Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

As others have pointed out, the animation was a lot better in this episode. The camera movements really made the action scenes feel more exciting and fast paced. Even the facial expressions were a step up. The looks on Sonic and pal's faces, as Shadow beat the crap out of them was very believable. It kind of made me cringe,  I could almost feel their pain, just by the look in their eyes. Look at this! It almost makes me want to cry to see them so badly hurt. It's what helped make the fighting more interesting. It really made me want to see them succeed. (You already know they're going to win in the end regardless, but still!) 
tumblr_oza8v5byWU1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpgtumblr_oza90aRHcw1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpgtumblr_oza90aRHcw1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpgtumblr_oza90aRHcw1rhnd8ro6_1280.jpgtumblr_oza90aRHcw1rhnd8ro3_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished watching both parts, and.. i really enjoyed, if the series is to end here, i'd say it ended on a high note, still hopeful for a third season though

(also, am i the only one that hears Rush's "The Anarchist" in the bass during part 1? yes, ok then...)

4 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

As others have pointed out, the animation was a lot better in this episode. The camera movements really made the action scenes feel more exciting and fast paced. Even the facial expressions were a step up. The looks on Sonic and pal's faces, as Shadow beat the crap out of them was very believable. It kind of made me cringe,  I could almost feel their pain, just by the look in their eyes. Look at this! It almost makes me want to cry to see them so badly hurt. It's what helped make the fighting more interesting. It really made me want to see them succeed. (You already know they're going to win in the end regardless, but still!) 
tumblr_oza8v5byWU1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpgtumblr_oza90aRHcw1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpgtumblr_oza90aRHcw1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpgtumblr_oza90aRHcw1rhnd8ro6_1280.jpgtumblr_oza90aRHcw1rhnd8ro3_1280.jpg

But they didn't win.

They lost, and then shadow decided that he wanted to blow up the universe. They stopped that. but, they literally just got beat up. I'm surprised sega just let that happen, in the comics sega would get pissy about that sort of thing. And now that I think about it, its unsatisfying, like there was opportunity at multiple points to show friendship wins the day by beating the guy who doesn't like friendship , or actually getting him to work as a team. 

Nope, turns out working out in a cave by yourself, stronger than friendship confirmed. Boom shadow could body the whole MLP universe confirmed

• Chuckle 3

Now that the season is over, I think I'm going to make a top 10 list of the best episodes of season 2. I think I'm going to leave the 4 part special and season finale out, because I feel it' would be a bit unfair to put the specials on this list, since they're mostly enjoyable altogether, compared to watching them separately. While they were good, they still had a lot of filler which held them back from being entirely great. I could list them as honorable mentions at least.

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

But they didn't win.

They lost, and then shadow decided that he wanted to blow up the universe. They stopped that. but, they literally just got beat up. I'm surprised sega just let that happen, in the comics sega would get pissy about that sort of thing. And now that I think about it, its unsatisfying, like there was opportunity at multiple points to show friendship wins the day by beating the guy who doesn't like friendship , or actually getting him to work as a team. 

Nope, turns out working out in a cave by yourself, stronger than friendship confirmed. Boom shadow could body the whole MLP universe confirmed

What I'm saying is, they didn't die. They saved the day in the end, so they won. Sonic Forces had a cheesy friendship preaching ending, and that didn't go over too well with others, it felt too forced and cliche. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

What I'm saying is, they didn't die. They saved the day in the end, so they won. Sonic Forces had a cheesy friendship preaching ending, and that didn't go over too well with others, it felt too forced and cliche. 

I think it was the everything else , about that game. 

15 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Isn' a season 3 comfirmed?

It hasn't been officially confirmed but the fourth-wall break in tonight's finale got me thinking that the show could get a third season. 

Plus we have the French artist who "confirmed" that the show's coming back earlier this year. So, if anything, there's more evidence that points to the possibility of another season than not. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I also liked that Metal Sonic finally got a chance to be a badass, being able to take on Sonic and Shadow at once and only getting taken down when the inevitable BS Saturday morning cartoon strategy was launched. In the games these days, that would never happen since these days Sonic can job him on his own.

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, sinclair said:

It hasn't been officially confirmed but the fourth-wall break in tonight's finale got me thinking that the show could get a third season. 

Plus we have the French artist who "confirmed" that the show's coming back earlier this year. So, if anything, there's more evidence that points to the possibility of another season than not. :) 

Well, the last time they predicted no second season, but we did get one in the end, so...

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Well, the last time they predicted no second season, but we did get one in the end, so...

There were people on Tumblr - including myself - who predicted that there would be a second season and we were proven right (I did a little digging on some French sites). ;) I wouldn't be surprised if the same can be said for a potential third season, but we'll see... ;) 

http://spongicx.tumblr.com/post/167399515168/spongicxs-top-10-episodes-of-sonic-boom-season-2

Here's a link to what I found to be the top 10 best episodes of the season. Long story short, I thought "Give Bees A Chance" was the best. I might make a list of what I thought were the worst episodes in the season. Feel free to check it out, and let me know what you think of my choices. Keep in mind these are just my personal favorites, so I apologize if you personally don't like my picks.

• Nice Smile 2

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

But they didn't win.

Shadow exceeds at mobility, but that's his only strength. Eggman's teleportation guard in the second part already strapped him of his Chaos Control. If he were to combine that technology with his anti-gravity ray, he could pin Shadow down without a fight. He's perhaps the strongest Boom character, but his weaknesses balance that out.

Finally couple episodes that I actually liked for once!

Gotta say Boom Shadow is my favorite version of Shadow. Seeing a evil Shadow is very cool to me! So funnily edgy!... I found him kinda cute here too somehow. xD ...Furthermore I enjoyed seeing him being so OP and beat the snot out of everybody! Team Sonic are so full of themselves! so it feels good to me to see them knocked down a peg briefly every once in awhile.

Was happy to see MetalSonic too! He is my 2nd fave Sonic character n stuff. He was presented here much better then last season, he was much stronger... Very cool!

Vector had a quick cameo here again... Shame he wasn't used on the show little more.

Honestly I want a new Sonic series to be made after this show is over that focus on all the main Sonic Team universe extended cast and not OCs made by the TV Show's devs... The episodes that star the other game characters like Vector/Shadow/Metal have been the most exciting for me and i think the same can be said for many people watching...  So a new series would fit better for that, I'd be fine with a new series being still 3D CGI and using the same animation team. hopefully such a show would be more adventure and action focus then Boom normally was... I really dislike them being stuck on 1 little island the whole show.

Not sure if I'd want a season 3 of Boom or not... if they could put more focus on the game cast and on action adventure instead of Boom OCs and sitcom type comedy quite as often... then I'll be more open to the idea. But I don't see that happening so I could live without a season 3 if they could make a different Sonic series instead.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Ok, fight was cool but don't like the baddass decay of Knuckes(whose archie self can keep up with Shadow) and I don't like how cliche Shadow is.He has no motivation what so ever.

I thought Knuckles was pretty bad ass against Shadow. Sure, he didn't land any hits, but he was putting up a tough fight. There wasn't really any comic relief of Knuckles, besides one joke about "Shadow Boxing" (Didn't Sonic X use the same joke?) I liked how Knuckles was serious during the fight, he may have gotten his ass kicked, but he put up a better and longer fight than Tails, Sticks, and Amy. Then again, it's mostly his fault for why Tails got knocked out, but it was an accident. 

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I think it was the everything else , about that game. 

True, but people still pointed out how the friendship preaching felt too forced in the game. 

This Shadow is just a jackass. Why does he want to destroy the world? My main problem with Boom is how cliche and stereotypical the characters are.

• Thumbs Up 1

So which was better, the story of Sonic Forces, or the Sonic Boom Season 2 finale? I personally thought Sonic Boom's finale was a lot better. I was mostly underwhelmed and let down by Sonic Forces, both story and gameplay wise. While the Sonic Boom Season 2 finale had flaws, and arguably some wasted potential, I still found it to be more enjoyable. It had more surprises than Forces. Sonic Forces had one entertaining war scene, but it ended too soon, and we barely got to see any of the other characters do anything. This episode on the other hand had so many lengthy, yet entertaining fight scenes. Strange how the characters seemed to be in greater peril here, than they were in Sonic Forces. While a majority of the episode had the characters getting beaten the crap out of, they were still putting up a bigger fight than anything shown in Forces. I had a hard time believing Eggman was really taking over in Sonic Forces, yet Sonic Boom managed to show how dangerous a battle between Shadow, Lord Eggman, and Metal Sonic could get. How was it that Eggman took over 99% of the world in Sonic Forces, just to be defeated by only 2 Sonics and some generated fan character? I felt there was no real threat in Sonic Forces, despite how hard they tried pushing for it, but Sonic Boom really made the battles intense and exciting, in a smaller amount of time than a roughly 3 hour video game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy's communicator and wrist rings were all over the place in this finale, LOL!

Notice how in the first screenshot, her communicator is where it usually is, on her right wrist, and she only has her left wrist ring on. 

tumblr_oza8p8KqfI1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpg

Yet in this second shot, her communicator is missing, yet she suddenly has both her wrist rings, like she had in most of season 1.
tumblr_oza8v5byWU1rhnd8ro1_1280.jpg

Yet she suddenly has her communicator reappear, but it's on her left wrist this time, yet her left wrist ring is missing. It's so strange to see Amy's communicator and wrist rings appear/disappear and move around between shots.
tumblr_oza8v5byWU1rhnd8ro8_1280.jpg

7 minutes ago, Swing said:

Shadow is kinda a dick in the newer games and shows. I wonder why people like him so much. 

He's not a dick in the newer games

I mean in generations you literally fight shadow from sonic adventure 2. Other than that, he's totally fine. Sonic boom is a weird version of shadow people kind of don't like. I like i looked on twitter even now and a lot of the response is " I liked the fight, I don't like this shadow" 

• Thumbs Up 2

What about Forces? If you think about it. He actually motivated Infinite to "become" even more ruthless just because Shadow.... well was dick to him.

1 hour ago, Swing said:

What about Forces? I you think about it. He actually motivated Infinite to "become" even more ruthless just because Shadow.... well a dick to him.

Being a jerk to villain doesn't count. Besides, who could guess calling someone a loser would made him go crazy.

Anyway, I didn't like finally all that much. It was fine, but I didn't loved it.

Ok, the fight scenes, were really good. Easily the best in whole cartoon and that might be enough.

Comedy is on part with whole season. Although every time Metal and Shadow are on the screen there is very little comedy. A bit weird, but I not automatically bad. I wouldn't mind funny take on Metal, but if they don't know how to do it, maybe it's better not to ruin the character.

Shadow's personality is acceptable (better than his snarling for 10 minutes, like season 1)... until the moment he wants to destroy the world for no reason. Story of this finale is a complete mess. Video game plotline is excuse for everything else (and some weak comedy. "ooh, that will make a great cut scenes dialogue" is not a joke). Lord Eggman appearing seems completely pointless .Then  you see he's here for that  'end of the world' business ... and it's fixed in easiest way possible. Last 4 minutes writers just gave up. Honestly I would prefer if they padded it with Lord Eggman or  more video game stuff.

And to be honest I find this season kinda meh. My fav episodes I like for portrait of characters ( "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er" or "Vector Detector") or even action (this one) rather then comedy. Season one wasn't perfect but I swear it made me laugh more often.

I really enjoyed the season finale. When I watched part 1, I heard Sticks' infamous high-pitched shrill, of which we've not even heard this season! Even once!

2 hours ago, Swing said:

What about Forces? If you think about it. He actually motivated Infinite to "become" even more ruthless just because Shadow.... well was dick to him.

Shadow beat up a bad guy and called him a name. If that guy decides be more evil,then siding with doctor eggman. Then isn't his fault. 

Infinite has low self esteem

21 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Infinite is better than boom Shadow

He can be, as of currently he's not. Because boom shadow, while being a poor joke in terms of set up and pay off, is still played for that, jokes. Infinite story is just terrible and disjointed and isn't an interesting enough character for us to ignore those glaring flaws. 

• Thumbs Up 2