Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Finished Episode 2 and 3 of Telltale's Back to the Future: The Game! (PS3)

ico.pngico.png

So far the second and third episodes are great. The story deepens, the timeline gets messed up and Doc isn't the same anymore....

The 2nd episode was alright. Had a lot of walking back and forth but otherwise it took off what the first episode had and continued the momentum. The 3rd episode is the best so far, it takes us to a extremely different Hill Valley, and for the most part, character interaction is great. I can't wait to play the 4th episode.

Check the Gold Trophies for proof

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/840-Back-to-the-Future-Episode-2-Get-Tannen/MeltingComet

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/904-Back-to-the-Future-Episode-3-Citizen-Brown/MeltingComet

You're not the only one playing Puyo Pop!!

fnZjiYk.png

ekGNq2Z.png

QsQSvzT.png

Working on beating Raffine's story now. Also working on Puyo Puyo Tsu~

• Thumbs Up 3

Finished Episode 2 and 3 of Telltale's Back to the Future: The Game! (PS3)

ico.pngico.png

So far the second and third episodes are great. The story deepens, the timeline gets messed up and Doc isn't the same anymore....

The 2nd episode was alright. Had a lot of walking back and forth but otherwise it took off what the first episode had and continued the momentum. The 3rd episode is the best so far, it takes us to a extremely different Hill Valley, and for the most part, character interaction is great. I can't wait to play the 4th episode.

Check the Gold Trophies for proof

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/840-Back-to-the-Future-Episode-2-Get-Tannen/MeltingComet

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/904-Back-to-the-Future-Episode-3-Citizen-Brown/MeltingComet

Looks like we got the same idea. Overnight last night I did 1-4 and I just finished 5. I hate the idea of counting them as separate games, its one extended game with multiple parts to it, and honestly, even all-together with all parts as one its still rather short, I'd argue that even a lot of 3D platformers are longer than this all-together, let alone split up.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this. I loved the original Back to the Future movies and these essentially act as a sequel to the original series, and they have the same style of humor and numerous references for the original films. Plus all the alternate scenarios are great as well as (possible) explanations for certain happenings.

I might replay these later to get the trophies I missed.

Back to the Future: The Game

Episode 1: It's About Time

This one is pretty interesting as it starts off the game repeating the central events of the original movie. You can even get a trophy for repeating the original dialog exactly (I missed this). Something odd happens and doc disappears (turns out to be Marty's nightmare), then it skips to a few months later so it is now 1986.

After the events of the original movies Doc Brown is missing and the bank is selling off his stuff. You can look around at various items and have to find Doc's notes, then get them from Biff. The DeLorean mysteriously appears again with Einstein inside and you have to figure out in what time period you need to go to and how to save Doc. You end up figuring out from Edna Strickland (sister to Principal Strickland) at one point in time you need to go back to (1931).

Its not too long but it is pretty good overall. Every episode also includes a special segment where you have to defeat someone right at the end (well, technically not Part 4, but it still includes a similar event). Of course, the future keeps changing as well otherwise you wouldn't have to keep coming back all the time.

Naturally these are close to an Adventure style of game where you have to interact with objects and people to figure out what to do.

**MAJOR SPOILERS**

In Episode 1 and 2 its Kid Tannen, Biff's father.

Episode 2: Get Tannen!

In the process of saving Doc, Marty left open an important detail: Artie, Marty's grandfather, was targeted by Kid Tannen and left for dead, resulting in Marty having never been born. So they have to jump back in time in order to save Arty before Marty disappears completely. Naturally, this references the original Back to the Future where Marty accidentally makes his mother fall in love with himself, preventing her from getting together with his dad.

The start of this chapter requires you to avoid Office Danny Parker (who was trying to arrest Kid), then after going back in time yourself and Emmet in order to save Artie. This part is interesting because it resembles Back to the Future: Part II where you have to keep avoiding yourself all the time. After saving Artie you take him back to the very near future and pick up Doc from Officer Parker, who is left bewildered and confused.

**MAJOR SPOILERS**

After saving Artie, the future has changed (again). Danny Parker was supposed to arrest Kid Tannen, but did not. Kid did not go to prison and was able to have more than one kid, resulting in a Tannen mob who rule over Hill Valley with an iron fist, and ran Marty out out town years ago. Although I did not confirm it, it also appears that Marty's girlfriend Jennifer no longer exists because her grandfather (Danny Parker) never married her grandmother.

Naturally, the objective here is to "Get Tannen" and take out Kid's gang. Its really quite interesting how everything plays out, and you learn some important things here about Jennifer and Marty's grandparents, and about Edna.

Episode 3: Citizen Brown

Oh God, this one. This is where all hell breaks loose and where you find out who the real antagonist of this series is. This one is really interesting, as its the only Episode set entirely in one time period, and not just any time period, the present-day. That is to say, an alternate dystopian present that's been completely changed. This is where things start to get REALLY interesting.

At the end of Episode 2, Kid Tannen escaped to the roof of the soup kitchen where Emmet's invention wound up (due to previous interactions, Emmet is openly practicing science earlier than he did originally). Marty ended up using Emmet's invention to defeat Kid Tannen. This attracted the attention of Edna, and Emmet started dating and later marrying Edna, resulting in a Hill Valley where Emmet's inventions have created a police state in Hill Valley and almost everything is outlawed.

This one is interesting for all the new things that have gone down, and for Marty's confusion over the entire thing. This is also the only time we see Jennifer at length. She's also completely different, a rebel. Marty is also touted as being "square", despite the fact that he was more of a rebel (and a slacker) in the main timeline than Jennifer was. You end up having to break the rules in order to see "Citizen Brown", Emmet of course, and convince him that his world isn't the perfect world its cracked up to be.

**MAJOR SPOILERS**

Edna has been manipulating Emmet the whole time, using his knowledge to create her own ideal world, one where even the slightest hint of disorder is snuffed out, and has created a new Citizen Plus program to completely reprogram people and essentially eliminate free will. The first person to go through this is Biff, and in the end Edna uses Biff to fight you. By showing Biff his various urges that have been thrown away he breaks free of his mind control... then fights YOU. By the time you get out Edna has already taken Doc away to reprogram him, and then takes Marty away as well.

Episode 4: Double Visions

With Marty now in Citizen Plus, you have to find away to break out and save Doc. Luckily, your dad has hacked into the cameras and you're able to chat with Jennifer, who has already been reprogrammed. You've got to get your guitar back with a little help from the guard and from George, then play it for Jennifer to snap her out of her trance. Jennifer helps you escape and dresses you up as a guard, then she plays dumb and leaves to meet with her father while you rescue Doc (you don't see Jennifer again in-game). After freeing Doc he runs off to rebuild the DeLorean (which takes him six months), then you're off to 1931 to break up Emmet and Edna.

Unfortunately this DeLorean starts going on the fritz and you end up a bit too far into the future (a matter of weeks) where Emmet is already smitten with Edna and you're unable to convince him to break up with her, so the only way is to convince Edna to break up with Emmet. You have to work out the details, going between the fair grounds and Emmet's lab in order to set up a proper plan.

**MAJOR SPOILERS**

Doc starts to get a bit leary of everything and isn't sure about going through with breaking Edna's heart. This ends up putting enmity between Doc and Marty, the former of whom drives off. The plan goes as planned, destroying Emmet's confidence and he storms off to the clocktower roof. When confronting Emmet, he becomes convinced that you're the one responsible for everything, and even wonders if the name you gave him is your real name (I chose Michael Corleone, but you have the option to choose which one you want in Episode 1).

After arguing with him for a bit and trying to be positive doesn't work, you instead have to make him even angrier, and at some point lightning is brought up, finally giving Emmet an epiphany, and he decided that he'll choose his future from now on. Then Emmet slips and one of the dog statues being placed on the roof falls off along with Emmet, and he gets caught dangling from the second statue. Marty saves Emmet then helps Emmet finalize his flying car while Doc picks up Edna and talks with her.

Episode 5: OUTATIME

This is probably the second-most interesting chapter, and the one with the most shifts of scenery.

**MAJOR SPOILERS**

At the start Marty wakes up in the lab and has to pick up the levitation device and bring it to Emmet. Doc shows up and reveals his epiphany; that the problem he had wasn't Edna but instead science, and he decides he wants to sabotage Emmet's project and get Emmet to give up on science all-together so he can have a future together with Edna. The first half of this episode is entirely trying to save Emmet and stop Edna's plot, which includes the revelation that she's the Speakeasy arsonist (something you should know from Episode 2 and is fairly easy to guess by this point, but none of the characters realized it).

After failing to stop Emmet's project, Edna and Doc have a falling out and she steals the DeLorean, running over Doc. With Doc's future saved, this version of Doc vanishes and the original Doc comes back from the future. Officer Parker reveals that Edna disappeared, and so does the entirety of Hill Valley. This next segment is reminiscent of the beginning, where you have to get the truth out of an elderly Edna to try and figure out what point in time you need to go to, and this part is very interesting in how it plays out, trying to jog her memories with things in her yard.

Once Edna confesses you have to go back in time again to stop Edna from accidentally burning down Hill Valley shortly after its birth, a trait she got from when she continuously tried to burn down the Speakeasy's in the present. The final sequence resembles the train sequence from the Episode 3 of the movies, where Marty uses his newly recovered hoverboard in order to attach devices to Edna's DeLorean in order for Doc to remotely control it and send her back to her proper time.

Have I said too much? Probably... Either way, I really enjoyed these and all the references to the movies. I like how it explores different things like Doc's teenage years, Prohibition, and numerous different types of alternate timelines. Naturally, the games aren't canon to the movies, but it covers all the right bases and really does feel like an extension of the movies.

I also like how, for a change, the main antagonist is NOT a Tannen. Although the Tannens play important roles in every Episode except Episode IV. You even get to encounter Beauregard Tannen again at the end in the standoff between Tannen and Edna.

EDIT:

Just 100%'d Episode 1: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/772-Back-to-the-Future-Episode-1-Its-About-Time

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Adventure - Dreamcast - SEGA

[image]

Good ol' Sonic Adventure, took me a while to get used again to this playstyle, but it is enjoyable and memorable, and I can see why so many people love it so much

Psst, not quite mate; that's a screenshot from Sonic's credits sequence. There's more to SA1 than just Sonic's story! Same goes for Adventure 2.

Great work folks; all this Puyo is enraging me since I can't get past the third level of Sun on the Saturn!

Updated the leaderboards; ANYWAY:

644443_964089130275946_87153942629161319

Sonic the Hedgehog CD beaten! Did this to test out my new SEGA Mega-CD, and ended up playing through the whole thing. Overall, I love Sonic CD. It's my 4th in my top five Sonic games, and it's oozing style and charm. It also introduced Metal Sonic, one of my favourite characters, and that JP/EU soundtrack is loooooove~

The level design is a bit shite, and the Mega-CD version isn't the best version by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still great fun to play and I had a fun time! 

To clarify, this wasn't a 100% run.

Oh, I thought just one story was enough, since you told me just one of the ten endings on Shadow would already count.

The same applies to Sonic 06 I assume?

post-6099-0-19381700-1427136802_thumb.jp

I got through Sonic's story, but that's it, still didn't finish the other stories.

Also Skylanders Giants - PS3 - Activision

post-6099-0-50959600-1427136794_thumb.jp

Great game, got everything that was good on the original and improved a lot, the levels seem a lot larger in scale and the boss fights now are epic and less same-y.

Oh, I thought just one story was enough, since you told me just one of the ten endings on Shadow would already count.

The same applies to Sonic 06 I assume?

150318-1726-12.jpg

I got through Sonic's story, but that's it, still didn't finish the other stories.

Also Skylanders Giants - PS3 - Activision

150318-1436-56.jpg

Great game, got everything that was good on the original and improved a lot, the levels seem a lot larger in scale and the boss fights now are epic and less same-y.

Looking back I do think what I said regarding Shadow was perhaps a bit of an error in judgement. I'll probably tweak it. 

Oh, and while I'm here:

11083590_964199643598228_361526344349003

Beaten Puyo Puyo Sun, on the SEGA Saturn (Japan only!)

Holy hell, this game. The third to last opponent (some blue haired girl) gave me absolute hell here, I had to continue 17 times. 17! Overall I used 35 continues which is painful. That said, I feel I improved over the course of playing, to the point I beat Schezo in 2 tries and Satan in a single try!

...then the game threw me into a completely unexpected bonus fight against Carbuncle. Anyways, it's done. I'm counting this as a finish because beating Arle's story unlocks the true credits as opposed to Draco's whose story only ends with hilariously sped up credits. There is still Schezo's story, the defacto Hard mode, but I'd probably count that as 100%.

Overall though, the game's charming and fun. I'll review it soon, so I'll give my extended thoughts there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

...then the game threw me into a completely unexpected bonus fight against Carbuncle. Anyways, it's done. I'm counting this as a finish because beating Arle's story unlocks the true credits as opposed to Draco's whose story only ends with hilariously sped up credits. There is still Schezo's story, the defacto Hard mode, but I'd probably count that as 100%.. 

I haven´t played Sun in years, and sadly I can´t find proof to check it out, but I think Chezo´s story has the true ending. I "think" the main three characters appear in this one (instead of the individual ending where just one character appears)

Good job for unlocking Carbuncle. I can understand your pain during your playthrough, as I´m playing Puyo Puyo and I´m having trouble even at the beginning ;__; i gave up

2 quick games for you.

One which I'm sure will make the cut is Megaman 2 : The Power Fighters (Arcade) by Capcom. A boss rush Megaman game where you take control of Megaman, Bass, Protoman or Duo and battle against Robot Masters featured in Megaman 1 through 7.

Dkc12fG.png

...And the other one is something I found saved in my "PC games" folder. If Megaman 2 The Power Fighters, a boss after boss kind of game, is good to go, I think that this one, being a very simple level-boss-level-boss game, may qualify as well on the chart.

Adventure Ponies! (The Hub)

PzgMoHh.png

...Listen, I was waiting for the water to reach boiling point so that I could add the pasta, 'k?

So I'd heard that Jurassic Park the Game wasn't very good.... here goes.

Jurassic Park The Game Episode 1 (PS3 100%)

THIS

Jurassic Park The Game Episode 2 (PS3 100%)

GAME

Jurassic Park The Game Episode 3 (PS3 100%)

IS

Jurassic Park The Game Episode 4 (PS3 100%)

SHIT.

Thank you.

This is a tragic mess in every sense. Characters are forgettable, story is utter nonsense and forgettable. In fact the game is so forgettable we don't know the names of the main protagonists until episode 2! It forgets to tell you. In episode 1 and 2 they introduce an original dinosaur which we never see again until the final episode for a highly anticlimactic explanation as to what they are.

It's awful, it starts off bad, you hope there will be something, just anything that gets better, but there is nothing, even the Jurassic Park theme music is used out of place it looses any sense of majesty or awe.

From a technical standpoint, it's unforgivable.

All this game is, is a QTE point and click exercise.... this isn't hard to do in the grand scheme of things, yet somehow the framerate is still able to drop to below 10FPS on multiple occasions across all 4 episodes (this is not an exaggeration, it drops so low, you'll be tempted to reset your system fearing a freeze. Missing textures, blurred textures, at one point a Velocerator spawned with no eyes and in a later scene one of these original the dinosaurs phased through his friends tail!

How can they make it more lazy? All the trophy images are different in each episode, but they're re-cycled for the next episode, oh speaking of trophies... unlock a trophy, better be prepared for your game to randomly freeze for 10 seconds. 

It's terrible, it's a mess, it feels like a rip off, and I only paid 60p to get it.

If you like dinosaurs and want to see a game which feels like it was made during the time of the dinosaurs, makes you believe your PS3 is dying, and enjoy the physical and mental torture of knowing there are better games you could be playing... I highly recommend Jurassic Park The Game.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PC) cleared.

iiB5vJ3Q4BEzn.jpg

ib0SikbXeHkEx.jpg

Those are 1080p, just a warning there (they're fuckhuge).

I haven't played a Dragon Ball game in a long time, and I guess I chose the right time to jump back in. Though it has its flaws, this one is lots of fun especially with a group of other players. Though there's PvP, my favorite thing to do is actually team up with others and take down bosses in the Parallel Quest Mode. This one's more of a RPG than the old fighting games, with plenty of customization (especially considering you have a custom character for the story mode). You like Dragon Ball? Give it a shot, I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed. It's on pretty much every platform, but I can say the PC port is actually pretty competent. It runs on pretty much any hardware from what I know, well, except for integrated Intel. Also, Blue Hurricane is the best.

post-6099-0-44605800-1427400384_thumb.jp

Crash Bandicoot - PSOne- Naughty Dog

Damn, playing this without analog controll takes a good while to get used to, doesn't help Crash's jumps are a bit heavy and it's hard to predict where he'll fall, combined with his traction being a bit slippery and levels like Slippery Climb become a bit of a pain. But it's still a good and solid Platformer, first time beating this one, usually I prefer playing 2 and 3, but it was a good experience.

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX --- PS3 100% 

Now this was a game! Heard it was really fun but I didn't realise it was going to be this fun. It looks like a normal pac man game... but then it goes insane! There's colours all over the place, music is constantly changing, even the mazes start to change and evolve. 

Absolute blast. 

If you enjoy having fun, I highly recommend this game.

Streets of Rage Remake (PC) Cleared.

jW9Ko9j5XOQ2a_xs.jpg

Fan games count, right? Well, this one should because it's the only way we got anything new SoR related in the past decade. Though called a remake, it's a remix game of the 3, along with new scenarios. The best thing about this is that the team behind it gives you so many options to customize your game, so it fits your favorite title's style of play. Or, if you prefer, you can make it something entirely its own by mixing the mechanics.

Edit:

Going for a twofer.

Castelvania:Bloodlines (Genesis/Mega Drive) cleared.

iUN2gMmUkdE5a.jpg

iZ07WlCOrnGH8.jpg

The other classic Castlevania title that I can actually get behind. Bloodlines is a unique game in the series, in that it's one of the only games where you're not controlling one of the Belmont clan on a quest to slay Dracula yet again.  There's still Dracula slaying to be had, as Elizabeth Bathory (yes, that one) is reviving him this time. Since the Belmonts are absent, the slack has to be picked up by the related Morris clan who can't use the true power of the vampire killer without the aid of the Lecarde clan. If this sounds familiar, that's because it's the prequel to DS' Portrait of Ruin. You play as either John Morris or Eric Lecarde, who wields Alucard's spear, as they travel the European continent trying to track down Bathory and put an end to her. Went with Eric this time because, I was just whipping some undead last week so I figured why not skewer them this time. Like its SNES counterpart, Bloodlines is a game that focused on getting the best it could get out of its respective hardware. Rotating backgrounds, reflections in the water, and morphing sprites are all on display here. Not particularly hard for a Castlevania game, but also not easy. If you fancy the series, and somehow HAVEN'T played Bloodlines, than grab your whip and get to killin'.

Been a day, so I figure this should be a new post so it doesn't get lost.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis/MegaDrive) cleared.

iberfgzBzrqcLe.jpg

ibiLHgnCn8aw2h.jpg

Comic colors is the correct option, always remember that. Hyperstone Heist was Genesis' TMNT game to give SEGA console owners their own game to play since they didn't get the Arcade enhanced port of Turtles in Time. However, the game DOES use the assets of Turtles in Time, including the music, but it's an original game all save for Super Shredder being the final boss again. The stages are a lot longer too, with there only being 5 but being split up over multiple parts. Great game, and it was one I used to play all the time with my brother when I was younger.

Alright, it's been awhile.

Finished the last two episodes of Back to the Future: The Game, as well as two other PSP games that I'll post proof for later.

2145319-game_back_to_the_future_episode_2145321-game_back_to_the_future_episode_

Final Verdict? Back to the Future: The Game is a typical TellTale game that is enjoyable for fans of the original Back to the Future. It has great respect to the source material while branching out and taking us to new ventures Back to the Future has never gone to. Despite the obvious technical  problems of the engine TellTale IS STILL USING, Back to the Future: The Game is one of the many TellTale hits you won't want to miss.

Proof: (Check gold trophies fr episode completion)

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/906-Back-to-the-Future-Episode-4-Double-Visions/MeltingComet

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/922-Back-to-the-Future-Episode-5-OUTATIME/MeltingComet

• Thumbs Up 1

A'ight, so I'm joining the helm, helping out with the updating of the leaderboards. That being said, the leaderboards have been updated.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here we go with another pair of games.

One is a game we're all familiar with; "Sonic The Fighters", Arcade, Sega.

d4XuAYv.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Third entry: Megaman X8-PC (Normal)

EDIT: I dunno when was the last time I edited this but I somehow deleted my comments. Ooops.

K9BAqfV.jpg
Edited by Ristar

Mickey Mouse in Land of Illusion (SEGA Master System) cleared.

iAM7iTfnLncap.jpg

I have never actually played Master System games before, so I was going with a list of games I saw that was suggested. Well, I can see why Land of Illusion was suggested. A nice little platformer that plays differently from the others in its series with Super Mario Bros. 2 esque chucking blocks and a power up gimmick similar to QuackShot on the the Genesis. Also, actually surprisingly challenging considering the character starring, but back in the day that's how it was.

Edit:

No one said anything about arcade games not being ok, so I assume this is fine.

Captain Commando (Arcade CAPCOM) cleared

ibmwD5BKlILmL1.png

ibunbT3NMcr0dm.png

Klonoa Door to Phantomile (PS3)

(I took this pic with my phone so its huuuuuuge!)

PBQVRs9.jpg

So a little story. Although I've definitely heard of Klonoa, I never actually felt like playing the games since I didn't grow up with Playstation. Amazing life decisions right there. And even though it did get a game on the Wii I just totally forgot about it. So a friend recently recommended this little gem of a series to me and wouldn't you know it, it was flash sale season! So I snagged this along with some other goodies.

I have to say this game has lots of charm! It gave me feels, it made me laugh, and the sounds from the creatures make me think of Banjo Kazooie silliness. The platforming was a lot of fun, especially its creature jumping mechanic, although the bosses may have been a bit on the easy side. And that ending gave me chills. Seriously. To anyone that may have been like past me, don't ignore this great game. Especially when it's only a dollar! After I beat the story, I saw that a stage select unlocked so I guess I'm not done yet!

I have a sinking feeling a lot of enemy jumping is in my future...

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll play every single ACTION 52 game.

Somebody has already joked about this, but from what I've heard most of em don't count since they are more of a Score-like game rather than a game you could finish through the end, post proof, and fully evaluate on.

Alright, finished AC Bloodlines and Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension. I'll be showing AC Bloodlines first though.

Published by Ubisoft

Developed by Griptonite Games

Playable on: PSP (Also has connectivity feature that allows you to link up to the original AC game on a PS3)

AC Bloodlines? Alright. Compared to newer Assassin games it's sheer abysmal but for a PSP title, it's OK. The story was fine, gameplay was average, and graphics were OK. It's really hard to sum up this game other than a smaller AC title meant to cash in.

proof

photo_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg