Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Well this is irritating. I took a quick break and I do this every now and then and nothing happens, but not this time, i was just about to get to 40 million then i died. After all that work I get this and lost all my work! ??

image.png

Well this is irritating. I took a quick break and I do this every now and then and nothing happens, but not this time, i was just about to get to 40 million then i died. After all that work I get this and lost all my work! ??

image.png

Wait a minute when I did get this before it didn't save but it saved this time I guess I spoke to soon. ??

• Thumbs Up 2

The models aren't rigged, I can send them but you'll have to add textures in yourself (When I ported the model it needed to be retextured.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Update! Buddies now max out at level 10, not 5. Also Star ranking's basically been confirmed and that caps at level 10 too. Have fun maxing out buddies and characters now!

• Thumbs Up 1

Update 2.0 looks like it will make the game be a lot less enjoyable, even if current state isn't the best. 

You might be able to get the useless hero team on roulette, getting duplicates will no longer give a refund, buddies at level 10...rsr farming can't save me from all this, and that new "daily 5 rsr" won't help a thing either. 

Getting the team sonic omochao trio from 0 to max = 900 rsr wasted (not counting landing on duplicates or other buddies), now the same useless trio needs 1650 rsr to be maxed.

I think it's time to say nope and retreat o_o

• Thumbs Up 2

This update benefits Sega a lot more than the user. That means more RSR farming = more use of your precious hours = more ads => more $$$ for Sega.

Or purchasing more RSR = $$$ for Sega.

Instead of thanking the players who have spent hours upon hours playing their glitched up game and giving them money, they said to you all F*** YOU GIVE US MORE!

I was interested of what 2.0 would bring, and I thought this will be the update that would make me come back to Runners, but it doesn't. In fact it pushes me even further back. We only get to live once. I'm not wasting my hours that I'll never get back over Sega dangling a carrot in front of my face, and getting cash for doing so.

• Thumbs Up 5

They must know how easy people have been getting RSR for free with the Cruiser and King Arthur. They should've never added those buddies if they knew people would abuse them XD

• Thumbs Up 2

They must know how easy people have been getting RSR for free with the Cruiser and King Arthur. They should've never added those buddies if they knew people would abuse them XD

i hate this...is like being back to hhaving only half of the buddies...I'm gonna need 44k RSR to go back to max, that's even more than what I have gotten on total the entire game!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Abusing them? Are you kidding me?

Sega have been trying their absolute hardest to squeeze every bit of money from the player, either from ads or microtransactions, and doing everything possible to make things even harder. 

Useless buddies introduced every month, less than 6% chance to get characters, reduced RSRs in story mode. It's gotten to the point where even the events are desperately trying to heavily reduce the RSR rewards.

Now 2.0 is designed to try screw over the player even further, with level 10 useless buddies, no more refunds on character doubles, and more.

I haven't played Runners since the Halloween event, but like Ming Ming, this update is only going to drive me even further from the game, because frankly, I've had enough of Sega's bullshit.

Edited by Ryannumber1Santa
  • Thumbs Up 8

and not everyone has a level 5 cruiser/Arthur (some don't even have one of those/both), even with both it takes a ridiculous amount of time to farm all the rsr we will need. 

Nope, maxing egg Chao,  easter bunny and all the already maxed useless buddies isn't worth it

• Thumbs Up 1

Abusing them? Are you kidding me?

Sega have been trying their absolute hardest to squeeze every bit of money from the player, either from ads or microtransactions, and doing everything possible to make things even harder. 

Useless buddies introduced every month, less than 6% chance to get characters, reduced RSRs in story mode. It's gotten to the point where even the events are desperately trying to heavily reduce the RSR rewards.

Now 2.0 is designed to try screw over the player even further, with level 10 useless buddies, no more refunds on character doubles, and more.

I haven't played Runners since the Halloween event, but like Ming Ming, this update is only going to drive me even further from the game, because frankly, I've had enough of Sega's bullshit.

It's still more than they want you to be making, regardless of if it's enough LOL Anything that hinders sales they're gonna try to overcome. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's still more than they want you to be making, regardless of if it's enough LOL Anything that hinders sales they're gonna try to overcome. 

Except the fact this hinders sales even further because it's making people quit Runners, therefore meaning they aren't getting ad revenue

• Thumbs Up 2

Except the fact this hinders sales even further because it's making people quit Runners, therefore meaning they aren't getting ad revenue

It won't hinder sales it'll boost it. Japan's not against microtransactions as much as western audiences are. If they're into a game they'll pay and want to pay.

• Thumbs Up 3

SoOoo.... the big 2.0 update is more of a degrade then a upgrade overall so far huh? ... lovely... as if the game wasn't bad enough off already. Ugh. I wonder if there will be any other ways to get special eggs now that we can't depend on getting 3 from max buddy level overloads... probably not.

Well I might play little bit more if by some small chance getting new characters is better then before or at least isn't harder then before somehow... otherwise I think it'll be time I'll just drop the game and say "Thanks for nothing SEGA" ;/

PS: Seriously... Sonic Runners could had been so much better then all of this. :Y

• Thumbs Up 1

Not a fan of the level 10 buddies. Unless of course a level 10 RSR battleship means you can pick up 50 RSR at a time!

I just wish they'd give the option to buy buddies/characters outright. I'm sure they would make more money that way. 

I hope they make it easier to get certain buddies. I've been playing since day one (during the soft launch) and my RSR battleship is still only on level 3. With all the buddies that are added, it's becoming harder and harder to level it up. 

It doesnt sound really that bad. Maybe the buddies will be OP

you can have OP buddies, but still finishing episodes at light speed record time would only = 5/10 rsr, and you need A LOT more to deal with everything they will be throwing at us in this update :S

I know Japanese players love things like these and all, but the roulette is already full of buddies, more are on the way, they already doubled the number of them needed to have it all maxed, characters duplicates won't be worth it most of the time and probably the price per spin isn't changing...Can't they show at least 5% kindness and comprehension for the non Japanese players? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, if it's possible to get a level 10 Shahra or King Boo and their effects are twice as good (200 combo for items of 60% chance or massive enemy bonus), then I think this is probably still good. If not, at least my animal team will probably get some buffs. There's no chance I'm maxing everything now though, and I guess special eggs will be much harder to get. I guess since I expected this update to have at least something bad about it, I'm not that mad about this. It could have been much worse. 

Edited by Jrodt333

Can't they show at least 5% kindness and comprehension for the non Japanese players? 

Considering the fact that the Sonic series isn't even a popular series in japan nearly as much as it is in some other places like the US/UK... "The last I knew anyways." 

kinda says they should at least keep more of a middle ground with how people outside of japan like to play these games.