Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

I already got my Dark Pit! Also, when I got my refund for Pit and Wii Fit Trainer, the two arrived, but my mom says for me to just keep them without paying. Also, I finally got Ness! Original 12 Smashers is completed! Buncha Pittoonatics, I hate those guys! Nintendo needs to add an amiibo factory in America!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Dark Pit is out today.. Thought I'd wake up early and see how a local Best Buy was doing.

I arrived just as the store was opening and counted about 30 people in line.

Most people lined up in front of customer service while a handful dashed to the Amiibo section of the store (nothing there)

Best Buy were doing ok! They started to open registers to speed things along and had a 1 per person policy :)

.. Then things quickly got sour :( 

After the first 15 people got theirs we were told there were no more available to people without "tickets" Not sure how one obtained a "ticket" since apparently you could not pre-order or purchase online.. I'm guessing a small number of people who were in line early received a "ticket" and we're allowed to leave and come back later?

Anyway, the line quickly dispersed with people shrugging, swearing and asking themselves "why!?"

We were then told that people with a "ticket" had til 1pm to pick up their Dark Pits before remaining stock went up on shelves.. So a small number of people decided to stick around and wait an additional 3 hours :P

tl;dr - another US Amiibo release disaster 

The Best Buy in my town didn't mention anything about tickets. Then again I was fifth in line.

I was glad that they only allowed one Dark Pit per person. Especially since the person in front of me in line was a scalper gloating about how he bought up most of the Meta Knight stock.

Buncha Pittoonatics, I hate those guys! Nintendo needs to add an amiibo factory in America!

... What's wrong with Dark Pit fans? :V

Yeah, so I decided to make a quick round to some stores about an hour after opening on Friday and actually managed to find a store that had two left. The rest were completely sold out (and by what some employees were saying they didn't even have enough to meet the demand of the people that lines up). I guess I found a low traffic bb. Though, I can't say my friends who were actually looking to get one got out so lucky.

At about 9 I received this picture from one of them:

1z3870k.jpg

They said that they got there three hours before and were like 20 something in line. They weren't able to get one there. They sounded livid as it seems the bb didn't know what they were doing and let everyone run to the Amiibo section. I'm guessing some assholes probably grabbed more than one as well. They were able to snag one each at another location but man did they seem pissed. Definitely glad I ended up just importing mine. From what I saw, this definitely went a bit better than with MK (though that really isn't saying much) but I still think bb is a fair bit behind most of the other retailers. Though, it is nice that it seems most people who cared enough to get out there early were able to get one. This Amiibo situation is still pretty awful but I'd be lying if this isn't a slight improvement over before.

... What's wrong with Dark Pit fans? :V

Yeah, so I decided to make a quick round to some stores about an hour after opening on Friday and actually managed to find a store that had two left. The rest were completely sold out (and by what some employees were saying they didn't even have enough to meet the demand of the people that lines up). I guess I found a low traffic bb. Though, I can't say my friends who were actually looking to get one got out so lucky.

At about 9 I received this picture from one of them:

1z3870k.jpg

They said that they got there three hours before and were like 20 something in line. They weren't able to get one there. They sounded livid as it seems the bb didn't know what they were doing and let everyone run to the Amiibo section. I'm guessing some assholes probably grabbed more than one as well. They were able to snag one each at another location but man did they seem pissed. Definitely glad I ended up just importing mine. From what I saw, this definitely went a bit better than with MK (though that really isn't saying much) but I still think bb is a fair bit behind most of the other retailers. Though, it is nice that it seems most people who cared enough to get out there early were able to get one. This Amiibo situation is still pretty awful but I'd be lying if this isn't a slight improvement over before.

There's nothing wrong with the Dark Pit fans, it's just that We had to put up with such rabid amiibo collectors. Guess I've been lucky. Back in June, I happened to have just HEARD about the Meta Knight Restock, and I wasn't even looking for the guy, then BAM! I got him. And last week, I was one of the last two people to get a Dark Pit ticket, and it was on the Mall Side of the Best Buy. Add to the fact that my mom said for me to KEEP the Pit and Wii FIt Trainer after taking TOO long to get here, and me getting a refund, and it was obvious luck. I didn't even know I was getting the first Pit, that day, when I bought a second one from California. I should get the mail, tomorrow.

Those of you still interested in these figurines (I'm not sure why you would be - Nintendo of America is really bad at making this consumer friendly):

297284-A1.jpg

For the Americas:

• Zero Suit Samus [9/11]
  • Pikmin & Olimar [9/11]
  • Bowser Jr. [9/11] - Apparently exclusive to ToysRUs?
  • Dr.Mario [9/11]
  • Ganondorf [9/11]
  • Retro Mario [9/11] - Should be sold separately as well as in a bundle. ToysRUs has a promotion in the United States and parts of Canada to reserve one if you preorder Mario Maker from them.
  • Retro 3 Pack [9/25] - Sold as one combined set, will not be sold separately like the other regions, does not follow a similar design as the Splatoon set with two being available individually. Exclusive to GameStop in the United States but unsure if EBGames will be picking it up in Canada (highly likely, however). Preorders for this begin on Saturday (Aug 8th) with about 30 allotted per store.
  • Mii Fighters 3 Pack [November] - Estimated. Assume release date close to that of Falco.
  • Falco [November] - Probably.

Assume each of the following stores receive one exclusive from the list above (GameStop and TRU excluded due to above comments):

• WalmartCA - Doesn't share exclusives with US.
  • WalmartUS
  • Target
  • Best Buy
  • EB Games - Possibly Retro 3 Pack, unconfirmed by EB.
  • Amazon - Possibly
Edited by Chris
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've had little to no trouble with getting amiibo, and I live in the US. I even found a Jigglypuff (3 of them actually) at a Target, a used Fox at GameStop, Dark Pit was easy to get (they had like, 5 or 6 boxes full of them), Ness has been restocked twice, Charizard's been showing up and Toads have been everywhere suddenly. I found a Wario and Marth just sitting there on the shelf on different occasions.

Maybe I've just been extremely lucky with these amiibo. The only ones I haven't been able to get that I want are Greninja, Pit and Villager. I only had to import Ike (because I had the chance to pre-order him and Shulk, but was worried about money so I only got Shulk) so far.

The only one I wanted was Ganondorf (and my wife wanted Palutena, who is already out), and her friend from Wales got those for us. And an Ike. I still want Marth, Robin, and Lucina, though, if I can somehow find them.

So, yeah, I'm good this wave. If they announce a Zelda or DK Amiibo line for next year, I'll get any characters I don't have already in the Smash set (unless Tingle is added to the Zelda line, in which case I'd definitely pass on him). As well as K. Rool and/or Isaac IF they end up as Smash DLC.

Wait so I can't get ROB on his own? That is really freaking stupid. Yea, it's nice to get three Amiibos but I don't have the money to get the three pack.  I really wish they handle these Amiibos properly instead of screwing people over and basically make them hard to get.

Wait so I can't get ROB on his own? That is really freaking stupid. Yea, it's nice to get three Amiibos but I don't have the money to get the three pack.  I really wish they handle these Amiibos properly instead of screwing people over and basically make them hard to get.

Hint: Import. You can do this to get the Squid amiibo as well.

Why though

I shouldn't have to import to get one figure. I should be able to easily pick up the figure and go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why though

I shouldn't have to import to get one figure. I should be able to easily pick up the figure and go.

If you do end up importing R.O.B, keep in mind that the European versions are of the same colour scheme that the Americas will be getting, while the Japanese version is with the Famicom colours.

In addition to my earlier post, Dr.Mario isn't listed on AmazonCA nor AmazonUS' placeholders. He's most likely exclusive to another retailer.

Edit: Dr.Mario exclusive to Target and WalmartCA. Grain of salt, etc.

Edited by Chris

Store exclusivity doesn't seem to be a big thing in the UK. I'm not big on amiibo collecting but I wanna get myself Falco to go with my Fox. Anyone of a British persuasion have any tips or tricks on how to prepare for getting that one amiibo you really want?

Amiibo in the UK have gotten MUCH easier to get in the past month or so.

It's simply a matter of keeping an eye on a few retailers (GAME, Argos, Smyths etc) and then just ordering when you see them. Even the official Nintendo Store has been pretty great with Amiibo availability as of late. Another hint I have (if you don't want to pre-order) is to not just check online stock, but local store stock as well. This is especially true for places like GAME and Argos.

I'm pretty sure Falco won't be available to P/O for a little bit anyhow.

Amiibo hunting in Australia's now really easy! Stores everywhere have restocked almost all amiibo at least once (The latest being Shulk and Sheik).

Before about June, they were so sparse. You'd have to pre-order or wait outside a store to get them and there'd be no stock left an hour after they released. Stores would also break street dates because they didn't know there was a release date for them (like K-Mart).

Quickly snapped pics of my current collection (I have no room for them all!)

VAjxqyg.jpg

Edited by SuperAj3
  • Thumbs Up 1

But you'd end up with the Famicom Variant, if you do.

Also, I'll have to head to the mall, and arrive around 8:00, if I hope to be one of the First 30 Pre-Orderers. Good thing is I can pay for part of the bundle then, and pay for the rest, next month.

I can only buy Mario, Luigi, or Diddy....

Which one is better?

Of the three, Mario undoubtedly has more going for him as far as unlockables are concerned. Diddy doesn't really have any unlockables yet. (Then again, I'd pick Diddy personally simply because he's a more interesting character IMO. :D)

Sadly, i would want a Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man, but none of those were available in any of my stores

Sadly, i would want a Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man, but none of those were available in any of my stores

Sonic and Mega Man are reasonably common. Usually when I check I often see Sonic and Mega Man around, and they tend to always be on Amazon as well (of the three third-parties, Mega Man currently isn't available at the default price).

Welp, looks like I'm gonna have to camp outside of Toys R Us to get me a clown prince for my collection.

It's bad enough that Blue Yarn Yoshi's gonna be an exclusive here in the US, but now all three of the ones I want will be hard to find! (The third one is Dark Dong in Skylanders Superchargers)

I kinda regret picking up Dark Pit; I don't know what to do with him!