may have overlooked, but using the character category pictures on Sonic wikia, I got all of the immediate ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2017 at 9:37 PM, RedFox99 said:

@DabigRG Complex probably wasn't the best word. Maybe tragic.

That's better.

Still, the "Evil Ancient Snake in a cybernetic life system support who wants to destroy all organic life"  isn't exactly the most easily comparable with the "Existential Sorceress who wanted to make her kingdom live forever."

• Thumbs Up 1