Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Okay guys, weird ones here.

11377180_10203250644740989_9196792356827

10897837_10203250644220976_6367332392765

11393080_10203250644860992_194056864651811391676_10203250663221451_2638958903653

Jurassic Park the Game: Episode 1 - 100% (PS3)

Jurassic Park the Game: Episode 2 - 100% (PS3)

Jurassic Park the Game: Episode 3 - 100% (PS3)

Jurassic Park the Game: Episode 4 (PS3)

Couldn't 100% the last one due to annoying glitches :-( This game pisses me off. Glitchy messy gameplay, sound problems a plenty, NO LIKEABLE CHARACTERS and so much more. Sure, I like the Mosasaur and the Troodon's are creepy but man. They make you feel for the wrong people (there WAS NO TRIBE ON NUBLEAR. Eco messages can flip off) and I just can't like any of them. Poor show TellTale.

Jurassic Park The Game really was a terrible game, and it was what really shoved Telltale into their decent of ''Interactive Movie Games''. Luckily, Walking Dead at least presented us with likeable characters, but due to Telltale's greed, they still managed to ruin that with Season 2, and are now cash cowing with Season 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Updated! That said, I finally got a few trickled down.

Skullgirls (Story Mode)

header.jpg

Released on: PC, PS4

Developed by Lab Zero Games

-Finished Story Mode for Cerebella

So I gave this a shot during it's free weekend, and I gotta say it's a pretty decent game so far. Since I actually don't own the game this is merely a first impression, but I think I'm keeping this on my radar when it's free weekend is over. Combat is really fluid, characters have unique attacks and can all punish small mistakes, and it's netcode is great. It's really hard for newcomers though, because both online multiplayer and even the single player AI are both really unforgiving. Story is quite forgettable though.

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455930799

Next up, Sam and Max Season 3 Episode 2

header.jpg

This episode is pretty cool, and it's puzzles are absolutely menacing. Probably the longest I spent on a Sam and Max episode so far, this is seriously stump worthy. That said, it's a decent episode, through and through.

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456271955

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to show proof.

Next up, Sam and Max Season 3 Episode 2

(Can't find image)

Here ya go.

header.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Game No. 49: Tales of Monkey Island Episode 5 - Rise of the Pirate God (PS3, Telltale) - 100% Complete 

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/517-Tales-of-Monkey-Island-Episode-5-Rise-of-the-Pirate-God/ryannumber1gamer

A really fantastic conclusion to the entire season. As I already said, this is a amazing game that I seriously recommend. Especially if you haven't played a Monkey Island game before because this one is a bit more forgiving than the others.

Alien Isolation --- PS4 100%

I've had this in my to play pile since October 2014 when it came out, I played the first level about 2 months ago... wasn't sure if I liked it so I put it off for a while... then about 2 weeks ago I decided to really give it a go.

Oh my God how I wish I'd played this back when it was first launched! This was amazing! 

Seriously this is one of the finest games I've played for a long time. Creative Assembly utterly nailed the Alien Universe, at times you feel like you're in the original movie fighting for your life.

They absolutely nailed the tension and the fear, e.g. you push a button for the tram, and it makes a beeping sound which is exactly like a heart monitor noise when gets faster and faster, it really makes you feel like any second now something will jump out at you. 

Then there's other small things like how when you go to save your game, there's a 3 second countdown, you can just hear yourself saying "C'mon! Hurry up! The Alien might get me!" 

Absolutely fantastic, if you don't own it yet, go get it right now. It's incredible.

Game No. 50: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 1 - Homestar Ruiner (Telltale, PS3) - 100% Complete

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/674-SBCG4AP-Episode-1-Homestar-Ruiner/ryannumber1gamer

Another great Adventure game from Telltale and a must play for anyone who's a fan of Homestar Runner.

Game No. 51: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 2: Strong Badia The Free! (PS3, Telltale) - 100% Complete

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/677-SBCG4AP-Episode-2-Strong-Badia-the-Free/ryannumber1gamer

I'm going to make this as simple as possible. If you are a fan of Homestar Runner, comedy in general, and Adventure Games, PLAY THIS GAME!. The puzzles are great, the game is just soaking in that Homestar Runner style, charm, and humor, and it's all around one of Telltale's best. 

But one more thing.

-Drum Roll-

Game No. 52: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands (PS3, Telltale) - 100% Complete

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/678-SBCG4AP-Episode-3-Baddest-of-the-Bands/ryannumber1gamer

Another great episode, and a very long one at that, it's got some of the hardest puzzles so far in the series, but to balance that, the humor is the best here, with some of the jokes being very funny, and some of the situations like Strong Bad being an asshole and ruining the other bands is so freaking funny. That's not to mention the final puzzle where Strong Bad has to release a (very bad and funny prop which I won't ruin) to try make his band look cool, and does so in the process, only he gives the King of Town all the spotlight by mistake.

Again. If you're a Homestar fan or an Adventure Game fan. Just play this game. You owe it to yourself.

And with that said.

52 GAME CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Question: Even though I've completed 52 games, can I still post more games here, including if I complete other games 100%?

Ryan, you are on freaking fire! With that said, congratulations on finishing The 52 Games Challenge! (That said I'd like to point out a lot of the games you've played are replays :P )

Sorry for the late update, been busy plug-in). Anyway, Ryan's section in the leaderboards should now have something next to it to show that he finished 52 Games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryan, you are on freaking fire! With that said, congratulations on finishing The 52 Games Challenge! (That said I'd like to point out a lot of the games you've played are replays :P )

Sorry for the late update, been busy plug-in). Anyway, Ryan's section in the leaderboards should now have something next to it to show that he finished 52 Games.

Hey, no rule about replaying games. 

Can I have a crown icon beside my name which reads ''The Goddamn Number 1 Gamer on SSMB?''.

Or I guess a extra colour or something would do as well I guess :P

Question: Even though I've completed 52 games, can I still post more games here, including if I complete other games 100%?

Mhm, there's a 52+ badge rolling around somewhere in my chat logs with Tracker.

• Thumbs Up 2

52+?

Hoohoo boy Ryan, we're not done yet.

Does that mean if I beat 53 games I get the badge?

:P

52+?

Hoohoo boy Ryan, we're not done yet.

Owait, shit. It's not what you think, I just checked.

It's over Klonoa.

Alright, what about adding games that I've finished 100%? Like for example, I have 52 games, 26 of which are 100% complete. What if I complete another 26 100%? Can I add them then?

Alright, what about adding games that I've finished 100%? Like for example, I have 52 games, 26 of which are 100% complete. What if I complete another 26 100%? Can I add them then?

Huehuehuehuehue.

Uh, yeah sure, go ahead.

Ryan may have finished all 52 first, but hey it's not about who finishes first, it's just finishing ti'll the end of the year, so with that said...

post-6099-0-29790400-1434015139_thumb.jp

Mega Man 4 - Capcom - NES

Ok, so first time I ever beat this game, I touched it once or twice but never got around beating it. And I can see why. The game isn't bad, it's a solid Mega Man game, but it's just a bit too cheap at times, and the final bosses can give you a hard time if you don't know what you're doing (I realized JUST AFTER I ran out of Drill Man's weapon that you can detonate them by pressing the button again, so I had no ways of killing the final boss and had to get a game over.). Overall an Ok Megaman game, nothing amazing but nothing broken.

And on the Subject of Mega Man...

NYx611h.jpg

Mega Man X2 - Capcom - Super Nintendo

I have quite the history with this one. This is a sequel to my favorite game of all time. How can it live up to my expectation? It can't, honestly, and that's why I never bothered too much with this one, there's something that X1 had that this one doesn't, I don't know if I can explain, tho' it could be just my nostalgia speaking.

But I'll have to admit, finding all the capsules, Heart Tanks and Sub Tanks was fun as hell, one thing I loved in X was the clever places where they hid these Items, and it continues here, but since I never bothered to collect them before, I had to find them on my own or using a guide, a bit of both honestly, and it was fun, it really made me feel the same joy I had when I was finding all the secrets on my own in X1.

According to my calculations, I've conquered Planet Freedom beaten Freedom Planet (PC, GalaxyTrail) with the ever-so-lovely Sash Lilac.

VshcpRy.png

Some of the bosses were hard as nails, though. Still, it was a very enjoyable experience. One of the best games I've played this year so far.

Game No.53/100% Completed Game No.27: Ratchet & Clank (PS3, Insomniac)

Decided to go through and 100% Ratchet & Clank.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1460-Ratchet-and-Clank/ryannumber3gamer

(Go to the platinum for the proof that it's completed 100%, I previously got the rest of the trophies back in 2012/2013 before doing my brand new 100% playthrough)

Quick question: I've decided to give Mega Man: The Wily Wars a try, and I've been wondering...

It's a genesis remake of the first 3 Megaman games plus a section with 3 new bosses and a final Wily Castle, called Wily Tower. Does each of the games count as a new game for the list or only the Wily Tower counts? 

It'll count as one whole game. Same way 3 & Knuckles counts as a whole game. Remakes also count so the entire game qualifies.

Two more entries!

Entry 8: Megaman X

8HZf0Ql.png

(No, I didn´t beat Sigma without damage, that was me using my last subtank lmao)

Well, what can I say about this one? Megaman X is a classic. It´s an example of a spin-off done right. Taking much a serious tone than the original classic games, this game enchanted people with its outstanding music, impresive graphics and new mechanics, memorable characters, etc.

Entry 9: Megaman X2 (Good Ending)

e88pU1c.png

I actually had to play this game two times because the first one I missed the Good Ending, but I didn´t mind doing so. To be honest, during my first playthrough, even though I was having lots of fun, I thought that the music wasn´t as good as X1, the level design was kinda lacking (levels felt very short), and that the game felt easier than the first one. As I played the game for a second time, those felt like a minor issue.

Megaman X2 is a great game. You´d usually think that for a sequel, this one would feel inferior, but in reality it is as enjoyable as the first one.

Aaaaand I think you can probably guess which game goes next.

Two more entries!

Entry 8: Megaman X

8HZf0Ql.png

(No, I didn´t beat Sigma without damage, that was me using my last subtank lmao)

Well, what can I say about this one? Megaman X is a classic. It´s an example of a spin-off done right. Taking much a serious tone than the original classic games, this game enchanted people with its outstanding music, impresive graphics and new mechanics, memorable characters, etc.

Entry 9: Megaman X2 (Good Ending)

e88pU1c.png

I actually had to play this game two times because the first one I missed the Good Ending, but I didn´t mind doing so. To be honest, during my first playthrough, even though I was having lots of fun, I thought that the music wasn´t as good as X1, the level design was kinda lacking (levels felt very short), and that the game felt easier than the first one. As I played the game for a second time, those felt like a minor issue.

Megaman X2 is a great game. You´d usually think that for a sequel, this one would feel inferior, but in reality it is as enjoyable as the first one.

Aaaaand I think you can probably guess which game goes next.

I wish you good luck then, Megaman X3 Is probably one of the most cheap difficulty wise on the X series, and to do it blind is going to be a feat by itself.

Meanwhile

post-6099-0-85848100-1434573138_thumb.jp

Crash of the Titans - Radical Entertainment - PS2

This wasn't bad, I'd say it's a bit lower than Mind over mutant, but it still keeps the feel that you ARE on a journey, going places, the only thing that hurts it is the episodic way the game is made. The fact once you start you're weak as fuck is a detractor, because in the beginning this game can kick your ass for that. I got the best move in the game on the last chapter, so I couldn't do anything with it since it's useless on the final boss, as most enemies there are immune to it.

My main problem are the bosses, they're boring, same thing every time and too messy for me.