Awoo.

Shin Megami Tensei (and related games) discussion.

Crystal Kingfisher

nah, visually it's channeling much on the same stuff, the same kind of colour use, the same logic on the armours except in here the girls get skimpier ones than in GC (hence my comparisons to Neptunia), etc

see also: denpa onno's opening, bakemonogatari when it wants to, humanity has declined

it's a pretty neat visuals, and again, pretty much persona 4 with just a touch more pastel

see also Jojo in terms of the use of the colour, just not as gaudy

@Sami- you were trying to imply the games were all like the mood given by that image, though, when it's not, that's the point :V

Jesus Christ man lighten up. You like this sort of stuff, I'm just teasing.

People make fun of me on here all the time for the shit I like, it's all in good fun. Jeez...

Okay, I apologize. Everyone's just being so negative over this reveal and I'm starting to get negative from said reactions. Like, it's fine if you don't like the artstyle and all, but we don't know jack about the game still.

tumblr_inline_ndlq52qePJ1qh30om.jpg

I think people are forgetting this is Shin Megami Tensei x Waifu Lucina crossover.

this game is gonna be great for all the wrong reasons

Okay, I apologize. Everyone's just being so negative over this reveal and I'm starting to get negative from said reactions. Like, it's fine if you don't like the artstyle and all, but we don't know jack about the game still.

We know it has this

0EMmBT0.png

Gonna be honest that speaks for itself bud

Sami is just upset that his new fap material is drawing attention away from Bloodborne.

It actually did I'm not even joking

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm optimistic, mostly because from a gameplay standpoint this game looks far bigger and more unique than I expected it to be. It looks big and exciting and vibrant, and you know what? I didn't even know KKM thought it looked like Gatchaman Crowds but I thought the exact same thing when I first saw it.

I've seen a lot of "otaku trash" anime and I've also seen Gatchaman Crowds. This reminded me of Gatchaman Crowds, not the first thing. There is absolutely an appeal to this bizarre and almost alien wacky aesthetic and it doesn't look like the kind of "otaku pandering" some ppl are saying it is imo.

I also recommend Gatchaman Crowds because it's really good.

And yeah it's got a bit too much boobage but I'm pretty sure this is just a trailer tailored for Japanese audiences, it's not like the game's gonna be a dress up sim or anything, it's probably gonna be a lot closer to Persona than a generic animu simulator.

It really does look promising in both gameplay and aesthetic, I really don't feel like judging the whole game on the basis of seeing a few skimpy characters. Skimpy characters are nothing new to SMT /or/ FE and in Japan they are (unfortunately) a sale point for both franchises.

• Thumbs Up 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6fwe3EFTRQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6IM-L7fLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaDy0KBCauU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzNLayMrJk

colour and setting-wise it's hitting a lot of the same keys I've been enjoying see become more common in recent anime as it evolves into colour use that works best with digital, and I've been wanting for a while specifically to have a big game aim at this

could use with less skimpyness if only out of variety but shrug

bizarre choice to go with this for a crossover between two franchises that don't quite resemble this style though, yeah

EDIT: this video in particular feels relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUXUYQw4Nn0

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm still buying it, no fucking question, but the tone is just completely different to how I expected it to be. I don't think it'll be a bad game, just different.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah it's absolutely not what I expected and I imagine the surprise is more grating for bigger FE or SMT fans.

However I welcome the uniqueness assuming it is unique.

We Fire Emblem fans survived an art style that replaced every person's shoes with horse hooves.

I think I can stomach the weeaboo stuff.

I guess I'm a bit more open now that I've calmed down a bit but I'm still very skeptical. However I am willing to be proven wrong. 

Eh, I'll just keep my thoughts brief for now: despite its... "overly anime-ish" presentation, that trailer actually intrigued me a fair bit. If future footage holds up, I'll be more than willing to give it a shot.

Judge me negatively if you must, but I'm certainly gonna at least try to approach this with an open mind.

I guess I'm a bit more open now that I've calmed down a bit but I'm still very skeptical. However I am willing to be proven wrong.

Calming down made me go from hysterical to salty as fuck LOL

THE LAUGH TEARS TURNED TO SAD TEARS

• Thumbs Up 1

...The fuck? Calm down, it's just an anime.

Hehe, I think you meant to say videogame there. This wouldn't be nearly as funny if people on Neogaf atm weren't disagreeing about what type of "anime" this game's theme is following.

Again, Neogaf needs to be banned from discussing anime from now till ever

take tumblr too while they're at it :V

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't see anything overtly bad about this trailer aside from the typical japanese fanservice stuff.

I like pretty much everything about Persona aside from the gameplay so something like Persona with Fire Emblem gameplay might be interesting. We'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Calming down made me go from hysterical to salty as fuck LOL

THE LAUGH TEARS TURNED TO SAD TEARS

I'm sorry you feel that way mang.

For what it's worth even if you don't have a Wii U I hope this can become a game that you'll be less disappointed in for whatever reason.

NEW GAME, I SPY

Hm... I spy with my little eyes... A thong!!

2839738-screenshot201lokew.jpg

I'm sorry you feel that way mang.

For what it's worth even if you don't have a Wii U I hope this can become a game that you'll be less disappointed in for whatever reason.

I'll probably pick up another Wii U for Zelda. I got one for Kart 8 (which was rad btw) but sold it along with my 3DS to buy my photography camera.

I have a crazy weakness for watercolor-looking character art you have no idea

• Thumbs Up 5

NEW GAME, I SPY

Hm... I spy with my little eyes... A thong!!

2839738-screenshot201lokew.jpg

Sami, I don't think you're quite as disgusted by this as you say you are, if you're picking out details like this...

Sami, I don't think you're quite as disgusted by this as you say you are, if you're picking out details like this...

I just know where to look that's all ;)

• Thumbs Up 1