Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

Greetings, everyone! Here's Bowser participating in the "Rhythmic Gymnastics" event for your amusement:

• Thumbs Up 2

So earlier I managed to beat all 50 achievements on the 3DS. Aside from earning the Chain Chomp Club and getting the full picture, what does it earn you?

A bit of a different title screen. The top screen is the same, the bottom screen lowers the instructions to have "Puzzle Complete" in rainbow text in the middle and renders of Mario and Sonic giving the thumbs up at either side.

3 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

A bit of a different title screen. The top screen is the same, the bottom screen lowers the instructions to have "Puzzle Complete" in rainbow text in the middle and renders of Mario and Sonic giving the thumbs up at either side.

It would've been more satisfying if beating all of those achievements gave you the chance to play as all 40 characters in each of the events.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SilverStarN64 said:

It would've been more satisfying if beating all of those achievements gave you the chance to play as all 40 characters in each of the events.

That'd be a really stupid criteria for a feature that should've been in the game from the start.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

That'd be a really stupid criteria for a feature that should've been in the game from the start.

That's the whole point. You missed the joke there.

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I'd rather earn that privilege, than to not get that feature at all. That's what made Mario Kart DS a rewarding experience. First you unlock vehicles that only certain characters can drive, but as you get gold cups for each Race Cups, you earn the privilege to use all vehicles for each character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:51 PM, Super CC14 RPG said:

Now this is interesting:

141w90.jpg

Seems like the Main Menu has a beach motif this time around with an explorable hub and different characters hosting each mode. Also, it has Big.

Here it is in motion

The channel also uploaded a couple of gameplay vids as well.

Spoiler

two to be exact ;)

I have to admit it's pretty good. It's a bummer there's less events but they are more cured and complex than in the past, so they are more fun and satisfying, they look more than just minigames. BMX is basically like the dream race without a fantasy setting. And the guest characters are just a bonus I guess, that's how they want us to see them; I really hope they are unlockable here like on 3DS because I want to earn them.

The trailers were still very misleading since many people believed these 20 new characters would be playable in all events, which was never going to happen, yet they treat the newcomers equally to the veterans, and only reveal the truth as close to release as possible.

Speaking of characters, I think the Dry Bowser flag that was spotted in the Wii U intro is actually a leftover and they cut him alongside the other 3DS characters due to time constraints. All of the 14 events (+3 duel events) are revealed and there are 14 newcomers, and the character select screen only has the 20 veterans as well as a "Guest" tag, so it's probably one newcomer per event. Not even all the Arcade events such as Trampoline and Hammer Throw are in the Wii U version.

So, the little amount of interest I had in the game dropped off considerably when I found out that certain characters were locked to certain events.

I dunno. I guess they were afraid that if Omega were boxing Cream, he'd accidently punch the little bunny's head off or something.

That hub world made my interest go up a good few points but not enough to get me to come back. Nice try though SEGA!

Wonder what's going on with Nintendo and their sport and party games as of late. it seems like with every iteration in general they go downhill.

Weren't the recent golf and tennis games also kind of a bomb? Kind of seems like the M&S series is suffering too as of late.

I really wish Nintendo would show more, I dunno... Something in their spin-off titles and such. I mean, heck, look how even Paper Mario is being both, treated and recepted currently.

I suppose I just want something HUGE out of every game they release whether its a main game or a spin-off game, an all or nothing effort with every project.

New overview trailer. Dry Bowser is confirmed for Javelin Throw, but I'm really confused where that leaves Boom Boom, who is seen in the intro on the podium but is not with the rest of Team Mario in Heroes' Showdown mode. There's also no event left for him assuming there's one guest character per event.

New trailer looks really good actually - definitely looks like the best Mario & Sonic title so far in terms of graphics and content. I'm glad it confirms the one thing I was hoping for - namely, that you don't have to play the game using a Wii Remote like in Sochi 2014, everything seems to be do-able with the GamePad alone.

Gutted that Rosalina appears to be exclusive to the rhythmic gymnastics event though, was looking forward to playing as her in multiple events. Oh well.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, -Ace- said:

The JP website has been updated with new videos of almost every event

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/abjj/index.html

Here's a sample video

Hide contents

Also have some new CG art ;)

chara01.png

I must admit; the new trailer was pretty good actually, I really liked it.

Also, that new CG art is pretty damn awesome! I'm so saving it to desktop.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone, I am new to this site in fact I just made my account today and I wanted to address a few things I had a problem with the Heroes Showdown Mode and my own predictions for the final roster of M&S Rio 2016 (if we assume that there are more hidden characters to unlock.

How come there's only one guest slot opened for the Sonic side in the Rhythmic Clubs event? Who's going to be the one that's exclusive to that event for the Sonic side? Here's the catch, maybe there will be two guests for each event, one for Mario, and one for Sonic. I kinda doubt that there will be 3 characters per event, since well the other two slots are darkened so I'm not too sure about that theory.

So, I will be sending you guys my prediction for the final roster! The final number count adds up to 48, more than the 3DS version's amount but it's entirely possible for the Wii U version! So without further ado, here it is:

1.) Triple Jump = King Boo (Mario Side.)
2.) 4X100 M Relay = Cream (Sonic Side.)
3.) Archery = Birdo (Mario Side.)
4.) BMX = Kamek (Mario Side.)
5.) Rhythmic Clubs = Tikal (Sonic Side.)
6.) 100 M Freestyle = Chaos (Sonic Side.)
7.) Rugby Sevens = Storm (Sonic Side)
8.) Equestrian = Eggman Nega (Sonic Side)
9.) 100 M Running = Mephiles. (Sonic Side.)
10.) Boxing = Petey Pirhana (Mario Side)
11.) Beach Volleyball = Roy (Mario side)
12.) Javelin Throw = Omega. (Sonic Side)
13.) Football = Toadette (Mario Side)
14.) Table Tennis = Ludwig (Mario Side.)

Final Roster Prediction:

Team Sonic:

1.) Mario.
2.) Luigi.
3.) Peach.
4.) Daisy.
5.) Yoshi.
6.) Wario.
7.) Waluigi.
8.) Bowser.
9.) Bowser Jr.
10.) Donkey Kong.
11.) Rosalina.
12.) Nabbit.
13.) Dry Bowser.
14.) Wendy.
15.) Larry.
16.) Toad.
17.) Diddy Kong.
18.) King Boo.
19.) Birdo.
20.) Kamek.
21.) Petey Pirhana.
22.) Roy.
23.) Toadette.
24.) Ludwig.

Team Sonic:

1.) Sonic.
2.) Tails.
3.) Knuckles.
4.) Amy.
5.) Shadow.
6.) Silver.
7.) Dr.Eggman.
8.) Metal Sonic.
9.) Vector.
10.) Blaze.
11.) Rouge.
12.) Jet.
13.) Wave.
14.) Sticks.
15.) Zazz.
16.) Espio.
17.) Zavok
18.) Cream.
19.) Tikal.
20.) Chaos.
21.) Storm.
22.) Omega.
23.) Eggman Nega.
24.) Mephiles.

Sorry if I added Mephiles, but I couldn't really think of any other character besides Marine and the other E-Series robots.. I am not familiar with any of the Archie comic book characters, but I do know a bit of Princess Sally's character. What do you guys think, do you see my prediction actually happening? 

I also put Kamek in because he is fought in the BMX event on the 3DS Version of London in Story Mode. If you feel the need to critique, please by all means feel free to do so! If you disagree with my choices, tell me I don't mind. Hope to hear from you guys soon! :)

35 minutes ago, Artemis200 said:

Hi everyone, I am new to this site in fact I just made my account today and I wanted to address a few things I had a problem with the Heroes Showdown Mode and my own predictions for the final roster of M&S Rio 2016 (if we assume that there are more hidden characters to unlock.

How come there's only one guest slot opened for the Sonic side in the Rhythmic Clubs event? Who's going to be the one that's exclusive to that event for the Sonic side? Here's the catch, maybe there will be two guests for each event, one for Mario, and one for Sonic. I kinda doubt that there will be 3 characters per event, since well the other two slots are darkened so I'm not too sure about that theory.

So, I will be sending you guys my prediction for the final roster! The final number count adds up to 48, more than the 3DS version's amount but it's entirely possible for the Wii U version! So without further ado, here it is:

1.) Triple Jump = King Boo (Mario Side.)
2.) 4X100 M Relay = Cream (Sonic Side.)
3.) Archery = Birdo (Mario Side.)
4.) BMX = Kamek (Mario Side.)
5.) Rhythmic Clubs = Tikal (Sonic Side.)
6.) 100 M Freestyle = Chaos (Sonic Side.)
7.) Rugby Sevens = Storm (Sonic Side)
8.) Equestrian = Eggman Nega (Sonic Side)
9.) 100 M Running = Mephiles. (Sonic Side.)
10.) Boxing = Petey Pirhana (Mario Side)
11.) Beach Volleyball = Roy (Mario side)
12.) Javelin Throw = Omega. (Sonic Side)
13.) Football = Toadette (Mario Side)
14.) Table Tennis = Ludwig (Mario Side.)

Final Roster Prediction:

Team Sonic:

1.) Mario.
2.) Luigi.
3.) Peach.
4.) Daisy.
5.) Yoshi.
6.) Wario.
7.) Waluigi.
8.) Bowser.
9.) Bowser Jr.
10.) Donkey Kong.
11.) Rosalina.
12.) Nabbit.
13.) Dry Bowser.
14.) Wendy.
15.) Larry.
16.) Toad.
17.) Diddy Kong.
18.) King Boo.
19.) Birdo.
20.) Kamek.
21.) Petey Pirhana.
22.) Roy.
23.) Toadette.
24.) Ludwig.

Team Sonic:

1.) Sonic.
2.) Tails.
3.) Knuckles.
4.) Amy.
5.) Shadow.
6.) Silver.
7.) Dr.Eggman.
8.) Metal Sonic.
9.) Vector.
10.) Blaze.
11.) Rouge.
12.) Jet.
13.) Wave.
14.) Sticks.
15.) Zazz.
16.) Espio.
17.) Zavok
18.) Cream.
19.) Tikal.
20.) Chaos.
21.) Storm.
22.) Omega.
23.) Eggman Nega.
24.) Mephiles.

Sorry if I added Mephiles, but I couldn't really think of any other character besides Marine and the other E-Series robots.. I am not familiar with any of the Archie comic book characters, but I do know a bit of Princess Sally's character. What do you guys think, do you see my prediction actually happening? 

I also put Kamek in because he is fought in the BMX event on the 3DS Version of London in Story Mode. If you feel the need to critique, please by all means feel free to do so! If you disagree with my choices, tell me I don't mind. Hope to hear from you guys soon! :)

Nearly perfect as DLC if the game receives decent reviews in the first place.

34 minutes ago, BLUzCLUz said:

Nearly perfect as DLC if the game receives decent reviews in the first place.

Really? Wow, thanks! I really do hope that they update the game monthly after it comes out. What were some of the things that you didn't like about my prediction? I know Chaos and Mephiles are a bit of a stretch, but seriously what other characters are available? You could say that Chris Thorndyke or Cosmo might appear, but that'll never happen in a million years. Sonic Sonic X isn't canon right? Or is it just a completely different universe like how Sonic Boom is? Also, I understand that TIkal might not be a character that people want to see in the game, but it would make sense to put her in as a guest in the Rhythmic Clubs event. 

I just realized that I forgot about Boom Boom in the prediction, but the thing is what event will he be exclusive to? Most likely Javelin Throw since he is obviously a power type character.  We should all send an email to Nintendo or Sega telling them to update the game or add in Day One DLC. I really want to continue to have high hopes for this game, and they really showed their efforts this time around! Either way, I hope at the very least, that one of my theories is true. I have confidence in my prediction, I mean it totally makes sense to add in Petey as an exclusive to boxing right for the Mario Side right? There's no need to ask any more questions from there honestly. 

What do you think is going to happen? Do you also believe that there is going to potentially be updates in the future once the game comes out? 

If anyone's curious, we've got showings of the flags for Jet, Espio, Wendy and Toad in the new batch of screenshots, adding to the ones seen for Nabbit, Diddy and Rouge. Wave is much clearer as well, but you can see hers in the 3DS version if you look really carefully on her bike.

Personally, I'll take the changes if it means actual gameplay depth, because that combined with fun games means it'd be a nice addition to my party lineup

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, he is basically the single most vicious character to women in the Sonic franchise. Dishing out revenge seems fair.

Two screenies I found interesting aside from the flags and the glory of Espio;

17.png

You can talk to Eggman in the hub, so it seems like there'll be some interactivity with the main roster. I wonder if the guest characters will be there too. Hopefully there's some interesting stuff there.

16.png

The Mii to the very left is wearing a Charmy helmet with ordinary t-shirt. Will all the costumes be in separate parts, or just a select number?