Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's not really problematic, this has been known for ages lol, Issue 174 (Bunnie and Antoine's wedding) make it clear both Julie-Su and Knuckles see marriage as a pointless ceremony, that they trust each other to be faithful and remain together. There's nothing really problematic about two characters wanting to remain together out of marriage, it's just more so kinda silly because Ken drops this like some big revelation, while it's been known for literally well over a decade.

Yeah,kind of knew this already. It's actually part of why I found this a bit worrying.

Surely, it's common knowledge among the people who apparently his fans, so why does he suddenly feel the need to make such a big deal of this?

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Yeah,kind of knew this already. It's actually part of why I found this a bit worrying.

Surely, it's common knowledge among the people who apparently his fans, so why does he suddenly feel the need to make such a big deal of this?

Because the clarification he claimed he couldn't do was done in #174. As in an Ian-written issue that he didn't bother to read. As in an Ian issue that he hasn't bothered to read, yet claims Ian somehow stole ideas from him, because as it turns out, two romantically involved characters upgrading their relationship to marriage is apparently a concept only Ken Penders has ever come up with.

So the reason he's making such a big deal is plain and simple - he doesn't know this was common knowledge and as such, he thinks he's making a bold statement, when in fact it makes him look like a idiot.

• Thumbs Up 4

51 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

“Knuckles—or in this case going forward, K’Nox”

Bruh…Penders…seriously, get the fuck off of Knuckles dick and design, and remake these characters. Seriously, you’ve had a decades time and plenty of attention to warrant an overhaul, because at this point you’re borderline admitting to making fan-fiction that you’re potentially trying to profit off of.

If you already have the story done, you’d probably be a lot further ahead than you are now.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

Lara-Su brought it up like it was some kind of scandalous thing during his 25 Years Later.

I feel like continuing to directly say his Knuckles expy is literally Knuckles is begging for trouble, not that it matters.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

It gets even better given that Penders himself clarified it on his forum way back in the day and even before the series came out basically confirmed that Knux and Julie would never have a traditional marriage or anything like that. Even got into a few fights over it. But yeah, it would be common knowledge by this point between the comics themselves and the wiki making it explicitly clear. Part of me has to wonder if he somehow forgot how clearly established it was. This IS the guy who forgot that HE came up with the plot point of Remington being Kragok's kid and all. 

• Chuckle 3

• 4 weeks later...

I normally don't say much about Penders, but this post he made about one of the IDW covers has gotten me a bit upset.

12 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I normally don't say much about Penders, but this post he made about one of the IDW covers has gotten me a bit upset.

I wouldn't really get upset at what Ken says...he's a hypocrite who uses Google Images as background images for his rather average at best art.  He's in no position to critique anyone much less IDW.  IDW has released more quality work than he's put out in years and he has the gall to criticize them for Sonic not being on the cover?  Please Ken, put out some quality work and then maybe someone will take what you say seriously.

• Thumbs Up 7

He's saying that because the covers were required to have Sonic on them back in his day. But he.. is there, in that tiny corner.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Razule said:

He's saying that because the covers were required to have Sonic on them back in his day. But he.. is there, in that tiny corner.

Fair point, it's just hard to take anything that man says seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Razule said:

Although it's not really necessary to have Sonic on every cover.  I mean, there were some other covers from IDW that didn't feature Sonic, like that Trial by Fire cover that only featured the girls.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is actually far tamer than I expected the discourse surrounding him and IDW Sonic #50 to be.

Not that I mind, I'll add...

• Thumbs Up 3

A bit rich for him to say this. Let's see what he's released over the last decade, shall we?

(Cricket noises)

Err, that's it...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

The cover was approved by SEGA. 

Old-Man Penders may not be able to accept it but things change. Policies change. 

Sonic hasn't been required to be on every cover in years. This is a book attempting to sell folks on characters that may one day cross over into merchandise and other places. Since Sonic and especially the Sonic comics are known for having an ensemble cast its not too much of a reach to believe that not every Sonic the Hedgehog (the comic) will be about Sonic the Hedgehog (the character). 

In the scenario he described the general idea behind the cover is that the newbie would see the book with Sonic's name on it but may not recognize any of the characters. So they'd be like " Oh, who's this? " and take a look to see who the new-to-them characters are. 

• Thumbs Up 4

So…he made any new comic panels or scripts or…?

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh... Ken, you do know that collecting variants is completely optional to the comic collecting experience right?

I think it's nice that we have a wide array of covers to choose from. Maybe you want the one with all of Sonic's friends or maybe one that's more to do with the story.

• Absolutely 3

“It’s why I no longer collect comic books in general”

…aren’t you trying to make one?! Like, wut?

• Absolutely 1

Dude believes in NFT's yet thinks variant covers are a scam. Pfft.

• Chuckle 9

43 minutes ago, MightyGems said:

Here is something Ken himself apparently did.

Sugar Spike.jpeg

Is this a sh*tpost? I feel like this is what someone would call a sh*tpost.

Also, I haven't been on in a while, and I see Penders insulting autistic people, which I am one of. So that's nice. As someone who'd been judged and also rejected by people because of my disability, it sure is great being told that I'm less of a human, according to him.

I don't like to hate anyone, because it's not worth my time, and most people who I end up disliking, I end forgetting about. But this. This is something else.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, VRiderCh said:

This is something else.

That's Penders in a nutshell.

• Fist Bump 2

12 hours ago, VRiderCh said:

Is this a sh*tpost? I feel like this is what someone would call a sh*tpost.

Also, I haven't been on in a while, and I see Penders insulting autistic people, which I am one of. So that's nice. As someone who'd been judged and also rejected by people because of my disability, it sure is great being told that I'm less of a human, according to him.

I don't like to hate anyone, because it's not worth my time, and most people who I end up disliking, I end forgetting about. But this. This is something else.

No, it is not a ****post. I just wanted to share this.

But yeah, Penders insulting autistic people is not cool. I am autistic myself, and I know I could win against Penders in a debate about autism given the chance, or anything for that matter. But that is beside the point, as autistic people are better than what most people make them out to be. What Penders thinks about autism is so uninformed.

• Fist Bump 2

On 6/30/2022 at 9:51 PM, MightyGems said:

Here is something Ken himself apparently did.

Sugar Spike.jpeg

fire flames GIF

Seriously. Just... just... what the FUCK am I looking at?!?!?

• Thumbs Up 1

What gets me is that it feels like literally everything except Sonic and Tails belongs in that pic in some way. They stand out more than Roger Rabbit in downtown L.A.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder how much Ken thinks the comic should be? There is a thing called inflation which, especially now, is affecting the prices of almost everything.

...No comment on the Sugar and Spike art.