Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

It's alright, I'll take care of it after I finish this Sam and Max episode.

I fixed it.

I finished Episode 3, Episode 4 and Episode 5 of Sam and Max: Season 2 (Beyond Space and Time).

header.jpg?t=1307491819

Published/Developed by Telltale Games with Gametap

Released on: All 7th gen consoles including iOS and PC

Proof:

Ep 3 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=443316184)

Ep 4 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444427732)

Ep 5 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444560615)

Episode 3 is weird, long, and really repetitive. It's still a hilarious romp but it's probably my least favorite out of all of the Season 2 episodes.

Episode 4 is a episode on time travel, and it is an absolute mess. Which is the best part of the episode since you end up finding out how a lot of the events in Season 2 connected. 

Episode 5 is a decent finale, with a lot of callbacks to a bunch of characters and other events throughout the series.

It's hard to really sum up Sam and Max. It's funny, and it's puzzles is not as difficult as many other classic adventure games, but it's still challenging enough.

I'm half asleep, work wasn't fun okay

I'm not getting mad at you, just clarifying it was input wrong. Sorry you had a bad day at work.

A quick one I added to my list.

Quick, but frustrating as hell near the end, I assure you.

Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! (Hudson Soft, Gameboy)

u8bmob4.png

It's just a classic Bomberman game with a rushed Wario themed paintjob. This game is the American and European version of Bomberman GB, a game that was 100% Bomberman.

Heck, you don't even face Wario as a final boss! Instead, you fight against Wario clones during normal gameplay.

Alright then, been out of this for far too long so here's a little update for my lineup.

• Sonic 2 (100% Sonic Run), Android

Sonic%202_zpsnbzvmlta.png

I don't think this one needs much of a description. I can always have a casual run through this game and have a good time. Again, the StealthTax remake just makes the trip even more enjoyable. My only real complaint is that Tails still lags behind you in the special stages so I still refuse to do an emerald run with Sonic & Tails.

• Super Mario 64 (Around 75 stars at this point), Wii U VC

Mario%2064_zpsuzffr2rl.jpg

Again, another classic that we all know. I've only ever played the DS remake a number of years ago so it was great to go through the original version. The analogue input really is an improvement over my first run with the DS d-pad which made things like aiming Bowser in the final fight borderline impossible. I'll be working on completing the game for sure, had a great time with this.

• Rogue Legacy (Non-Platinum), PS4

Rogue_zpsrwcqacjm.png

Definitely an interesting one, I'd put a fair amount of time into this until recently. The randomised layout of the castle did make each attempt (of which there were many) different in some way. It's one of those games designed to have you killed every few minutes so it's definitely not for everyone. I think the randomised character options at the start of each attempt did have a knock on my enjoyment. Some types are clearly better than others and I really didn't enjoy having my speed and strength vary wildly each time.

• Shovel Knight (Non-Platinum), PS4

Shovel_zpsq4lw9ywo.png

Well now, this really was something. I'd heard a great deal about this game after its initial release including the high amount of praise. I opted to hold off until the PS4 release (God knows I need stuff to play on it) before jumping in.

Of all the "8-bit" indie titles I've seen/played this really is the only one so far that seems to have pulled it off. The graphical style really feels like a natural fit for the game rather than a cheap way out for the designers. I did like the compromise between the linear progression of Mario and the open-ended Megaman. For most of the game you always have a choice. If one level is giving you trouble, you can take on the other one available instead and come back later. I don't have many gripes at all with the game and in fact the only real complaint I can think of is that some levels later on do tend to drag on a bit, how much so depends on your death count in the stage. I'm certainly planning on taking on the platinum for this game, looks like a great challenge.

Updated.

Also, this may take a while, and I don't think many users will actually read this beyond the title of the game, but I know that some people actually read the posts in this topic in their entirety, so I want to share this little story with you.

Ready?

I want to talk to you about this game, and what it means to me.

bcyMuUr.png

"Magical Tetris Challenge" (Capcom, PSX) is your run-of-the-mill tetris game. You choose one of the four playable Disney characters (Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Minnie) and defeat the rest of the cast during the story mode, where Pete and his gang, Weasel and Zeke the Big Bad Wolf, have collected a mind-controlling purple rock. From space. The story is nothing to write home about. The music, though, is great, as expected by Capcom standard.

And the gameplay...well, it's Tetris.

So, why is this game, which I got as a Christmas gift from my parents when I was 9, so important to me?

See, I love my parents. They're big workers, great guys. But, alas, we don't have much in common when it comes to hobbies and such.

My dad, especially, is like my complete opposite. He has a knack for working with motors and he likes fishing, He's this big, bulky guy, one of those guys who speak very little when at home, a few jokes here and there aside.

Me? Eh. I don't like to say it out loud, but I'm pretty much a nerdy guy. I even have red hair and glasses. And when I was 9, I'm pretty sure I even had a Mandark-styled haircut.

But after unwrapping this gift, my dad pulled another thing out of a bag. A second joystick. Now, my dad is not a gamer. He only played 3 games; Metal Gear Solid (once, he got bored quickly), a game called "Apocalypse", and this one.

And we played this game, together, for years. I went for Donald, my dad for Goofy. Cartoon!Mickey isn't that well-liked in Italy, you see. The afternoons spent losing to my dad at Tetris are still fresh in my mind. Sometimes, my mom joined too.

I can't help but feeling a powerful sense of nostalgia whenever I'm talking about this game. And that's why, I finished the story with all 4 characters. It took me 2 days, but here it is. 100%ed the game, beaten Pete, re-experienced old memories.

2IVGagP.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Complete 

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/34-Uncharted-Drakes-Fortune/ryannumber3gamer

(It's the Charted! - Normal) trophy. 

Wow. Compared to the next two Uncharted games, the original game is really not all that great. There's far too much gunplay, gunplay that is often times cheap, annoying, repetitive and usually results in the player groaning every time you have to get into another gun fight. The platforming is alright, as is the set pieces but once again, they're upstaged by the next two games in the series. Really, the original game is just sort of meh.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Complete

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/188-Uncharted-2-Among-Thieves/ryannumber3gamer

(Again, it's the Charted! - Normal trophy) 

Uncharted 2 is a great game, one that improves heavily on the original game, and is overall just on of those great games, although personally, I thought Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception was much better. Don't get me wrong, Uncharted 2 is still a great game, and is one of the best on PS3 but, the best of the series and all around perfect? I gotta disagree. The gunplay while improved still gets repetitive, the gunfights a lot of the time are just cheap, and will especially annoy you when you're doing good in a gunfight, only to get killed by a shotgun enemy you didn't see and can kill Nate in one shot, forcing the entire gunfight to have to be restarted.

But Uncharted 2 does improve a lot of things as well, there's more platforming in the game, along with some amazing set pieces such as climbing up a train hanging over a cliff after Nate has been shot, and the amazing train chapters. It also takes a lot of steps to make the game feel fresh. For example, they'll make more attempts at varying levels like a stealth level where you have to sneak into a museum without being spotted.

Another thing they improved was, a massive issue with the first game was the majority of it always feels like more of the same, and a big reason for that is the majority of the areas you explore is either just a jungle level, or just a tomb level. After playing 22 chapters of nothing but jungle and tomb areas, it all feels samey. But they definitely improve it here, where they allow Drake to explore so many locations, such as the Borneo jungles, the museum, the snowy mountains of Tibet, urban areas, a train speeding through tunnels and so many more. If I did have one issue, I'd say the snowy mountain levels last a bit too long (Chapters 22 and 23 especially feel like they just keep going on and on).

Overall Uncharted 2 is a brilliant game. 

I always wanted to give Uncharted a chance, but since I don't have a PS3, it's a moot point.

And to think that the comic book store nearby has an used copy of Uncharted 2 at the price of 5 Euros...

Updated, by the way.

And with that update, I have now completed 37 out of the 52 games, which means I have 15 games to go!

Also, my list says I've completed BTTF The Game Ep 1, 5 times instead of saying I completed all 5 episodes 100%

This is fixed.

The last one still says Ep 1 :P

Run Sackboy! Run! --- Vita --- 100%

A badly ported mobile game which is a slow Sonic Runners but now featuring Sackboy. 

There really isn't anything else to say on it if you like these games you'll like it, if you don't you don't.

11261928_10203151487502120_6042230446716 

Toy Story 2 (PS1) - 100% (All tokens collected)

MEMORIES! This was the first game I ever bought and I haven't played it in over a decade. How's it hold up? Really well. A lot easier than I remember but back then I had no idea how games worked so it just goes to show it can be fun for both young and old. Buzz is a tad slippery and I had the occasional glitch (fell through a platform) but those aside, I raced, collected and fought the way a true space ranger would!

• Thumbs Up 1

And another one to add to my list

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies (3DS) 100%

Sorry for lack of a better pic but the Not Guilty of Sasha Buckler from the DLC case should do. So the 5th Ace Attorney game (not including Investigatons). I liked it but man did it have problems. I think it tried to be a bit too cinematic. That and I just didn't like Blackquill. His "smash my shackles and everyone gets scared" bit got annoying the second time. Not to mention Fulbright but can't complain about him later in the game. So yeah, had fun on this one, a shame the next Ace Attorney game is going for a daft prequel instead of continuing here.

Ok so, It's been a while since the last time I posted here. And I have a REALLY good reason for it.

First of all

post-6099-0-26964300-1432297001_thumb.jp

post-6099-0-47309900-1432297002_thumb.jp

post-6099-0-96369400-1432297004_thumb.jp

Back to the Future the Game: Episodes 1,2 and 3 - PS3 - Telltale Games

I bought these from the 0,99 Flash sale a while back, everyone kept saying they were great, I wanted to wait ti'll I watched the movies to play it, then I decided to just give it a test, to see how they are.

I couldn't stop playing. I literally couldn't stop, it was so good, the characters are so interesting, the interactions are great, their personalities are so defined, and they ease you into the Back to the Future plot, so even if you know nothing about it, you can understand what's going on. It is a great experience, and I can't wait to start Episode 4.

post-6099-0-00328500-1432297004_thumb.jp

Ducktales Remastered - PS3 - Capcom

This game is so fun, it's full of charm and it really feels like the cartoon, it's amazing that they got the cast back for this and how loyal to the original they were, I hear people complaining about it, I don't see what is their beef with it, maybe because I never played the original, but as it is, it's a great platformer.

2U3gcQ1.jpg

Aaaaand back again. On a roll this week!

11130164_10203166403435009_2247410035912

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed 3DS

I promised a friend I would play it and now I have. Overall it's pretty good. It was a bugger to get all 123 stars. A decent racer, great courses and music. My only problem is that I kept having a "trick glitch" that after I use the All Star move, I can no longer trick. Good job Sumo!

11265247_10203166404155027_1495127555894

The Lost World Jurassic Park (PS1)

This was the first game I ever owned and I have never finished it. Until now. I was able to dodge through the legs of giants as a Compsognathus. I shot terrifying dino's in the face as the Hunter. I ran through a perilous forest fire as a Velociraptor. I destroyed a hunter camp as a Tyrannosaurus Rex. I escaped the chaos as Sarah Harding. This game is damn hard but damn rewarding. The music is phenominal too, the composer is doing Jurassic World actually (please use hints of this game's score in it please!) Long live The Lost World!

Updated! That said, I finished EP 1 on Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse!

Proof:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447229843

header.jpg?t=1322083443

Published/Developed by Telltale Games

Released on: All major 7th gen consoles + PC

Honestly, I'm not really that impressed with Season 3. The game feels much more different, which took some getting used to. The humor is still silly and the puzzles are difficult but not entirely impossible, so it's still good in my book. I just didn't enjoy this as much as I did with Season 2 or Season 1. Hopefully this will change as I play the other episodes.

Missed my Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies there.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3) - 100% Complete

(Once again finished on my backup account as I already completed the game 100% on my regular account)

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2467-South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth/ryannumber1gamer

Still a pretty good game one year later, although I still don't think I'm going to platinum this again. I had to play this with a missable items guide because I didn't want to risk missing a missable item and having to do an entire playthrough again just to get 100% (Note: DO NOT PUT MISSABLE ITEMS INTO AN RPG! >.<). That plus a lot of the side quests can get annoying. But if you love South Park, you'll love this game. It's full with self reference humor, game related humor, and has a lot of fun gameplay. 

But by the half way point, due to the small size of South Park, you'll likely get sick of having to run from place to place, even if using the fast travel system, just because you always go to the same environments. That's not to mention the amount of easy to miss collectables and more. If you play it and want to finish it fully, I definitely recommend you use a collectable guide. 

Time for another pic dump

post-6099-0-61012000-1432516392_thumb.jp

Mega Man 3 - NES - Capcom

Not too much has changed from Megaman 2 here, yes, they added Rush and the Slide, but that only balances with the weapons, which became a lot less useful than in Megaman 2, so I guess that's on the same level as Megaman 2?

My only problem is the Doc Robots, which oddly enough, this time I had no trouble with, and this is actually the first time I beat them, usually I just skip them with passwords, but yeah, this was an unnecessary way of padding things out.

post-6099-0-74255700-1432516395_thumb.jp

Back to the Future Episode 4 - PS3 - Telltale Games

The plot is just getting better and better, I really can't wait for the conclusion, gonna start playing it tomorrow!

post-6099-0-54874100-1432516398_thumb.jp

Spyro the Dragon - Insomniac Games - PS3

God dammit I really didn't like this one. Thank god for the sequels, because this game is bad. Now I can see why the latter games barely take anything from here, the enemies are unimaginative, the platforming is unfair as all hell, and honestly, the enemy placement and hitboxes are bullshit.

post-6099-0-33799600-1432516401_thumb.jp

Mega Man - Capcom - NES

The most basic of Mega Mans in my opinion, not bad, just it has nothing interesting to it, you can see the potential there, but this game just can't use all of it, thankfully the sequels managed to improve and use up all that potential that spawned this amazing franchise.

Ok then, now that I managed to catch up, 14 games to go!

Sorry for double posting, I honestly didn't expect to finish this game so quickly

post-6099-0-56552900-1432595217_thumb.pn

Mega Man 7 - Capcom - SNES

Pretty good game, Mega Man's transition to the SNES was pretty smooth, and while it had some moments of bullshit, it was a good ride from begining to end, the shop was a great addition, and the Super Adaptor is pretty fun to use.

Also for the people saying the final boss is the hardest one in the franchise, ya'll suck, It was easy as hell :U

BTW, the picture here is a print from a Windows Media Player window, because I was recording it and my capture card can't record and take pictures at the same time, I can post the actual video if you need extra proof.

Oh and another thing, after checking the list, I realised you guys forgot to add Crash Bandicoot 1 to my list, I made a post about it a page or two ago :U

Updated! Sorry for the late one, was quite busy on my end.