Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

I think a 3rd season would be good.  It takes a while for any comedy to find its feet.  Even things like the audience relating to and empathising with the characters takes a couple of seasons to emerge.  A 3rd season would be nice for SB to mature beyond the foundations that its created over the past 2. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is first sneak peek

Spoiler

5a04d70846b5a_Screenshot2017-11-09at5_27_03PM.thumb.png.28e893d1446a82b5db154fb213d404c9.png

2 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Here is first sneak peek

Reveal hidden contents

5a04d70846b5a_Screenshot2017-11-09at5_27_03PM.thumb.png.28e893d1446a82b5db154fb213d404c9.png

Second one 

Spoiler

5a04d7bbcfbe4_Screenshot2017-11-09at5_28_47PM.thumb.png.f835e6d23c35d4d2539d418b8158c795.png

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I hope this series ends as epically as Beast Wars II did, so all can be forgiven.

Do you think it can make up for overused characters *cough*Dave*cough*, hit and miss writing, too many Eggman episodes, not enough Amy episodes and a lot of idiotic humor among other things? Maybe not all of that and more but maybe it can still be enjoyable.

Just now, do a barrel roll said:

If the season 2 finale is the series finale for Sonic Boom then hopefully there will be a new Sonic show in a while

What do you think it could be about?

13 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

1. A sequel series for Sonic Boom

2. A classic Sonic cartoon called Sonic Mania

3. Another Sonic anime that's like Sonic X

What ever it is, hopefully it won't be as comedy-orientated as Boom was.

• Fist Bump 1

i hope this episode won't be the last one.

i really liked this show, and i'd hate it if all new premieres being moved to boomerang was the catalyst for the series' death.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do hope SEGA considers a season 3, it really helped the voice actors fit into their roles and its a good way to kill time for them until the next 3D sonic game.

So Bill Freiberger is no longer involved in the show, when did that happen?

Not like it all matters, he never seemed to like working on the show too much anyways.

• Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

I do hope SEGA considers a season 3, it really helped the voice actors fit into their roles and its a good way to kill time for them until the next 3D sonic game.

So Bill Freiberger is no longer involved in the show, when did that happen?

Not like it all matters, he never seemed to like working on the show too much anyways.

I'm beginning to wonder if the show's often cynical tone is part of his doing. I mean he did work on the Simpsons and Drawn Together before Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the show's often cynical tone is part of his doing. I mean he did work on the Simpsons and Drawn Together before Boom.

He did say in a tweet today that 'Drawn Together' was 1 of the best shows he's ever worked on, So he doesn't hold Boom in very high regard

I don't necessarily think he hated working on this show but you could very well tell if you followed him on Twitter that his heart and passion weren't into it.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

He did say in a tweet today that 'Drawn Together' was 1 of the best shows he's ever worked on, So he doesn't hold Boom in very high regard

I don't necessarily think he hated working on this show but you could very well tell if you followed him on Twitter that his heart and passion weren't into it.

Uh... to be honest I've seen bits of the show and it looks way too raunchy for my tastes. Thought wasn't he a Sonic fan as well?

4 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

I would like to see some elements from Boom to be in a new Sonic show (if Sonic Boom doesn't get a 3rd season)

Comedy can be nice, but it should be done in moderation so that there's room for story, emotion, and character development. In addition, I hope that if there is a Season 3 that the episodes are 22-mintues instead of 11 because that caused a bunch of episodes to be rushed.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Comedy can be nice, but it should be done in moderation so that there's room for story, emotion, and character development. In addition, I hope that if there is a Season 3 that the episodes are 22-mintues instead of 11 because that caused a bunch of episodes to be rushed.

I think it depends, I think some episodes should be 11 minutes, but some should be 22 minutes. I thought Jimmy Neutron did a good job at knowing which episodes should be split into pairs, and which should be 22 minutes long. For episodes that are more focused on wanting to dispense laughs, that's where 11 minutes come in handy, but for episodes that need more time to flesh out a narrative, that's where 22 minutes come in handy. Some episodes work better in small doses, while others are more deserving of a full block. I really hope a 3rd season could bother doing that.

Hard to say what I'd rather prefer, a third season, or a new show entirely based on the modern Sonic cast. It makes you wonder how a Sonic show would look if made by the same animation studio as Sonic Boom, but with the designs and traits from the actual games. I wouldn't mind Sticks being kept in, but I kind of would like to see how a CGI Sonic show would work, that's more closely based on the designs and world of the video games. Yeah, we had Sonic X, but that was an anime, and a lot has happened since then. We still haven't seen Blaze or Silver in a Sonic cartoon. I wouldn't mind seeing how a modern Sonic show would work, as long as it relies on more than just sitcom humor, like Sonic Boom. I do like Sonic Boom, but I must admit, it's focus on comedy does hold it back at times.  It can still have humor, and even have episodes dedicated to humor, but I still want to see it try and get serious at times.

I always love Sonic games to have a good balance of humor and seriousness, while knowing how to balance it out better, that's how I think a Sonic show should be handeled. I thought Sonic Unleashed did a good job at mixing humor and serious moments, it wasn't until Sonic Colors where things were getting too silly. Sonic Forces tried going for a more serious tone, but failed miserably, yet still forced in some real awkward attempts at humor. Honestly, the only parts of Forces to make me chuckle, was Knuckles's jab at Charmy, and Sonic's response to seeing Classic Sonic again. Other than that, the rest of the game's attempt at humor was pretty out of place or embarrassing, like Orbot and Cubot calling each other "dude". 

• Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

What do you think it could be about?

Probably something much more faithful to the games.

They should simply make this show available on Netflix worldwide, it's so underrated and underwatched, because it airs on an obscure channel. I do hope we get a more game-centric cartoon next time, and not focused on comedy, but there's always the comics for that, so I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

I think the best thing to happen now with Sonic Boom the TV show is that it gets not exactly a 3rd season but a sequel series since Bill Freiberger is leaving and I see people assuming the show is going to be cancelled for example in the thread about a second dark age they say Sonic Boom is a soon to be cancelled cartoon

I mean Alan and Greg could easily take over as producers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

Why do they say the cartoon is gonna be cancelled soon? Also, I meant season 2 coming to Netflix in more countries, currently it's only available on Boomerang.