Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Crossing: In Another Time, In Another Place. [Read page 345]

Klinsy

Bustup_03_01_zpsyeccrmek.png

"This is taking too long. Allow me commence the ritual of awakening!"

Bustup_03_10_zps2rgthcoi.png

"I command the spirits of old to grant this wandering soul a chance to live in the awaking world once more!" Gundham amassed a ton of power through his arm and then proceeds to...

...Dose Jin with water from a cup.

jin%204_zpsse1pltwe.png

"Ugh... That really hurt. What even happened?"

Bustup_03_09_zpsyd6xi3bo.png

"Hahahaha! You have been resurrected by the great Gundham Tanaka! Now answer us mortal about the shapeless entity of shadow!"

jin%205_zpsbpnhveke.png

"Yeah sure. Just give me a drink first. I could go for a scotch."

Nya's arm glows blue as she shoots water in Jin's mouth. "There, all hydrated."

"Well, at least we have someone with water powers now that Sayaka's out who-knows-where." Shadow says.

jin%206_zpspd0fyeyt.png

"Gah! What the hell!? You could had warned me first! And that wasn't refreshing at all!" Jin managed to recover and discussed things with the crew.

jin%203_zpshxet6xxw.png

"So you're facing...a shapeshifter? Now that think about it I have ran into something like that. I didn't get a good look at it but it seemed to be surrounded by black fog before it took the form of..."

Hakumen_%28Story_Mode_Artwork%2C_Pre_Bat

"Hakumen. He did say some pretty out of character things though. I came here to reflect on it."

Bustup_03_03_zpslcqhzwck.png

"So it takes a form that reflects the opponent. Interesting..."

"What exactly was he saying? Perhaps we could use this attitude to pinpoint who exactly is the culprit." Stealth Elf asks.

"Oh, young one... could we be so sure that the culprit is a he? For all we know, the shapeshifter can be female." Stink Bomb replies. "Evil knows no gender, after all."

"That is true, the shapeshifter could very well be a female." Shadow adds.

jin%201_zpsmjvrrrvl.png

"He was spouting out weird things like how I was weak and a loser. It seemed very out of character for him. Luckily I did managed to scare him off but I came here to think about it."

"Sounds like a very immature being if you ask me."

bang%203_zpsst1w9sa9.png

"So Jin Kisaragi is innocent!? What the devil is going on!?"

"Does that really narrow things down?" Nya asks.

"Yes, actually." Shadow says, thinking to himself. "Now we must review the shapeshifters in this multiverse snd confirm which one has this immature behaviour. Come, let's return to the others."

Strider pointed to Meowkie and Serena:

Strider Hiryu: "You two are the most suspicious because normally you would be the most trust worthy, please, do something to remove our doubt, I do not wish to hurt the innocent."

Meowkie: "You can examine me if you wish, I assure you that I am no shapeshifter."

Serena: "Just keep your hands off my headband and you're fine."

"Honestly, we can't trust anyone in this village." Shadow says, walking towards the others. "We have to keep an eye on each one of our behaivour."

"But we also need to put together some clues on who that person's real identity is."

Waya tried one trick:

Waya-Hime: "There is one trick I know that can make sure we know who isn't a shapeshifter, if they smell like updog."

Punchy: "What's updog?"

Waya-Hime: "Yep, you're not the one, this is the shapeshifter that been everywhere, they have to know that joke."

52810829_zpsbxi8osgv.png

"If anything this information is helpful. It seems ninjas are the best dealers of information after all. But I don't have much experience with dealing with shapeshifters to know who it could be. There's too much mind games going on."

"There is someone that we know from our universe" Nyx said, "however he's not exactly from our universe. His name is Nyarlathotep and he often takes the form of others to slowly destroy humanity."

"Nyx I don't think you should had said his name out loud like that" Kiryu said, "he might be here now."

"But I doubt he's all that interested in this universe if he even knows of it."

Suddenly Nyx's shadow changed shape, "Ohhhhh I'm interested but our main star hasn't shown up so I've just been watching from the sidelines."

"You...!" Kiryu recognized the voice coming from Nyx's shadow,

"Relax you old reptile. Its not me at all! You're just being paranoid! If I really was me, you really wouldn't be standing here. Anyways I gotta go see my new favorite TV show! Oh and I'd be more considered with bigger things in the food chain night's daughter!" Nyx's shadow returned to normal after a menacing, indescribable laugh filled the air.

Bustup_03_07_zpsz1xh6nfb.png

"What massive power! I don't think even I could comprehend what happened!"

bang%202_zpsvm49m3yq.png

"What vile presence! I, Bang Shishigami shall defeat it after this conflict!"

jin%201_zpsmjvrrrvl.png

"Can we please focus!?"

Nya stood back aftr what happened with the shadow. "Shadow? Was that you? I know you can manipulate them and all..."

"No, not me this time." Shadow says. "But I can bring up the possibility... what if the shapeshifter is not of this multiverse?"

"What are you trying to do? Make us the prime suspects?" Stealth Elf asks.

"If you want to find out who's the villain, you must suspect every angle, every perspective and every possibility. You'll never know if it's true." Shadow explains.

"Hey have you guys ever watched the movie called The Thing? Its one of my favorites" Kiryu lit another cigar, "its about a bunch of researchers trapped in the arctic with an alien capable of taking others forms. There is one scene where the main characters find out that its weakness is fire so they do a blood test with a flamethrower. Needless to say there was a lot of tension but I digress. But do you see where I'm going with this?"

52810929_zps1ywjc2rz.png

"So you're saying that we need to figure out a weakness and go from there? Interesting."

Mewkie got a idea:

Mewkie: "Most of us are already shapeshifters in a way, except for Val and Xandra, all we need to do is save the word and we will change into another form, the shapesifter might choose the wrong one."

Punchy: "I'm not really in the mood for nooting."

Rosie: "Don't worry, Punchy, Waya already proved you're the real deal.

jin%201_zpsmjvrrrvl.png

"There's a big flaw in that logic. Not everyone here can transform. Its possible the enemy might be someone who can't transform."

"And that would put us in the suspect list since we're new to their group."

jin%203_zpshxet6xxw.png

"I still don't trust that ninja over there who attacked me for no reason."

bang%206_zpsb5wfzh5a.png

"T-that was a mistake! People make mistakes all the time! Hahaha!"

52810829_zpsbxi8osgv.png

"It is definitely a possibility. However let's go with this plan first and see where it goes."

"So we need a possible list of weaknesses..." Stink Bomb looks at his tail. "Perhaps we could try bad smells?"

"Maybe smoke?" Shadow gets out a smoke ball.

"Maybe splinters?" Stealth Elf summons her Splinter cannon.

Nya sat down, thinking of other options.

Serena tried to read the minds:

Serena: "Whoever is doing this has a real focused mind, I can't pick up any thoughts that show anyone being it."

Dreamy: "Serena, is anyone here acting unusual?"

Serena: "Rosie's mind is completely blank... suspicious."

"Is she not supposed to be blank? Is she supposed to be dim-witted?" Stink Bomb asks.

"If so, we might just have our target..."

Rosie got mad:

Rosie: "Who are you calling dim witted?"

"Anyways, remember that I once was a toy, my mind doesn't work in the same way yours does."

Meowkie: "... Rosie never likes to bring up her past, she's got to be the one."

"That is indeed true..." Shadow paces the floor. "Besides, this is interrogating the ninjas, after all."

"It's not like she's a ninja."

Strider objects:

Strider Hiryu: "If what this girl says is true, than we can't rely on her mind alone, someone here is playing with our minds one way or the other."

Waya-Hime: "If we can't trust people mentally, than we just see how you do physically! Just one match ought to do it."

She lights the place on fire:

Rosie: "Fire ... why does every place I am catch fire?"

"So you're a fire element Ninja, huh?" Shadow asks. "Stealth Elf and Stink Bomb is Life and Nya is... Water."

"Anyway, let's do this."

Rarity gets everyone out of there with her ice beam:

Rarity: "Are you mad? We could have all died!"

Waya-Hime: "And two more off the list, Rosie, I know I could trust you, Rarity, don't fret over it, it's not like any of you would died if you were the real deal!"

Xandra: "Can we do something in a less dangerous way next time, please?"

Waya-Hime: "I do everything dangerously! I even love dangerously, just ask stretchy cuteness!"

Meanwhile, The Disciples are scouting the area. Tails and Purple Heart are searching from the sky while Sonic, Sayaka and Pop Fizz are investigating on foot.

"Guys, what do you have down there?" Purple Heart asks.

"I got something..." Sayaka kneels down and looks at the grass. "The grass is singed... as if the feet of somebody are on fire."

"An unusual sight, but are you sure that's from the villain?" Purple Heart asks.

"I have an idea, but you might not like it..." Tails says.

Strider withdrew his blade:

Strider Hiryu: "Valkyrie, Xandra, I fought alongside you a long time ago, so I know of your skills, counter my blade and I shall know you two are the real deal."

Dreamy: "You two are looking like the suspicious ones with almost killing us everytime."

Sweetie Belle: "Yeah, what gives?"

Waya-Hime: "The person might be smart but they can't be the best at everything, we got to find other ways to outsmart them."

The Ninja Disciples sit down, observing the battle to come.

"Let's see what these two are made of..." Stealth Elf says.

"Question." Shadow asks. "When you find this villain, what do you plan to do with him?"