Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

8 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Oh look another Sonic Lost World put down...

Sonic Heroes was deemed a good game which sold very well when it first came out.

To be fair, as far a I remember, reviews for Heroes were mixed, meaning it wasn't a good direction for Sega to go critically, but it didn't break the series, either.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

That was a wise decision, because, outside of the multiple playable characters, absolutely nothing about that game felt like an Adventure game. 

I have this theory... and... I'd like to illustrate it by using this....

image0011210155736818.jpg

This is the OSI network model, and I'm probably going to get this the wrong way around but... the lower/higher layers are not aware of the layers above/below themselves, they use them/pass information onto them, but are not aware of them.

Here is my quick edit.

jratnJu.jpg

Ok so... The lower you are in this pyramid, the more blind you are, you only know about yourself, you do not know about what's above you.

So we start off at the Sonic Jam Hub World... what do you have, a character moving in a 3D space, movement is gradual until a 'top speed' is reached, and there are some other basic movements/gameplay. 

Then along comes Sonic Adventure, sees this game with it's movement in 3D space, takes it, and builds a game/levels around it, and adds some other characters to act in this way.

Then SA 2 comes along, more or less takes everything below it, but does a few things different.

Then we get to heroes... and you might think 'well this is totally different?' No... not really. It takes the same core gameplay from the previous title, it doesn't really change it, just adds a character switch on the fly instead of dedicated stages. Boss fights are done in arena like fights, same with the previous game. 

Despite it being a 'team', in terms of core gameplay, very little is changed.

Then Shadow comes along, and... this is where the model might need changing a tad, if Heroes said "Thanks for the data SA2, we'll go this way with it' Shadows game said "Thanks for the data SA2, we're going to go 'THIS' way with it. Shadows game pretty much is SA2 but with only one character, probably why that was called Sonic Adventure 3 on it's announcement. The gameplay for shadow is more or less Sonic stages from SA2, only... we decided to add weapons, vehicles and a karma system.

But at it's core, it's still building on what came before it. There is no radical change.

And then we get to Sonic 06. Again, gameplay is basically the same as everything before it, we now have multiple characters back, some similar to their SA1/2 counterparts, some with some new things. 

So why have I not included games after Sonic 06? Well... basically... The Boost, the werehog, trick systems, dimension perspective changes, It feels like anything from Unleashed up until Generations belongs in it's own pyramid.

Now here's the thing, because you have these pyramids of games which build off each other, you can in effect name them what you like and to a point people will still see it as a sequel or a continuation of what came before it. Heroes is a tad tricky to fall into that I admit, 

Then we get to SLW which starts a new pyramid, then Boom starts it's own too.

Edit: Secret rings may also occupy it's own little pyramid since it radically changes the core, the player is not in control of Sonic, well certainly not to the level of which the original Jam Hub provided.

Edit 2: All the Classic games also occupy their own pyramid.

23 minutes ago, Tara said:

To be fair, as far a I remember, reviews for Heroes were mixed, meaning it wasn't a good direction for Sega to go critically, but it didn't break the series, either.

I found that this really depended on which version you had, one version was notoriously buggy than the other, the consensus seemed to be that the GC version was better but everybody owned PS2's so....

• Thumbs Up 6

45 minutes ago, Tara said:

Tell me where I said that you blamed only the fans, let alone gave an oddly specific figure of 70%.

Not directly no...you didn't say it directly...

50 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

but it's still ultimately Sega's fault for the poor method of handling it.  Blaming the fans for it is just denial.

You implied it here, tho I tend to read things the wrong way

45 minutes ago, Tara said:

Even then 20% to 30% is wrong.  The fans asked for a Shadow only game.  They didn't ask for a contrived Michael Bay-esque alien game with no coherent storytelling.  They asked for another Adventure game.  They didn't ask for a broken, glitchy mess that used the same core concepts and principles.  That is literally all on Sega.

ShTH was a game about Shadow, maybe if fans back then gave a detailed analysis on how hey wanted it to play, they wouldn't have gone with that direction, plus it was already said that FPS' were in at the time, so they just emulated those....

06 was a rushed game....that's literally the only excuse they/me/ or anybody really have....

42 minutes ago, Tara said:

I mean, fair enough, but under that same notion, the fans didn't ask for a badly-controlled Werehog that arguably took up far too much of the game's campaign and slowed things down to a crawl, so it still works kinda. XD (And I actually like the Werehog stages, but I do see why they're hugely unpopular)

Werehog was good....but I can see why they hated it...but werehog actually on played 50% of the game, you were just enjoying and speeding through the day time stages that time flew thus the day time stages feel shorter....

But yeah, that was a money grab by SEGA, should have put a Knuckles but I guess they wanted to reference Ristar...

44 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Nitpicking, but 06 wasn't in response to SA3 requests. If anything, that was Unleashed. 06 was merely intended as an "overall return to basics," regardless of how many Adventure cues it ended up taking.

History of Sonic book from Pix'n Love is a good read. 

Answer me this. What is the "basics" of a 3D Sonic game, is it not Sonic Adventure? Surely not Sonic R....

06 was there first try at SA3

Unleashed was the second....

they both failed to emulate an SA3, but I'm not complaining.

43 minutes ago, Tracker said:
5 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

ShTH was a game about Shadow, maybe if fans back then gave a detailed analysis on how hey wanted it to play, they wouldn't have gone with that direction, plus it was already said that FPS' were in at the time, so they just emulated those....

06 was a rushed game....that's literally the only excuse they/me/ or anybody really have....

Werehog was good....but I can see why they hated it...but werehog actually on played 50% of the game, you were just enjoying and speeding through the day time stages that time flew thus the day time stages feel shorter....

But yeah, that was a money grab by SEGA, should have put a Knuckles but I guess they wanted to reference Ristar...

Answer me this. What is the "basics" of a 3D Sonic game, is it not Sonic Adventure? Surely not Sonic R....

06 was there first try at SA3

Unleashed was the second....

they both failed to emulate an SA3, but I'm not complaining.

Nitpicking, but 06 wasn't in response to SA3 requests. If anything, that was Unleashed. 06 was merely intended as an "overall return to basics," regardless of how many Adventure cues it ended up taking.

History of Sonic book from Pix'n Love is a good read. 

AMAZING...Only think I can see wrong with this is that Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog just feel different SA1 and 2, there physics and level structures are mostly different from SA1/2.

SA1&SA2(Level design caters to the BASICS of Sonic level design)

Heroes&ShTH(Mostly lacks slopes, instead uses springs that bounce you up a wall)

06 is a mixture of the 4. Cause it feels like an Adventure game in heart, but overall moves like a Heroes/ShTH game.

1 minute ago, WakanoBaka said:

I was saying that the fanbase is not to blame for Sega's clear butchering of the concepts that fans were asking for, not that you were absolving Sega of any blame.

Yeah, because anyone could have predicted that Sega would have gone to that level of derailment at the time.  In fiction, there's a name for this.

Which, again, is not the fault of the fans.

No, it's because the Night stages were deliberately made longer.  The majority of the day stages were made to be beaten in a span of five minutes tops, whilst the Werehog stages sometimes took a minimum of ten.  Not helped by the fact that they were often succeeded one right after the other, which the day stages usually weren't.

6 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

I have this theory... and... I'd like to illustrate it by using this....

image0011210155736818.jpg

This is the OSI network model, and I'm probably going to get this the wrong way around but... the lower/higher layers are not aware of the layers above/below themselves, they use them/pass information onto them, but are not aware of them.

Here is my quick edit.

jratnJu.jpg

Ok so... The lower you are in this pyramid, the more blind you are, you only know about yourself, you do not know about what's above you.

So we start off at the Sonic Jam Hub World... what do you have, a character moving in a 3D space, movement is gradual until a 'top speed' is reached, and there are some other basic movements/gameplay. 

Then along comes Sonic Adventure, sees this game with it's movement in 3D space, takes it, and builds a game/levels around it, and adds some other characters to act in this way.

Then SA 2 comes along, more or less takes everything below it, but does a few things different.

Then we get to heroes... and you might think 'well this is totally different?' No... not really. It takes the same core gameplay from the previous title, it doesn't really change it, just adds a character switch on the fly instead of dedicated stages. Boss fights are done in arena like fights, same with the previous game. 

Despite it being a 'team', in terms of core gameplay, very little is changed.

Then Shadow comes along, and... this is where the model might need changing a tad, if Heroes said "Thanks for the data SA2, we'll go this way with it' Shadows game said "Thanks for the data SA2, we're going to go 'THIS' way with it. Shadows game pretty much is SA2 but with only one character, probably why that was called Sonic Adventure 3 on it's announcement. The gameplay for shadow is more or less Sonic stages from SA2, only... we decided to add weapons, vehicles and a karma system.

But at it's core, it's still building on what came before it. There is no radical change.

And then we get to Sonic 06. Again, gameplay is basically the same as everything before it, we now have multiple characters back, some similar to their SA1/2 counterparts, some with some new things. 

So why have I not included games after Sonic 06? Well... basically... The Boost, the werehog, trick systems, dimension perspective changes, It feels like anything from Unleashed up until Generations belongs in it's own pyramid.

Then we get to SLW which starts a new pyramid, then Boom starts it's own too.

Edit: Secret rings may also occupy it's own little pyramid since it radically changes the core, the player is not in control of Sonic, well certainly not to the level of which the original Jam Hub provided.

I found that this really depended on which version you had, one version was notoriously buggy than the other, the consensus seemed to be that the GC version was better but everybody owned PS2's so....

I see what you're getting at, but I still can't see Heroes as being anything like an Adventure game beyond I guess a superficial level. Even ignoring the teamwork mechanic, the level design and controls are just totally different. The characters control much more loosely than before, and the levels are much longer and more linear, with a lot of areas where you just have to stop and destroy enemies, lots of team-based puzzles, random segments (like the bobsleds), etc. Overall, while the game does take away from Adventure 2 a little, it just feels too different from the Adventure games for me to really consider it an evolution of the playstyle. To me, that'd be like considering Lost World a branch off from Colors' playstyle because of the increased emphasis on platforming, double jump, and wisps, when, really, they're still very different beasts.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tara said:

No, it's because the Night stages were deliberately made longer.  The majority of the day stages were made to be beaten in a span of five minutes tops, whilst the Werehog stages sometimes took a minimum of ten.  Not helped by the fact that they were often succeeded one right after the other, which the day stages usually weren't.

I can assure you....the stages are about the same size.....but you just happen to be speeding through one....yeah they were often succeeded one right after the other but that doesn't really change the fact the levels are about the same size....

1 hour ago, Tara said:

I was saying that the fanbase is not to blame for Sega's clear butchering of the concepts that fans were asking for, not that you were absolving Sega of any blame.

1 hour ago, Tara said:

Yeah, because anyone could have predicted that Sega would have gone to that level of derailment at the time.  In fiction, there's a name for this.

K den....

And I'm just saying maybe the fans maybe shouldn't have asked for such things in the first place. I mean, good concepts, bad execution. Yes. But I doubt Sega would have EVER thought of giving Shadow his own game.....Call it a misunderstanding on SEGA's part. But Hey ShadowTH isn't a BAD Sonic game,

it's controls just suck

they should have made a better homing attack

should have had a better aiming system....

Other than that, most hate comes from "swear" which isn't really even the problem if you don't live in the US.

Can't say the shooting and Guns, that has been there since SA1 and SA2...

1 hour ago, Tara said:

Which, again, is not the fault of the fans.

Never really said it was....

18 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

I can assure you....the stages are about the same size.....but you just happen to be speeding through one....yeah they were often succeeded one right after the other but that doesn't really change the fact the levels are about the same size....

But that's the problem.  They're about the same size but with the different mechanics, one is obviously going to take a lot longer.  Therefore, by virtue of play time, not by actual geographical measurements, they are longer and designed to be that way.  And that's why they take up well over half the total playtime and why the Werehog quickly overstays his welcome.

K den....

And I'm just saying maybe the fans maybe shouldn't have asked for such things in the first place. I mean, good concepts, bad execution. Yes. But I doubt Sega would have EVER thought of giving Shadow his own game.....Call it a misunderstanding on SEGA's part. But Hey ShadowTH isn't a BAD Sonic game,

it's controls just suck

they should have made a better homing attack

should have had a better aiming system....

Other than that, most hate comes from "swear" which isn't really even the problem if you don't live in the US.

Can't say the shooting and Guns, that has been there since SA1 and SA2...

First, I disagree, because in retrospect, Iizuka quite liked Shadow, and they probably had plans to have him return and, after his popularity exploded, give him his own game anyway.  It's not like the concept of popular characters getting their own games was foreign to Sega.  If Tails and Knuckles can produce (subjectively, in the case of Knuckles Chaotix since that's a bit of a controversial example) a successful spin-off that maintains the core premise of the Sonic series without drastically changing the tonality, no fan should have had any reason to suspect they wouldn't do the same with Shadow.

I also think you're misconstruing why ShTH is poorly received.  The gameplay overall wasn't up to par for the reasons you mentioned and more (It uses the same engine as Heroes, which was also noted to having slippery, cumbersome controls) but neither was the plot which is ripe with "Rated M For Money," incoherent plot threads introduced and dropped with little to no explanation.  The villains were lame, the narrative unoriginal while also trampling over everything that was established in SA2 and creating plot holes so big a truck could drive through them, the voice acting was abysmal, and the shift in overall tonality was just not wanted by the majority of fans.  The swearing is the least of the game's problems, but it has become infamous because it's so overused to the point of being funny and sometimes not even used in such a way that is colloquially logical ("Those black aliens will face their own bloody hell"), which is pretty indicative that the swearing was used as a marketing tool to make the series seem darker and more mature but failing on every front.

On the matter of the guns and shooting, you're comparing apples and oranges.  The only time real guns were used in SA1 and SA2 was in the first cut scene of Sonic's story on SA1, and they were used by police.  Non-playable characters.  The shooting that was actually controlled in those games were of the fantastical, laser variety and they were only used on robots who "died" via comical explosions.  By contrast, the shooting in Shadow the Hedgehog made use of both real guns and fantastical alien lasers, but they were used on living lifeforms, humans even. (In the Japanese version, the Black Arms even secrete red blood when killed)  And it's true the humans didn't die (because, you know, gotta avoid that "T" rating in our attempts to appeal to teenagers) but shooting a human with an actual real life weapon obviously has a much more grim impact than shooting a bunch of robots with lasers.  Otherwise, we could meaningfully compare SA1 to Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto, or Sonic to Splinter Cell because they both have jumping.

So with that said, Shadow the Hedgehog was a bad game, and definitely not one the fans could have expected to be as bad as it was.  There's no shame in liking it, of course, but it's not hard to see why it is so hated.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Tara said:

First, I disagree, because in retrospect, Iizuka quite liked Shadow, and they probably had plans to have him return and, after his popularity exploded, give him his own game anyway.  It's not like the concept of popular characters getting their own games was foreign to Sega.  If Tails and Knuckles can produce (subjectively, in the case of Knuckles Chaotix since that's a bit of a controversial example) a successful spin-off that maintains the core premise of the Sonic series without drastically changing the tonality, no fan should have had any reason to suspect they wouldn't do the same with Shadow.

I also think you're misconstruing why ShTH is poorly received.  The gameplay overall wasn't up to par for the reasons you mentioned and more (It uses the same engine as Heroes, which was also noted to having slippery, cumbersome controls) but neither was the plot which is ripe with "Rated M For Money," incoherent plot threads introduced and dropped with little to no explanation.  The villains were lame, the narrative unoriginal while also trampling over everything that was established in SA2 and creating plot holes so big a truck could drive through them, the voice acting was abysmal, and the shift in overall tonality was just not wanted by the majority of fans.  The swearing is the least of the game's problems, but it has become infamous because it's so overused to the point of being funny and sometimes not even used in such a way that is colloquially logical ("Those black aliens will face their own bloody hell"), which is pretty indicative that the swearing was used as a marketing tool to make the series seem darker and more mature but failing on every front.

On the matter of the guns and shooting, you're comparing apples and oranges.  The only time real guns were used in SA1 and SA2 was in the first cut scene of Sonic's story on SA1, and they were used by police.  Non-playable characters.  The shooting that was actually controlled in those games were of the fantastical, laser variety and they were only used on robots who "died" via comical explosions.  By contrast, the shooting in Shadow the Hedgehog made use of both real guns and fantastical alien lasers, but they were used on living lifeforms, humans even. (In the Japanese version, the Black Arms even secrete red blood when killed)  And it's true the humans didn't die (because, you know, gotta avoid that "T" rating in our attempts to appeal to teenagers) but shooting a human with an actual real life weapon obviously has a much more grim impact than shooting a bunch of robots with lasers.  Otherwise, we could meaningfully compare SA1 to Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto, or Sonic to Splinter Cell because they both have jumping.

So with that said, Shadow the Hedgehog was a bad game, and definitely not one the fans could have expected to be as bad as it was.  There's no shame in liking it, of course, but it's not hard to see why it is so hated.

*Backs the fuck up slowly*

Don't get it wrong, I read it....THE WHOLE THING....but...what can I really say?

I mean you made a very interesting analysis on the game, yeah I agree about the complaint about engine, main cause it felt like they were only made to drive the player forward.

I also don't see why the story is bad, considering it really doesn't even have just ONE plot path, only a canon ending.

Also, I noticed your analysis lacked any mention of the missions in the game. WHICH WAS IMO, THE REAL HINDRANCE.

I sorta disagree with the guns and shooting part, mainly cause there are only a few REAL looking gun in the game

Thanks for the in dept analysis...I guess

2 hours ago, WakanoBaka said:

(I had to add my own emphasis)

A game for Shadow was made because he was popular and had fans, yes, and that's likely why SEGA decided to make a game based on him (there was a poll about character spin-offs shortly before the game was announced, but I feel like they had plans for Shadow and the poll was more about gauging interest for more spin-offs). I believe there's even an interview with Iizuka, or maybe it was Naka (they both did interviews for the game around roughly the same time), that said that apparently fans were interested in Sonic gameplay with a gun, so they decided to attach that to Shadow since it wouldn't fit with Sonic's character. So fan demand DID have a role in that game's development insofar as SEGA heard there was demand for certain features.

EDIT: This interview with Naka fits at least most of what I said, so I'll leave this quote here.

GameSpy: Out of all the characters currently in the Sonic story, why did you choose to focus on Shadow for a new game?

Naka: When we took a look at which Sonic characters were popular among fans, Shadow was ranked right behind Sonic. We've also wanted to do a 'gun action' game for a while now, and he seemed to be the best fit for that idea. He and Sonic have a very different identity, after all. Finally, as we've been building the Sonic brand, we've had ideas of doing a spin-off series, so perhaps that's what Shadow will lead to.

That said, the end result being what it is was is really SEGA's doing. Even if you can point to this being because SEGA listened to fan demand, they're still the one that made the game what it was, and it's their fault if they get it wrong.

42 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

*Backs the fuck up slowly*

http://images.memes.com/meme/829398

Don't get it wrong, I read it....THE WHOLE THING....but...what can I really say?

http://orig14.deviantart.net/24f8/f/2012/066/f/6/profile_picture_by_axmingplz-d4rzmgx.jpgThanks for the in dept analysis...I guess

OH LOOK, SOMETHING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT WITH! Now what dafaq am I looking at!?

...ya know something, this is really not contributing ANYTHING to the current discussion, especially when Tara took the time to actually address your argument. If you have nothing more to say or can't continue to argue just stop. All this shitposting's going to do is earn you a strike. And if you're thinking of responding, think very carefully, because this is going to be your only warning.

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Sonic CD is a game very early on that's all about the consequences of Eggman winning. I think it was executed very well there too when they used time travelling to create a contrast between a world without Eggman and a world with him. 

hqdefault.jpg

There's nothing stupid or overly gratuitous like her taking a girl off life support or "cutting a teenage girl open" or any stupid tryhard shit like that. It just shows you how much he can fuck up the world in a way anybody of any age would understand. You immediately get what the consequences are if you lose. It's all about how you present these things. It's not something that's impossible to do or "unfit for the series"

I'm sorry, but I remember a couple months back people were acting like the conclusion to Cassia and Cloves arc was one of the singular best things to happen, what exactly changed here?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, WakanoBaka said:

I also don't see why the story is bad, considering it really doesn't even have just ONE plot path, only a canon ending.

But that's the problem, actually.  The story is inconsistent, incoherent, introduces plot points that are never resolved at best and completely forgotten about five minutes later at worst.  One particularly horrible example is a scene that shows Shadow stealing a Chaos Emerald from the Tornado, triggering an alarm to let Sonic and friends know that the Chaos Emerald had been stolen; after a flashback that yet again retreads on details that we were vividly aware of because SA2, the very next cutscene shows Sonic and Shadow working together, the former assumedly completely oblivious to the fact that the latter stole something that belonged to him.  That alarm sound?  Never brought up again.  Betraying Sonic and friends?  Never brought up again.  And this is just ONE instance of this happening.  I can't even count the number of times you're allowed to betray Black Doom, only for him to continue trusting you in the very next scene.

All this can be traced back to the fact that there are multiple paths.  Having those different paths didn't benefit the game's story.  It just meant that there are 326 different stories and all of them are a complete mess.  Even the pure "hero," pure "dark," and neutral storylines have this problem.

Also, I noticed your analysis lacked any mention of the missions in the game. WHICH WAS IMO, THE REAL HINDRANCE.

The missions were awful, but I figured it to be a side point, considering it wasn't brought up in your post.

I sorta disagree with the guns and shooting part, mainly cause there are only a few REAL looking gun in the game

Even if that were true (which it's not, because while alien guns do outnumber them, they still make up a little less than half your overall selection), the actual quantity of realistic guns is irrelevant to the point I made.  It's the tonality, intent, and targets that were the main focus in that paragraph.  If Mario started shooting down actual humans, especially with real, actual guns, you probably wouldn't consider it equivalent to the way he shoots water in Super Mario Sunshine.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

This been posted yet?

Google Translate says "Fuji Speedway Sonic had been resurrected".

Not sure what that means, but it's good to see that the promotion for the anniversary is growing.

51 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Not sure what that means, but it's good to see that the promotion for the anniversary is growing.

I'm thinking "ressurection" might be a mistranslation.  I'm thinking they mean "has been risen," as in for the purposes of this display.  "Resurrected" just does't seem logical in the context of the imagery we're seeing.  Of course, I don't speak Japanese, so I could be wrong. XD

34 minutes ago, Tara said:

I'm thinking "ressurection" might be a mistranslation.  I'm thinking they mean "has been risen," as in for the purposes of this display.  "Resurrected" just does't seem logical in the context of the imagery we're seeing.  Of course, I don't speak Japanese, so I could be wrong. XD

Fuji Speedway Sonic had been "erected" seems more logical.

Has the 25th anniversary logo been seen on any other outside locations, like on billboards?

5 minutes ago, BenderBR said:

Fuji Speedway Sonic had been "erected" seems more logical.

Has the 25th anniversary logo been seen on any other outside locations, like on billboards?

You're not wrong, but I figured risen could have been a synonym for that, but also a synonym for resurrected, thus you see how Google translate might be confused.

8 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

it means "sonic has came back to fuji speedway".

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Jango said:

Been a long time since SEGA advertised Sonic on the F1 Championship! Last time was in 1993!

senna-europa-1993.jpg

sonic_formula_06.jpg

Anyone else wonder what he might have done with that Sonic trophy?

But besides that, SEGA seems too be hyping the game more than fans. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Jango said:

Been a long time since SEGA advertised Sonic on the F1 Championship! Last time was in 1993!

senna-europa-1993.jpg

sonic_formula_06.jpg

...I wanna steal that trophy...

Can't, Senna took both the fake Sonic trophy and the actual trophy home :D

Priceless look when the man handles him the Sonic trophy :lol: WHAT THE F*CK IS A SONIC?

• Thumbs Up 6

18 minutes ago, Jango said:

Priceless look when the man handles him the Sonic trophy :lol: WHAT THE F*CK IS A SONIC?

Aaannnd... It gets set behind him a second later.

Poor Sonic, always second place/best. lol

13 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Aaannnd... It gets set behind him a second later.

Poor Sonic, always second place/best. lol

Bet I could find that trophy on ebay...

Nah, maybe it's in his attic catching dust.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

my sonic x f1 fun for the day :)

• Thumbs Up 1

By the way, I'm pretty sure that Sonic billboard at Fuji was already there for a while, but they just updated it to have the 25th anniversary logo.

Edit: Yep, you can just about see it in the background of this pic.

Z63GILU.jpg