Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Goku, what's your gamertag so I can DESTROY YOU!

We met last night along with Boost, its gamerguy2002 v2.

Yeah I had a good time with Boost and Neon here. though I was really off my game I did get a good match where I was tearing through people with the AR, but overall we kept losing the majority of our matches. then we just dicked around in forge allot.

Btw, I'd probably be doing the same thing as Romney here if I lost the presidentional election. (Kotaku)

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

So I talked to Goku about this last night while we were in forge. I think it's time we start A SSMB clan of some sorts. Unofficial at the moment since 343 hasn't a Official Clan thing up yet. Seems like it could be really fun actually. Working together in forge to make Sonic related or other game related Maps(Me and goku actually want to make Final rush :P), Beating the competition, Showing gamers on halo that Sonic fans can be awesome at other things besides Sonic. So if your interested, PM me with your gamertag and I'll see what I can do.

Just beat campaign...

CORTANA!!!! NO!!!

Like many have said, it took a while for it to start up, but once it did, it was pretty damn good. The voice acting is great. New chief sounds....weird. But it's something that I'll get use too. Cortana was the star of this game by far. She had the best acting, best everything in the game. And I've yet to encounter any glitches. Def game of the year guys. Halo 4 for game of the century!

Funny, not long ago people where talking if 343 had what it takes to make a good Halo game and from the looks of it, it appears to be on same level of the other ones or even better.

I just so frustrated that I have to wait until the holidays to play this...

EDIT: also one question, How is the soundtrack?

Edited by redhellc

So I talked to Goku about this last night while we were in forge. I think it's time we start A SSMB clan of some sorts. Unofficial at the moment since 343 hasn't a Official Clan thing up yet. Seems like it could be really fun actually. Working together in forge to make Sonic related or other game related Maps(Me and goku actually want to make Final rush tongue.png), Beating the competition, Showing gamers on halo that Sonic fans can be awesome at other things besides Sonic. So if your interested, PM me with your gamertag and I'll see what I can do.

Bitch please, I started an SSMB Clan in Halo Reach, I asked people in the Status Updates because I didn't know about this topic or it wasn't made yet, a couple of people were interested but we never fully went through with it, we...but not me, I did!

So yeah, my clan tag is "SSMB" and I tried creating a blue buzzsaw as the symbol....

heck the link out for proof ;)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=sonicfan01

Funny, not long ago people where talking if 343 had what it takes to make a good Halo game and from the looks of it, it appears to be on same level of the other ones or even better.

I just so frustrated that I have to wait until the holidays to play this...

EDIT: also one question, How is the soundtrack?

Since you were the last post on that page....

The soundtrack is top tier. Minus a few random questionable tunes during campaign, it's amazing.

Since you were the last post on that page....

The soundtrack is top tier. Minus a few random questionable tunes during campaign, it's amazing.

Thanks, I'm glad to now that.smile.png

From the previews I was a little scared that it wasn't good enough.

The Halo Bulletin: 11.8.12

Topics include:

~I think we're just getting started - 343i recap

~Midnight Madness - 343i recap

~Halo 4 Housekeeping - FAQ

~Next Week's Matchmaking Playlist Update - SWAT returns

Nice so its going to be weekly playlist updates to halo 4. wish they just get around to reach as well.

And here we go with another review. This time it's Halo 4.

Halo 4 starts off right where Halo 3 ended. You are the legendary spartan, Master Chief. After a long war with the Covenant, he and Cortana. His AI assistant are on a half destroyed ship, coasting through space. When the game starts, Cortana come back online after noticing a disturbance. She then forces Chief to wake up after starting up the half of the ship they are on. From there, you two have to figure out what is going on. And figure out why the hell the humans and covenant are fighting once more.

This story starts off slow but about 1/8 through it picks up. Cortana is the star here and wow is her actor a master. She had so much emotion. And when she shows her temper, it's amazing. Her and chief grow a very strong connection through this game. So by the time you finish it, which is only like maybe 8 hours, you will be a fan of them. Also you meet a new set of spartans. Anyways the soundtrack and acting is top tier. There are some tunes I did question but in general it was great. 343 really kicked some major ass.

Visually this game is amazing. When I started up multiplayer, which I'll get back too, I was mind blown. The lighting is amazing. The level of detail in every stage, every mission, every single piece of armor the spartans wear is amazing. I'm not going to say this is the best looking console game on the market but it is in my top 3. Another thing that they enhanced is the water effects. They look about as good as anything Crysis 2 has. Heck at times they seem to be on par with each other. Each weapon looks amazing. And they all sound great. Something I forgot to mention is, 343 changed the sound of everything in this game. You remember the sniper from the previous Halo games? Yeah, it no longer sounds the same. When you shoot your DMR, you feel like this game rifle has power. When you kill someone with a weapon, you enjoy the kill. Speaking of weapons, 343 added a new set of weapons called promethian weapons. When a Promethian sniper....err Binary sniper hits you, you disintegrate. Yes I just said that. If you are killed by their version of a shotgun, either you die normally or you disintegrate. Same goes for their very of the Rocket Launcher. That Prometian Cannon (Rocket Launcher) is one of the strongest guns I have ever witnessed in any game. Same goes for their sniper. If that sniper hits you anywhere, it be int he foot, head, finger ect...you die. End of story. No one shot, NO CHANCE. NO CHANCE IN HELL. It's freaking crazy. If they shoot that cannon at you, RUN. Don't try to dodge it, don't try to contest it, just run. Because if that comes close to hitting you, you die. And even if they miss but you are close to the wall or they hit the ground like 5 meters away from you, it explodes into roughly 8 pieces. If you get hit by them, you die. It's crazy.

Now for the multiplayer. Do you remember how much you loved Halo 2 or Halo 3? Yeah, that style is back. This game has the best of all FPS games in one. It's fast paced, crazy powerful weapons and not NOOB friendly. Okay it is kinda noob friendlly but it does require one to actually aim and practice with a certain weapons and LAND HITS. Regular slayer along with Big Team Slayer is amazing. And yes you do sprint by default unlike Halo: Reach. In most gametypes, you get armor abilities. Jetpack, Thruster, Active camo ect. All are pretty good. Best thing, they got rid of the fan hated Armor lock. Yep that NOOB FRIENDLY ability is no more. In replace of that, you get a shield. It's great in BIG TEAM. This thing just like Armor lock prevents damage from most things. But unlike LOCK, you can't destroy vehicles with this. But you can block and bounce back most weapons. I've blocked rockets, shotguns, swords, and grenades. Yet I've never last again a tank. Also this shield is not as bad as LOCK. At least now you can move around with the shield, but it only blocks things in front of you. So don't expect to block all attacks because if a rocket hit the ground behind you.....RIP. Thruster is basically a short boost in a direction of choice. It's nothing real special but it works. It is also slowly becoming a fan favorite from what I've witnessed. Along with the returning abilities you also get the option to deploy a small turret. It does damage and is pretty good in objective gametypes. With the abilities, you also get to mod your loadouts to take this up a level. If you want to reload faster, you have that option, if you want your abilities to recharge faster, you have that option. If you feel the need to see your radar while scoped in, you have that option. Basically 343 took Halo and pushed it to a new level.

Spartan ops is another play style. It's like co-op.....after the story. It takes place after the main campaign and it's just spartans. Not chief, just other spartans in the game. It's set up in seasons and episodes. We've already gotten season one....and if my info is right, we get a new season either every week or every month. I do know for sure it's something no other game has done so far. And 343 is offering a few seasons for free. After soo many, they will begin to charge for them. They also said, depending on how the player plays them, depends on how 343 will make next season. So I'm assuming if one season is to hard for many players, 343 will dumb it down. And if players blow through it with ease, the next season will be harder. By far the most interesting concept I've seen any game designer offer.

All in all, this a fantastic game. And this definitely earns my vote for Game of the Year.

My final rating for this game is........10/10.

Edited by Eternal X
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah so these are pretty awesome, gives me a reason to go through Spartan-OPS more then once:

Hopefully we see a new one every week! :)

So...is that SSMB clan official? If so what are the requirements of entering?

Oh and can I get some of your gamertags? I barely have anyone from here on my friends list.

Edited by KoalaPoop

So, my copy from Mountain Dew finally came yesterday...

post-614-0-05841200-1352978253_thumb.jpg

Here's my impressions...

I like the game, I don't love it, I like it. The game plays like Halo and it's good that my trust in 343 wasn't wasted. One of my gripes being in this is the lack of ammo for Human weapons but story wise I can see why there would be. With roughly about half way through the campaign and I'm not entirely impressed, it's your typical Halo fare at best, the acting is most definitely ramped up in comparison to past titles and a fair start to a new trilogy, but personally it still doesn't beat Halo: Combat Evolved/Anniversary.

The music is something to appreciate and while most of the fanboys/fangirls may prefer Marty O'Donnell, I feel as if the new composer is aloooot better, everyone of his pieces throughout the game are an instant eargasm while I've felt past music in Halo to be hit or miss. Couldn't understand why everyone overly-praises the graphics; They are definitely better than Halo Reach but as far as console graphics go, I hand the "Best Looking" title to both Crysis 1 and 2...and soon 3. From a visual point of few it's a case of "I've seen better". The locales for the game so far are lush but your typical halo fare, some shiny future set pieces here, some desert/rock areas to jungles & forests.

Now on to the multiplayer...

The multiplayer is where I see the most improvements, the action is fast paced, adrenaline-fueled mayhem that one comes to expect from the quality of Halo and it really feels at it's peak. I'm personally not a multiplayer guy as it's always Campaign first THEN multiplayer after wards but I always have to play online with a Halo game, always! Spartan-Ops is okay so far, but I'd personally rather have Firefight or y'know, both!

So far it's a nice all around package of sci-fi FPS action to keep you busy until the next game that pleases you (in some people's cases, Black Ops 2). Personally I feel the hype that surrounded this to be nonsense as it's not as great as everyone has made it out to be.

If I were to rank the Halo series from best to worst from my experience it would follow as:

Halo:CE/Anniversary > Halo 3: ODST > Halo 4 > Halo Reach > Halo 3 > Halo Wars > Halo 2

Overall from my experience so far I'd give this game a 3.5 out of 5.

I know, I haven't played it all yet, but by the way it's looking, my opinion won't change!

So, my copy from Mountain Dew finally came yesterday...

post-614-0-05841200-1352978253_thumb.jpg

If I were to rank the Halo series from best to worst from my experience it would follow as:

Halo:CE/Anniversary > Halo 3: ODST > Halo 4 > Halo Reach > Halo 3 > Halo Wars > Halo 2

Overall from my experience so far I'd give this game a 3.5 out of 5.

I know, I haven't played it all yet, but by the way it's looking, my opinion won't change!

Wait, you said Halo 4 is inferior to ODST? A game that could have simply been DLC for Halo 3? What? I mean I could understand Halo 1 because that game was perfect for it's time. But ODST? I'm shocked by what i just read.

Wait, you said Halo 4 is inferior to ODST? A game that could have simply been DLC for Halo 3? What? I mean I could understand Halo 1 because that game was perfect for it's time. But ODST? I'm shocked by what i just read.

ODST is roughly the same length as Halo 3, if anything bigger because of the Hub you explore, it's size was the reason it became it's own thing I'm sure!

But more importantly, ODST wins on an emotional level, with the atmosphere, the music oozing with that feeling of loneliness and vulnerability and the fact your not a Spartan makes you even MORE vulnerable!

I don't know man. Halo4 had a real emotional thing going on with cortana and chief. I felt real sadness for cortana at the end. Sure tge story could have been deeper, like Assassin creed 2 but it was still amazing. Consisering fps games dont really have that deep emo feeling.

I donno about you, but since ODST, the games have been more emotional, I mean Halo 3 started to show an emotional side, but didn't touch on it too much, ODST and Reach were both emotional in their own ways. Then came Halo 4 which fully touched upon the side Halo 3 started to show. It depends what you prefer or what gets to.

Halo 3 ODST: Loneliness and vulnerability while tracking your team down in a dark hostile environment.

Halo Reach: Knowing you and your team are the last line of defense for Reach while slowly watching your own team be destroyed one by one.

Halo 3/Halo 4: A deep personal bond between a Spartan and his A.I.

Halo 3's drama felt kind of forced to me. Chief and Cortana's dynamic didn't really come into full effect until the end of the game, and even then they didn't do much with it there. Halo 4's really where their relationship kicks in.

Halo 3's drama felt kind of forced to me. Chief and Cortana's dynamic didn't really come into full effect until the end of the game, and even then they didn't do much with it there. Halo 4's really where their relationship kicks in.

Pretty much what I just said :| They only touched on it, letting the player know it was there but not doing anything with it.

Finished the campaign today though, overall I feel it wasn't as open, as long as any of the previous games, too much spent on making it look epic, and create an epic atmosphere, but the overall feeling of the campaign didn't feel epic, still good thing for Spartan Ops to add some more story albeit not about the Chief or Cortana.

Replying to scott, h4 is the beginning of something new. I'm expecting halo5 or whatever it will be called to take it to the next level. Kinda like ac1 and ac2. I mean, i want to.see what they do next with chuef. Until then, i'll be hooked on halo 4 multiplayer.

Speaking of that, i fucking hate complex. Worst stage i've ever played 4v4 in by far. Its to damn big. Def an objective or big team stage.

It's a new beginning, but the campaign itself is a disappointment, literally takes roughly 4 hours to beat, I mean when you compare it to the campaign of Halo Anniversary which we got last year and considering it's an older game and how the series has "evolved" I'd expect a more open, longer campaign crawling with enemies. The multiplayer is really fun but I find myself playing Big Team Slayer mostly.

Halo 5 better have a longer campaign :/

• Thumbs Up 1