Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

10 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

From the description of Sega Europe's E3 stream tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdwG9_q1cuY

So seems like some Europe-specific news about Sonic tomorrow.

Okay, that's weird on two different levels. Level one: News for Europe on event in America (I now why it's this way. It's just kinda funny :D ). Level two: What type of Sonic news can be Europe centric? Something about Lego Dimensions? I don't think thats the case. Maybe a fan event? I don't think that news will be connected with games or       re-releases, they wouldn't specify a region then. What else do we got? Sonic Boom DVD release? It isn't big enough... Did they confirmed Fire & Ice for Europe?

Maybe some reprints of Sonic the Comic??? Like, in volumes or something? I now it won't hapen but... plz...?

was fire and ice's special edition confirmed for the EU yet? if not, guessing that's it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure it's Boom related, unless they're getting something that America hasn't gotten yet...

13 minutes ago, Auto said:

Why does Sega love the UK so much

Ahaha no they don't.

Though seriously: it's because Sega Europe's office is in the UK. They don't seem to care much about console/handheld games though and have lately been shitty with publishing Sega America's localisations.

36 minutes ago, Auto said:

Because tea and we wear those silly hats.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Auto said:

Because british accent better than american.

• Thumbs Up 9

Seems like a lot of effort if it's just something like confirmation of 3DS classics coming to Europe, so maybe it's something bigger...

Maybe a remake of Sonic 1 coming exclusive to Europe :P

Nah. Every single other Sonic game is coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility and Europe get first dibs.

8 hours ago, Auto said:

Because they secretly hate the letter R.

4 hours ago, JenScreePrimal said:

Seems like a lot of effort if it's just something like confirmation of 3DS classics coming to Europe, so maybe it's something bigger...

Maybe a remake of Sonic 1 coming exclusive to Europe :P

SEGA are reviving STC? Battletoads in an official Sonic game?

Well, don't know what to think, since it is going to be said on a video-game convention and it is SEGA Europe, that specializes mostly on PC gaming, I think we are getting some Sonic on PC, unless I don't know why should this be so exciting.

But of course I'm wrong. :P

Edit: I've just read this:

and I am going pass this like SEGA didn't say anything before the event. :) 

Edited by Spееdy

I'm still planning on tuning into it so I know how jealous to be or not to be so I can passively angst about it on Twitter.

At first I thought it was more general news for EU fans, and got excited because I thought that maybe Sega Europe were actually localising some games, but nope, it's exclusively Sonic EU news, so I know not to be excited.

Say, here's a thought, what if the later announcement is to synchronize with the reveal of the NX?

18 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Say, here's a thought, what if the later announcement is to synchronize with the reveal of the NX?

First off: nope.

Second off:why?

1 minute ago, Tails spin said:

First off: nope.

Second off:why?

Why not? Nintendo has a strong relationship with Sonic, they pushed back their release, SEGA pushed back theirs. Nintendo's after as strong a release lineup as they can, and a great sonic game would help.

Also why are you so anti-Nintendo lately? you're acting like they can't have anything good or have anything good happen to them

I don't think the reasons for the late announcement have anything to do with NX, but if the game comes out in 2017 then I'm fully expecting an NX version.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Why not? Nintendo has a strong relationship with Sonic, they pushed back their release, SEGA pushed back theirs. Nintendo's after as strong a release lineup as they can, and a great sonic game would help.

Also why are you so anti-Nintendo lately? you're acting like they can't have anything good or have anything good happen to them

Nintendo's not going to synchro their release to a third party hedgehog.

And I'm not anti-Nintendo, I'm just being realistic 

No, but a third-party hedgehog might synchro their release to Nintendo, especially if they offered publishing assistance as a perk for doing so.  I don't have any opinion myself on the likelihood of this turn of events, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

It all depends on SEGA. Currently the PS4 and XB1 userbase outstrips the Wii U's userbase by a ridiculous margin. Do they think it'd be worthwhile to invest in an entirely new Nintendo platform.

To be honest, if they release the game around the time of the NX launch, then I'd be honestly surprised if they didn't.

That'd be the machine translation doing it. Here's the original

http://ecareerjs.jp/positions/17227231

★昔から人気の高い、青いつんつん頭が
 特徴のハリネズミキャラで人気のゲーム、
 3D復刻版に携わります!
★PS4/XBOX版のゲーム制作になります

• Thumbs Up 1