Awoo.

Shin Megami Tensei (and related games) discussion.

Crystal Kingfisher

people from GAF should be forbidden from commenting about this game :V

I'm dying. This is the same forum that pooped their pants when Persona 5 got announced. Now everyone is complaining this looks like a Persona game.

wut

• Thumbs Up 1

Im sorry am I supposed to be disgusted or something? I admit ive never played a game from either series but the artstyle is pretty standard. I dont have any stigma agaisnt anime as a genre so it just looks pretty average to me visual wise

I'm dying. This is the same forum that pooped their pants when Persona 5 got announced. Now everyone is complaining this looks like a Persona game.

wut

I'm gonna laugh when this game ends being dark as shit and then people start praising it as the best thing ever.

No one is claiming the series that has a demon penis is devoid of silliness.

autosaver posted too soon- that was meant to go right under Sami posting that art and apparently going "this is SMT it's dark and serious"

now the context is ruined

smt4horror-banner.jpg

look how mature shin megami tensei is guys

(I own SMTIV and it's a funny game. go buy it)

• Thumbs Up 3

Persona 5 and this game despite being somewhat similar actually look nothing alike. Not even Persona Fucking 4 looks like this. This just has that trashy anime aesthetic, the type you'd see in a really bad anime as opposed to a good one. 

I'll have you know that this is pretty much gatchaman crowds the game visually, and gatchaman crowds is genuinely amazing

you think gatchaman crowds looks like shit then fite me irl you scrub

(worst part here is the neptunia armours p.much, everything else just looks a tad more pastel from persona- I can understand the upset from the fact there's next to no FE here, but it still looks good m8)

smt4horror-banner.jpg

As long as you're voiced by someone as badass as Liam 'O Brien, you can make all the silly faces you want and still mantain your dignity.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll have you know that this is pretty much gatchaman crowds the game visually, and gatchaman crowds is genuinely amazing

you think gatchaman crowds looks like shit then fite me irl you scrub

(worst part here is the neptunia armours p.much, everything else just looks a tad more pastel from persona- I can understand the upset from the fact there's next to no FE here, but it still looks good m8)

IDK man I feel even GC is not as crazy and animu as this (from what I've seen). 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm mixed on this game's reveal trailer. On its own it doesn't look bad and I don't hate the overly 'anime' aesthetic. If anything it just clicks to me as generic Persona attire. The overworld looks really cool too I like that a lot.

But at the same time, this isn't Persona, this is SMT so I can get around why so many people are mad. I'm kind of annoyed at how overly optimistic it looks considering Devil Survivor's one of my favorite games and I liked the atmosphere of that game a lot so yeah.

If anything I'm mostly annoyed that the combat looks like Persona and not Fire Emblem. Combat's one of the biggest reasons I never bothered to finish Persona 3, sadly.

autosaver posted too soon- that was meant to go right under Sami posting that art and apparently going "this is SMT it's dark and serious"

now the context is ruined

smt4horror-banner.jpg

hey guys there's this thing called comic relief it's a thing you're allowed to put in generally dark and serious stories to keep the audience engaged 

2ee.jpg

LOOK GUYS DARK SOULS HAD FUNNY MOMENTS AND FUN CHARACTERS OBVIOUSLY IT'S A FUN FAMILY COMEDY AND NOT AT ALL SERIOUS

• Thumbs Up 6

hey guys there's this thing called comic relief it's a thing you're allowed to put in generally dark and serious stories to keep the audience engaged 

congratulations, you found the joke

happy april fools everyone!

IDK man I feel even GC is not as crazy and animu as this (from what I've seen). 

nah, visually it's channeling much on the same stuff, the same kind of colour use, the same logic on the armours except in here the girls get skimpier ones than in GC (hence my comparisons to Neptunia), etc

see also: denpa onno's opening, bakemonogatari when it wants to, humanity has declined

it's a pretty neat visuals, and again, pretty much persona 4 with just a touch more pastel

see also Jojo in terms of the use of the colour, just not as gaudy

@Sami- you were trying to imply the games were all like the mood given by that image, though, when it's not, that's the point :V

• Thumbs Up 1

pfft I'm pretty sure PSI pre-ordered like six copies the moment he saw the magical girl costume

and relax man I'm just joking lol, you can turn that shit right back on me the moment I call something "too dark"

Okay, no, seriously. Fuck off.. How DARE I be optimistic that a game that only had a sub 2 minute trailer with barely any info on it might actually be more than what it seems. How fucking DARE I!?

Everyone needs to chill, lol.

it's a game that stars ponies with butt rockets. no fighting. pls

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, no, seriously. Fuck off.. How DARE I be optimistic that a game that only had a sub 2 minute trailer with barely any info on it might actually be more than what it seems. How fucking DARE I!?

• Thumbs Up 4

Sami is just upset that his new fap material is drawing attention away from Bloodborne.

• Thumbs Up 6