Awoo.

Gabz Girl

Saw the teaser trailer (3D version) and it's pretty much:

The sequence of suiting up the marshmallow-bot.

It's funny, but kinda expected maybe a tiny bit more.

Same. I was hoping for at least some dialogue. Oh, and February 2015? That's just for UK...right? RIGHT?!

Teaser trailer! Reminds me a lot of Pixar's The Incredibles teaser, albeit the subject is a robot rather than an out-of-shape superhero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vco0SpSz17g

Hm, a February 2015 release date? Does this mean the film has been delayed? Granted, this trailer was uploaded via the Disney UK YT account (so people across the pond might receive the film later), but still...

That's the UK release, they usualy get the cartoon movies 3 months or more later 

Yep, UK release it seems. Dammit why was Frozen released earlier but now this one is February again? I hate it when we have to wait so long! ><

Anyways it's a cute teaser trailer. Luckily my expectations weren't high so deep down I knew it was just gonna be Hiro and Baymax but they're both adorable characters and the end made me chuckle. Odd they never mentioned Marvel (maybe they will in later trailers?) but then again this isn't in the MCU.

That's the UK release, they usualy get the cartoon movies 3 months or more later 

They're animated films. A cartoon is something you'd see on TV.

They're animated films. A cartoon is something you'd see on TV.

They're the same thing in my book. But whatever floats your boat.

Anyways, this was a short but sweet trailer that was enough to keep me satisfied. Baymax chasing the soccerball is probably the most adorable thing I've seen this week. 

Can't wait to see more.

News is coming in thick and fast now!

Apparently Disney updated the synopsis on their Big Hero 6 website and Wasabi No-Ginger is now just called Wasabi. They just scrapped the surname, so it's not too bad a change IMO.

Also, here's Bryan Lee O'Malley's response on Twitter to Big Hero 6!

Looking forward to disney’s robot ching chong ding dong big wang wasabi eggroll movie

...Okay I like the guy (Scott Pilgrim was the bomb), but I hope he's joking here. Just because Hiro has huge eyes doesn't mean he's not Asian. It's anime style ffs! Talk about run before you walk.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I hate to admit it but... I'm not really feeling the movie.

It just doesn't feel like a Disney film to me, it seems weird for them to be adapting something so recent. And I'm not liking the art style either, it looks like a Dreamworks film in my opinion.

I'll probably still watch it but this film's going to look weird in my collection.

It just doesn't feel like a Disney film to me, it seems weird for them to be adapting something so recent.

Exactly what do you mean by recent? The original comic the film is based on got started in 1998. That's at least 16 years. 2007's Meet The Robinsons was similarly based on a book that was at the time 17 years old.

Exactly what do you mean by recent? The original comic the film is based on got started in 1998. That's at least 16 years. 2007's Meet The Robinsons was similarly based on a book that was at the time 17 years old.

I did not know that about Meet the Robinsons :lol:

And I mean most of their films are based on fairy-tales that are 100+ years old or original content, BH6 is a Marvel comic. It just seems weird to me, call it my gut feeling.

I did not know that about Meet the Robinsons laugh.png

And I mean most of their films are based on fairy-tales that are 100+ years old or original content, BH6 is a Marvel comic. It just seems weird to me, call it my gut feeling.

They've been wanting to get away from the fairy-tales though, they said Tangled was going to be their last one.

Technically Frozen is kind of one, but also not a fairy-tale when she's not the original Snow Queen (despite originally going to be). Trying a comic-book movie after doing a video game movie is a pretty smart way to go by exploring new horizons.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate to admit it but... I'm not really feeling the movie.

It just doesn't feel like a Disney film to me, it seems weird for them to be adapting something so recent. And I'm not liking the art style either, it looks like a Dreamworks film in my opinion.

I'll probably still watch it but this film's going to look weird in my collection.

That's exactly what I was saying before. Doesn't seem like a Disney film at all. To be fair, I said the same thing about Wreck-it Ralph but ended up loving it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Disney has been making non fairy tale movies to mix things up since the early years.

After Pinocchio, there were no fairy tales till the 1950 hit Cinderella, then we had Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty, then another break till Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. After that another huge period without fairy tales till Princess and the Frog came around.

If anything, the non fairy tale movies are way bigger in number than the fairy tales. I have no idea what is this recent sudden mindset that if it's not a fairy tale it doesn't feel like Disney. Disney Animation is this according to Walt himself and John Lasseter: Tell great stories with great characters while pushing technology forward.

It doesn't need to be a fairy tale to be good people, it just needs to be....well...Good cool.png

• Thumbs Up 4

...Okay I like the guy (Scott Pilgrim was the bomb), but I hope he's joking here. Just because Hiro has huge eyes doesn't mean he's not Asian. It's anime style ffs! Talk about run before you walk.

He does have a point they're not really trying to hide. It's very doubtful this will be any respectful look at Japanese culture, it's the whole point of the San Frantokyo setting- so they can bring the fetichized elements they want like the japanese rooftops but then go "oh it's just an Americanapanese setting, if things are a bit off it's because of that!"

Just look at the lettering type and orientation with fake-katakana. It's the same as writing R in reverse to look Russian.

I mean, I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's falling for the Cool Japan image Japan crafted so hard. But he's got a point nonetheless.

Even though I have no clue about this Baymax fellow and what kind of character is going to be

tumblr_n60vdyUXVU1txfykbo1_250.gif

I already love this guy. He's so pure, so innocent, so adorable wub.png

Looks lke this will be one of the best Disney movies ever.

Not to be rude, but how do you gather such a statement from that small piece of footage?

Not to be rude, but how do you gather such a statement from that small piece of footage?

because of....opinions and stuff?....

Wow, the redesign for the lizard guy sure is... ugly.

The rest of the cast looks great, though. I especially dig the flame/blade guy's design. Very nice.

Megaman?

Seriously though I'm getting a battle of the planets vibe from these designs....can't really say much more seeing as I don't know anytihng about the originals, they're nice though. That monster one though....so power rangers :P

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for this. Obviously not much has been released, but what has been shown has impressed me enough. 

That poster? It's beautiful, fresh, eye-catching. I admittedly barely knew anything about the movie before these bits of news came out (Not because I'm not interested, but because I deliberately try to avoid news for movies I look forward to), and I saw the anime/japanese influence immediately. An original movie poster is a sight to behold, so much better than having the main character standing in the middle of the space looking away slightly from the audience. Way too overdone, you feel me? 

Also /loved/ the teaser. That's how a teaser should be. Brings me back to that Incredibles teaser from wayyyyy back. 

As for this being the movie that follow Frozen, well, okay, lol. I liked Frozen enough, but this and Wreck-It Ralph definitely seem more my forte. 

Fighting Crime with a Mech or Two by a big-name animation studio (DISNEY BLAGGDHGSDFSDF) is an insta-watch in my book. Placing my full faith in Disney here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey you guys, the tumblr gave us some concept art for Wasabi and Honey Lemon

tumblr_n65c50oNLg1t0jrxxo2_400.jpgtumblr_n65c50oNLg1t0jrxxo1_400.jpg

Wasabi looks like a cool dude

• Thumbs Up 6

Wasabi looks like he got fucked up good before filming started.

This movie is looking awesome. Will Disney do well executed action scenes though?