Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

56 minutes ago, Jango said:

Two words my friend: fanservice. No, that's actually one word.

I thought fanservice was something people ask for.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems more like a Mario and Sonic running joke for all the girls to be social with Blaze. Amy and Blaze have a special animation too, despite not meeting in Sonic '06 despite being on the same team and their interaction in Sonic Rush being...frosty. 

Sooo, there is a "Go Sonic!" plugged into the opening and closing of that Rio Song.

Safe to say the guys who sung it were fans of team Sonic lol

So I've been doing a little bit of experimentation, and I've found something out; once you unlock the ability to play as franchise characters in tournaments, they have a certain pool of characters that can be mystery challengers. For each character, this consists of about five characters from the opposite team (so Mario characters have Sonic mystery challengers and vice versa). I assume this is to avoid a paradox where mystery challengers can't talk about the person they're a rival to while coming off as completely ignoring the fact they're talking to them.

That said, depending on the pool of the character, this isn't entirely avoided with this approach...

wCOaM90.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 9:55 AM, VEDJ-F said:

It seems more like a Mario and Sonic running joke for all the girls to be social with Blaze. Amy and Blaze have a special animation too, despite not meeting in Sonic '06 despite being on the same team and their interaction in Sonic Rush being...frosty. 

Their first meeting was shakey, but later on, it showed that Amy really opened up to Blaze as a friend. Not to mention how Cream was friends with Blaze, which likely gave Amy more of a reason to get along with her. Seriously though, the victory animation for Rouge and Blaze makes no sense, especially since they acted like they were best friends or something. I doubt Blaze would ever trust Rouge, considering how she herself is royalty, and Rouge is a double crossing thief. For all we know, Rouge could someday kidnap Blaze, and hold her over a royal ransom! 

I was shocked Amy and Rouge didn't get a victory animation, they are rivals after all. It could have showed Rouge bump Amy with her hip, followed by Amy pushing Rouge, after a bit of pushing, the girls would stop, and turn back to the crowd and continue waving. 

Knuckles and Rouge could have had Rouge flying behind Knuckles, and tapping his head or shoulder, and Knuckles would keep turning around, trying to stop her. 

Shadow and Rouge is the most obvious one that should have been used, since they are such good friends, partners, and both trust each other more than anyone else they know. They could have had it where Rouge is waving, but Shadow is standing there with his arms folded, with a non amused look on his face. Rouge would then look over, and elbow Shadow to lighten up. Shadow would then roll his eyes, and start waving to the crowd, while still looking unamused. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So yeah Blaze and Rouge do have their own animation it's pretty cute!

If it doesn't work, skip to 3:48.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/9/2016 at 9:28 PM, SpongicX said:

I was shocked Amy and Rouge didn't get a victory animation, they are rivals after all. I

...since when?

No seriously, this is a genuine question

Since that one fight during the Sonic Battle Arc from Sonic X.

Since a few interactions in the preboot of the comics.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

...since when?

No seriously, this is a genuine question

Since any time they interacted except ShtH.

Shadow and Silver's victory animation should have been Shadow kicking Silver in the head off the podium. 

I really liked the Sonic and Jet one.

I see there's special animations with some of the one-shot playable characters too so I'm assuming only Rouge and Toad were playable in that event?

Also, Toad was playable? Did I miss that when it happened... I guess I just assumed he'd stay a ref...

7 minutes ago, Detective Chameleon said:

Since any time they interacted except ShtH.

Ok if you say so...

I don't remember this, I don't think not liking a person who happens to be the same gender as you makes you rivals, it just means you aren't fond of the person. But maybe I missed something more than that. I thought their relationship was accurately explained in that treasure team tango thing in the comics, She can talk to shadow because rouge is a sociopath.You think it would come up in the comics... I guess we will see in a month or so.

But maybe I legit missed something, i'm not fond of game amy, so maybe I erased this from my memory entirely.

The reason this legitimately confuses me, because I would at least seen other people talk about this, I don't see this talked about, not in fanworks or anything. So this legt cough me off guard. So if this is true thanks for telling me, maybe a bunch of people just excised this from their memories, it i game amy. That is possible

3 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Shadow and Silver's victory animation should have been Shadow kicking Silver in the head off the podium. 

Their victory animation shouldn't even really be hostile, as hilarious as that maybe. The last time silver met shadow, and the time before that was shadow helping him with all his problems and doing his job.. Why is their victory animation so angry, its very odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aside form Sonic Battle (it was in the game, not just the mangled Sonic X adaptation), I can't think of another instance where Amy would have directly interacted with Rouge, since even the main game for such conflicts (Sonic Heroes) didn't have team Dark and team Rose interact. 

Well, okay, there's two; Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Free Riders, and I'm not even sure if they had such moments in those games. 

Shadow and Silver at least have the Sonic Rivals series to excuse their friction. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

I see there's special animations with some of the one-shot playable characters too so I'm assuming only Rouge and Toad were playable in that event?

Also, Toad was playable? Did I miss that when it happened... I guess I just assumed he'd stay a ref...

No, every newcomer is exclusive to one event, and every event only has one new character.

And Toad is the Wii U version's sole exclusive character. They could've given Team Sonic one, as well, but that would've required effort.

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

No, every newcomer is exclusive to one event, and every event only has one new character.

And Toad is the Wii U version's sole exclusive character. They could've given Team Sonic one, as well, but that would've required effort.

That would have required taking the other ref character that should have been playable and making him playable.

I see now. I get it. It's a conspiracy against me isn't it! I bet the next time the next game comes out they're gonna have slots available for all the missing team members except the Chaotix. They're gonna let Big be playable. And then let Omega and Rouge get full playability. And then they're gonna let Storm get in. And they're gonna let all the Deadly Six get in. And then as they announce the last slot, I'll sit there with bated breath for what I've wanted the most they'll finally make the announcement.

"And now, the last member of Team Chaotix! The open slot goes to... Brendan Fraser, star of The Mummy and some other films!" And then Iizuka would be like "Ah yes. It's finally time for Brendan Fraser, Star of the Mummy and some other films, to make his debut in the Sonic and Mario Olympic Games. I loved his role as that one security guard that got fired because Daffy Duck crashed the batmobile into the Water Tower in Looney Tunes: Back in Action!"

That's the new Team Chaotix. Vector, Espio, and Brendan Fraser, star of the mummy and some other films.

latest?cb=20111101220952&format=webplatest?cb=20111101220846&format=webpBrenden_Fraser_star_of_the_mummy_and_som

Can you tell that I'm bitter?

I may be just a tad.

I'm just-I'm just-I'M JUST A TAD BIT BITTER! Ya know?

(Not really, I'm just fucking around).

Toad's equivalent character is technically Cream since they're both considered hosts (although she serves as a stall holder akin to...a generic Pianta). Charmy is more akin to Lakitu. 

There's a Mii on the Rio beach saying how he looks forward to see Wendy Koopa participate in Ice Skating in the Winter Olympics, so I guess the Guests are probably going to stick from now on. Let's just hope they don't want an even number of good guys and baddies again or we'll have Zomom, Storm and Egg Pawn playable before the likes of Charmy. But I do think this series will not stop if it hasn't after Sochi, and this game seems to be doing better.

Also, is it just me or is Big just enormous here? I was running around as Vector and seriously, it looked like Big could swallow him whole. I don't think their difference was as extreme in Heroes.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Toad's equivalent character is technically Cream since they're both considered hosts (although she serves as a stall holder akin to...a generic Pianta). Charmy is more akin to Lakitu. 

Well some would argue that she has as much personality as a piniata

2 hours ago, Detective Chameleon said:

The reason is that they are so different, yet both are strong women.

1) thats not a real reason, being the same gender does not make you someones rival. 

2) also glad im not alone in not remembering that at all.

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Aside form Sonic Battle (it was in the game, not just the mangled Sonic X adaptation), I can't think of another instance where Amy would have directly interacted with Rouge, since even the main game for such conflicts (Sonic Heroes) didn't have team Dark and team Rose interact. 

Well, okay, there's two; Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Free Riders, and I'm not even sure if they had such moments in those games. 

Shadow and Silver at least have the Sonic Rivals series to excuse their friction. 

Ok so im not weird they dont even talk, so where is this rival shit coming from.

In regards to free riders, amy gets upset at team dark for being jerks...but nothing like rouge specific. Tbh they could have been replaced with fang bean and....the bear guy, doing the same thing and it would have been the same. They needed animosity but, its generic and nothing.

As far as chronicle goes its a garbo game for garbage people. Sega even knows that so its not canon.

So can honestly slash those of the list. 

So you have sonic battle, one actual instance.

And sonic x a cartoon that is not canon.

So unless they have serious beef in sonic runners, that rivalry seems like a thing someone made up. 

To me, it still is pretty stupid for them to do this whole 'newcomers are locked to one event only thing though.'

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Not really.

Just now, Omega Pipe said:

To me, it still is pretty stupid for them to do this whole 'newcomers are locked to one event only thing though.'

Not really.

I agree with you

But cream is a character who isnt liked very much. And everytime i am reminded, it confuses me. People find her...dull.

The irony is that it's been doing okay in reviews from what I've seen. High end of 6 isn't mind blowing, but it's not bad either. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

So she's a color-blind, ungrateful, brain-dead jerk that makes heroes clean up messes they didn't cause and rewards them with nothing but a postcard?

And there's no excuse for locking characters to certain events on the Wii U version; that'd be like if Rosalina was only playable in World Star in 3D World. "Lack of effort" has been synonymous with this series since Beijing, and it's just about reached its peak here.