Awoo.

Sonic Mania (August 15th 2017, Christian Whitehead, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) - The New Classic

Ryannumber1gamer

13 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

Announcement trailer just went live on the official Nintendo channel.

Nothing new, but the Switch logo is in it now. 

CALLED IT. FUCKING YES! Sonic Mania on the go!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

Well....fuck. Welp i was wrong and I am a man of my word. 

This is weird...I'm looking up the collector editions right now on Amazon and apparently there's a date of April 25th, 2017 next to the titles for the PS4 and Xbone collector editions. They could very well be much as a placeholder date as May 31st as the PC one still has that date under 'this item will be released on' message...but the 25th falls on a Tuesday, which typically games come out on here in North America right? 

1 hour ago, Ruki185 said:

Awsome. Looks like I'll be getting a switch afterall. 2 sonic games, a new mario game and the Zelda game.=3

It was kind of the confirmation of this and the Mario game that got me interested though.XD

Otherwise I would have gotten mania on steam.

Now to save up some money.

Green Hill act 2 seems like it will have a very interesting feeling to it. I just love the artwork in the background. Final Fever could very likely be in the game. I actually hope we will see it in the final game. It would be interesting to see it have something from both Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&K egg mechs combined and the time travel gimmick in it.

AALhNNH.jpg

MORE NEWS IN THE MORNING! 

Nintendo is also insisting a physical copy is coming on their site.

It's also playable today at the Switch event.

Apparently the port is being handled by Tantulus, they ported Twilight Princess and Mass Effect 3 to Wii U. Probably an Australian connection :P

• Thumbs Up 4

The thread title needs updated now. ;)

I'm so stoked that this is coming to Switch, it just made too much sense to ignore their biggest audience for the most anticipated game in the franchise for gamers in such a long time. 

I was concerned that they'd pull a Sonic 4 on us. But was happily proven wrong and have decided the platform to get the game. Mania during teaching breaks is now happening ;)

Edit: potential physical copy too?! Oh please be true.

Clicking through to the retailer (particularly Amazon) just leads to the Collector's Edition, unsurprisingly. Could just mean that.

Hm, I would like a physical copy but the collector's edition with a digital copy is great as well. I hope they make a physical collector's edition 

Someone gotta switch this thread's title so it's up to date! Taxman basically confirmed it in one of his tweets months ago. 

Now it's a matter of when and how. Will it be released at the same time as the other versions or later, and will it have a physical release or also digital-only? If it comes physical, I will no doubt buy the game twice: digital for Steam and the Switch retail when I get the console.

YUS. I mean, I was fairly certain it'd come to to Switch, but confirmation is nice. I'd hate to miss out on this bad boy until I get a PS4 in the far, far future.

Considering the fact that Sonic CD 2011 missed out on Nintendo consoles exclusively and there were no plans to bring the mobile remasters of 1 and 2 to consoles at all, I think Sonic Mania coming to the Switch is notable. It's sensible, but sensible in the same way Zelda being a launch title for the Switch was. It's never a guarantee.

It's great to have confirmation. I now have an excuse to buy this game at least twice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am eating so much crow today, anyways. Didn't think for a second Mania would get announced last night. Bloody hell, SEGA, this and Puyo - you're spoiling us!

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaron's at the event on the Treehouse Stream. We should be getting more news soon.

Edit: Jirard is playing it on stream too!

Happy for all you Switch guys.

As for Mania coming to Switch...

Spoiler

NEVER DOUBTED THAT FOR A MOMENT :P

Appparently Tantalus media are porting Mania to Switch and not Taxman & Co.

Lets hope Mania sells well (as well as the Nintendo Switch) to help boost sales of the game, to give it every chance of a sequel a few years down the line.

All we need now is confirmation of a physical release and footage of Green Hill act2 :D

• Thumbs Up 6

29 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

LOL!

People still seriously believe this?

Well it's a very well known urban myth, and considering how Sonic is generally more associated with Nintendo then with any other company. It makes sense for people to still believe this in myth.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

LOL!

People still seriously believe this?

Unless he's referring to the 3DS, no, not really. There are a lot of Nintendo fans that happen to be Sonic fans, though.