Awoo.

Shin Megami Tensei (and related games) discussion.

Crystal Kingfisher

Nice image of supposed Chrom, looking like a Assassin Unit with demon powers.....guess he took be denied for Smash too seriously.

tumblr_nm5nlw4VIk1t6jvvlo4_1280.jpg

gvfavv.gif

Gaf continues to deliver.

I don't know why people keep forgetting that SMT4 has the Persona gameplay in terms of the overworld and dungeons.

I don't know why people keep forgetting that SMT4 has the Persona gameplay in terms of the overworld and dungeons.

Not to speak for the guy but I'm preeeeetty sure that's not what he's talking about bud

It's probably not, but I'm saying that I do see the SMT part of the game in terms of its gameplay outside the battles. Even the HUD reminds me of SMT

Why does the girl get half naked for no reason though

they aren't even at the beach

it'll probably be rated M

bah

But whatever, maybe I can play it when my siblings aren't around. I'll probably just rent it.

I dunno if it'll be rated M/18 tbh

It's anticipated to be rated M in the US but there's no way it'll be rated 18 here. Tons of games rated M in the US are 16 over here. Persona 3 and 4 are rated 16 but I'm not sure about 1 and 2, and I'm guessing all of the SMT games are rated 16 too.

Hell, Bloodborne is not even 18 and look how grim and bloody that game is. Maybe if there's sex and f-bombs in the game, which tends to boost ratings higher than violence. Probably the reason why Catherine is rated 18.

You guys make it seem like naked women are a Japan only thing :V

I didn't. It bugs me in all forms of media unless it's focusing specifically on nudity or sex. I don't like the fan service in my video games, don't judge me ;-;

@Athena, I hope you're right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the "M" stands for (shin) Megami (tensei)

Rated M for (shin) Megami (tensei). Makes sense to me.

But yeah it's pretty rare for SMT games to be rated T so I wouldn't hold your breath if you're hoping for a T rating ^^;

I dunno if it'll be rated M/18 tbh

Well, I tried to see the trailer through the Eshop, it told me that I "can't view the content". They only really do that when you aren't old enough to see game with a certain rating (EX: Being 12 and unable to download anything that is Rated T) so it gonna be rated M.

Well, I tried to see the trailer through the Eshop, it told me that I "can't view the content". They only really do that when you aren't old enough to see game with a certain rating (EX: Being 12 and unable to download anything that is Rated T) so it gonna be rated M.

Just noticed the beginning of the trailer says it's anticipated to be rated M, so I dunno.

Maybe the "M" stands for (shin) Megami (tensei)

Rated M for (shin) Megami (tensei). Makes sense to me.

But yeah it's pretty rare for SMT games to be rated T so I wouldn't hold your breath if you're hoping for a T rating ^^;

The game literally looks like a typical MegaTen game except with Fire Emblem classes and characters in place of the demons. On a gameplay concept stand point. You can argue about it's anime or not, but the game under the look is pretty much that.

The game literally looks like a typical MegaTen game except with Fire Emblem classes and characters in place of the demons. On a gameplay concept stand point. You can argue about it's anime or not, but the game under the look is pretty much that.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if we were getting classes, but we can CLEARLY see it in gameplay; there's icons next to the characters that show what classes they are. The green-haired girl is a mage, Caeda-girl a pegasus knight, and of course main blue dude is a sword fighter (maybe there will be multiple sword classes, not sure).

Granted, there still are demons and such, they're actual Fire Emblem villains in demon form. We see both Gangrel and Aversa as wacky SMT-style demons (Gangrel is a shuriken with a head, Aversa a pegasus taur).

There's also that giant thing that somewhat resembles the Black Knight, so who knows with that.

I didn't think of that... maybe you're right, maybe that is the Black Knight.

Now I'm just curious if this will be a full crossover or if its just FE characters in SMT... Originally it was implied to be a full crossover, but this trailer is really confusing. I mean, I have no idea who the green-haired girl is. The hair style and face kinda resemble Lyn (Caeda and Marth; yes I'm still certain that the main blue-haired dude is Marth) look much more accurate, but that green-haired girl is a mage, and I can't think of anything in FE who fits that description at all.

The only character I can think who it could possibly be other than Lyn is Nagi, as she's a pop star and Tiki is seen on posters as well, so perhaps they're connected in some way. And if the fourth main character shown is Cain as some have suspected, then all four of them are from Shadow Dragon (technically Nagi wasn't in the original, but Shadow Dragon is close enough).

Still, its also possible some of the characters are SMT characters.

(Btw, the green-haired girl is on posters with the name "Kiria." I don't know of anyone by that name, but it could be a band name or something. "Reincarnation", the name of the album, could explain what's up with all the characters; they're "reincarnations" of past FE [and maybe SMT] characters.)

When the direct started, thew show the 18+ pegi rating in Europe, at first i was thinking, HOLY SHIT, Devils thrid?! but no, looks like it was for SMT X FE. And you know what guys, at first, i was giving no shit about that game, but that trailer gives me hype, and its from a guy who don't play RPG. 

You guys thought the Rated M was going to come from the SMT related mature themes.

Nope, it's the boobs.