Awoo.

Sega Plans 2016 Thread "Join us for Dancing with the Sonic" "25th party livestream links in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

55 minutes ago, pppp said:

It just makes no sense to me to wait that long. Wouldn't it be a more logical decision to reveal it at E3 where everyone's eyes are turned to right now? No better way than that to make the masses interested. A reveal at the party will only make us hardcore fans hyped, unless of course will only be released in over a year and will be at the next E3. That doesn't detract from the fact that a reveal at E3 would cause a bigger ruckus.

SEGA is amazing, this company does EVERYTHING the exact opposite way other companies do things.

I'm sorry, but this really confuses me cause its so illogical.

Imagine the following, though: there actually is no big Sonic Team anniversary game. Wouldn't it suddenly be logical?

• Thumbs Up 1

They have teased in interviews during E3 that they'll do their big reveals at the 25th anniversary party.

And it does make sense for them not to reveal it at E3 because anything that isn't shown at the presentations of the big companies isn't going to get much attention. A Sonic game reveal would get a lot more attention at its own event than if they'd just drop a trailer during E3 while everyone is busy talking about the new Zelda.

1 hour ago, The KKM said:

Imagine the following, though: there actually is no big Sonic Team anniversary game. Wouldn't it suddenly be logical?

Except Aaron already told us there is a game in development in that tweet.

12 minutes ago, pppp said:

Well yeah, there's probably always a Sonic game in development. Doesn't mean that it's ready to be shown though.

54 minutes ago, pppp said:

Has he ever said specifically "a Sonic Team game"?

1 hour ago, The KKM said:

Has he ever said specifically "a Sonic Team game"?

To be fair here, he never mentioned Sonic Team. You were the one who brought them up. :V

Fair enough, but I think that's what people mean when they're talking about the anniversary game- a big mainline game by ST :V

14 hours ago, Myst said:

So, I came across a tweet on Alex Hirsch's Twitte from Dec. 2015..

https://mobile.twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/679432124005400576

Then a few months later, he posts THIS..

gravity-falls-sega.jpg

HMMMM..

At this point everything is both a possibility and speculation, but I don't think that he will write a story for Sonic 25. Maybe for a new one. Maybe. And even then, there was a think that a the same time (2 weeks earlier) he was in a Pokemon Company bulding (i think) so it is very unlikely. Possible at best.

22 hours ago, Myst said:

So, I came across a tweet on Alex Hirsch's Twitte from Dec. 2015..

https://mobile.twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/679432124005400576

Then a few months later, he posts THIS..

gravity-falls-sega.jpg

HMMMM..

We went through this ages ago. 

He also visited companies like TRIGGER and The Pokemon Company; I don't see him writing for them.

• Thumbs Up 4

Assuming a 25th anniversary title really is in the works, what can we glean from its unusually late-in-the-year reveal date?

I think it's especially curious that the game's reveal appears poised to skip even the actual 25th anniversary date this week. Why hold off until the July 22nd party for a simple reveal? What does the extra month gain?

I'm wondering if maybe this indicates we aren't getting a proper console/disc release, and instead the game will launch as a downloadable title immediately (or almost immediately) after its reveal. If SEGA is planning a same-day reveal/release, it might explain why they're waiting until the party to show it off. Maybe an extra month of dev time to polish up a few things was necessary.

Dunno if this is just a bit of fun, but the Sonic Japan Twitter posted this;

Looks like a bit of merchandise, possibly?

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Dunno if this is just a bit of fun, but the Sonic Japan Twitter posted this;

Looks like a bit of merchandise, possibly?

it roughly translates-

"Chara looking for land" problem page of looking for mistakes to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Sonic at 8-September issue of the sale than Shufutoseikatsusha is (*'ω `*)! Please try to take your hand by all means

Looks like it's a part of a magazine, a puzzle page, we have to find the mistakes. Said Magazine is coming on September 8th?

4 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Spot the difference maybe?

Oooh yeah that may actually be the case!

Almost certainly.  Even through the blur, I can actually see one difference already (because it's a colour difference).

2 hours ago, Windowmaker said:

it roughly translates-

"Chara looking for land" problem page of looking for mistakes to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Sonic at 8-September issue of the sale than Shufutoseikatsusha is (*'ω `*)! Please try to take your hand by all means

Looks like it's a part of a magazine, a puzzle page, we have to find the mistakes. Said Magazine is coming on September 8th?

This magazine:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01EVM3VMG/

And 25th anniversary page will be in September issue.

I scrolled through Drop Dead's twitter to see what kind of attire they make and OW THE EDGE!!!!!

Cla4qV2WAAMECOP.jpg:large

ClTnwNOXIAEucB5.jpg:large

So when can we expect the long-awaited holy grail of gamer apparel: Sonic smoking a blunt and talking about bitches?

If this is actually a reference to something I don't understand, I apologize.  I don't know stuff lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Tara said:

I scrolled through Drop Dead's twitter to see what kind of attire they make and OW THE EDGE!!!!!

Cla4qV2WAAMECOP.jpg:large

ClTnwNOXIAEucB5.jpg:large

So when can we expect the long-awaited holy grail of gamer apparel: Sonic smoking a blunt and talking about bitches?

Hide contents

If this is actually a reference to something I don't understand, I apologize.  I don't know stuff lol.

Its just youth clothing,this is fine. I this mkght be backfire "ow the edge"

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Its just youth clothing,this is fine. I this mkght be backfire "ow the edge"

It's a joke. =/

• Thumbs Up 1