Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

It specifically mentions it's a 3D "reprint" of a blue hedgehog character from the old days.

EDIT: interpreting google translate, so likely full of errors:

"Highly popular in the old days,

a blue-headed aloof character features in a famous game,

involved in a 3d game reprint!"

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, The KKM said:

It specifically mentions it's a 3D "reprint" of a blue hedgehog character from the old days.

EDIT: interpreting google translate, so likely full of errors:

Well fuck me! It's... guys... it's happening???

28 minutes ago, The KKM said:

What is happening here? What are they "3d reprinting"? The original trilogy? Remakeing Adventure series? Is it even for Sonic?

What's happening? The way this is described, I'd guess at best "further classic Sonic ports to the 3DS". Even if it's for Sonic Team's game, the fact this ad was posted a couple months ago would probably just confirm it'll be 2017 at the earliest we see anything relating to a game.

It's about time to mentalise overall that Fire and Ice will be the anniversary game. Hell, at this point, wouldn't be surprised the real reason for its delay was getting it to fit in this year to fill the space left by no Sonic Team game.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, in my reinterpretation I forgot to add hedgehog in- I don't know much japanese at all, but they do specifically mention "harinezumi" there. Combined with "blue-headed aloof", I'd say that pretty much confirms it's related to Sonic, question now being, what exactly.

• Thumbs Up 1

(PS4 and Xbox one)...

I really hope these don't end up being the only systems... It's understandable, of course, but for me personally, I can only hope for a PC or NX port or I'll be unable to play it :(

Not that I'm really expecting a 3D remake of Sonic 1,2,3&K and or CD... But if they did... imagine if they combined all those games into 1 huge game? That'd be pretty crazy!

Wasn't there a rumor of Sonic Colors being ported over to Steam back in January? I wonder if that's a possibility.

7 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Wasn't there a rumor of Sonic Colors being ported over to Steam back in January? I wonder if that's a possibility.

PC ports are generally handled by Sega Europe, so a Japanese job ad wouldn't be for that.

True. though it baffles me as to what SEGA of Japan would do here. If Sonic is being largely handled by the west now, what would this private Japanese company be useful for?

Possibly remastering something while SOA work on the new game? Remasters are generally handed off to third parties.

This is the thing about rumors, they raise more questions than answer them. lol

I guess I'll need to see any possible developments on this, because wow I don't think I've ever been so divided on a rumor before.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Not that I'm really expecting a 3D remake of Sonic 1,2,3&K and or CD... But if they did... imagine if they combined all those games into 1 huge game? That'd be pretty crazy!

I still think a remake of Sonic 1 very likely due to it being the 25th anniversary. 

Just to confirm: no info about a new Sonic game for the 25th anniversary was given at E3, right? At least I find nothing in Google.

Nope, if anything it seems very likely at this point that it's going to be revealed at the party. Maybe a tease on the 23rd but won't be holding my breath on that one.

45 minutes ago, molul said:

Just to confirm: no info about a new Sonic game for the 25th anniversary was given at E3, right? At least I find nothing in Google.

Yeah, apparently the official response to people on the floor asking about the new Sonic game was 'wait for the party', which is as close to confirmation as we're going to get.

Thanks! Well, actually that was expected, but I wanted to confirm if there was any surprise at E3. 

July 22nd is the date!

4 hours ago, molul said:

SSMB would be in flames if this were the case. You didn't miss anything :P

• Thumbs Up 4

It just makes no sense to me to wait that long. Wouldn't it be a more logical decision to reveal it at E3 where everyone's eyes are turned to right now? No better way than that to make the masses interested. A reveal at the party will only make us hardcore fans hyped, unless of course will only be released in over a year and will be at the next E3. That doesn't detract from the fact that a reveal at E3 would cause a bigger ruckus.

SEGA is amazing, this company does EVERYTHING the exact opposite way other companies do things.

I'm sorry, but this really confuses me cause its so illogical.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems to me there's a pretty good argument that, if everyone else is announcing things, showing off and hyping their games at E3, then there's every danger of simply getting lost in the hubbub.  Announcing your game at a time when there's nothing else major going on in the gaming world seems like it stands a better chance of dominating the news cycle and getting the word out to simply everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FFWF said:

It seems to me there's a pretty good argument that, if everyone else is announcing things, showing off and hyping their games at E3, then there's every danger of simply getting lost in the hubbub.  Announcing your game at a time when there's nothing else major going on in the gaming world seems like it stands a better chance of dominating the news cycle and getting the word out to simply everyone.

Well if that's their logic than I can't help but not have faith that the new game will be something all that special. If SEGA thinks their game isn't good enough to be noticed by people at E3, then I'm tempted to think it's not that great.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they announce game at 25th Anniversery Party, they can still showcase it at Gamescom. 

• Thumbs Up 1