Awoo.

Gabz Girl

She has glasses when unsuited

It's true that there is some character art of her with glasses on. I think it's a few pages back in this topic. I just hope she still retains these glasses in the final film. At least it would make her look somewhat different to Rapunzel. >>

I haven't watched a disney movie in almost a decade so I'm not excited for this movie, but I have gotten annoyed by the re-used faces.

I mean is there any legitimate reason for them to keep recycling this:

20130713112606!Rapunzel.jpg

Ugly as sin bug-eyed piece of shit as their standard female face?

I just realised her face is pretty similar to that chameleon's...

That's not a good thing...

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't watched a disney movie in almost a decade so I'm not excited for this movie, but I have gotten annoyed by the re-used faces.

I mean is there any legitimate reason for them to keep recycling this:

20130713112606!Rapunzel.jpg

Ugly as sin bug-eyed piece of shit as their standard female face?

It could be worse if you've been watching DreamWorks films during those past 10 years.

WBkj0u1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New picture has been going around Tumblr of the Big Hero 6 team, including our first new look at Fred without the weird suit!

http://mondeanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/new-official-look-at-big-hero-6-main.html

Hiro looks really adorkable here, but what caught my eye was how different Honey Lemon looks to her CG model! She still wears glasses, so hopefully the complaints about her looking like Rapunzel will quiet down now.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honey Lemon looks much better in 2D art that she does in CGI.

But then again, so does most things.

Did they have to make Fred white, too?

Honey Lemon looks much better in 2D art that she does in CGI.

But then again, so does most things.

Did they have to make Fred white, too?

Fred_%28Fredzilla%29_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Excuse me?

You realise Wasabi-no Ginger wasn't even black too, right?

Wasabi-No_Ginger_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Fred_%28Fredzilla%29_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Excuse me?

You realise Wasabi-no Ginger wasn't even black too, right?

Wasabi-No_Ginger_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Yes, and...?

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Yes, and...?

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Well what does the colour of their skin have to do with anything and questioning why is Fred white when he was already white?

Wake me up when they reveal the villain of the movie.

And what if they do a Frozen or a Wreck-It Ralph where the villain isn't revealed?

And what if they do a Frozen or a Wreck-It Ralph where the villain isn't revealed?

Tbh, honest I think the whole "twist villain" thing will wear out it's welcome if it happens in this movie. That's just me though.

The human designs look really good when hand drawn! They're all nice and varied. I also like how the goofy sidekick is a human. Has that ever been done before in a Disney movie, besides Wreck-it Ralph?

Still bothered by his monster design, though...

much_ado_about_fredzilla_by_aokamidu-d7m

Apparently Baymax only speaks a few sentences. He sounds cute though.

Here's a sneak peak trailer, and Hiro speaks in this one too! A new trailer is coming out next Tuesday 15 July so hopefully we'll finally see more of the cast in that trailer as well.

Wasabis VA (along with the voice actors for the rest of the team) have been revealed.

Like his character in the upcoming animated film Big Hero 6, Damon Wayans Jr. wouldn't have a clue what to do when given super-cool plasma laser blades.

In the comedic actor's mind, however, that just makes Wasabi a little bit more like the rest of us.

"Reluctant heroes aren't too big in America. Spider-Man loves being Spider-Man. They all like being cool. He doesn't like being cool," Wayans says with a laugh about his young do-gooder character.

MORE: Meet the saviors of San Fransokyo in 'Big Hero 6'

Disney

Damon Wayans Jr. provides the voice of Wasabi, who is committed to precision (and can shoot lasers out of his arms) in 'Big Hero 6.'

Wayans is part of an eclectic voice cast that directors Don Hall and Chris Williams have pulled together for Big Hero 6, in theaters Nov. 7. The Disney/Marvel project centers on 14-year-old genius Hiro Hamada, his retrofitted robot, Baymax, and their team of rookie heroes tasked with protecting San Fransokyo.

Ryan Potter (Nickelodeon's Supah Ninjas) stars as Hiro, while Scott Adsit voices Baymax, T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley) is über-nerd fanboy Fred, Jamie Chung (Sucker Punch) is the gung-ho Go Go Tomago, and telenovela star Genesis Rodriguez rounds out the good guys as cheery and empathetic Honey Lemon.

"We've got a lot of characters in this movie, so the voices had to all be really distinctive," Hall says. "At the same time, we had to have really great actors who could ground the characters so they wouldn't sound too one-note."

Comedian Maya Rudolph also has a role as Hiro's guardian, Aunt Cass, a neo-hippie who runs a coffee shop and café out of a remodeled "painted lady" Victorian house.

The actress matched the "fun, kooky energy" needed for the character, Hall says, but because Hiro's usually getting in trouble and causing stress for his aunt, Williams thought Rudolph was perfect because she's also a mom.

"Even though you're laughing and having a good time, you're connecting with her and what she's going through," Williams says. "That's important for a superhero movie to have those moments."

Potter is a fit and youthful 18-year-old, so he was unfazed by all the marathon recording sessions needed for Hiro, Hall says. "That's really hard to fake," he says. "You can't ask a middle-aged person to act like a teenager."

And with his ad-libs, Wayans turned what could be a stiff character into an upbeat one.

Wasabi really likes order, Williams says, "and the idea of turning into a superhero team seems absurd to him. There's a stretch in the movie where he becomes more of the audience point of view. He's saying the things we're saying: 'Boy, this seems awfully crazy and dangerous, doesn't it?' "

His character is a nerd who, at times, would rather choose safety over saving the world, Wayans adds.

"But that's why he ends up becoming part of the Big Hero 6, because he also loves his buddies."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/07/13/big-hero-6-animated-movie-cast-exclusive/12411221/

I'm loving these designs so far. But where's the goddamn villain?! *sighs* Oh well, there's always hope for a trailer.

The final designs look great (well, besides maybe Fred's weird monster outfit) and IMO Honey Lemon certainly doesn't look as much like Rapunzel or Anna as she did before. I actually like her look, it's cute but geeky. I think GoGo is definitely my favourite though!

More voice actors have been also revealed which aren't listed in that article;

James Cromwell as Professor Callaghan

Alan Tudyk as Alistair Krei

Daniel Henney as Tadashi Hamada

Okay Disney, please don't tell me we're getting yet another super secret villain that won't be revealed until the movie is out. >< Once the official trailer comes out tomorrow they better show some kind of threat because we still don't know why these guys have to save San Fransokyo!

It's been rumored that Samuel L. Jackson has a role in this film. Hopefully he's voicing the bad guy?

nah, he voices Frozone who turns into a villain because he couldn't find his super suit