Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

This update is bad probably because it breaks more things than fixes. Also loading time did not improve at all so I don't know kind of bull that is.

I find the wild thing sort of offensive. It implies she's barbaric/savage/crazy just because she has a tribal appearance but I guess they're trying to appeal to the casuals who don't know anything about Tikal. She's literally the exact opposite personality wise.

I'm noticing bugs left right and centre with this update! Checking the Runners League contestants gives the wring background for companions (It showed that Shahra and Mother Wisp were R and not S) and I got a bug un pausing the game which caused a never ending countdown... I'm uploading a video of right now. I'll post it here soon.

Also I think the "Wild" means she's part of a Tribe? I guess it means Sticks will be Power/Wild and maybe Marine will be Speed/Wild. Marine's kinda from a tribe (of Koalas) , and her Aussie accent could be confused as something foreign or 'uncivilised' (It's OK, I'm Aussie I can say this XD)

Edited by SuperAj3
  • Thumbs Up 1

In my opinion it relates more to the fact that she is from a ancient tribe. And tribal people are considered wild by others I think... as they don't belong to a modern more advanced culture.

She's a ghost still I believe. And ghost often can fly... I think the logic behind it is as simple as that TBH.

Yeah, except it goes completely against Tikal's character as a whole, and her entire personality, which was all built up as a peaceful person in the Knuckles Tribe who wanted what was best for everyone. Not some wild girl like Sticks who isn't adjusted to being in public.

As for fly type, the only time we saw Tikal flying in Adventure was when she was a red orb who would guide the player. 

Tikal as a Wild type makes sense to me, actually. She's from an ancient tribe and her clothes have a sort of style to them that make her look more.. Sticks-y if that makes sense. She's not the most modern of the characters, and the fact that she lived in the Mystic Ruins gives her a jungle-y type of feel to her. In fact, as soon as I read Wild type, I thought of Sticks. Do you guys suppose she'll wiggle her way in to this game? 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, along with shadow

Not even close.

Fly characters totally trump all other characters regardless of character bonus.

Exception is cream.

Well you cant really call a character in this game the best. It matters how you use them. I use Shadow better than rouge because i like speed types better. Someone can call Omega the best character because he likes the power chars.

Well you cant really call a character in this game the best. It matters how you use them. I use Shadow better than rouge because i like speed types better. Someone can call Omega the best character because he likes the power chars.

Actually, you really can call a character the best. We can look at the stuff they provide and determine which has the best advantages. If you master Shadow, you've mastered Speed Types because they alll play the same. Same with Flight/Power characters. It's their advantages which determine which of them are the best.

I guess "best" is the term given to the character who has the most potential when played at an optimal level. For example, say there are two people who are on the same skill level. One plays Rouge, the other plays Shadow. Who do you think is going to score higher in the long run if they are on the same level of skill? Probably Rouge, since she has more flexibility with her jumps.

Yeah, except it goes completely against Tikal's character as a whole, and her entire personality, which was all built up as a peaceful person in the Knuckles Tribe who wanted what was best for everyone. Not some wild girl like Sticks who isn't adjusted to being in public.

As for fly type, the only time we saw Tikal flying in Adventure was when she was a red orb who would guide the player. 

Why are you assuming her being wild type relates to her personality?

And it doesn't really matter how she played in the past games. Only time she was playable was in SA2 as a reskin. Also this game goes by it's own new set of rules.

I forogt about the bonuses. 

1st place: Dark

2nd place: Wild

3rd  place: Rose?

4th place: Mech?

5.th place: Chaotix

6th place: Hero

7th place: Easy

Also, now with the wild type we know that they can add even more char with different teams. I really hope they make a Zeti type with Zazz, Zomom and Zavok

youre right. It like saying everyone else  than team hero is evil just because of the name

Edited by Diamond Z
Forgot that the chaotix existed. Pls no h8

And it doesn't really matter how she played in the past games. Only time she was playable was in SA2 as a reskin. Also this game goes by it's own new set of rules.

Because the character bonus is referred to as a "personality" type by the game lol (no h8)

Looks like Tikal might just be the pre-patch Diddy Kong of this game!

On a side note, I managed to get the Orca. Is it any good?

Looks like Tikal might just be the pre-patch Diddy Kong of this game!

On a side note, I managed to get the Orca. Is it any good?

This a freemium game, nothing is going to be balanced lol

The Orca is a risk/reward type companion. It grants you rings in even the top speed sections, protecting you from obstacles, but also destroys platforms meaning if you're not careful you will drop to your death. I think it's a cool idea for a companion. Also there's a huge gap in the combo required when you use it with speed type characters (100 shaved off).

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes you can.

All fly types by their designed mean they're good on all stages, no other character has this benefit.

The slower fall speed also makes them far more useful for stages which have long pit sections and even the level 50 boss fight since they can glide over the mines, no other character can do this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because the character bonus is referred to as a "personality" type by the game lol (no h8)

Well I didn't see that, but alrighty. regardless it may not be a strict rule... because Mech & Chaotix doesn't seem like a personality type too.

And I'll still assume for now she is wild type because of the reasoning I said. Mostly because unless it's explained by Sega... I otherwise don't see any other better logic.

PS: On another note, there seems to be no power type for team dark yet?

Yes you can.

All fly types by their designed mean they're good on all stages, no other character has this benefit.

The slower fall speed also makes them far more useful for stages which have long pit sections and even the level 50 boss fight since they can glide over the mines, no other character can do this.

For someone who used fly characters for a really long time i can say that i prefer the speed characters. Im not saying that the fly chars are bad but i prefer using speed characters and i usually get better scores with them...

I forogt about the bonuses. 

1st place: Dark

2nd place: Wild

3rd  place: Rose?

4th place: Mech?

5th place: Hero

6th place: Easy

Excuse me? Where is Team Chaotix?

I think Team Chaotix may be the 3rd worst team in Sonic Runners.

Actually, I don't have any Team Chaotix member.

Excuse me? Where is Team Chaotix?

I think Team Chaotix may be the 3rd worst team in Sonic Runners.

Actually, I don't have any Team Chaotix member.

Chaotix is like the 4th worst actually. Dark and Rose are just miles ahead of all the other bonuses it's not even fair.

Behold... What happens if you pause the game in Sonic Runners! (Right after the run starts)

This reminds me of Assassin's Creed MP when the game sometimes gets stuck in countdown before a match begins lol

Edited by PurinxPop

Chaotix more than prove their worth on 1.5 and 2x ring days, especially when you're trying to level up characters who are level 70+

Chaotix is like the 4th worst actually. Dark and Rose are just miles ahead of all the other bonuses it's not even fair.

Any Lv. 100 Team Chaotix member will increase Ring Bonus by 125%, while any Lv. 100 Team Mech member will increase Ring Bonus by 50% & Enemy Bonus by 200%. It means that Team Mech is a little bit better at getting score than Team Chaotix.

Did you guys knew that if you hit eggman in the right spot you get all the rings and rsr he drops without using the magnet?

• Thumbs Up 1

Any Lv. 100 Team Chaotix member will increase Ring Bonus by 125%, while any Lv. 100 Team Mech member will increase Ring Bonus by 50% & Enemy Bonus by 200%. It means that Team Mech is a little bit better at getting score than Team Chaotix.

Yeah around there.

Also whose gonna help me with reporting all these nasty bugs? It's not acceptable that the game is in such a broken state. The glitched terrain lighting hurts my eyes, the endless countdown seems like it would be a big annoyance in a high score run, and the long load times for companion pictures just wastes time. There may be a better chance of SEGA hotfixing these problems if we all send them emails.

• Thumbs Up 1