Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Personally, I'd make 15 the Bronze, 30 the Silver, and then 52 the gold.

Who got 52 100% games? 

:P

That badge would be completely unattainable since Hogfather >Almost< got to 100% 52 and from what I see on the leaderboards he might not have even completed 52 games overall. So......

Just a question though, can we update certain entries based on recent rules, etc? I didn't mark any of my TellTale games as 100% (Sam and Max doesn't necessarily have achievements in the Steam version, so that doesn't count) despite unlocking every achievement in every episode of Tales from the Borderlands. I didn't do it but everybody else that marked those games did.

7 minutes ago, Kaze no Klonoa said:

Who got 52 100% games? 

:P

That badge would be completely unattainable since Hogfather >Almost< got to 100% 52 and from what I see on the leaderboards he might not have even completed 52 games overall. So......

Just a question though, can we update certain entries based on recent rules, etc? I didn't mark any of my TellTale games as 100% (Sam and Max doesn't necessarily have achievements in the Steam version, so that doesn't count) despite unlocking every achievement in every episode of Tales from the Borderlands. I didn't do it but everybody else that marked those games did.

*cough*me*cough*

Maybe make it 45 games for the gold lol.

That said, I'm not sure if Sam & Max counts on Steam due to not having achievements (The PS3 versions count because they do have trophies). I guess it's up to Tracker or not. I know I would make it 100% anyway, but considering we went by the rule that Sonic 3 & Knuckles only counted as one game while someone else could place Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles as two different entries, I don't know.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

*cough*me*cough*

Maybe make it 45 games for the gold lol.

That said, I'm not sure if Sam & Max counts on Steam due to not having achievements (The PS3 versions count because they do have trophies). I guess it's up to Tracker or not. I know I would make it 100% anyway, but considering we went by the rule that Sonic 3 & Knuckles only counted as one game while someone else could place Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles as two different entries, I don't know.

I'm mainly referring to Tales from the Borderlands, which totally has achievements on Steam. Sam and Max only has that stuff on consoles

16 minutes ago, Kaze no Klonoa said:

...Well... Could I have gotten 100% on all 52 games... yeah actually. I could have easily gotten 100% on all the games I played since I completed well over 52 games and played well over 52 if not 60 different games this year, but since I was near the end of the 52 I decided not to bother doing an extra 2 to 100% which would have technically been 52 games at 100%

Early in the year I knew I wouldn't have much free time come late 2015, so I decided to declare Duck Tales and Injustice. Heck I beat the Bioshock Infinite DLC Episodes to 100% which aren't counted though I don't really understand why since the content is so different from the main game and they're effectively stand alone episodes much like how Telltale games operate, in fact the content in them is probably more than most telltale episodes.

Other than that, I also beat MW3 to 100%. Which puts me at 51 qualified games to 100% which also isn't being counted.

I nearly got Helldivers to 100%, only reason I've not got that one is because the grind means it was impossible to get it in time, but I still got all but the final grind trophy done. 

If I wanted to I could have easily played through the other 3 episodes of borderlands instead of which gives you 100% completion since it's a telltale game, that would have seen me over 52 at 100%.

However, if there's to be a 2016 challenge, I may have to pass, I just don't have the freetime anymore, the only way I can do it is if I play exclusively short games or ones which don't have multiplayer or any kind of long grind, so that knocks me out of playing stuff like Fallout 4 or any other long RPG, no way could I have done Bloodborne or Demons Souls again. 

Personally, I think that the next one shouldn't be games you beat, but games you play, if people literally just play the first 10 min of a game then put it down, who cares? If you played 52 games for 10 min, I'd say that the only one that lost out is you because you didn't get to enjoy a game to finish it. 

Can you get 52 games to 100%? Yeah you can... buuuuut, you absolutely will have to play episodic or really short games, or have hundreds of hours of free time otherwise it's impossible.

2 minutes ago, Hogfather said:

...Well... Could I have gotten 100% on all 52 games... yeah actually. I could have easily gotten 100% on all the games I played since I completed well over 52 games and played well over 52 if not 60 different games this year, but since I was near the end of the 52 I decided not to bother doing an extra 2 to 100% which would have technically been 52 games at 100%

Early in the year I knew I wouldn't have much free time come late 2015, so I decided to declare Duck Tales and Injustice. Heck I beat the Bioshock Infinite DLC Episodes to 100% which aren't counted though I don't really understand why since the content is so different from the main game and they're effectively stand alone episodes much like how Telltale games operate, in fact the content in them is probably more than most telltale episodes.

Other than that, I also beat MW3 to 100%. 

I nearly got Helldivers to 100%, only reason I've not got that one is because the grind means it was impossible to get it in time, but I still got all but the final grind trophy done. 

If I wanted to I could have easily played through the other 3 episodes of borderlands instead of which gives you 100% completion since it's a telltale game, that would have seen me over 52 at 100%.

However, if there's to be a 2016 challenge, I may have to pass, I just don't have the freetime anymore, the only way I can do it is if I play exclusively short games or ones which don't have multiplayer or any kind of long grind, so that knocks me out of playing stuff like Fallout 4 or any other long RPG, no way could I have done Bloodborne or Demons Souls again. 

Personally, I think that the next one shouldn't be games you beat, but games you play, if people literally just play the first 10 min of a game then put it down, who cares? If you played 52 games for 10 min, I'd say that the only one that lost out is you because you didn't get to enjoy a game to finish it. 

I agree that design-wise, the event had issues that made it offputting for many, but I'm not too sure about it simply being "Just Play 52 games for maybe 10 min, you'll get the badge!". 52 was just a number, I'm assuming Tracker didn't expect people to actually get that far, or at least only a handful of people would. If you took the number "52" out then this really wouldn't had been a problem. Not everybody went for 52 Games and you didn't necessarily had to.

52 games to 100% would be a bit bloody much for the badge, aye. 

Anyway, re-worked the badges:

aw30CWF.png - Completed 15 games at 100%! Wakka Wakka Wakka...

0wVVPWR.png - Completed 30 games at 100%! Thank you for playing!

y2TIqXd.png - Completed 40 games at 100%! Too easy, Piece of cake! 

As for suggestions; the "play 52 games" idea defeats the purpose, blimey.

I didn't decide on the 52 figure; this was nabbed from RetroCollect. Their head honcho pulled off 104 games completed last year, so I don't think the 52 figure was especially unfair. Either way, I personally don't intend on doing this again; managing it would have fallen apart if not for all the help folks like Klonoa and Nald gave me. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Since the badges have been fixed on SSMB, does that mean we should be expecting the mods to hand the badges out sooner rather than later? 

Also, do we get multiple badges for milestones? (E.G: I would get the 52 Complete, 52+ Complete, and the over 40 100% Complete badges?)

16 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Since the badges have been fixed on SSMB, does that mean we should be expecting the mods to hand the badges out sooner rather than later? 

Also, do we get multiple badges for milestones? (E.G: I would get the 52 Complete, 52+ Complete, and the over 40 100% Complete badges?)

Not got a time frame, but now badges are fixed with any luck it'll be soonish.

As for how it works; you get a games complete badge and, if you've unlocked it, a 100% complete badge. So you'd get the last two you listed.

• Thumbs Up 2