Awoo.

Gabz Girl

Here's a picture of the cast of the actual comic book for anyone who doesn't know anything about them.

big-hero-6.jpg

That golem robot thing at the left looks really rad. So does the cyborg girl. 

Also is that Redzilla at the back or is it me. 

That golem robot thing at the left looks really rad. So does the cyborg girl. 

Also is that Redzilla at the back or is it me. 

Fredzilla, yep

But the silhouettes of their film counterparts look radically different from their appearance in the comics. I'm really concerned to how they'll make Fredzilla and Baymax look like because their comic designs are awesome.

I just hope this film still has the Disney magic and isn't going to just be an animated super hero flick.

We sorta know what Baymax will look like. There's a t-shirt with him on it;

baymax-robot-big-hero-6.jpg

And there's concept art of Baymax and Hiro;

tumblr_n2cvw3kCji1t0tv1ko1_400.jpg

There's some other changes too like Wasabi no Ginger is African American and Fredzilla is now just Fred (and as far as I know, doesn't have Godzilla transforming powers but dresses up as Godzilla). Pretty sure Honey Lemon and Go Go Tamago won't be so..err, busty either.

I'm really hoping this film doesn't suffer the same fate as Pocahontas. This is because it already has the bad luck of coming on the heels of the oscar winning mega hit known as Frozen, just like Pocahontas had the bad luck of coming after The Lion King.

I'm really hoping this film doesn't suffer the same fate as Pocahontas. This is because it already has the bad luck of coming on the heels of the oscar winning mega hit known as Frozen, just like Pocahontas had the bad luck of coming after The Lion King.

On the flip side though, Super heroes are HUGE right now, Indians back then, not so much. Add to that, there is no general competition to animated  super hero flicks right now, because this is the ONLY one coming out this year. It should do good, specialy in Japan

Sad to say that I'm not really even excited for this. Disney owning Marvel...ok, but dedicating a film in the animated canon to it's characters? I don't know...maybe it's just because I've never liked superheroes. It doesn't even seem like a Disney film, really...no songs, no princesses...

But hey, Wreck-it Ralph didn't seem ANYTHING like a Disney movie at first, but it turned out to be my 2nd favorite movie of all time (Frozen is #1).

EDIT: ok I guess WIR technically had a princess in it.

I never really liked superheroes either, but I'm still looking forward to this. Disney's done plenty of movies that have either no princesses or traditional Disney songs, and many of them are quite good. I think it's good for Disney to do different things; like you said, Wreck It Ralph is a great movie, but we'd have never gotten it if Disney stuck to the "songs and princesses" formula.

• Thumbs Up 7

I have faith in Disney that this will be just as good or possibly even better than Wreck it Ralph, and that was a Disney flick without songs and princesses (well, there's Vanellope but she's not part of the Disney Princess line so...). I'm not sure if we'll get a repeat of Pocahontas here, but let's hope not anyway.

Btw, good news! http://www.rotoscopers.com/2014/05/02/big-hero-6-sneak-peak-to-play-before-maleficent/ There will be a Big Hero 6 sneak peak before live action movie Maleficent. Guess I have to go and see it now. =D

I swear, if this movie is the "next Pocahontas" and starts a downwards spiral...

I swear, if this movie is the "next Pocahontas" and starts a downwards spiral...

Oh god, lets hope not. Especially since Disney has gotten their mojo back.

Baymax's eyes look weird, but I'm liking the design. Albeit I like the comic design more, looks more awesome.

Oh god, lets hope not. Especially since Disney has gotten their mojo back.

Their future films don't sound great except for Moana and Giants...I don't care if these films aren't as amazing as others, as long as they do well financially so we don't enter another dark age...*shudder*

I'm interested in this film. It could be a great work!

Only time will tell for sure, though.

It doesn't even seem like a Disney film, really...no songs, no princesses...

Weird you say that considering your username. If you take a look at Walt Disney Animation Studios films (what we refer to as "Disney movies"), only about half of them are actually musicals, and every single WDAS movie from the 1970's and 1980's (before Oliver & Company) was not a musical. WDAS making a non-musical film is nothing out of the ordinary.

• Thumbs Up 7

I really should've worded that differently. Basically what I meant is the movies with princesses and songs are the most popular among the general audience, and are pretty much what the Disney animated movies are known for. I'm well aware of all the non musical, non princess movies...

I really should've worded that differently. Basically what I meant is the movies with princesses and songs are the most popular among the general audience, and are pretty much what the Disney animated movies are known for. I'm well aware of all the non musical, non princess movies...

Are you saying you just don't want Disney to make a film that does decently-at-best at the box office, or gets average reviews from critics?

Are you saying you just don't want Disney to make a film that does decently-at-best at the box office, or gets average reviews from critics?

Basically, I don't want this to bomb and send Disney into another dark age. It already has the disadvantage of coming after the huge, mega success that was Frozen. And it being based off Marvel characters just seems really weird for a Disney movie to me. After seeing Frozen, people will probably expect the next movie to be another princess musical...but it's not.

Basically, I don't want this to bomb and send Disney into another dark age. It already has the disadvantage of coming after the huge, mega success that was Frozen. And it being based off Marvel characters just seems really weird for a Disney movie to me. After seeing Frozen, people will probably expect the next movie to be another princess musical...but it's not.

Throughout Disney's 91 year run and 490+ movies under its belt, there's only been about 14 princesses (15 if you include Mulan) with music in them.

Why would people think that?

• Thumbs Up 7

Ever since John Lasseter took over, he said he didn't want Disney to get repetetive with its films, that's why we're not getting fairy tales all the time. Wreck It Ralph was considerably different from their other stuff and yet it did fine.

That is a good strategy. But I sympathize with Disney Dork in being a tad bit worried for this movie considering it's predecessor.

Throughout Disney's 91 year run and 490+ movies under its belt, there's only been about 14 princesses (15 if you include Mulan) with music in them.

Why would people think that?

For the same reason that the average person would say Pikachu if you asked them to name a pokemon. There may be another 500 but Pikachu's the famous one.

The princess movies make up a small part of the canon but it's the part that most people automatically think of when they think of Disney movies.

That said, I definitely don't think it's a problem that this isn't a Princess film. I really don't see it sending Disney into another dark age. Even if there is a demand for another princess film, people can wait another year for Spirited.

Plus,with the huge success of the Marvel movies of late, I really don't see there being a problem here. It'll do fine.

Spirited doesn't come out until about 2017...

Spirited doesn't come out until about 2017...

really? My bad, I thought it was the next flick in line.