Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

7 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So when exactly did SEGA announce Season 2 back in 2015?

I think they announced it at some sort of tv show event? Said tv show event has already come and gone this year, with no announcement made for Sonic Boom season 3.

If this really is the end of Sonic Boom, that’s fine by me. At least the finale was better than the last one AND a two parter! A fitting end I think. 

Still not happy about evil Shadow though lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Sorry guys, I made video reviews of the top 10 best and worst episodes of  Sonic Boom Season 2, but DailyMotion is preventing me from uploading the videos. I think it’s some kind of copyright block, every time I try uploading, it cuts off my internet signal, and tells me “couldn’t upload, make sure your video follows our terms and guidelines.” My internet is working fine when I’m not uploading, so I think it’s actually a security measure that’s preventing me from posting these clips, due to copyright. 

It’s too bad, I spent a lot of hours putting the clips and audio together. I wasn’t expecting anything in return, I just wanted to share my thoughts on why I love Sonic Boom, yet the internet is making it impossible. I even made a special Thank You Message to Cindy Robinson at the end of the video, for making the episode “Give Bees A Chance.” That was an episode she worked really hard on, and was based off a depressing thing that happened in her life, yet I can’t share that message now, because copyright protection is preventing fans from sharing their thoughts on the show. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Sorry guys, I made video reviews of the top 10 best and worst episodes of  Sonic Boom Season 2, but DailyMotion is preventing me from uploading the videos. I think it’s some kind of copyright block, every time I try uploading, it cuts off my internet signal, and tells me “couldn’t upload, make sure your video follows our terms and guidelines.” My internet is working fine when I’m not uploading, so I think it’s actually a security measure that’s preventing me from posting these clips, due to copyright. 

It’s too bad, I spent a lot of hours putting the clips and audio together. I wasn’t expecting anything in return, I just wanted to share my thoughts on why I love Sonic Boom, yet the internet is making it impossible. I even made a special Thank You Message to Cindy Robinson at the end of the video, for making the episode “Give Bees A Chance.” That was an episode she worked really hard on, and was based off a depressing thing that happened in her life, yet I can’t share that message now, because copyright protection is preventing fans from sharing their thoughts on the show. 

I'm sorry to hear that man. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm sorry to hear that man. 

thanks, I guess it wouldn't have mattered if it uploaded anyways. How can I even try promoting the show, when there is no legal way of watching these episodes anymore? It's off the air, even for reruns, no home video release, and most of it is off On Demand now. Even if I tried promoting the show, how would people even be able to watch it? I will be greatly let down if the show never gets released. Maybe the show runners fear it won't sell on discs, but they should at least sell them digitally in HD, but apparently, that's too much to expect from the show runners...

• Thumbs Up 1

I've read again that last year SEGA sold Season 2 in over 90 countries, so that's already a success if all these places are airing the show again, I'm just disappointed that it gets a shitty treatment in the US.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I've read again that last year SEGA sold Season 2 in over 90 countries, so that's already a success if all these places are airing the show again, I'm just disappointed that it gets a shitty treatment in the US.

It makes you wonder why that is the case. 

Anyways, I found this interesting fanfic called You're Doing it Backwards. Warning: Even though it's rated T, it has some implied sexual content:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12722719/1/You-re-Doing-It-Backwards

39 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Apparently the second season will be on hulu soon

now when on netflix???

Well it seems to be better than nothing. Hopefully it will be on Netflix for other countries soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still wish it would release on blu ray and digital hd, but at least the season is getting some form of release. It’s too bad it still requires a constant internet connection to watch. I wish I could watch it in hd, without having to worry about my internet connection giving up, or losing quality, not to mention how we don’t know how long it will take, until the show possibly expires from Hulu. I’d rather buy the episodes to watch whenever I want.

• Fist Bump 1

Finally finished Season 2 on my DVR, and let me just say... WOW.

This season beat the first in every way- better animation, more memorable jokes, tons of nods to the Sonic fans, and more world-building! Season 1 was great overall, but it still suffered from a handful of duds like Just a Guy and Blue With Envy. But there's not a single episode of Season 2 that I didn't enjoy! From great new faces like Mighton, Bolts, Og, and Team Cybonic, to some old favorites like Vector and D-Fekt being given new life, Boom has a cast entertaining enough to rival the games! And there were several jokes that caught me off-guard, like Sonic pointing out how unpleasable his fanbase is, and Eggman's floors not needing dusting.

But for now, I'm just gonna focus on the 2-part finale...

Spoiler

YES. ALL OF MY YES.

This is what I expect from a Sonic finale- tons of callbacks, intense action, and the best characters all getting their chance to shine! Shadow's still a one-dimensional douche, but at least he's proven to be just as formidable as his main-series self, kicking Team Sonic around like ragdolls and holding his own in a battle royale against Sonic and Metal Sonic!

And speaking of whom...

latest?cb=20171112152406

MY BOY. IS BACK.

After his pitiful performances in Season 1 and Shattered Crystal (Rise of Lyric was just okay), I wasn't sure If the Boom series would ever do my favorite Sonic character justice. But man, these writers finally delivered! Metal shows up, having acquired all the data and abilities of Team Sonic AND Shadow (A clever callback to Heroes!), beats the crap out of the two organic hedgehogs (I think this is the closest Boom!Shadow has come to flat-out losing a fight), and later holds his own against all five heroes, only losing because of the Real Superpower of Teamwork! (Funny how history repeats itself)

Between the last few issues of Archie, Sonic Mania, loads of cool merch, and this finale, this was a good year for us Metallix fans!

Sonic Boom has done the impossible and dethroned SatAM as my favorite animated adaptation of the little blue critter. I'm all for a Season 3, but should worst come to worst, at least this show ended on an unquestionable high note!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 2

16 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Finally finished Season 2 on my DVR, and let me just say... WOW.

This season beat the first in every way- better animation, more memorable jokes, tons of nods to the Sonic fans, and more world-building! Season 1 was great overall, but it still suffered from a handful of duds like Just a Guy and Blue With Envy. But there's not a single episode of Season 2 that I didn't enjoy! From great new faces like Mighton, Bolts, Og, and Team Cybonic, to some old favorites like Vector and D-Fekt being given new life, Boom has a cast entertaining enough to rival the games! And there were several jokes that caught me off-guard, like Sonic pointing out how unpleasable his fanbase is, and Eggman's floors not needing dusting.

But for now, I'm just gonna focus on the 2-part finale...

Hide contents

YES. ALL OF MY YES.

This is what I expect from a Sonic finale- tons of callbacks, intense action, and the best characters all getting their chance to shine! Shadow's still a one-dimensional douche, but at least he's proven to be just as formidable as his main-series self, kicking Team Sonic around like ragdolls and holding his own in a battle royale against Sonic and Metal Sonic!

And speaking of whom...

latest?cb=20171112152406

MY BOY. IS BACK.

After his pitiful performances in Season 1 and Shattered Crystal (Rise of Lyric was just okay), I wasn't sure If the Boom series would ever do my favorite Sonic character justice. But man, these writers finally delivered! Metal shows up, having acquired all the data and abilities of Team Sonic AND Shadow (A clever callback to Heroes!), beats the crap out of the two organic hedgehogs (I think this is the closest Boom!Shadow has come to flat-out losing a fight), and later holds his own against all five heroes, only losing because of the Real Superpower of Teamwork! (Funny how history repeats itself)

Between the last few issues of Archie, Sonic Mania, loads of cool merch, and this finale, this was a good year for us Metallix fans!

Sonic Boom has done the impossible and dethroned SatAM as my favorite animated adaptation of the little blue critter. I'm all for a Season 3, but should worst come to worst, at least this show ended on an unquestionable high note!

Hate Just a Guy as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

It feels so strange to no longer have to look forward to tuning into my TV at 5:00 PM each Saturday. 

I’m planning on renewing my Hulu subscription tomorrow. I can’t wait to see these episodes in HD, I just hope my internet doesn’t act up. On the bright side, it won’t be live TV, so if it acts up, at least I can either wait for it to buffer, or watch later.

I noticed Boomerang is showing a rerun of the season 2 finale in 3 hours. However, there is no longer a full hour block of the show. Once part 1 and 2 are over, another show will be on instead. It may not be much, but it’s still nice to see the show wasn’t booted off the air imediately upon the finale.

I don’t know if it will be on again tomorrow, but who cares? It’s coming to Hulu, you’re better off watching it on that. At this rate, season 3 might as well be a Hulu exclusive if made.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

It feels so strange to no longer have to look forward to tuning into my TV at 5:00 PM each Saturday. 

I’m planning on renewing my Hulu subscription tomorrow. I can’t wait to see these episodes in HD, I just hope my internet doesn’t act up. On the bright side, it won’t be live TV, so if it acts up, at least I can either wait for it to buffer, or watch later.

I noticed Boomerang is showing a rerun of the season 2 finale in 3 hours. However, there is no longer a full hour block of the show. Once part 1 and 2 are over, another show will be on instead. It may not be much, but it’s still nice to see the show wasn’t booted off the air imediately upon the finale.

I don’t know if it will be on again tomorrow, but who cares? It’s coming to Hulu, you’re better off watching it on that. At this rate, season 3 might as well be a Hulu exclusive if made.

Or even an... Amazon Prime exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/15/2017 at 3:51 PM, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Why did Shadow unreasonably try to destroy the universe? ¬_¬

Well in his first video game appearance, he tried to kill all humans. So causing world destruction isn't out of his range 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/15/2017 at 2:19 PM, RedFox99 said:

So when exactly did SEGA announce Season 2 back in 2015?

It was first mentioned in February 2015 and it was confirmed on 10 October 2015.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got done watching some season 2 episodes on Hulu, and they look great. It's great to finally see these episodes in HD. I haven't had any quality issues yet, unlike watching Boomerang on Sling TV. One thing that bugs me about watching it on Hulu, is how CN has their logo stamped across it. It feels so wrong, since CN basically left that show to die, and refused to show it on their network. Now all of a sudden, they think they can proudly stamp their branding across it? I really hope season 3 happens, but isn't a part of CN's line up. It would be great to see the show do better somewhere else, and have CN regret neglecting the show. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SpongicX said:

Just got done watching some season 2 episodes on Hulu, and they look great. It's great to finally see these episodes in HD. I haven't had any quality issues yet, unlike watching Boomerang on Sling TV. One thing that bugs me about watching it on Hulu, is how CN has their logo stamped across it. It feels so wrong, since CN basically left that show to die, and refused to show it on their network. Now all of a sudden, they think they can proudly stamp their branding across it? I really hope season 3 happens, but isn't a part of CN's line up. It would be great to see the show do better somewhere else, and have CN regret neglecting the show. 

That is odd though, but nothing worth getting upset over. Personally, I think Disney XD could be a better channel for Boom.

The comment section on facebook and twitter about this Hulu news is all positive, they are praising the show and asking for a season 3, so that's... actually refreshing to see :)

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

I’ve been binge watching Sonic Boom season 2 all day long. I’m so glad this season was added to Hulu. I really hope we get a season 3, and I hope it can get treated better than what CN did to the poor show.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

I’ve been binge watching Sonic Boom season 2 all day long. I’m so glad this season was added to Hulu. I really hope we get a season 3, and I hope it can get treated better than what CN did to the poor show.

It'll probably help with making the show popular. 

tumblr_ozpdav5SCO1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpg

It’s funny what kind of details you can miss from previous episodes of Sonic Boom (especially since most of season 2 didn’t air in HD at first.) I just now noticed in the episode “Three Minutes Or Less”, how Amy was wearing a referee whistle, when Sonic and Knuckles were rough housing. Easy to miss, yet still a funny little detail. 

6 hours ago, SpongicX said:

tumblr_ozpdav5SCO1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpg

It’s funny what kind of details you can miss from previous episodes of Sonic Boom (especially since most of season 2 didn’t air in HD at first.) I just now noticed in the episode “Three Minutes Or Less”, how Amy was wearing a referee whistle, when Sonic and Knuckles were rough housing. Easy to miss, yet still a funny little detail. 

Any other little details you found?