Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Finished Halo Spartan Strike! Damn, this game is quite annoying. On the other hand, it was a decent experience.

header.jpg?t=1429199652

Published by Microsoft Studios, Developed by Vanguard Games and 343 Industries

Released on: Windows 8 devices, iOS devices, and Steam.

-Got for free because of Bing Rewards. Heh.

-Played on PC, Windows 8

-Got Gold Star on every single level, does not count towards 100% because of all of the extra achievements and etc. though god damn it

Halo Spartan Strike is more or less, the same game as Spartan Strike. New maps, weapons, vehicles, and enemies are added alongside another set of 30 levels. The game isn't hard, although difficulty takes a massive strike at the locked Operation E, which is the last segment of the game and has to be unlocked by getting Gold Rank on every single level. That's fairly easy so it shouldn't be problem if you focus on scoring points. When the game gets hard though, it's really annoying to the point of it being rage quit worthy. The game's only reason for being difficult is for throwing in so many enemies in one spot. Other things like the fact that your own weapons and abilities can damage your own vehicles and allies, and plasma grenades being the absolute worse grenade ever are the many faults that make this game unintentionally annoying. It's alright, and if you were craving for more bit-sized Halo, this is it. Unfortunately, this game feels in the same trap as it's predecessor in that there is absolutely zero replay value. There's no firefight mode, Assault Ops' weekly missions are quite bland and a waste of time if you've already completed the entire game, and the game itself isn't really memorable. What's there to keep players playing is so weak it's really not worth diving into, and I wish if they ever plan on continuing this series that this is remedied by even more substantial content with replay value.

Proof:

http://www.trueachievements.com/Halo-Spartan-Strike-Windows-8/achievements.htm?showall=1&gamerid=533200

Check No Loose Ends and Battle Hardened

My bad for the lack of updates, going through em all now!

• Thumbs Up 1

My bad for the lack of updates, going through em all now!

I've just completed Sonic R. I'll post the picture and thoughts in a few minutes, after the credits roll.

By the way, Just asking, do you guys need any help right now managing the 52 Game Challenge?

By the way, Just asking, do you guys need any help right now managing the 52 Game Challenge?

Couldn't hurt! Throw me a PM with your Google account name, I'll add you to the list of editors!

Updated anywho, if I missed any let me know. I'll also add Sonic R once the screen's up Ryan. 

Alright, I'm gonna announce that I'll be helping out with the 52 Game Challenge! With that said, keep playing folks!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic R 100% Complete

I played the PS2 Gems Collection version of Sonic R and like Sonic the Fighters, it was a pretty meh experience. The music for the most part was pretty good with one or two exceptions, and the maps themselves looked pretty and for the most part were designed like a Sonic game, with alternative paths leading to secrets.

But, the character models look like total crap, there's only five maps to play, the majority of unlockables are just robot versions of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman, the controls are stiff and shit, especially when it comes to even trying to keep some kind of control over the characters, I played as Knuckles as his glide was more or less the best way to keep some kind of control, the Sonic coins and chaos emeralds can be pains in the ass to track down, and due to the bad controls, it means if you miss them first time, you either have to hope you can get them the second time around or take about 10-15 seconds turning around, grabbing it and then turning again to get back on track.

Overall, Sonic R is a pretty bad game. One with a few redeeming features but there's too much bad that outweighs the good.

Also, I have a question. After you see the picture that shows evidence that we've completed the game, do you mind if we delete them from the post afterwards?

Also, I have a question. After you see the picture that shows evidence that we've completed the game, do you mind if we delete them from the post afterwards?

Uh, sure! Just make sure the game's been added to the leaderboard first!

Alright! 

Also, 24 out of 50 games completed! Almost at the half way point!

Alright! 

Also, 24 out of 50 games completed! Almost at the half way point!

By contrast, it's week 18 out of 52, meaning you're 6 games ahead!

Couldn't hurt! Throw me a PM with your Google account name, I'll add you to the list of editors!

Updated anywho, if I missed any let me know. I'll also add Sonic R once the screen's up Ryan. 

It seems you missed my "Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros." on that list. Don't worry, we cool.

By the way, yeah, I'd love to help out too. Let me know if you need another help.

I just added Dream Team onto your list, you're good!

• Thumbs Up 1

Tracker gave me power. I'm going to help with the sheet myself, from now on.

Here we go again!

Sonic Rivals 2 (Backbone Entertainment, PSP)

TGSQxtz.png

Now, this game was...alright. There's nothing I dislike about it, but it's mostly harmless. It was nice playing as Espio and Silver, especially since I love seeing two characters you seldom see together interacting with each other.

And Chroma Camo is still a kickass name for a move, even though it's just Espio turning invisible.

And...

Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (Dimps, GBA)

xD3mRYO.png

...Now. I love Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. I spent hours on that game, and just the fact that you could play as freaking Arale of all characters made me smile from the bottom of my heart.

But why.

why.

WHY DON'T THEY MAKE MORE GAMES BASED ON THE ORIGINAL SERIES?!

Advanced Adventure is a beat'-em-up game based on the adventures of kid Goku from his first meeting with Bulma until the defeat of Piccolo the Demon King. It's a barrel of fun, and I still love it to this day. Especially since it's full of post-game content. Beating the game the first time unlocks Crilin/Krillin/Kulilin/whatever as a playable character in story mode and you can unlock almost every character you faced against by finding portraits in the Bonus mode. Do you want to beat Red Ribbon's army with Akkuman? Well now you can.

I love this game.

The Simpsons: Hit & Run (PS2)- Complete 

Well. That didn't take very long. I started playing Simpsons Hit & Run yesterday and was up to Level 4 in about 4 hours or so. It did take longer to finish the last 4 levels, although a lot of the time I was running around getting collectables and such. 

Anyway, the game still holds up pretty well. The graphics admittedly in the Pre-Rendered cutscenes can look very meh at times but the graphics, and maps in the main game still hold up pretty well in my opinion. The music is especially good, and the writing, and jokes still hold up. The gameplay can get a little repetive but overall the game is still great.

Some more games.

Pac-man Championship edition:

This one is on the spreadsheet, but I have 100% on it, spreadsheet doesn't reflect that. 

Treasures of Montezuma Arena -- Vita 100%

This is a free to play puzzle game which is bad, it is bad, it is so bad they had to give compensation to all the players for misleading people with a trophy description. It is bad, avoid.

Injustice Gods Amongst Us Ultimate Edition--- PS4 

This is a fighting game which is terrible. Unbalanced characters, broken Ai, lazy modes, terrible online, terrible netcode, it's awful.

Ace Combat Infinity --- PS3 100%

This is a free to play game which is absolutely fantastic! If you have a PS3, stop what you're doing, go download this right now and enter the world of Ace Combat and enjoy, it's great, epic campaign mode (though you have to fork out real money or ingame cash to unlock other levels), great music enormous plane selection, just brilliant!

I finished The Unfinished Swan --- PS4 100%

I've wanted to play this game for a number of years now, now that I've finished I'm not sure what to think. Throwing the paint was really cool, but it got boring very quickly, however, the game did get a lot better, but it never quite blew me away.

That said though, the construction level in which you have to build platforms to climb a tower using the paint was incredible. 

It's free on PSN+ so really you should have it by now, give it a go.

Two more entries~

5th entry: Sonic Adventure DX (Steam)

vkbE3GO.jpg

It´s been years since I last played it, so this was a good oportunity to revive the old good times. Going through all the character´s stories felt so nostalgic and I enjoyed them, but as soon as I fought Perfect Chaos I remember why it had been a long time since I last played it. Hooo boy, I hate this boss. I´m just so terrible at it. 

6th entry: Final Fantasy VII

SJWcKsW.jpg

So...FFVII. The best game evaaaaaaaaaah.

Well, I can understand why this game is so praised. Back then, this game felt so modern for the year it was released in. Nowadays? It feels so outdated and the story is so over the top, it´s hilarious. Don´t get me wrong, I liked it a bit, but it´s just...the story is chaotic and a mess, it´s too long (3 discs) and many features are annoying, like the background display or the minigames. I could go on and on...

Beat this game weeks ago but never got a chance to upload my completion here. Ignore the reflection in the tv of my bf there. =P

QPw9Fwe.jpg

Just finished another one.

11059999_10203091049751214_5853717345688

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD. I didn't like it. The story was bland and dull. Aveline was bland and dull. This game just reekedbland and dull. I even cheered when Conner appeared (which is saying something as he is/was my least favourite assassin) because it was a character with a little bit of...character. I'd avoid it really, it makes 3 interesting and 4 look like the prodigal son.

Entry #7: Kirby Triple Deluxe

mcncqJo.jpg

Well...that was fast. Got the game on Thursday, I just finished it right now :V

I have to say, I had a lot of fun with this game (just what´d you expect of a Kirby game). Awesome music, the bosses are fun to fight, specially the last ones.

Its only flaw? It´s too easy. Went through the game without being stuck on anything, didn´t even get any game overs.

Aaand that´s it. There´s DDD tour, the arena, and the minigames next, but I´m leaving it apart atm because I need to study for exams.