Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

33 minutes ago, Tara said:

That ring looks like the graduation rings that my school was selling during my senior year of high school.  Aside from the fact that it has a blue gem and Sonic's name on it, it doesn't really intrigue me that much

It does have some more details on the sides. 

Class_2_1024x1024.jpg?v=1465510531Class_3_1024x1024.jpg?v=1465510532

I think it's one of the better pieces of merch we've got in a while.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, the classic Sonic carved on the side is a nice little touch.  I don't think anyone would actually see that unless they were looking for it, though.  Not big on the overall design, though, personally.  It's not a bad thing, just not my aesthetic.

Might as well go through how SEGA's social media over in Japan handled today (now that the 23rd is over in Japan):

It also appears there's a Sonic photobook, based on the many photos of the Sonic Joypolis plush SEGA_OFFICIAL have posted on Twitter over the past few years. Have to wonder if it'll go on sale...

SEGA_NWS' mascot donned Sonic gear for the day!

There was a 'challenge' of sorts for you and friends to spell out Sonic... with yourselves! 

The Project DIVA SEGA account celebrated by mentioning the Sonic outfit for Project DIVA Future Tone, released yesterday. It's free regardless of whether you buy the Future Sound or Colourful Tone song pack. 

The Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX account made note of the Sonic related stages in DFC, Green Hill and his cameo in the SEGA HARD GIRLS stage.

Finally, the Puyo Puyo Twitter mentioned the collaborative Sonic x Puyo Anniversary events that've been held in Japan lately. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Really? I guess it makes sense considering Sonic Team's been going through some pretty heavy restructuring.

Haha the game hasn't even started development apparently and it's comming out next year (and apparently won't even START development until next year?) . Goooood

What the fuck was Sega doing the past three years? 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think it means that they're starting development next year.

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt it literally means that they're starting development next year. Otherwise there's nothing to talk about at the July 22nd party.

If it does though then I'm bailing for a good year or two, lol.

• Thumbs Up 8

20 minutes ago, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

I don't think it means that they're starting development next year.

No-no. Iizuka-san said we'll announce in 2017 (it's meaning for Japan).

But American people just wait July 22. In San Diego maybe they will announce new Sonic game.

And he confirm livestream from San Diego, waiting for more info. :)

• Thumbs Up 7

If the game is coming in 2017, I'm sure they'll have something else for this year.

SEGA's had a very 90s-era sort of confidence on social media recently but I'm not sure they've got the bottle to string this out for over half a year, get a load of fans in one place and then at last tell them all that they've got one thing on the go and they'll be waiting six months to a year to get their hands on it.

Whether it's a new collection game. a downloadable title, a Sonic 1 HD remake I'm sure they've got something for release this year. I just can't see M&S 2016 and Boom being the entirety of this year.

I was kind of thinking that when the end of Big's Fishing Adventure was talking about a delay. Too bad. 

2 hours ago, Woun said:

325256.jpg

Just starting new project in 2017.

Woun you have to elaborate on this man as soon as you get some more info.

I'm gonna be seriously ticked off if Aaron has been jerking us around and making us wait until July 22th for absolutely fucking nothing.

I don't think it's referring to "starting dev" in 2017 or another game. It does appear that this is the next main Sonic game, else why would they announce a main 2017 game before a main 2016 game? 

GAF's translations also saying it says "started", not "starting" or something. That's a release. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The good thing seems to be that Sonic Teams doesn't rush the next main game. Even if they miss out the 25th anniversary.

So this could well be the big Sonic game for the main consoles. Perhaps we'll see a trailer for it on July 22 alongside another, smaller Sonic game coming out at the end of this year.

Or there really is just Sonic Boom and nothing else to celebrate Sonic's 25th with, lel

I think they'll show Fire and Ice, a Season 2 trailer, and maybe a peep of the 2017 Sonic game.

4 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

The good thing seems to be that Sonic Teams doesn't rush the next main game. Even if they miss out the 25th anniversary.

Well if rumors are correct, it's been in development since around Generations. There is no way they would miss out on the 25th anniversary. It'll be announced on July 22nd and it'll come out in November like usual. I hope...

38 minutes ago, Terriful said:

Well if rumors are correct, it's been in development since around Generations. There is no way they would miss out on the 25th anniversary. It'll be announced on July 22nd and it'll come out in November like usual. I hope...

Nope:

NL: Thank you for joining us. First of all, can you give us a background on the team working on Sonic Lost World for the Wii U?

Takashi Iizuka:
 After the development of “Sonic Colors” ended, a few core members started the experiments for “Sonic Lost World”. And after development of “Sonic Generations” ended, all the members got together and development for “Sonic Lost World” fully started.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/interview_sega_on_bringing_sonic_lost_world_to_wii_u_and_3ds

I'm guessing the rumor exists cause of the "Sonic Team consists of a Colors/Lost World team and Unleashed/Generations team" theory that's been floating around for some time even though it's actually bullshit. You can check for yourself by comparing the credits of the games. :V

17 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

Nope:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/interview_sega_on_bringing_sonic_lost_world_to_wii_u_and_3ds

I'm guessing the rumor exists cause of the "Sonic Team consists of a Colors/Lost World team and Unleashed/Generations team" theory that's been floating around for some time even though it's actually bullshit. You can check for yourself by comparing the credits of the games. :V

Huh. Well still. If Sega doesn't release an anniversary game this year I don't think it'll turn out as well as they hoped. And even so, it's been in development since Lost World which gives us about 3 years worth of development time.

7 minutes ago, Terriful said:

Huh. Well still. If Sega doesn't release an anniversary game this year I don't think it'll turn out as well as they hoped. And even so, it's been in development since Lost World which gives us about 3 years worth of development time.

When they release it means... practically nothing.

The only reason folks expected an Anniversary game is just that; their own expectation. There's nothing "holding" SEGA to a 'big Anniversary game' every five years but fan expectations. 

Even then as I said, even half-jokingly, Sonic technically only turned 25 2 days ago. Technically the 25th Anniversary just started. 

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

When they release it means... practically nothing.

The only reason folks expected an Anniversary game is just that; their own expectation. There's nothing "holding" SEGA to a 'big Anniversary game' every five years but fan expectations. 

Even then as I said, even half-jokingly, Sonic technically only turned 25 2 days ago. Technically the 25th Anniversary just started. 

Well can you blame fans. Sega for the past 3 anniversary's have released a game. Sonic 3d blast, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic 06, Sonic Generations, ???. So to have fans expecting this to continue is not unnatural. I am only sad and a little annoyed as I will bet everything the only reason they are pushing it to 2017 is to cater to nintendo and give them something for their nx launch.