Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

19 minutes ago, Scar said:

The deprivation of news over the last two years is so massive that the thirst is unimaginable. And much like people wandering a desert, lost and dehydrated, they start hallucinating. Mirages of real news become more and more tantalising as the thirst deepens, but alas there is naught a drop to drink. As the mind collapses, unable to function without Sonic water, the hallucinations become stronger and stronger and stronger.......

Classic case of the fanbase creating spectres from nothing.

It doesn't really help that it's at a time upon which the fanbase is in a period of uncertainty on what to expect to the future, with the past years of Sonic arguably tripping up once more just after the series had started picking itself back up and started looking respectable again. At least in 2013 when people were getting antsy about what the next title would be, there was confidence that regardless what it was, it would likely turn out to be a decent game, as the series was hot off the heels of Colors and Generations. Lost World, Runners, and the Boom games doesn't emit much confidence of the next game even getting that right.

Presumably, I assume this is how the fanbase felt back in 2007 and then some, fresh from Shadow the Hedgehog and the subsequent disastrous 15th anniversary (Sonic GBA and Sonic 2006).

• Thumbs Up 4

Boom was undoubtedly catastrophic for the series' reputation. So much hinged on it, and yet it was shite.

But that's a matter for another day and another Topic.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, big_smile said:

In the Japanese version of Sonic Jam, Sonic's age is listed as "15 ~ 16" and Knuckles is 15
In the US version, Sonic's age is listed as just 16 (and Knuckles is still 15)

Again, Sonic Jam was a prototype Sonic Adventure.....so ofc his age would be 15.

And again. Don't trust the US manuals about Mobius and other crap they write.

Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic are the SAME SONIC, there is nothing on God's,Odin's, Chuck Norris's MOSTLY GREEN EARTH THAT SEZ OTHERWISE.

It's all just the fans! The most unnatural fan base in history! A fanbase that sees a taller more slender Sonic and think, "duuuuuh, different guy, that happens to be friends with a fox and an echidna. Oh and happens to know a fat man, Eggman,NOT ROBOTNIK(cause robotnik as a different guy) trying to rule the world."

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/a/a3/ConfusedPops.gif/revision/latest?cb=20131215043421

....wtf

Actually... Nowadays I like the distinction people like to make between the Robotnik and Eggman titles...

Cause... You know... Robotnik was pure evil, he turned an entire planet into metal... F everything so long as it gets polluted, turned to metal, and belongs to him.

Eggman... Wants to be careful and conscious of his actions... A goodie-half-baked villain... Thank Lost World for that view...

Then there's BOOM Eggman, the pink PJ wearing self loather...

So... I like the distinction.

1 minute ago, Chris Knopps said:

Actually... Nowadays I like the distinction people like to make between the Robotnik and Eggman titles...

Cause... You know... Robotnik was pure evil, he turned an entire planet into metal... F everything so long as it gets polluted, turned to metal, and belongs to him.

Eggman... Wants to be careful and conscious of his actions... A goodie-half-baked villain... Thank Lost World for that view...

Personally, I only use the name "Robotnik" to refer to his portrayals in the old western cartoons where he's referred to as such, since both his appearance and portrayal were so different from now. In the games (as well as Sonic Boom, Sonic X and the OVA) I always call him "Eggman."

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

Eggmanland, Sonic Unleashed (2008):
(spoilered for size)

Spoiler

eggmanland.png

maxresdefault.jpg

latest?cb=20100912013436

This is what Eggman was making during the game. Looks pretty metal and belonging to him in my eyes. Also, keep in mind this is from Unleashed, the game where Eggman split the earth into fragments (that fits F everything, doesn't it?) and released an evil god  (not careful or conscious, really) from its core to terrorise the planet. I don't think the distinction that you think is there is there.

The only thing that's changed is that he has a voice as Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 5

The last problem I have with Eggman is that he doesn't have ambitious goals or is too careful with what or whom is collateral damage. On top of that, a character that destroys shit just to destroy shit is more interesting either as a force of nature or an opposing force to the hero's own ethics for philosophy's sake, neither of which are the point of Eggman. 

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/1/12/Tumblr_n9lwogYwsO1s8sotmo1_250.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140910071439

Dr. Eggman....also know Dr. Ivo Robotnik......same guy

So what if he got soft with age.

Besides, 06 and Unleashed are clear examples of "F everything",

And I like my Eggman a lil careful and conscious, bastard knew he'd fuck up the world if Elise cried, but he dare not lay a hand on the a woman.

Bastard destroyed the moon ffs, yet he saw it as crazy to wipe out a planet.

Bastard split the planet in the RIGHT point and save from unnecessary casualties.

I like my Eggman so evil he's to good for mindless evil.

2 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

Boom Eggman is cool though. He's cool, calm and collected yet he doesn't want anyone ruining his evil cred. Also, I like that he has other interests haha

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't want a kiddie, Eggman, I like him sorta serious fool.

I liked how in the classics he was a bumbling idiot who may look ridiculous, but when you look at what he's done, you think. 

"This mother fucker is crazy, a psychopath."

How he can act all animu silly villain when he has NO PROBLEM getting his hands dirty...like how he doesn't take fucking up shit seriously. Like it's all a joke to him, as long as he can rule over.

1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Hmmmmm

S1concept-eggman.jpg

Eggman/Robotnik truly is a serious villain.

ezgif-2089430332.gif

he sure is :)

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, WakanoBaka said:

"This mother fucker is crazy, a psychopath."

Define... Crazy Psychopath.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Detective Mikgenes said:

7ff370c33610cb37b7db0284d884d9de.gif

he sure is :)

6 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Hmmmmm

S1concept-eggman.jpg

Even with all that, I can still take him seriously, THIS IS A GUY WHO HAS DONE SOME EVIL SHIT, yet he's such a goofy fool.

Also, Boom Eggman doesn't hate himself. At least from the episodes that I have seen, he's got a large ego. 

• Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

The dude would,

• Burn an entire Forrest(Angel Island and Sonic 2 JP Manuel.)
  • Can deforest an entire world.
  • Trap that entire world.
  • Use living things as battery power for his army.
  • Split a planet
  • Blow off half the moon.
  • Manipulates many of the strongest beings on the planet(Shadow, Chaos, Dark Gaia)
  • Would screw over a GOD(Solaris/Iblis)

And can still,

• Trip on air.
  • Sit down and enjoy a newspaper and a cup of jo in the morning.
  • Ramble on and on even when nobody is listening.
  • Whine like a child when no body is listening to him.
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

It was already posted, but this is clearly a crazy psychopath. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

It was already posted, but this is clearly a crazy psychopath. 

LOOK AT HIM! xD

Not one fucks giving when he splits a planet, and he SKIPS!? xD

Psychopath bastard!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Hmmmmm

S1concept-eggman.jpg

The first picture, that's just concept art and he wasn't a villain yet.

The second video, you got me there

This is the same guy who blew up the moon and it's still hard to take Eggman seriously after watching... that.

• Thumbs Up 3

The problem I have is with how overbearingly they've focused on Eggman's comedic/incompetent side to the point it has taken him over entirely for the most part.

Eggman is no threat, he has zero intimidation. He's just the loser to point at, laugh about, then Team Rocket him in the final boss.

...In short, Eggman is the lame butt of the joke of the franchise now that is mocked/ridiculed every chance given, even by his own robots that play the part of buddy/sidekick to him despite openly seeing him as pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, Eggman isn't meant to be a ultra serious villain in the first place. He's not the Joker, sometimes he can be a stupid fatass we all laugh at and at most times he can be threatening.  

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Detective Mikgenes said:

Well, Eggman isn't meant to be a ultra serious villain in the first place. He's not the Joker, sometimes he can be a stupid fatass we all laugh at and at most times he can be threatening.  

No. Most times he is the stupid fat a$$ we all laugh at, only now we're not laughing at him, we're bored as hell of him and annoyed by him, due to again, being the joke and incompetent even in the eyes of his creations.

He's is threatening only in the final boss and, IF lucky, in some cut scenes. But even in scenes, it's constant ridicule/mockery.

He's meant to be a threat first and foremost with quirks to him and slight mockery as a bonus due to being the nemesis. Otherwise he's no villain, he's just a masochistic punching bag.

Maybe you're not actually supposed to be intimidated by the guy named "Eggman".

Maybe it's not the series that is wrong, but your conception of it.

• Thumbs Up 7