Awoo.

Shin Megami Tensei (and related games) discussion.

Crystal Kingfisher

I just noticed the black haired girl uses the stupid hairclip thing that girl from chuuniboyuo or however it's spelled had.

I just noticed the black haired girl uses the stupid hairclip thing that girl from chuuniboyuo or however it's spelled had.

the hairclip itself is perfectly normal, the location is what's odd

I don't even see the fucking thong

You see the leftmost girl? Look along her right (your left) hip. In retrospect, it's plain as day...

aw great now he got me doing it

NEW GAME, I SPY

Hm... I spy with my little eyes... A thong!!

2839738-screenshot201lokew.jpg

I'll probably pick up another Wii U for Zelda. I got one for Kart 8 (which was rad btw) but sold it along with my 3DS to buy my photography camera.

I'm sorry I didn't even notice the thong, it was overshadowed by the MC's laughably stupid cyber-nobel outfit. Seriously that looks like some crap torn from Gust's games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry I didn't even notice the thong, it was overshadowed by the MC's laughably stupid cyber-nobel outfit. Seriously that looks like some crap torn from Gust's games.

He's attempting to emulate Lelouch.

tumblr_nm5krdQ9j81r1alb2o1_540.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

You see the leftmost girl? Look along her right (your left) hip. In retrospect, it's plain as day...

aw great now he got me doing it

Oh ok I see it now. Stop reaching for this shit perves

The Zero outfit was always way cooler...

Zero-lelouch-lamperouge-zero-5630913-217

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah... yeah I can see that.

CBi5-v4WMAEWXnT.png

that's it that sums up the negative reactions in a nutshell (based gaf)

the only thing missing is people swearing up and down that the game's a playstation vita title

And this is why Neogaf needs to keep talking about anime. This is basically my reaction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, considering the selective memory, anger at not meeting fake expectations generated by a trailer practically screaming "this is not how it's going to be", and the pages of "what is anime discussion", I maintain GAF is to be banned from talking about anime, together with Tumblr, and probably /v/

EDIT: 8/v/ knows how to discuss anime and weeaboos, they can stay

• Thumbs Up 1

There was an apocalypse scene in the trailer so who knows, maybe the game is gonna be darker than the trailer is letting us on.

Y'know, this reminds me of when Mario 3D World was first unveiled. People absolutely hated it and even said that Sonic Lost World looked better (lol)...and then the 2nd trailer happened. Maybe it'll be the same case here.

• Thumbs Up 1

A quick glance at 8/v/ has already shown a level of understanding above GAF and the repeated idea that this is setting up to be, like the first SMT, "everything's fine OH NO THE APOLCALTPYPSE"

The flooded city in the end does kinda hint at that, curious how that goes.

Uhhh...

tumblr_njqpovJm6m1tda6puo3_540.gif

Okay.

Welp...

That was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different from what I was thinking it was gonna be.

Was 117% surprised when the song came on.

Honestly a lot of the visuals, especially the 2D renders of the characters, remind me a little more of like Etrian Odyssey and Conception II than it does Persona.

Well...I'm curious, at least.

But, was that worth the two-year wait?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4WO0mirjlQ

but nah for real, I'm interested. Not excited, but interested (not morbid-curiosity-interested, like genuinely interested) at the very least.

I'll buy it. Could do with a solid RPG on the Wii U.

The visuals remind me heavily of Dragon Quest, I think. Massive amounts of saturation. Love it!

Holy crap, that was... Different. Not remotely what I was expecting, but the whole thing is so fucking nuts and vibrantly coloured that I honestly can't really complain.

• Thumbs Up 2

CBi5-v4WMAEWXnT.png

that's it that sums up the negative reactions in a nutshell (based gaf)

the only thing missing is people swearing up and down that the game's a playstation vita title

The Miyazaki quote fucking kills me every time

tumblr_niqmkbrVqB1u9o7gzo2_500.gif

preach it brother 

• Thumbs Up 3

The Miyazaki quote fucking kills me every time

tumblr_niqmkbrVqB1u9o7gzo2_500.gif

preach it brother 

It's also a fake quote and he was originally talking about planes, IIRC. Came from a blog full of fake Miyazaki quotes. Although he has criticized "otaku culture" in the past.

But anyway, I didn't know what to make of the trailer. It really wasn't what I was expecting at all. We've hit max anime. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm honestly looking forward to it, but I could not at all tell it was SMT X Fire Emblem when I first saw it. After I figured it out I rewatched it in higher quality and I could pick out a few of the FE faces. This is definitely going to be a weird game. It'll also be the first M-rated game I've ever bought...

• Thumbs Up 1

Has it been confirmed to be M-rated?

Honestly, with the visuals I could definitely see this game going down to a T. I didn't sense any blood, gore, demonic, etc themes. This might explain the different approach.