Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, molul said:

Is Buxer on Twitter? I can totally see a campaign here xD

No, and going from his Gametraiers interview, he really doesn't want to be bothered with the whole thing.

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

No, and going from his Gametraiers interview, he really doesn't want to be bothered with the whole thing.

Then he should just let Sega use his songs!

JK ;)

Hopefully is US$14,99. If is more expensive than this people will bash this game just because of the price.

9.99 is too low.

Most would want or expect 14.99. That's the sweet spot.

It'll probably be 19.99

I'd pay 29.99, personally.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Jango said:

I would pay 39.

I would probably pay that because I'm a sucker for a Sonic game but at that point I'd be pissed we weren't getting a physical release. I'd be fine dropping $40 to get Sonic Mania on a Switch cartridge. 

6 hours ago, Jango said:

I would pay 39.

Back in the 90's Sonic 1, 2 & 3 each cost £39.99. I imagine SEGA Saturn games were about the same price?

So yeah, I'd be happy to pay £39.99, although I think a price of £19.99 seems about right for 2017.

I checked my PS3 transaction history and Sonic 4 Ep2 cost £9.99 (day one purchase). Considering how much more replay value we'll get out of Mania I think a price tag of £20 is easily justified.

Mind you I'm paying £80 for the PS4 Collectors Edition and I'm also get the normal Steam version. Price is no object for me when it comes to classic Sonic :D

There's gonna be a Japanese NicoNico livestream on Mania soon. Just make sure to know that you need a NicoNico account to watch streams on there.

Here's hoping they'll show off new information then.

• Thumbs Up 6

7 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

There's gonna be a Japanese NicoNico livestream on Mania soon. Just make sure to know that you need a NicoNico account to watch streams on there.

Here's hoping they'll show off new information then.

I hope they show off Act 2 of Green Hill :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Is anyone else planning on buying multiple versions of the game at this point?

I'm definitely going to get it for the Switch so I can take it on the go with me, but I'm debating getting it on my PS4 as well if there's any performance differences. If there ends up being an iOS version I will definitely buy that. I bought Taxman's Sonic CD on PS3 and iOS and I'm really glad I did since that game obviously did well enough to get us Taxman's Sonic 1 and 2 plus Mania.

I hope if Mania does well enough we might see more original games by Taxman.

I'm guessing 19.99. If it's indeed a very big game, then that seems about right.

I don't want to see much more in terms of stages, maybe an act 2 of a retro level, complete with boss fight, just to get an idea of what to expect out of Robotnik battles. What I want more than anything is a release date, and some confirmation on the number of stages and other features. Tell me when I can get the game, how long it is, if there's online multiplayer, etc. Let me discover all the zones and surprises on my own. I know Taxman said he's going to leave plenty under wraps for people to discover themselves, and that's cool, but in my experience, most of each Sonic game gets spoiled before release, one way or another.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Mania sells well enough to convince Sega to release physical copies of it, I'm curious what its price point would be then. Judging from Shovel Knight's physical release it could be around $20, but since the Switch uses a cartridge format I wonder if there would be a difference there.

2 hours ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

I know Taxman said he's going to leave plenty under wraps for people to discover themselves, and that's cool, but in my experience, most of each Sonic game gets spoiled before release, one way or another.

I've got my fingers crossed that I don't run across anything that spoils anything too major until I at least complete it, but knowing how YouTube works I'm sure I'll get bombarded with videos sporting thumbnails revealing some of the game's best secrets.

1 hour ago, Maxtiis said:

If Mania sells well enough to convince Sega to release physical copies of it, I'm curious what its price point would be then. Judging from Shovel Knight's physical release it could be around $20, but since the Switch uses a cartridge format I wonder if there would be a difference there.

I've got my fingers crossed that I don't run across anything that spoils anything too major until I at least complete it, but knowing how YouTube works I'm sure I'll get bombarded with videos sporting thumbnails revealing some of the game's best secrets.

For sure. If a demo is released to the public or youtubers get the game in advance, that's going to be a sure fire way to get a tremendous amount of Mania spoiled. I hope they refrain from doing either of those things. Reveal what they believe makes sense to reveal and then release it to everyone at the same time. I try my best to avoid spoilers for things I'm anticipating, but the very nature of the internet makes that increasingly difficult to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just gonna leave this here:

T8SMKuo.jpg

https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225645-Sonic-Mania-Placeholder-Price-Switch

A physical preorder listing was just listed at the EB Games website. May mean a physical release may be coming to the Switch, perhaps?

Coulda waited for @Hero of Legend to report on it, but eh =P

9 hours ago, FReaK said:

SSMB should setup a motobug stream just for that.

Actually, while I was unsure of whether or not it would be possible to pull off at first, being locked behind a registration wall and all, (have bad experiences with sites like that) I actually managed to get the source link from one of the videos up and running on the channel. So, maybe it's possible? Gonna have to wait till the stream's channel is up before I'm sure, though.

Coincidentally, it was a vid @Tracker_TD made on Mania as a Japanese Saturn game ad. Looks like someone on the other side of the pond is a fan of his work, I guess :V

Edit: Or, I could just try a live channel from the get go.. *shrug*

Took a different method to get it to work, and I had to register an account to access the code in the first place, but I did get it to work nonetheless.

The stream's weird, though, in that it will kick non-premium, yet registered users out of the stream if too many people are watching, so I guess we'd better hope a Sonic stream wouldn't be that popular over there in the first place, lmao

Once SEGA sets up their stream, I can have it embedded on Motobug, sure! No registering required if you watch it that way.

• Thumbs Up 7

30 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Just gonna leave this here:

T8SMKuo.jpg

https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225645-Sonic-Mania-Placeholder-Price-Switch

A physical preorder listing was just listed at the EB Games website. May mean a physical release may be coming to the Switch, perhaps?

Coulda waited for @Hero of Legend to report on it, but eh =P

I did on the site! XD

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/01/rumor-eb-games-australia-lists-a-retail-release-for-sonic-mania-on-nintendo-switch/

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

Okay but

who reported it first >:D

It really doesn't matter, though, since I took it from your topic on Neogaf in the first place; it's still your news credit :V

33 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Oh hell that would be soo unfair if theirs only 1 physical version and its on the switch.

Well I mean, it is being handled by another developer, Tantalus. And for all we know, they might be doing it because Nintendo commissioned it. Maybe they feel like they could take the risk to fund a physical release, being a more storage-limited device out of the box, and Sega gave them the go ahead?

That's my guess for it, anyways.

13 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Play Asia also have a physical listing.

http://www.play-asia.com/sonic-mania/13/70av9n

Okay yeah it's happening now

• Thumbs Up 4

In one sense it's kind of a bizarre choice, discs have always been cheaper to produce than cartridges as far as I'm aware, unless I have a misunderstanding of current technology and SD Card-esque cards like 3DS and Switch use have become cheaper than Blu-Rays.

• Thumbs Up 1