Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

6 hours ago, Mayor D said:

More likely Sonic fans flocked to it to see if there was any new footage.

Coming from the same guy who tried to claim that NEOGAF blew up on the day the Switch came out ,  not because of a new console but because of Red Dead Redemption 2? I don't think so. 

I mean c'mon, what's the point in trying to insist there isn't a huge market for Sonic with Nintendo,  y’know the one company of the big three still associated heavily with platformers?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Coming from the same guy who tried to claim that NEOGAF blew up on the day the Switch came out ,  not because of a new console but because of Red Dead Redemption 2? I don't think so. 

I....wuh, did they really claim that? By simply just comparing trailer views should tell anyone that is clearly not true. No one game is going to be more anticipated than a brand new system, it's absolute nonsense to claim otherwise. If someone is not interested in the Nintendo Switch, I completely understand, but some of the people here are desperate to hate on Nintendo and downplay any success they have.

3 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I....wuh, did they really claim that? By simply just comparing trailer views should tell anyone that is clearly not true. No one game is going to be more anticipated than a brand new system, it's absolute nonsense to claim otherwise. If someone is not interested in the Nintendo Switch, I completely understand, but some of the people here are desperate to hate on Nintendo and downplay any success they have.

It's sad but true. Such a travesty of judgement did occur. 

I feel like you guys let your biases run arguments like these too much to be honest. Like, statistics show that the Sonic games that blew up the most are multiplaform. There are Sonic fans everywhere. You can even see it here whenever a Sonic game is confirmed exclusive and there's a big controversy. It could be nintendo fans AND sonic fans checking out the trailer. 

The Red Dead argument is completely off topic, but I'd say its wise not to undersell that series. It's one of the most critically acclaimed games from one of the biggest and most popular studios of recent memory. It AND the Switch probably took a toll on the server, because both are pretty big deal.

Like, c'mon. It's pretty transparent yall are trying to pimp your console of choice and there's no real way to decide what percentage of what was responsible for this because we don't have hard statistics. This is just kind of embarrassing.

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

It's sad but true. Such a travesty of judgement did occur. 

I need a Captain Picard reaction image. Captain Fun nailed it.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

I feel like you guys let your biases run arguments like these too much to be honest. Like, statistics show that the Sonic games that blew up the most are multiplaform. There are Sonic fans everywhere. You can even see it here whenever a Sonic game is confirmed exclusive and there's a big controversy. It could be nintendo fans AND sonic fans checking out the trailer. 

The Red Dead argument is completely off topic, but I'd say its wise not to undersell that series. It's one of the most critically acclaimed games from one of the biggest and most popular studios of recent memory. It AND the Switch probably took a toll on the server, because both are pretty big deal.

This is where I stand. I think it's unwise to undersell both Nintendo and Rockstar.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Josh said:

SSMB glitch. 

SSMB GLITCH

Quote glitch,  really getting annoying.

Repeat glitch again. 

Seriously,  again with the repeated yet undeleteable quote box glitch!?

Like, c'mon. It's pretty transparent yall are trying to pimp your console of choice and there's no real way to decide what percentage of what was responsible for this because we don't have hard statistics. This is just kind of embarrassing.

Who me? Nope.  Excluding the XBONE, I'm pretty much set across the board with consoles of multiple platforms.

Make no mistake,  @Josh I don't do petty console wars. 

It could be nintendo fans AND sonic fans checking out the trailer. 

Now there are the kind of logical thought routes I crave while venturing the Internet!

31 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I need a Captain Picard reaction image. Captain Fun nailed it.

This is where I stand. I think it's unwise to undersell both Nintendo and Rockstar.

Same, man. 

Sonic does well on Nintendo, Colors is proof of that. Even underwheling games, such as Rise of Lyric and Lost World, sold more than they should have.

The simple fact though is that it isn't true to think Sonic does unusually well on Nintendo, he's done best on multiplatform, such as Sonic Heroes and Sonic 4.

Just now, EllieBot said:

Here's some Switch footage. It's an IGN video so there's nothing of interest :V

The guy playing through Green Hill towards the end has clearly never played a Sonic game before.

Ooooh lordy. This man fought for dear life dodging the mini boss with the invincibility shield, mind you lol. That gave me a good laugh.

Anyway, for anyone who's tried this, I'm wondering if all the face buttons mapped to the jump button or is it going the old backbone arcade route? Wish I could check my Sonic CD to see how they went about that before, but I have no controller to see for myself.

2 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Sonic does well on Nintendo, Colors is proof of that. Even underwheling games, such as Rise of Lyric and Lost World, sold more than they should have.

The simple fact though is that it isn't true to think Sonic does unusually well on Nintendo, he's done best on multiplatform, such as Sonic Heroes and Sonic 4.

While most of that is true, technically speaking, the best selling post Mega Drive Sonic game is the Wii version of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games from 2007 with over 7 million copies sold.

In other news the Switch collectors edition is currently unavailable on Amazon. Pretty sure they only had a few in stock. 

Just now, Zippo said:

While most of that is true, technically speaking, the best selling post Mega Drive Sonic game is the Wii version of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games from 2007 with over 7 million copies sold.

Gee, I wonder why that is...

Definitely nothing to do with Super Mario, a wildly more beloved character being in it, innit. :v

• Thumbs Up 6

24 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Who me? Nope.  Excluding the XBONE, I'm pretty much set across the board with consoles of multiple platforms.

Make no mistake,  @Josh I don't do petty console wars. 

Same. I ignore any and all "Console Warriors". Those kind of people need to turn 10 already.

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Definitely nothing to do with Super Mario, a wildly more beloved character being in it, innit. :v

Definitely not. Sega did publish it though :P

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

I mean c'mon, what's the point in trying to insist there isn't a huge market for Sonic with Nintendo,  y’know the one company of the big three still associated heavily with platformers?

"that's where the Sonic fans are..."

Maybe you're right because there's no way I could find an example to support my theory... right...?

121 retreats. 

324 likes.

Vs 

The Mass Effect response is similar to all their tweets.

In fact just look at any tweet made on that account going (I stopped at January 1st 2017). Most posts get the same stats as the Mass effect example with one or two exceptions

Yet the Sonic one exploded in popularity and as far can I see their most popular and most viewed tweet. 

Like I said. Sonic fans wanted to see if there was new information. 

• Thumbs Up 6

7 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 sold as well as they did because they were on the Wii which were sold like hot cakes at the time. I'm pretty sure the PS2 version of Sonic Heroes was the most sold version since the PS2 was the best selling system during that generation. And I wouldnt use Rise of Lyric and Lost World as an argument since RoL has been stated to be the worst selling Sonic game in the franchises history and Lost World I don't think people really  cared about since the PC port of it didn't do that well either. 

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

This too. Not to mention the novelty that Mario and Sonic are in a game together despite their history. 

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

You quoted it,  not me. 

The evidence you've shown does not disprove my claim that Sonic is popular on multiple platforms, yes, including Nintendo. 

I get the inkling @Mayor D that you mistook my stance for that of a strawman.

And I'd agree if you were arguing against the implication that Nintendo is the only place where Sonic fans,  but  your logic often comes off as a smear campaign against the idea that there's a market for Sonic on Nintendo at all. 

I mean,  can't we just agree that Sonic's popular on Sony which seems to be your preference ,  and Nintendo and call it a day without trying to belittle eithers' ?

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

And I'd agree if you were arguing against the implication that Nintendo is the only place where Sonic fans,  but  your logic often comes off as a smear campaign against the idea that there's a market for Sonic on Nintendo at all. 

Can you please explain how stating that the trailer did amazingly well because people went to see if it had new material is a smear campaign... 

Especially now that I've provided an example of another media and system where that also occurred. 

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

kL7hSit.png

kMxlU06.png

Nintendo fanboys were visited by the ghost of Takashi Iizuka and were told to view Nintendo's YouTube upload of the Sonic Mania trailer 

The above images support my theory

why are we arguing this; this is the dumbest thing to argue about, who gives a flying fox; Sonic Mania is on another platform like really why are we trying to find something to argue about? that's mid 2000's SSMB last i checked jeez I wonder why Nintendo vs Playstation is ever an issue on these forums I mean come one this is silly anyone got a quarter I'm just barely short for a soda

Smartest post I've seen all week. Sonic sells on all platforms. Who cares which is which?

*ahem*

Screenshot_2017-01-14-15-22-46-1-1.png

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Can you please explain how stating that the trailer did amazingly well because people went to see if it had new material is a smear campaign... 

I made my point clear already that you seem to have a drive against any suggestion that there's a huge fanbase in the Nintendo.

Like seriously man,  what's wrong with believing that BOTH Nintendo and Sony are in good graces?

And now it's apparently gotten to the point where you're  miscontruing the context behind it.

As well as claiming that I subscribe to the notion that

36 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Maybe you're right because there's no way I could find an example to support my theory... right...?. 

Like seriously man,  it's pretty bad when it's too the point that you're chasing after the wrong people like me. 

1 minute ago, Azoo said:

Do you guys think there's a more complex plot to this than "Sonic, Tails and Knuckles go whoop up Egg ass"? I'm feeling like there's a lot we're missing in regards of potential narrative, considering the Sonic Island and all (unless it's just aesthetic). Should we expect 3K esque cutscenes, if any? Because I'm feeling like we should.

It's already confirmed that Mania will have cutscenes similar to 3&K but in terms of complexity, I doubt it. Classic Sonic is pretty simple in terms of its story, makes sense to not go for a complex story. As long as Mania's cutscenes are as cleverly done as 3&K's, it's already one of the best Sonic stories we have to date.

• Thumbs Up 2