Awoo.

Gabz Girl

really? My bad, I thought it was the next flick in line.

Trust me, out of all the films they've announced, that's the one I REALLY want to be next.

really? My bad, I thought it was the next flick in line.

Nah, "Zootopia" comes after BH6.

Trust me, out of all the films they've announced, that's the one I REALLY want to be next.

Same here!

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't hold out much hope for that, it is a teaser after all. Still, it's good to at least see SOME marketing for this...

All we'll see is an anthropomorphic, comic relief sidekick character...they did the same thing with Frozen.

"Big Hero 6 will undeniably have a 'comedy relief antics' trailer"

Then again, these were the teaser/first trailers for Wreck-It-Ralph and Winnie-The-Pooh, respectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPSQOomMWro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFz--GCkOM

I don't see any focus on comedy-relief sidekicks in either of these two.

Well I guess Disney did it with Frozen because if stupid, stereotypical males (especially kids) saw the actual main characters, they'd be like "ew that's movies so gay lol #swag". They had to trick the brain dead kids by showing a funny little snowman instead. 

...as painful and sad as it is to say...it worked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember what they did with Tangled when the first teaser trailer came out?

I remember thinking back then that the movie was going to be really bad just because of how lame that trailer was! Since Big Hero 6 seems to be aiming at the same crowd as Wreck it Ralph though, I don't think we'll see much trailer meddling. Seems like only the Princess movies have that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, imagine if you're the head of Disney's marketing department. Your job is to get asses in seats by any means necessary. If that means having to lie about the movie so stupid kids who wouldn't know a good movie if it hit them in the faces go watch it, then so be it.

Honestly, I'd rather have that than what DreamWorks is doing with HTTYD 2. We already know one of the big plot twists from the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like only the Princess movies have that.

Like I said before, they always do that because stereotypical males, especially kids (unfortunately there are quite a lot of them) won't go to see it if they see that it's a "gay, girly princess movie"...as they would probably say. 

Looks nice :)

So...the robot thing...what is he exactly? Does the snowman thing turn into the robot or is it wearing armour?

Looks nice smile.png

So...the robot thing...what is he exactly? Does the snowman thing turn into the robot or is it wearing armour?

The robot Baymax was originally created by Hiro's brother Tadashi as a cuddly comforting robot for a care home or something. Hiro wanted to create a battle robot instead though, so after his brother died he took the original marshmallow Baymax and as can be seen here, suited him up with armour and possibly weaponry too.

Hopefully we'll find out more in the teaser trailer and maybe some more story details during the summer. So much of this movie is still a mystery!

I can definitely see a bit of "anime" in Hiro's design.I was wondering if they were going to take the art in that direction, considering the anime/super sentai influence the original comics had...

I like it! I can't wait to see more... Thursday can't come soon enough. DX 

Animation style looks great! Kinda anime-ish. 

I feel stupid asking this...but how do you pronounce "Hiro", anyway? Is it like "He-ro" or "High-ro"?

Is the voice actor list on the Disney wiki for this movie for real? If so, I'm very disappointed. Ross Lynch is voicing Hiro...for those of you who don't know, he's one of those teen celebs that stars on one of the crappy "Disney" Channel sitcoms. Like...seriously? Ugh.

They've also got David Schwimmer, Danny Trejo, Ben Stiller and Zooey Deschanel listed. I really hope they aren't going for the whole "look celebrities are doing the voices" thing...

Is the voice actor list on the Disney wiki for this movie for real? If so, I'm very disappointed. Ross Lynch is voicing Hiro...for those of you who don't know, he's one of those teen celebs that stars on one of the crappy "Disney" Channel sitcoms. Like...seriously? Ugh.

They've also got David Schwimmer, Danny Trejo, Ben Stiller and Zooey Deschanel listed. I really hope they aren't going for the whole "look celebrities are doing the voices" thing...

first mistake, going to a wiki pre-release, only a handful of actors have actualy been listed, and they aren't big celebrity names 

That's actually a stunning teaser poster, so stunning that I want one on my bedroom wall! The colours are eye catching and I like the Japanese text font in the top right corner. Very cool, and makes me even more excited for the teaser trailer tomorrow!

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw the teaser trailer (3D version) and it's pretty much:

The sequence of suiting up the marshmallow-bot.

It's funny, but kinda expected maybe a tiny bit more.

Teaser trailer! Reminds me a lot of Pixar's The Incredibles teaser, albeit the subject is a robot rather than an out-of-shape superhero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vco0SpSz17g

Hm, a February 2015 release date? Does this mean the film has been delayed? Granted, this trailer was uploaded via the Disney UK YT account (so people across the pond might receive the film later), but still...

Finding it curious there's no mention of it being based on a Marvel comic. Guessing either to prevent brand confusion (although you'd figure it'd only help), or to prevent kids from going back to check the comic which might not be quite aimed at the same audience the movie is.