Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Confirmed:

image.thumb.jpg.8435624f4b811da0aa29df1d

The iOS version also got this bug, like the Android version this time.?

I have the same problem some times, 100% when changing the settings of...the thing that takes the "t" out of the version number on the main screen.

Anyway, i dont think that confirms it, it could as well be a left over of the last one, or just wrong texture loading.

Lag a problem for you? Let's fix it!

So you start a game and it's laggy and stuttery. The kind where you run and it's Laggy but you jump and it seems fine.

To fix the problem. On your phone or device. Push the home button.

The game will then appear as a tab (or go to the home screen, but it will still be open/running in the background). 

Tap on the game to return it to full size/push your tab button and tap it from there.

Lag begone!

This works 100% of the time on my Galaxy S5 even when I'm in the middle of a run.

Edit: Other users reporting this also works on Apple products.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lag a problem for you? Let's fix it!

So you start a game and it's laggy and stuttery. The kind where you run and it's Laggy but you jump and it seems fine.

To fix the problem. On your phone or device. Push the home button.

The game will then appear as a tab.

Tap on the game to return it to full size.

Lag begone!

This works 100% of the time on my Galaxy S5.

I'm gonna try this. Do you mean hold the home button? Just tapping takes me to my home screen. (Have an S4, so I guess it's the same?)

Don't bother looking in Top Speed sections, there's absolutely no rings whatsoever in Top Speed Sections so if you're hit once during those sections, your characters done for that run pretty much. 

One thing that has always worked for me is dying in the Top Speed section (though obviously not on purpose) and then taking the free video revive, which revives me with the usual Wisp/Magnet/Shield combo but also gives me 100 rings too, which is great until I get to the boss or next checkpoint.

It's pretty safe to assume we are getting a new character this Saturday, as Blaze will be leaving the roulette wheel and SEGA has kept two characters within the character egg since the worldwide release. Metal Sonic is being introduced on the Sonic Boom cartoon this Saturday...probably just a coincidence, but I'm hoping for Metal real soon. 

I'm really desperate to get Blaze. Rush was the game that got me into the series and Blaze is probably my favourite character. Also Speed Type master race. 

I'm gonna try this. Do you mean hold the home button? Just tapping takes me to my home screen. (Have an S4, so I guess it's the same?)

tapping it will be fine. The game still runs in the background so it won't close. I find pushing it instead of holding or pressing the tab button yields much better results.

I'm really desperate to get Blaze. Rush was the game that got me into the series and Blaze is probably my favourite character. Also Speed Type master race. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Blaze is unfortunately Power type in this game, not speed type. Really wish I knew the logic behind that decision other than "team rose needs a power type I guess".

Relatedly, I have gotten Blaze about five times on the roulette and I am getting more and more annoyed that the game allows you to receive a character from an egg you've already gotten. Sure, it gives you your 50 red rings back, but I wanted a new character, not a damn refund. ALL I WANT IS SHADOW, RUNNERS. DO ME A SOLID

Edited by Weh

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Blaze is unfortunately Power type in this game, not speed type. Really wish I knew the logic behind that decision other than "team rose needs a power type I guess".

Relatedly, I have gotten Blaze about five times on the roulette and I am getting more and more annoyed that the game allows you to receive a character from an egg you've already gotten. Sure, it gives you your 50 red rings back, but I wanted a new character, not a damn refund. ALL I WANT IS SHADOW, RUNNERS. DO ME A SOLID

SEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA! >:(

It boggles the mind why they thought that a character who is nearly as fast as Sonic should be a Power Type whereas someone who is much slower but has a massive hammer should be a Speed Type.

Also, consider yourself lucky that you even land on the character eggs. ;^;

SEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA! >:(

It boggles the mind why they thought that a character who is nearly as fast as Sonic should be a Power Type whereas someone who is much slower but has a massive hammer should be a Speed Type.

Also, consider yourself lucky that you even land on the character eggs. ;^;

Amy's a hedgehog while Blaze's a cat, and because in this game types are partially dictated by species, so Amy gets to be a Speed type like the other hedgehogs while Blaze's stuck with Big as a power type.

Although Metal looks great (If he's fly type like some rumoured then perfect) I'll still wait for the adventure event to spend the rsr

Perhaps there's useful companions there, and perhaps Tikal isn't a generic hero/rose character cuz Runners logic

Sounds improbable but hope she is the one that has the Rsr bonus...wouldn't be good as score bonus but would be very useful! 

I really want to get Blaze, but I have a Killer Power group (Vector/Omega), so If I get her, I wouldn't use her much. Is Shadow better than Classic Sonic? If I end up getting Shadow, I don't know to replace Espio or Classic Sonic with him.

I really want to get Blaze, but I have a Killer Power group (Vector/Omega), so If I get her, I wouldn't use her much. Is Shadow better than Classic Sonic? If I end up getting Shadow, I don't know to replace Espio or Classic Sonic with him.

i think Blaze and Omega could be good, after all there are a lot of enemies on power levels and you have to destroy them to get both of the bonuses.

As forfor shadow being better than classic sonic, i guess he is becouse i stoped using classic when i got Rouge, if you're good at lasting long on the highest speed sections then use classic, if not, then use anything else.(but +distance% character)

Edit: btw this

IMG_20150903_052505.thumb.jpg.8a2aa5e3ec

IMG_20150903_052443.thumb.jpg.f0967de074

Edited by Hundjäger18
  • Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone else tried that lag fix to see if it works?

It works on my iPhone 6+. Thanks, Hogfather.

IMG_20150903_052505.thumb.jpg.8a2aa5e3ec

IMG_20150903_052443.thumb.jpg.f0967de074

image.thumb.jpg.40189149bb41145d6233c1d5

It has been heard two words "Please understand" for so many times.

I tried it for one run, and I think it worked! I'll keep trying and see if that wasn't just a fluke on my part.Tried it a bit more and it's working! I've been able to get through Power stages more easily now!

Also, I got out my old Sony Xperia Play to test the game, as it's supposedly compatible with Android 2.3... Apart from it taking about 10 minutes to load, the lag was so bad that I managed to die in the tutorial... the ground just disappeared and then the app froze! After that as soon as I close notifications, the app force closes... I don't think that SEGA knew the game's limitations or tested it that much. (And no Xperia Play game pad support, but that was a given)

Edited by SuperAj3

I tried it for one run, and I think it worked! I'll keep trying and see if that wasn't just a fluke on my part.

Also, I got out my old Sony Xperia Play to test the game, as it's supposedly compatible with Android 2.3... Apart from it taking about 10 minutes to load, the lag was so bad that I managed to die in the tutorial... the ground just disappeared and then the app froze! After that as soon as I close notifications, the app force closes... I don't think that SEGA knew the game's limitations or tested it that much. (And no Xperia Play game pad support, but that was a given)

Actually during the soft launch, the Xperia Play worked (almost) fine, as I was using that as my main device. After the worldwide launch it became unusable. 

Really? That's incredible how much they've added to the game to make it so unusable. My main device's been my S4, and it never had lag issues before the worldwide update, now it's lagging almost every run. (Especially on Power stages, they're unplayable at points because every jump glitches and never follows the intended arc).

i think Blaze and Omega could be good, after all there are a lot of enemies on power levels and you have to destroy them to get both of the bonuses.

This is the combo I've been using for the Power stages, and it's gotten me some pretty high scores so far.

It does seem to remove some lag on my phone (Galaxy A3) so yeah, I'd say it works.

It's pretty safe to assume we are getting a new character this Saturday, as Blaze will be leaving the roulette wheel and SEGA has kept two characters within the character egg since the worldwide release. Metal Sonic is being introduced on the Sonic Boom cartoon this Saturday...probably just a coincidence, but I'm hoping for Metal real soon.

Omfg no way Metal Sonic on Sonic Boom. this is going to be amazing

I hit two million points for once :D

Was using Skull Chao and Magic Lamp to complete today's challenge, mixed with keeping a big combo while using the reserved color powers :)

Screenshot_2015-09-03-12-00-38[1].png

• Thumbs Up 2

I hit two million points for once :D

Was using Skull Chao and Magic Lamp to complete today's challenge, mixed with keeping a big combo while using the reserved color powers :)

Screenshot_2015-09-03-12-00-38[1].png

I swear the Magic Lamp isn't even that good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear the Magic Lamp isn't even that good.

I use magic lamp and UFO, with Blaze and Rouge on power levels, if i can survive with Blaze till the third speed(before max.) and i use color powers with Rouge, i get 5000k, i know it doesnt sounds like much, but its the faster way i can get that score (if i use Rouge and shadow on speed levels it can take twice as much).

• Thumbs Up 1

Today's September 4th! Who's new to the roulette? Nothing's been mentioned on Twitter to my knowledge. Does that mean the Adventure event is next?

EDIT: I got to 600RSR and decided to give the roulette 1 spin. I spun and got Blaze! Yes! Now the remainder's for Tikal/Metal (Whichever is better!) la2p0mW.png

Edited by SuperAj3
  • Thumbs Up 1