Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Even if they replace Amitie-style with gothic, its still a disadvantage for those who couldn't get both.

Let me rephrase my statement.

Maybe Gothic Amy will not be available to areas that have Amitie Amy.

Then again, people that did have access to the event probably didn't get the character, so can't say that.

Either way, we need characters...do we?

Then again, people that did have access to the event probably didn't get the character, so can't say that.

Either way, we need characters...do we?

I think she'll be coming next year, substitute or not.
I got the game during soft launch and just never got her on the roulette, so that'd mean I'd miss Gothic Amy as well. 

My guess is with version 2.0 they'll have more characters, maybe Amitie will come back but we have Tikal and Blaze so that's a good enough substitute XD

How will they know though? I started on soft launch and transferred to the US version, so there shouldn't be much that shows that I was a soft launch player, unless they want to block every account that has Merlina or something like that. I don't see why they would though, as characters are probably where most of their RSR sales come from and they don't seem to care about fairness anyway. *Patiently waits for Carbuncle rerelease that will never happen*

I think she'll be coming next year, substitute or not.I got the game during soft launch and just never got her on the roulette, so that'd mean I'd miss Gothic Amy as well. 

My guess is with version 2.0 they'll have more characters, maybe Amitie will come back but we have Tikal and Blaze so that's a good enough substitute XD

I don't think Blaze replaces Amite Amy very well because Power types are just much worse than the other characters (except in the power zone, but the only reason you'd do a run there is if you're doing the mech team). Hopefully Gothic Amy comes out soon, but since she didn't come out during Halloween I don't know when they plan on releasing her. 

I wonder which characters will get the Christmas treatment? Halloween did team dark. I have no idea who’ll they’ll pick for this next one… should be interesting.

I wonder which characters will get the Christmas treatment? Halloween did team dark. I have no idea who’ll they’ll pick for this next one… should be interesting.

Probably Team Hero. It makes sense since they're practically the opposite of Team Dark, and Christmas is kind of the opposite of Halloween. Plus, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are fitting for Christmas. Either that, or maybe Team Easy? Silver, Cream and Big are kinda fitting for Christmas too. Silver was the prize character for Christmas in Sonic Dash and Jump Fever, so maybe they'll release Christmas versions of Team Easy but instead of the speed/score reduction they'll have a legit good bonus? Or they'll just have a worse version of the Easy bonus. I still think Team Hero are more likely.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally I want Team Easy to come back. Christmas Silver would be Speed/Hero (-10% Speed +150 Distance to get rid of the handicap) and Christmas Cream and Big would be Rose type (Not "lady" so only +100 Animal with -10% speed) and remove the handicap. This way we get useful versions of them and they're still purchasable for those who want.

Edited by SuperAj3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm guessing hero, you know, because of "Omochao dressed up as Papá Noel"

I just hope its 150% distance bonus like classic Sonic and not 100% (if its distance bonus, I still want 100% RSR bonus at some point)

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally I want Team Easy to come back. Christmas Silver would be Speed/Hero (-10% Speed +150 Distance to get rid of the handicap) and Christmas Cream and Big would be Rose type (Not "lady" so only +100 Animal with -10% speed) and remove the handicap. This way we get useful versions of them and they're still purchasable for those who want.

That sounds awesome. I don't want Silver to get the 150% distance bonus though... From what I heard that bonus is useless. Hmm, has anyone figured out an OP Distance Combination? With the Animal thing though, I can see Cream and Tikal being the best for Animal team.

just curious, what Team could they create for Silver? A lot of people say that Silver, Blaze and maybe Marine should be Team Sol, but personally I think Team Flame or Flare is a much fitting name. Considering Silver's original origin is a future in flames and Blaze is the warrior of flames with Marine as her sidekick, I think that's more fitting.

And in speaking of teams, I really /really/ want them to bring back Jet the Hawk. Maybe Team Babylon could have the RSR bonus? It makes sense since they're treasure hunters.

That sounds awesome. I don't want Silver to get the 150% distance bonus though... From what I heard that bonus is useless. Hmm, has anyone figured out an OP Distance Combination? With the Animal thing though, I can see Cream and Tikal being the best for Animal team.

just curious, what Team could they create for Silver? A lot of people say that Silver, Blaze and maybe Marine should be Team Sol, but personally I think Team Flame or Flare is a much fitting name. Considering Silver's original origin is a future in flames and Blaze is the warrior of flames with Marine as her sidekick, I think that's more fitting.

And in speaking of teams, I really /really/ want them to bring back Jet the Hawk. Maybe Team Babylon could have the RSR bonus? It makes sense since they're treasure hunters.

so far, classic sonic (150) + tikal (100) with:

Egg chao (315) + jewel chao (165) [IIRC]

= 730.... If we change tikal to some other with 150, we get 780, I don't know if its OP or not...so far with 600 it doesn't looks like it.

"Blaze doesn't replace Double Amy really well" ummm no.

She requires much less rings to level up and if you're a good player you won't die with your first character (meaning you can just use Amy the whole run). If you do die, then you get a free revive with a shield.

She requires much less rings to level up

Wait what? I thought only Team Easy was cheaper to level. I just checked, and my Classic Sonic and Blaze cost the same to level. 

And I suppose you're right about power types still being good enough if you're skilled enough to consistently score 10 million (though there's likely less than 1000 people who can considering my highest score last weekend (probably 11-12 million) got a laughable 562 on the world leaderboard). However, I still don't think it's fair that soft launch players had access to a Speed/Lady type and a Power/Lady type while worldwide players only got the latter.

Also worth noting that free revives don't consistently work, at least on all devices. For me, it seems like I'll run them out, but it will still give me the option with no reward for watching the video. By the next day they seem to start working again, but there's always the chance that a free revive doesn't work when I'd prefer it did. 

Edited by Jrodt333

Wait what? I thought only Team Easy was cheaper to level. I just checked, and my Classic Sonic and Blaze cost the same to level. 

And I suppose you're right about power types still being good enough if you're skilled enough to consistently score 10 million (though there's likely less than 1000 people who can considering my highest score last weekend (probably 11-12 million) got a laughable 562 on the world leaderboard). However, I still don't think it's fair that soft launch players had access to a Speed/Lady type and a Power/Lady type while worldwide players only got the latter.

Also worth noting that free revives don't consistently work, at least on all devices. For me, it seems like I'll run them out, but it will still give me the option with no reward for watching the video. By the next day they seem to start working again, but there's always the chance that a free revive doesn't work when I'd prefer it did. 

mb, I saw 300 on mine but I realised the little green bar was 90% filled. That's strange, considering both Omega and Halloween Omega are cheap and cost the exact same amount to level up.

Hmm, what does this means? I was thinking new buddies tonight but now, maybe the crossover?

"【Notice】
Today we will be held after a long time of collaboration!
Tsu to enjoy announcements around 18:00
# Sonic Runners "

Edit: yeah, Opa Opa.

Edited by Hundjäger18

Well, that leaves dark merlina and gothic Amy on this update, im guessing 1.1.5 or 2.0 comes this friday but im not sure.

Opapa looks like a carbuncle with lower combo + orca, is there something the Opapa can catch that the carbuncle cant?(btw, it destroys eggman's Springs too, pretty much everything but the level itself)

Opa-Opa effect can activate the tornado 2 and give 210 rings :)

and the heavy bomb can only spawn a golden  flicky out of the enemies that get kill by it.

--------

Edit: does this means the update goes live later today or Friday?

"

★[Ver.2.0 information]
We will inform you about gradually next large update from today
First of all as the title, the next version up is referred to as a "2.0", and will deliver the Sonic Runners who evolved easier to play while maintaining the game of the current situation
# Sonic Runners  ★

Edited by Hundjäger18
  • Thumbs Up 2

"IMA CHARGING MAH LAZOR! " (can't screenshot laser part since it lasts only 1 sec)

You can't spell Opapa without OP!

Looks really cool xD

IMG_20151117_58984.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you all notice how the notification for the event stated that along with all the normal things O-Papa picks up, it also collects clocks? At first I thought they were either mixing up their games or accidentally revealing a new gimmick for a special stage (which is very possible), but then after hearing about 2.0 I realized something much worse. What if they're adding clocks to the main levels, and if you run out of time, you're dead? People (myself included, luckily) have been getting ridiculous scores way too easily, so what if Sega decides the only solution is to automatically end our game over time, or at least add another way to kill us sooner? Tbh if I'm still able to make it to 10 million every run I wouldn't care much, but this would still be a huge negative change. Of course I'm just speculating, and hopefully I'm wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 2

But there is a clock during a boss battle, right?

I think that's more a timer. The wording is "All rings, red-star rings...and clocks are also replenished!" Interpret that however you want, but the "clocks" are lumped with the pickups, and if the the boss timer is replenished every 160 combo (with power type) then I feel like it would possible for top speed Eggman to last indefinitely, especially with King Arthur helping. The use of the word "replenished" is odd, but considering these are the people who can't spell "Sonic" or "speed" correctly, it's almost definitely a mistake. 

Edited by Jrodt333

Did 1 spin thinking yay a new buddy, because I like opa opa and I get METAL SONIC!!! Yes another character. Although I kind of wanted omega more because he's funnier but metal is more useful though.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Did you all notice how the notification for the event stated that along with all the normal things O-Papa picks up, it also collects clocks? At first I thought they were either mixing up their games or accidentally revealing a new gimmick for a special stage (which is very possible), but then after hearing about 2.0 I realized something much worse. What if they're adding clocks to the main levels, and if you run out of time, you're dead? People (myself included, luckily) have been getting ridiculous scores way too easily, so what if Sega decides the only solution is to automatically end our game over time, or at least add another way to kill us sooner? Tbh if I'm still able to make it to 10 million every run I wouldn't care much, but this would still be a huge negative change. Of course I'm just speculating, and hopefully I'm wrong. 

That sounds quite plausible. So long as they have a fair amount of clocks on the stage, then it wouldn't be too bad. 

Whoever said clocks are going to be added as collectibles in version 2.0 was spot on!

A new mode with its own ranking board called "Quick mode" is being added, where you need to score as high as possible with a time limit. Collect clocks to extend your time.

• Thumbs Up 5

Quick mode is a good idea, as a Sonic Runners session can drag on for far too long. I hope this separate ranking board has daily rewards. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Quoting is acting weird, so I'll just post without them. @The Speedstar 7 To be very frank, you're wrong. Team Mech is useless if you don't use the 2 ghosts, which requires power types (to destroy super enemies). If you have Metal along with a Power Mech and the ghosts, then you've got a completely broken team, but honestly Metal's only useful as a score booster. 

About the time attack mode, I'm surprised. It actually doesn't sound too bad. I wonder what the incentive to do it will be though?

• Thumbs Up 2