Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Leaderboards updated! With that said, I finished Sam and Max, Episodes 3, 4, 5, and 6!

header.jpg?t=1389047595

Developed by Telltale Games

Released on: all major consoles of 7th gen

Proof:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439485598(Ep 3)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439568548(Ep 4)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439596559(Ep 5)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439630925(Ep 6)

-Played through episodes 1-3, last year, didn't finish 3 til Today.

-Played on PC with no achievements, thus a harder way to show proof.

-

The Sam and Max games are fun adventure titles that are absolutely ridiculous and absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, puzzles themselves are either sometimes way too obvious or way too difficult to get through. My big problem with the game is it's overall repetitiveness. You'll constantly walk from place to place doing different things, but it doesn't change the fact that you'll probably go in a area, take something, go all the way back to another area, and use that item.

Episode 3 was alright and had it's moments. It cracked a lot of mafia jokes, and the ending was a solid conclusion.

Episode 4 was alright, although it was fun seeing Max screw around with being President.

Episode 5 is my personal favorite though. Fun references, silly jokes, and a interesting gimmick that gave smart puzzles, it was the best out of the entire season. Bonus Points because Sam made a horrible Mario joke.

Episode 6, the finale was decent too. A lot of the characters return from past episodes and the Max doppelganger parts were great as well. The final encounter, not so much. It's really you using the magician's tailsman over and over and over, and it's really boring. You only make 1-4 subtle differences and the game is over. Bam.

I'll be tackling the next two seasons later!

lzMygh9.jpg

Donald Duck Goin' Quackers - PSOne - Ubisoft

Man now this was a game I never thought I'd play again, I think last time I played it was some good 8-7 years ago. I had no idea this was made by Ubisoft, I got so surprised when I found out this week, and it's not perfect, but it's a good game, level design is good, nothing too much challenging honestly, but it's pretty neat sometimes, the stages all have a charm that keeps the game from being just another random 3D Platformer, which helps with the mood a lot and makes you forget you're playing a pretty easy game.

Now I'll tell you what isn't easy.

That fucking Final Boss

I lost twenty lives to that fucker, Goddamn, it's a good thing this game just showers you with those.

• Thumbs Up 1

11259478_10203100099977464_7381239736852 

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (PS1)

Ho boy the memories on this one. One of my first proper games (I shared it with my bro so not really my first). This game is really easy now (except for Level 5, which can go jump off a bridge. I do enjoy it, especially the Mos Espa sections and some of the silly conversations you can have. Nowhere near a masterpiece but still a bit of fun.

My next update is going to be one massive one. There's going to be at least 9 games,

Updated with Ratcicle King and The Tenth Doctor.

Also, I've added a game I just finished.

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, for the GBA

zgNxtTd.png

I so regret not having the original cartridge anymore. This game was so much fun, and I'd say, it was the one that made me a traditional gameplay Kirby fan.

And it's awesome that, despite all those years, I remember every secret this game had. 2 days and I 100%ed it.

(How do you colour the line yellow in the board, though?)

• Thumbs Up 1

ySb92ef.jpg

There's how the cell colouring works; just select the game in the table, and do what's in the image. 

• Thumbs Up 2

ySb92ef.jpg

There's how the cell colouring works; just select the game in the table, and do what's in the image. 

heh, I remember when I first helped out I had no idea how to change the color of the cell, and when I did figure out it took about 8 tries to find the right color.

• Thumbs Up 1

Time for a massive update then.

The total number of games to be added: 9

1. Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4) - 100% Complete

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2576-Octodad-Dadliest-Catch/ryannumber3gamer

I had first finished the game in November 2014 but I did a clean playthrough to clean up collectables and trophies and finally did a 100% Playthrough this time. Overall, it's a fun little indie although really short considering the price, but the charming humor, plus the situations in of themself is so damn entertaining.

2-6. Back to the Future the Game Episodes 1-5 (PS3) All Episodes 100% Complete (Done on my second PSN account as I had already previously completed all 5 episodes 100%)

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1142-Back-to-the-Future-The-Game/ryannumber1gamer

This is definitely one of my most favourite Telltale games, just as a Back to the Future fan. Everything about it feels exactly like how a Back to the Future Part IV should be and they perfectly nailed it, to the comedy, jokes, and more.

7. Hector: Badge of Carnage Episode 1 (IOS)

8. Hector: Badge of Carnage Episode 2 (IOS)

9. Hector: Badge of Carnage Episode 3 (IOS)

Overall, all three Hector episodes are really great adventure games, with some very tricky puzzles and some very funny humor with a great hint system for Adventure Game newcomers.

Leaderboards updated! With that said, here is what I've got done this week!

Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space EP 1 and EP 2

sam-and-max-beyond-space-and-time.jpg

Proof:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MeltingComet/screenshots/?appid=8260

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MeltingComet/screenshots/?appid=8270

The First two episodes are enjoyable, fun rides. The second season is so far off to a great start thanks to improved optimization of the PC version, which carries the resolution settings you saved when you start the first episode. Updated engine, longer gameplay, and ridiculous puzzles that are sometimes enough to seriously stump you, it's still Sam and Max, and Sam and Max is awesome.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVEN'T BEEN DOING MY JOB............ SHUT UP

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (ArcSys, 360 / 100%)

YkSQ8yr.jpg

z8NFfIH.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Murasaki Baby --- Vita --- 100%

This game is... stupid.

It's stupid because it's trying to be too clever for it's own good, sure, lets have a game which is 100% touch screen controls... which means you can't see whats going for the majority of the time. 

Puzzles are way too simple. The ending you can see coming a mile away.

But I like the art style. 

If you like stuff which is too artsy for it's own good, I highly recommend this game.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 (PS3) Complete

This has been an extremely annoying and frustrating game. The special stages suck, the level layout is shit, the gimmicks are cheap, the enemy layout is idiotic, and the bosses are either too easy or too cheap.

This game is shit. 

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/280-SONIC-THE-HEDGEHOG-4-Episode-I/ryannumber3gamer

I think I'm gonna try finishing Sonic 4 Ep 2 for my next game

Uh Ryan

Damnit I know Klonoa :P

Monster Bag --- Vita --- 100%

What starts off as being a charming little puzzle game which tells it's story through gesture and imagery becomes a frustrating "Oh I have this idea instead" kinda of game in which it sounds like they spliced a somewhat decent game and a terrible game together and decided 'yeah release that!'

I was nearly going to recommend this, but the last quarter of the game is so frustrating, just can't do it. Sigh... and it started off so good.

If you like only playing 3/4's of a game, I highly recommend Monster Bag.

Updated. I shouldn't have missed anyone but...you never know.

Also, three games beaten in the meantime:

Bust-A-Move 3 DX (PSX, Taito)

0FT4ySR.png

I had a copy of this game for as long as I remember owning a PSX, and after discovering that the ePSXe emulator can play PSX discs no problem, I decided to give it a shot once more, for old times' sake.

Of course, Twinkle was and still is my first choice. That jolly jester girl.

Burning Force (Mega Drive, Namco)

ZmLA5fw.png

Ever since I played Cupid between her and the main character of Namco High, I wanted to play the game where Hiromi was the main lead.  I really like old-school shooters (which reminds me, I've yet to play Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone), and the overall design of the characters, both enemies and allies, reminded me of those 80s Japanese cartoons I enjoyed as a kid. (And I still do, by the way)

One Piece: Grand Battle! 2 (PSX, Bandai)

TvzeSxZ.png

....Yeah, I just wanted to play a One Piece game as Nami. You know, back when she was important and not just a pair of boobs?

...Fuck current One Piece.  And the Alabasta arc was so good. I loved Little Garden. And Water 7. Thriller Bark was good too. Eh, I'm partial to Marineford. Fuck Fishmen Island. Fuck Punk Hazard. And especially, fuck Dressrosa.

Not a fan of 2 Years Later One Piece. At all.

This one took a while.

11263080_10203129798119899_3726148914998

Metal Gear Solid - 100%

A Hideo Kojima game. Yeah, I got all the items and even had the tux. This game is a classic, a pioneer in story based games. Sure, I'm not a MGS God but I still enjoy the gameplay. Overall, it's fun and can give people a long and enjoyable story.

Got you covered.

Also, since it was for free on Steam this weekend only, I decided to give ULTRA SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV (Capcom, PC) a spin once again, by beating Arcade mode on Medium with my main man Zangief (Twice), the Italian beauty without an actual Italian name Rose, and that crazy girl with the sexy voice, Juri.

nkZlesI.png

Got two more to add to my list.

11110148_10203133195484831_7199719804675

Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro (PS1)

Oh boy did this one get a downgrade. Sure, the graphics are much better and the overall presentation has too but man. the bosses are meh (Lizard is just downright hard and annoying), plot has suffered for using the sloppy seconds of the last game and the What If mode is just replacing a few things with bananas. Fun game but not a spot on the original.

11014899_10203133195644835_3652192371484

The Simpsons Arcade (PS3)

Oh boy, the nostalgia is strong with this one. Sure, some say it's a Turtles in Time clone. Sure the voice acting sucks. You know what though? I don't care. Memories of playing this in the arcade is too strong for me to hate. Bart is my main character and the game has held up quite well in my opinion. If you like Side Scrolling beat em ups, check it out. 

Well, I suppose its about time I updated mine. This is only games I have on Wii U; I have to take photos on my phone to get the ones on 3DS. And yes, ALL of these are on Wii U.

First, I noticed there's no DKC2 screenshot in my Photobucket. Not sure why but here it is:

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/DKC/DKC2_zpskyixf5qz.jpg

Master Reboot: 100% (I don't have proof of this, but I did get all the ducks and found all the viruses)

This was a rather interesting game. I basically picked it up just to try it out and see how I'd like it. Its not too bad overall, I rather enjoyed it. Its kind of a horror/thriller style of game where you have to piece together the storyline as you progress. At the start you have no idea who you are and what you are supposed to do, but you eventually figure it out over the course of the game.

The game is set in the soul cloud, where memories of the dead are uploaded to essentially bring them back from the dead and allow them to intermingle with their still-living friends and loved ones. In the game you start off in the soul cloud and travel through various memories, solving different logic puzzles to progress through the game.

There's an intro segment, then the main segment which consists of 3-4 waves of 3 memories to complete (I don't remember exactly if its 9 or 12 memories), and after that there's the ending sequence. After you access the main HUB you can't go back to the intro areas, and after you start the ending sequence you can't go back to the main HUB.

**ACTUAL SPOILERS, INCLUDING ENDING**

You are playing as a character named Madison Jones who created this technology call the Soul Cloud, where essentially after death memories are uploaded into this computer of the dead person in order to try and cheat death. Madison came up with this after she had a near-death experience as a child, and formed Mysteri Corporation along with her best friend Astrid Patterson and her boyfriend David Ree ("Mister Ree" became the basis of the name Mysteri).

Astrid later died and they hurried to upload her into the soul cloud in order to try and "save" her life. It was successful, but several years down the road they had a total system failure, resulting in the loss of massive amounts of data, with some parts becoming corrupted. Astrid essentially died again and make people extremely cautious about the soul cloud, and angered Astrid's sister Kali.

Kali was close to Astrid, Madison, and David when they were kids, but grew distant later on, becoming jealous of Madison's relationship with David. After Astrid's second "death" Kali murdered David and disappeared. Madison uploaded David into the cloud as well, but still struggled with the idea of trying to save Astrid's corrupted data. Later on Madison noticed that Seren, their security program, was acting haywire, so she went in herself to try and resolve the issue.

Throughout the game it is a corrupted Seren that is constantly haunting you along with another mysterious figure, and there's also demonic viruses that seem to imply something greater is at work. However, it turns out that Kali is the one who caused the corruption, out of revenge against Madison.

Madison can either choose to leave the Soul Cloud and spare herself (basically just Quit the game), as if she stays any longer by this point she'll no longer be able to leave, or save the Soul Cloud by defeating Kali. If she waits any longer the entire system will become corrupted and will have to be completely destroyed, or she can destroy herself to defeat Kali.

The game is definitely haunting, but was memorable overall. Keep in mind, not everything is set in stone. For the most part, the order of memories is the order of events that transpire. However, for some reason, the last memory, the Library, seems to indicate that David is still alive, but in the prior two memories David is killed at a Circus and then his Grave is visited in the Graveyard.

Although I do know most of what happened, I'm not sure if the Soul Cloud crashed before or after David's death. If it happened before David's death, then its obvious that Kali murdered David due to the crash and losing of Astrid (again). If it happened after, though, then my belief is that Kali caused the crash herself. Either way, Kali corrupts the system.

In the ending Seren defeats Kali after Madison destroys Kali's barriers defending her:

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Indie/Master%20Reboot%201_zpsyl3ojmyq.jpg

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Indie/Master%20Reboot%202_zpsogs6rf4o.jpg

Tengami:

This is a relatively simple puzzle game with David Wise at the helm of the music. In all honesty, that's the only reason I bought it. Its a calm, quiet game, and rather short. Its set in a popup book and you have to flip things around to solve problems and continue on through the game.

The main story revolves around restoring cherry blossoms to a special tree that has died. What importance this holds is never stated, as there is no real dialog to the game. There are three cherry blossoms to recover, as well as 10 Miiverse Stamps that can be collected throughout the game.

The only "optional" content are Miiverse Stamps. Unfortunately, I somehow missed half of them; I was honestly assuming there'd be a fourth area of the game because I did not see anywhere else the remaining stamps could've been. The game is a solid, good game, but is extremely short and lacking in content.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Indie/Tengami%201_zps202e0kuu.jpg

DK64: 101%

Ok, I know this game gets a lot of flack, and its definitely got a lot of problems. For one thing, the game's got tons of random annoying minigames to deal with. The bonus stages have a few good ones, but they're not as great as the classic DKC2/3 ones. I only really like the ones where I'm playing as actual Kongs, those ones tend to be pretty good overall. Its also annoying being unable to switch Kongs on the fly when you see various items only one Kong can pick up.

Despite this... I really, really enjoyed replaying through this game. I felt like I was constantly making progress, and even though I had to slog through some parts, it was still an enjoyable experience overall.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/DKC/DK64%20101_zpslaq5gljk.jpg

DKC3: 103%

Realistically, I feel like DKC3 is a better game than DK64. For some reason, though, I rushed through DK64 and had a blast playing it, but not so with DKC3. I don't know why, but I felt like I "had" to play DKC3, rather than actually wanting to keep continuing through the game. Its difficult for me to explain the problems I had with it.

Overall, it just wasn't as fun as DKC2. But its still a great game to play. The bosses are fairly creative and I love the massive world map to explore for every hidden secret. Did not care too much for the fact that there's not much to do with the various NPC's you can encounter through the game, especially with Bear Coins.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/DKC/DKC3%20103_zpstwdqe93z.jpg

A Link Between Worlds, DKL2, Shining Force: Sword of Hajya, DKL3 and FE: Thracia 776 (I'm on 24x, the penultimate chapter) coming real soon. (DKL3 is beaten, but I don't have max percent yet; gotta apparently beat time trial first. Its aggravating.)

Updated.

The Simpsons Arcade (PS3)

Oh boy, the nostalgia is strong with this one. Sure, some say it's a Turtles in Time clone. Sure the voice acting sucks. You know what though? I don't care. Memories of playing this in the arcade is too strong for me to hate. Bart is my main character and the game has held up quite well in my opinion. If you like Side Scrolling beat em ups, check it out. 

No longer on XBLA or PSN, so, if you don't already own it, ya fucked.

Updated.

No longer on XBLA or PSN, so, if you don't already own it, ya fucked.

Missed DK64 and DKC3 on Wii U VC. Also, I did state that all of the games were on Wii U; that's the Wii U version of Master Reboot (which is also why I can't prove I got everything; there's no Achievements on Wii U... yet.)

Missed DK64 and DKC3 on Wii U VC. Also, I did state that all of the games were on Wii U; that's the Wii U version of Master Reboot (which is also why I can't prove I got everything; there's no Achievements on Wii U... yet.)

I'm half asleep, work wasn't fun okay

I'm half asleep, work wasn't fun okay

It's alright, I'll take care of it after I finish this Sam and Max episode.