Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

If anything, that artstyle was used for the following reasons.

1: There is more HD quality artwork of that artstyle which Tomy have access to over the Adventure Spaghetti Sonic. Meaning it can be blown up or shrunk and still maintain quality.

2: It compliments both the Boom and Classic Sonic artwork far better than the adventure era artwork does, seriously, someone photoshop out the modern Sonic artwork and slap adventure spaghetti sonic in there and look at how out of place it'd look.

• Thumbs Up 9

12 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

someone photoshop out the modern Sonic artwork and slap adventure spaghetti sonic in there and look at how out of place it'd look.

His palms are spaghetti, knees weak, arms spaghetti
There's vomit on his spaghetti already: mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm spaghetti
To drop spaghetti, but he keeps on spaghetti 

C'mon and light the spaghetti, he's a rocket and he's ready to spaghetti
'Cause now the spaghetti has started and he's ready to spaghetti
He's got mom's spaghetti pumpin in a stereo (-eo!)
Kick'n S2NxUgQ.png fast... puttin' on spaghetti

Untitled-1.png

• Thumbs Up 9

If the intention was a joke, considering me on the floor laughing. That said, I know better from past experience, that it ain't so!

2 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

If anything, that artstyle was used for the following reasons.

1: There is more HD quality artwork of that artstyle about which Tomy have access to over the Adventure Spaghetti Sonic. Meaning it can be blown up or shrunk and still maintain quality.

2: It compliments both the Boom and Classic Sonic artwork far better than the adventure era artwork does, seriously, someone photoshop out the modern Sonic artwork and slap adventure spaghetti sonic in there and look at how out of place it'd look.

They did have CG artwork in that time frame though. It's just incredibly dated.

tumblr_nvbmskGtNL1rg0s9xo1_1280.png

As great as that looks for 1998, I wouldn't be offended if they never used it.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

eNmKDdu.png

I tried man. I'm not good at this ;p

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

I just noticed.

Remember those numbers, the  23, 3, 00. which people interpreted as being March 23rd? 

Well... this would be 3 days after Sega does a presentation at the Games Developers Conference on Sonic's 25th.

The numbers are actually 21, 3, 00. 

Spoiler

Oops almost forgot  :ruby:

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, -Ace- said:

The numbers are actually 21, 3, 00. 

Oh heck you're right! 1 day after SXSW.

• Thumbs Up 4

Anyway, for those who haven't noticed, in the photos we've also gotten confirmation of Rio Olypmics hijinks on the Wii U for June this year!

So 3/21 and 4/1 are both tied to events in a certain way that grant them validity. Hmm. Aaron sure played this teasing well.

Oddly enough, those numbers add up to 29. This year being a leap year, so... February 29th is a date this year.

That is probably just a coincidence, but food for thought regardless.

Hey, we've all gotta have our own fun sometime.

Consider me Webber Jr. in this instance. This is just a rare moment I join the ranks.

I expected it to be caught instantaneously. I've been bored outta my mind.

(Applauds the TSS detectives)

7 minutes ago, Ogilsee Kid Cooper said:

So 3/21 and 4/1 are both tied to events in a certain way that grant them validity. Hmm. Aaron sure played this teasing well.

Oddly enough, those numbers add up to 29. This year being a leap year, so... February 29th is a date this year.

That is probably just a coincidence, but food for thought regardless.

So that's what Aaron meant by "add the numbers" and all that...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Not really. It lacks the qualifying sense of taste that Webber has.

Eh... It's like I said, with all the crap lying around us all, naturally everyone picks up a handful eventually for a toss.

On the topic currently merging with the one revolving me, I'm still surprised it's actually starting to happen in March, really didn't expect anything until late Spring at earliest.

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Eh... It's like I said, with all the crap lying around us all, naturally everyone picks up a handful eventually for a toss.

Yeah, but Webber doesn't resort to just completely going on the offensive and literally trying to get fans riled by making some bold claim, serious or not, that someone's getting replaced without classically making it downright obvious it's a joke made in good fun.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Yeah, but Webber doesn't resort to just completely going on the offensive and literally trying to get fans riled by making some bold claim, serious or not, that someone's getting replaced without classically making it downright obvious it's a joke made in good fun.

We all fling it eventually, like I said.

One thing I'm not understanding is how they are releasing the second season of the show this quickly. Does that also mean they've been working on the second season WHILE the first was airing? Or did they just start after it ended and it's just all coming together that quickly?

Just now, Chris Knopps said:

Word of advice: Speak for yourself and don't try to drag everyone else down to that level. It was a bad stab at a gag if it even was a joke to begin with, so just concede the matter, drop it and move on with things as opposed to trying to justify it.

• Thumbs Up 8

3 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

One thing I'm not understanding is how they are releasing the second season of the show this quickly. Does that also mean they've been working on the second season WHILE the first was airing? Or did they just start after it ended and it's just all coming together that quickly?

Considering they started production on Fire and Ice before Shattered Crystal was released, if I recall correctly, I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. Anyway, this is really more a question for the Sonic Boom thread. Don't want to derail this thread any more than we already do on a regular basis.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Considering they started production on Fire and Ice before Shattered Crystal was released, if I recall correctly, I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. Anyway, this is really more a question for the Sonic Boom thread. Don't want to derail this thread any more than we already do on a regular basis.

I wasn't too certain on if it was derailing the thread speaking of the BOOM update for not... Kind of a confusing bit there.

Another thing, does this mean they're showing off new Sonic art at the events?

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

On the topic currently merging with the one revolving me, I'm still surprised it's actually starting to happen in March, really didn't expect anything until late Spring at earliest.

One more thing I have to say about this

0bae53170197fd45f9ab5c8c4bfffbe2.png

You pretty much told me there is was funny in a cruel way meaning it's funny that the Sonic's could be replaced. Yes that is me. So I am confused. *le shrug*. I will move on but I'm confused. 

1 minute ago, Detective Mikgenes said:

One more thing I have to say about this

0bae53170197fd45f9ab5c8c4bfffbe2.png

You pretty much told me there is was funny in a cruel way meaning it's funny that the Sonic's could be replaced. Yes that is me. So I am confused. *le shrug*. I will move on but I'm confused. 

After all of the constant gripes about multiple Sonic's and such, the thought of them finally saying heck with it and possibly making the entirety of the 3D franchise represented by a single Sonic is cruel to those who prefer certain designs/persona's, yet funny because they finally got the balls to do it and say all 3D Sonic's are one in the same.

Admirable in a way as well... Ballsy. Personally I like the choice.

1 minute ago, Nepenthe said:

We can all stop dragging irrelevant social media drama through this topic now, as well as instigating it and fanning the flames. 

Agreed. Rest assured I'm done.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

After all of the constant gripes about multiple Sonic's and such, the thought of them finally saying heck with it and possibly making the entirety of the 3D franchise represented by a single Sonic is cruel to those who prefer certain designs/persona's, yet funny because they finally got the balls to do it and say all 3D Sonic's are one in the same.

Admirable in a way as well... Ballsy. Personally I like the choice.

Well, aren't they? 

latest?cb=20140724235420

Well, except this one, but only technically since he's in a different canon from the main series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hyper Enesephus said:

Well, aren't they? 

latest?cb=20140724235420

Well, except this one, but only technically since he's in a different canon from the main series.

I-I'd like to discuss the new BOOM news but kind of need clarification from mods if that... Fits here. I mean.. .It does but... DOES it...? If that question makes sense.

Also now that we've got the Wii U Olympics release date out in the open, that means we've got both Olympic titles coming out early on in the year, and only Fire and Ice coming out in Fall...

Does that mean the 25th title has a Fall release date as well? Just, as an estimate.