Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

Oh yeah, the exclusivity worked soooo well with Sonic Lost World that the game had to be ported to PC to try and make extra profit ??

SEGA, this is not Uncharted, this is Sonic, don't be freaking stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1

It can be on the NX if it wants to. Just don't be exclusive. If the only way I can get to play Sonic is if I have to buy the NX after they abandoned the Wii U I'll be trapped in a swirling chaos of not knowing what to do.

Nintendo: Ah yes. You could say we left quite a number of our fans crying like... an anime fan on prom night. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! 

I agree with what I said and some are saying. I highly doubt it will be exclusive. Sega is a bit smarter than that but having it ready in time for the NX is plausible. Only time will tell. Nintendo is set to talk about the game later this year. TGS? Maybe, regardless I think we will have more solid footing by October is noting else.

On 6/25/2016 at 5:09 AM, goku262002 said:

Woun you have to elaborate on this man as soon as you get some more info.

I'm gonna be seriously ticked off if Aaron has been jerking us around and making us wait until July 22th for absolutely fucking nothing.

I know I'm reading this way late but I was/ am already ticked off cuz of all of theses announcements of announcements. Let's hope that this 2017 is another game that they were developing along with  the anniversary title. 

Is there a specific reasoning behind wanting the new game to be part of the anniversary? If they continue their current trend of making mainline games every 5 years, that would mean each one would be for an anniversary, which seems pointless.

Id rather the new game have nothing to do with the anniversary. Less chance for it to be a rehash of previous material. 

• Thumbs Up 5

24 minutes ago, Riverstone said:

Is there a specific reasoning behind wanting the new game to be part of the anniversary? If they continue their current trend of making mainline games every 5 years, that would mean each one would be for an anniversary, which seems pointless.

Id rather the new game have nothing to do with the anniversary. Less chance for it to be a rehash of previous material. 

Yeah, definitely this. I think most just use "anniversary game" because we're in proximity to it, but it's like the mythical "Sonic Adventure 3" title; it's hardly going to wind up having much impact on the game unless they pull another Generations, and that would have its own slew of issues so eh. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Imagine this, the "Sonic 2017 Project Starting Now" actually means starting now, so said game will only be released in time for the 30th anniversary :lol:

Seriously tho, I don't think calling it an anniversary game means they will rehash stuff, Sonic Adventure 2 didn't. Well, except Green Hill, but that was a bonus level. Neither did Sonic 06 (lol).

I think it's less a desire for a game based around the anniversary specifically as much as the timing being opportune.  Not that they couldn't release new games any time, but it seems like with all the hype surrounding the 25th anniversary, they'd use it to announce something of importance.  Especially given the drought we've been experiencing in regards to main series Sonic games, which Boom was supposedly not intended to replace.

• Thumbs Up 8

Hmm!  It is good that the event is just a few weeks away.  the tension really is building!!

Somewhere in the part of SSMB that was lost (so, about two years back) was a thread describing that Hunnid-P mentioned working on a new Sonic project, but did so very quietly if i remember correctly?

While many people tend to know Sonic & Knuckles as being essentially a part of Sonic 3, the game was still released on its own..! 

I do wonder at least a bit if there would somehow be (with the latent popularity of " & Knuckles" even included a bit in the decision) a Sonic & Knuckles 2 ??  ^_^:o 

That is my farfetched guess for what may be going on here: Not at all necessarily a plot sequel but a new game with both Sonic and Knuckles playable as the two main characters, potentially including any others. 

21 hours ago, Riverstone said:

I don't remember this trend.

Oh hey, that actually wasn't too bad of an interview and so far, the comments have been decent so far though those snippy jabs at the current direction was unnecessary to say the least. And I strongly agree with Aaron how True Sonic Spirit isn't really true to everyone, I mean I would love to see something epic and action-packed like the Unleashed opening but that doesn't mean I'm any less ok with Boom or he silly meta stuff like BBFA3 and the social media. But that's just me so meh.

I feel like while the interview didn't really flatout harass him or anything bad like that, it pretty much seemed like most of it was just egging on things he has no say in and beating a dead horse at that.  Wasn't the horrible interview I thought it would be or anything, but nothing professional or particularly interesting about it for that matter.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Tracker said:
It's so... so beautiful. I might cry.

Is that because the odds of Persona 5 bombing in the west just went up?

Seriously, Deep Silver has been utter trash lately. 

Dead Island, 

Mighty No 9.

Homefront the Revolution.

Bunch of others that I could mention, Deep Silver is one of the worst publishers you could have right now. 

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Dead Island, 

Mighty No 9.

Bunch of others that I could mention, Deep Silver is one of the worst publishers you could have right now. 

All of those games were pants though, at least as far as general opinion seems to go. Persona 5's a big one, with plenty of solid hype behind it and reasonable expectation that it's going to be good. 

Even then, I'm happy because holy shit, SEGA games in Europe again. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Dead Island, 

Mighty No 9.

I mean, Deep Silver also published Killer is Dead, Catherine, they own Saints Row now, the Metro series, and are in the process of publishing King of Fighters XIV, Bloodstained and they also announced Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, so I have the utmost faith in them right now

I know you're going to mention some shit like Ride to Hell but fucking hell, give them a chance.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Dead Island, 

Mighty No 9.

So going by your logic, Deep Silver publishing Sega's games in Europe is going to make them utter trash.

Uh huh.

Seriously, aside from Mighty No. 9 (though in that case their shitty trailer was just the cherry on top), Deep Silver's marketing didn't really have much to do with those games bombing. Actually, Dead Island didn't even bomb, it sold more than five million copies. It was more those games just not being very good.

And I don't think the games being bad is Deep Silver's fault either. They're usually about as good as what the studios that make them usually put out.

At least this is better than Sega Europe, who would maaayyyybe publish these games if they felt like it and then push them out with little to no marketing.

15 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

So going by your logic, Deep Silver publishing Sega's games in Europe is going to make them utter trash.

No deep silvers handling of the franchises they publish does that.

They've been an utter joke lately, wasn't too long ago that people were openly taking about them being the next THQ given how badly they'd been handling their marketing as of late.

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

No deep silvers handling of the franchises they publish does that.

Good thing they're not handling the franchises and are only publishing/localizing the games then.

Also, I address that stuff in the rest of my post. I did edit it all in later but still. :V

Just now, TimmiT said:

Good thing they're not handling the franchises and only publishing/localizing the games then.

Yes.. thank you. That's my point. 

Just now, Mayor D said:

Yes.. thank you. That's my point. 

...Then how will this make the odds of the games bombing in the west go up?

1 minute ago, TimmiT said:

...Then how will this make the odds of the games bombing in the west go up?

Because if your promotion of a game is shit your games don't sell regardless as to quality?

Do we need to bring up games like Binary Domain, every Platinum Game under Sega. 

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Because if your promotion of a game is shit your games don't sell regardless as to quality?

Do we need to bring up games like Binary Domain, every Platinum Game under Sega. 

Yes those are examples of Sega fucking up with publishing.

Now tell me how Deep Silver is worse than Sega with publishing. :V