Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Crossing: In Another Time, In Another Place. [Read page 345]

Klinsy

The Will try to leave:
The Will: "Well, now that I found Lying Cat, it's time to get the hell out of here."
Lying Cat: "Lying!"
The Will: "Well, crap, it seems like we got to stay here, and here I was thinking I was going to get a day off."

"Is that cat omniprescent or something? Or in the case, plot convience, am I right?" Pop Fizz says.

"Guess we'll have to figure out what awaits us, then." Sonic says. "Hopefully she can lead the way."

Rosie let the two stay in her house for now:

Rosie: "Now, try not to break anything, you know I wouldn't!"

Lying Cat: "Lying!"

Rosie: ".... Do you put up with this everyday?"

The Will: "Yep."

On Rosie's TV, a transmission begins playing.

"We interrupt this program with breaking news! A crime spree has been sweeping the nation as a group of unknown criminals known as "The Liars" have been borrowing things from people claiming they'd bring said items back... but they never do." A reporter explains. "Nobody has been able to tell The Liars from the innocent, a member could be anyone! Heck, it could be me!"

Rosie was baffled:

Rosie: "That's what you came here for? Petty theft?"

The Will: "Doubt it, there must be something about these liars that are bigger than we can imagine."

Lying Cat nodded

Rosie: "Well, I guess we have to gather everyone in the village and find out who it is."

"Somebody's gonna have to check Animal Village. This crime spree is sweeping the nation, not just the village. And it seems like according to the geography of this weird place, two villages make this whole nation." Sonic says. "Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either.

Lying Cat examined everyone in the village:

Valkyrie: "Do we really got to do this? I mean we already have a lie detecting cat and she's way cuter than some sphinx."

Lying Cat: "..."

Meowkie: "Ah, don't be sad, that's just a matter of opinion, you're perfectly cute!"

Mewkie: "Hmm, it seems that it's none of us ... well among our group of 10 anyways."

Lying Cat went up to Sonic. "I swear, I didn't do anything." He says.

"LYING." The cat responds with a hiss.

"Let me reiterate, I didn't do anything wrong today." Sonic corrects himself.

Lying Cat remained silent and walked off.

Amane walked into town and heard the announcement.

amane%204_zpsdqt27gj2.png

"Oh sounds like trouble. Sure hope I don't run into one of those weirdos."

Lying Cat got close to Punchy and Sweetie Belle:

Punchy: "Hey, we might be thieves but we're not lying thieves."

Sweetie Cat: "Plus we returned one of the two things we stole!"

The Will: "... You two aren't making all that convincing of a argument."

"I have not stolen anything." Tails says. Lying Cat walks past him and moves on to Pop Fizz.

"Listen, kitty, the only thing I took was some sand. It's not like I promised the beach I'd return it." He says.

Rarity pin pointed something:

Rarity: "How do we know if you're not the liars?"

The Will: "Lying Cat responds to every lie with "Lying", if it was me you would know."

Lying Cat : "..."

Xandra: "Well, whoever it is, they're not in this town."

"Welp, to Animal Village we go, then." Sonic points to the other town, as Tails and Pop Fizz head in that direction.

"Who expects a warm welcome?" Tails asks.

"Not me." Pop Fizz responds.

The Lying Cat went to Calamity and Star. Calamity rolled her eyes. "Believe me, I sure as heck didn't do it. If I was, I would make sure everyone knew."

Star shrugged.

Meowkie tried to put together the facts:

Meowkie: "Well, even if the thieves aren't here, what they want is, do we have anything valuable in our village?"

Valkyrie: "Maybe they don't want to steal a item, but information..."

Lying Cat nodded

The Will: "What's with this god damn village? Is there anything here that isn't super strange?"

Rarity: "Says the bald man with the blue sphinx that can only say "lying."

The Will: "Touche."

"Anything valauble?" Tails looks back at his workshop full of dimensional artifacts, portals and blueprints. "Nope, nothing here."

"LYING." Lying Cat immediately calls out.

"It was sarcasm, okay? But yeah, what info do they need?" Tails asks.

The Will made his stance clear:

The Will: "The question isn't as much what info is valuable as much who would find it valuable?"

Dreamy: "DOOM, Saya, that one Darkness guy that was here awhile, Dark Valkyrie, Bubberducky, Nightmare Rarity, Evil Namco High, that one green psycho ... the list goes on."

The Will: "Which the one you pissed off the most?"

Xanda: "Hard question. Very hard question."

"Yeah, but why would people steal mundane things? What value do they have?" Sonic asks, before they step foot into Animal Village. "Well, I suppose we'll find out."

Rosie got bad memories:

Rosie:"Well, you might be remembered for being marshmallow thieves, but at least you're not remember for being a nudist!"

The Will: "Do I want to know?"

Lying Cat: "Lying."

The Will: "Oh, thank goodness."

The cops immediately halt our heroes. "Alright, what do you want this time?"

"We're here to investigate the Liar situation. We have a living Lie detector, and perhaps we can use her to solve this crime." Sonic says to them.

Meowkie pulled out passes:

Meowkie: "Got these after hearing how much trouble you get in Animal Village."

Meowkie: "All of these people are cleared to pass as they have been verified by the legendary Dare Of Noir detective agency."

Office: "Oh, hello, detective Meowkie, if you're okay with them, then we'll just keep a eye on them."

"Alright! Now that we're authorized, it's time to get cracking!" Sonic says, clutching onto his pass. "Let's get interrogating!"

"Where would troublemakers usually go to?" Pop Fizz asks, looking all over the town for anyone suspicious.

"Perhaps in alleyways, that'll be a start." Tails points out.

"Huh, a crime spree of stealing things huh..." BFZ said. "The allyways it is then!"

"Wonder if we can ask the people who got their stuff stolen on what happened tho..." BFZ thought aloud.

"Yeah, that seems like a wiser idea in hindfight... tell you what, we'll split up and we'll share the information we get through the DEUS, alright?" Sonic says, forming a plan.

Tails steps forward. "I'll assist in interviewing the victims. Anyone else with me?"

Valkyrie wanted to check on something:

Valkyrie: "What if Dark Valkyrie is still here under that disguise? We got to expose her!"

The Will: "Great, this town has evil versions of people, I'll just start expecting cheese monsters now."

Xandra: "Going by what Punchy told me, you're not too far off..."