Awoo.

Detective SSMB & The Case of the Sonic 25th Anniversary "P.g. 100 is the best... food discussion started."

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Maybe you're not actually supposed to be intimidated by the guy named "Eggman".

Maybe it's not the series that is wrong, but your conception of it.

If you're not intimidated by the main villain of the franchise then what in the hell is the point of even fighting him? What's the point of having him as the main villain if he's just a shit taking pacifist?

That's not fun, it's boring as hell.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

...In short, Eggman is the lame butt of the joke of the franchise now that is mocked/ridiculed every chance given, even by his own robots that play the part of buddy/sidekick to him despite openly seeing him as pathetic.

Of course they're going to mock the villain, it's a cartoon themed series in which the main villain is designed to look like an egg.

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Maybe you're not actually supposed to be intimidated by the guy named "Eggman".

Maybe it's not the series that is wrong, but your conception of it.

I'm sorry, but how can you not be intimidated by a guy who split the planet, do you know exactly HOW BIG EARTH is...

And yet he acts like a fool...dis guy a psychopath I tell you.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Can you drop this pacifist shit already? You can find enough to hate in what the games are actually doing, throwing around ridiculous lies like this just clutters the argument and weakens your own point.

And the point of fighting him is fun. It's a video game. You, the player, do not have to be intimidated by the fat clown of a villain to enjoy running around, smashing robots, and giving a nasty dude a kick in the ass.

Woah, no need to go off...

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/f/f1/IM_GONNA_KILL_SOME_BITCHES.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140801162849

WE all have a right to atleast SAY something....it's just his thoughts....no need to get riddled Dio...

I think someone confused the word "passive" with "pacifist". The problem with Eggman nowadays is that he completely lacks any initiative, and he's never assertive. The problem isn't really in-so-much pacifism as it is just being passive.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Eggman out to be a pacifist

Heh? Eggman, the man who mostlikely has a higher kill count than Hitler, a pacifist ? Yeah he is shown to have some morals in the head(Saving Tails, Joining with Sonic to stop Solaris/ARK from crashing into the planet, not beating the shit outta Elise.). But a pacifist ....that's to nice

Eggman can be described as one thing, An Overgrown Child. he bitches, complains, breaks shit, and wants to be above everybody and will do almost anything to get it...aka A Globalist Corporate Elite.

1 hour ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Have you actually played any Sonic games!? 

This is utterly ridiculous, I get you're not a big fan of the series current direction but come on this is ludicrous even for an anti-fans standards. What game has had Eggman show him being a pacifist? 

I think he's taking Sonic Boom?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I think someone confused the word "passive" with "pacifist". The problem with Eggman nowadays is that he completely lacks any initiative, and he's never assertive. The problem isn't really in-so-much pacifism as it is just being passive.

....And how is he even remotely a pacifist in Sonic Boom?

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

The best kind of Eggman is the kind that can and will cause catastrophes and ruin peoples lives and leave them bleeding/crying, but will do it not with an evil laugh, not with cold sterility, but giggling like an innocent schoolgirl, or doing a massive dance number with confetti and cheerleaders while the world burns beneath him. The man that looks innocent and goofy, acts innocent and goofy, but the characters don't treat him as innocent, because he's not.

Reveal hidden contents

The kind of person who threatens to take a girl off of life support to keep her and her sister working for him when she's dying anyway, and does so while cracking puns and grinning to his ears.

The kind that slowly grows angrier and angrier talking through a sentence only to reveal that he isn't actually mad at all, but proceeds to then cut a teenage girl open and replace her organs with cybernetics

Eggman as written by Ian Flynn

That's the best Eggman. The others are great, there is no bad version of Eggman, but that version is best.

THIS SO MUCH! xD

He A psycho! That's the Eggman I grew up with xxDDD

Just now, Detective Mikgenes said:

Pacifist is someone who doesn't fight. Eggman fights in Sonic Boom 

It's not even that far.

A pacifist also wouldn't have anything to do with war or conflict or would be highly objectionable to the concept of it.

Eggman owns a base! A base! Filled with robots and weapons!

• Thumbs Up 9

38 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

The best kind of Eggman is the kind that can and will cause catastrophes and ruin peoples lives and leave them bleeding/crying, but will do it not with an evil laugh, not with cold sterility, but giggling like an innocent schoolgirl, or doing a massive dance number with confetti and cheerleaders while the world burns beneath him. The man that looks innocent and goofy, acts innocent and goofy, but the characters don't treat him as innocent, because he's not.

Hide contents

The kind of person who threatens to take a girl off of life support to keep her and her sister working for him when she's dying anyway, and does so while cracking puns and grinning to his ears.

The kind that slowly grows angrier and angrier talking through a sentence only to reveal that he isn't actually mad at all, but proceeds to then cut a teenage girl open and replace her organs with cybernetics

Eggman as written by Ian Flynn

That's the best Eggman. The others are great, there is no bad version of Eggman, but that version is best.

That spoiler'd description is the most utterly bizarre analogy for any character in the Sonic series I've ever fucking read. 

Spoiler

Are we playing the same series about a blue talking hedgehog and a fat scientist? 

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Tracker said:

That spoiler'd description is the most utterly bizarre analogy for any character in the Sonic series I've ever fucking read. 

Are we playing the same series about a blue talking hedgehog and a fat scientist? 

Idek about the spoiler'd description, that's just archie Sonic stuff, it's the first description I'm talking bout.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, DarkLight said:

Yeah, because we all were just talking about Archie Sonic beforehand right?

Your point?

Okay which Egg head we talkin bout?

Eggman in general.

Boom Eggman

Or Comic Eggman?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ummm, wasn't there a time when Eggman was literally at the sidelines for the majority of the game while BIGGER, BADDER villains soak in all the glory like sponge. Like during the Heroes-06 time? I mean sure, Eggman still really isn't part of the sidelines, going out of his way to give the heroes a bad time.

I mean, in Colors, all he did was brainwash Tails temporarily and sucking up the very energy out of cute little aliens that turns them into darker and more rabid ones. Gens, he was pretty much the reason why Sonic and crew got into the White Space. Lost World, made an powerful race bend to his knees and managed to have a backup plan even though pretty much everything went wrong for him.....

Wait, that sounds like a pretty active villain..... What's the complaint here, heck Eggman is now the final boss in the games (after how many MOTWs?) and he's still doing his devious schemes. So what else do you want Eggman to do in the main series? 

So Boom Eggman isn't as threatening, big woop! The Boom series is pretty much a separate entity anyway, with its own rules and interpretations of the characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Scar said:

Classic case of the fanbase creating spectres from nothing.

Are you implying that the fanbase is haunted? Because if so, I'm calling the Ghostbusters.

And Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 8

Reading through the last few pages, I'm beginning to think maybe nobody is on the same page here, because a lot of these responses are completely incoherent to one another and also kind of contradict points previously said.

I'm just going to try to put this conversation on track-

The conversation started when someone mentioned that Eggman in recent games has been less threatening than some would like him to be.  That means that we're essentially talking about Eggman in the games.  Archie, SatAM, and other non-game incarnations aren't necessarily relevant here.  The word "pacifist" was tossed around, an accusation many disagree with.  As it stands, the current discussion seems to be on rather or not modern (and by extension Boom as it relates to the games) Eggman can properly be described as a pacifist.

Short answer: He can't.  Even if he's not as threatening in recent years, he's still either a catalyst or direct cause of the central conflict, which tends to result in fighting and a dichotomy of two opposing parties.  Therefore, by the dictionary definition of the word, modern Eggman is not pacifist.  Rather or not you like the narrative direction of the current series is up to you.

Anyway, this topic was pretty much all over the place and I just wanted to give a frame of reference to what exactly the discussion was and offer my two cents so as to have actually contributed something.  Let's try to keep the conversation within this frame of reference or move onto something new.  Whichever one works. XD

• Thumbs Up 9